Discuss music, movies, TV shows and video games

Moderator: GH Moderators

Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread *Spoilers*

Post by Botman »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: April 29, 2019, 9:53 pm
PigRickman wrote:The interesting part of the MCU is going to be now that fox is involved, X-men being brought into it.
Yeah I’m expecting the MCU to burn the franchise to the ground and start afresh with a reboot.

They’ve confirmed Deadpool will stay R Rated, which is a smart move
Yeah that's a pretty **** vital thing.
I love x-men, that's my entire comic book nerd bag, just **** love it... my son is 5 and we're watching the tv cartoon series together and it's just... i mean honestly, it's just really cool to sit here and watch this with my boy the way me and my dad watched it together

So im super pumped about the idea of x-men getting into the universe, and hopefully me and my boy can go and get some cinema time in before he gets too old to want to hang with dad
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

PigRickman wrote:
Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: April 29, 2019, 9:53 pm
PigRickman wrote:The interesting part of the MCU is going to be now that fox is involved, X-men being brought into it.
Yeah I’m expecting the MCU to burn the franchise to the ground and start afresh with a reboot.

They’ve confirmed Deadpool will stay R Rated, which is a smart move
Yeah that's a pretty **** vital thing.
I love x-men, that's my entire comic book nerd bag, just **** love it... my son is 5 and we're watching the tv cartoon series together and it's just... i mean honestly, it's just really cool to sit here and watch this with my boy the way me and my dad watched it together

So im super pumped about the idea of x-men getting into the universe, and hopefully me and my boy can go and get some cinema time in before he gets too old to want to hang with dad
Me too, X Men got me into comics. It was my Cheez Tv cartoon I had to watch before I started getting ready for school.

Only beef with the movie franchise is how long it’s taken to get Gambit into the game. Dudes my favourite
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Haha how old are you Fui?
Im 32 and that was my exact thing haha, Cheez TV with my old man getting ready for school watching x-men

Now i watch it with my boy before i drop him off at school on tuesdays. Im more annoyed at how that franchise has treated Rogue than Gambit, the phoenix storyline which has been proper botched haha

I want the MCU to just strip this **** back, ignore anything before it and start fresh, without the franchise revolving around Wolverine so much
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I'd like the whole thing to stop. Now. All those dollars could go into making real movies instead of this rubbish.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

greeneyed wrote:I'd like the whole thing to stop. Now. All those dollars could go into making real movies instead of this rubbish.
Such as?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

-TW- wrote: April 29, 2019, 10:51 pm
greeneyed wrote:I'd like the whole thing to stop. Now. All those dollars could go into making real movies instead of this rubbish.
Such as?

We could have a movie about the 1989 Grand Final. Who plays Tim Sheens and who plays Mal Meninga?
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

old man yelling at clouds re **** movies who cant develop characters
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

PigRickman wrote: April 29, 2019, 10:53 pm old man yelling at clouds re **** movies who cant develop characters
:rant :rant :rant

:lol: :lol: :lol:
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

We need some more movies about old people going to India and staying in a hotel.

And less movies about comic book characters.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Definitely more movies about dudes being in boats with a tiger or some ****
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

PigRickman wrote: April 29, 2019, 10:59 pm Definitely more movies about dudes being in boats with a tiger or some ****
I liked that one too!
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

yeah agreed, like OMG that kid was kind of scared of the tiger, hit some schrooms, and now we're off and racing with the jungle book characters, but my gawd! It really spoke to me, said a lot about today's culture of.... i dunno! but i was beautiful

**** off, thing was more trash than Green Lantern
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

But what about the tiger!?
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

PigRickman wrote:Haha how old are you Fui?
Im 32 and that was my exact thing haha, Cheez TV with my old man getting ready for school watching x-men

Now i watch it with my boy before i drop him off at school on tuesdays. Im more annoyed at how that franchise has treated Rogue than Gambit, the phoenix storyline which has been proper botched haha

I want the MCU to just strip this **** back, ignore anything before it and start fresh, without the franchise revolving around Wolverine so much
Yeah I’m 34. I still remember going to school devastated because they killed off Morph. I think that was the first time a show got me like that.
I agree that the movies messed up by combining Rogue and Jubilee together.

One thing about X Men would be seeing how they integrate them, and see how they explain away why they weren’t involved in the battle of New York, or even IW and Endgame.
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: April 29, 2019, 9:55 pm
Northern Raider wrote:Damn shame Black Widow is gone as a combo movie with her and Hawkeye could have been awesome. Neither has super powers and get by on their own skill. They also both have dark histories.
One rumour doing the rounds is the Black Widow movie is going to be a combo one with Hawkeye, where we’ll find out what the hell happened in Budapest
Well they can't hang around too long as the actors are ageing. You will have a couple of fresh faced new operatives being played by middle aged people.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

True, but the CGI used to make actors look younger is incredible these days.

Case in point, Samuel L Mother ******* Jackson in Captain Marvel.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Nickman's love of NSW
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: April 30, 2019, 9:01 am True, but the CGI used to make actors look younger is incredible these days.

Case in point, Samuel L Mother ******* Jackson in Captain Marvel.

I thought they just gave him 2 eyes and a wig.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

greeneyed wrote: April 29, 2019, 10:36 pm I'd like the whole thing to stop. Now. All those dollars could go into making real movies instead of this rubbish.
Must admit Hollywood had been struggling for quality for a long time now. Superhero movies are the ones propping it up. Go to the IMDB top 100 and it's hard to find many quality dramas post 2000.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

greeneyed wrote: April 29, 2019, 10:53 pm
-TW- wrote: April 29, 2019, 10:51 pm
Such as?

We could have a movie about the 1989 Grand Final. Who plays Tim Sheens and who plays Mal Meninga?
I guess it depends on who's doing the movie.
If it's a Hollywood blockbuster
Belcher: Jon Hamm
Mal: The Rock
Loz: Ben Affleck
Chicka: Morgan Freeman
Stick: Matthew McConaughey
Lazarus: Chris Hemsworth
Clyde: Tom Hardy
Sheens: Michael Keaton

If it's a Channel 7 INXS style POS
Belcher: Matt Nable
Mal: Jai Lag'aia
Loz: Samuel Johnson
Chicka: Probably Hugh Sheridan, knowing how white washed Aussie tv shows are
Stick: Matthew Le Nevez
Lazarus: Shane Jacobson
Clyde: Brendan Cowell
Sheens: Frankie J Holden
Throw in Deborah Mailman somewhere, because she's obligated to do so

Nickman's love of NSW
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I like both lists.
the bone
John Ferguson

Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread *Spoilers*

Post by the bone »

Potential spoilers below...

Just finished... loved it. A couple of things that got me though:
1. How did Peggy not see Captain America looking at her?
2. Did Nebula at least contemplate telling the Avengers that someone would have to die to retrieve the soul stone?

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

So I’ve been reading up about this Spider-Man stalemate. In a nutshell, Sony owns the rights to Spidey, and agreed to let Marvel use the character so he can be in this cinematic universe. To sweeten the deal, Sony gets 95% of the profits made by Spideys films.

Disney are trying to negotiate that up to 50%. Sony’s baulking, because they know they have Disney over a barrel. Spidey is going to be the possibly the next leader to replace Stark. They’re probably cocky after their Spiderverse and Venom movies made some money, so they’re probably thinking they can make movies now.

BUT. Disney are now threatening to just drop him altogether. What this means is if Sony wants to go it alone and make their own Spidey movies again, they can’t use any characters or make any references to the MCU. I fee this might have been part of the plan all along, hence why they built Stark as a critical person in Parker’s life, and even made up characters in the movies to be his mates.

It’s looking like another *shudders* reboot if they want to continue

Nickman's love of NSW
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Spiderman could end up rivalling Batman for the number of reboots. The pattern for these single main character superhero series looks like 3 movies max. I wouldn't be trying to milk the current Spiderman fanchise any further.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread *Spoilers*

Tom Holland has also signed on for 2 more Spider-Man movies, which would make it weirder, because it leaves Sony in a position where they make a Tom Holland Spidey movie, but cannot reference Stark, Avengers or anything else in the MCU.

At least with Marvel owning Fox, they do have Xmen and Fantastic 4 as fallback options.

Nickman's love of NSW
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

I cant imagine this will end up happening.
Sony and Disney will come to an arrangement. Sony are posturing because they had an insanely great deal and dont want to lose it, but they arent silly enough to think they can make money on a Spiderman Franchise without being able to continue to put him in the MCU

They'll come to an agreement, either Disney will stump up and just say **** it and buy the rights back at huge expense, or they and Sony will come to another agreement somewhere around the middle of 99% vs 50% to keep things as is.

Havent seen the new spiderman movie though.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

I haven’t seen it either. I fee I need a bit of a break after End Game. I’ll probably just stream that one somewhere.

The 3rd option knowing Disney is they just buy Sony. Sony’s too big for that to happen, I know.

I agree they’ll come to an agreement. Marvel have set Spidey up to be the face of this next phase, plus surely Sony remembers what they did to the last 2 iterations of Spiderman

Nickman's love of NSW