NRL Round 7 - Teams and Game Day

Talk about NRL, State of Origin, Tests, Four Nations, World Cup, everything rugby league

Moderator: GH Moderators

Makaveli
Bradley Clyde

Re: NRL Round 7 - Teams and Game Day

Post by Makaveli »

Why call no try if you allowed play to continue

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

gangrenous
Laurie Daley

NRL Round 7 - Teams and Game Day

Post by gangrenous »

Why still looking?

Whether it went back off his leg or the rabbits it didn’t matter as it wasn’t an intentional kick. Knock on either way under the new rules. Which tool is in the bunker?
Last edited by gangrenous on April 26, 2019, 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Hard to see what the bunker was looking for... obvious knock on from the Panthers, obvious no try.
The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

57th min TRY RABBITOHS to Cody Walker, they strike back, hard! Reynolds gets the conversion.

Rabbitohs 16-8
The Greenhouse score update service
yeh raiders
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by yeh raiders »

greeneyed wrote: April 26, 2019, 8:07 pm
yeh raiders wrote: April 26, 2019, 7:48 pm
greeneyed wrote: April 26, 2019, 7:44 pm The Bulldogs should have been penalised for a double movement there. Not sure why they weren't.
Refs too busy looking for backwards passes to call forward...
Yet there are dozens of forward passes being let go every week!
I’m fine with arguably marginal forward passes being let go, on regulation 1-out hittups, leading to minimal advantage for the attacking team - if it means that they’re not pulling up dozens of passes that are clearly fine.

Seeing far too many backwards passes being called forward, it’s just embarrassing.

NRL = from one extreme to another.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

yeh raiders wrote: April 26, 2019, 9:27 pm
greeneyed wrote: April 26, 2019, 8:07 pm
yeh raiders wrote: April 26, 2019, 7:48 pm
greeneyed wrote: April 26, 2019, 7:44 pm The Bulldogs should have been penalised for a double movement there. Not sure why they weren't.
Refs too busy looking for backwards passes to call forward...
Yet there are dozens of forward passes being let go every week!
I’m fine with arguably marginal forward passes being let go, on regulation 1-out hittups, leading to minimal advantage for the attacking team - if it means that they’re not pulling up dozens of passes that are clearly fine.

Seeing far too many backwards passes being called forward, it’s just embarrassing.

NRL = from one extreme to another.
The number of those, compared to the forward passes being let go, is infinitesimal.
Makaveli
Bradley Clyde

Post by Makaveli »

Is it possible for this ref to point to the spot..

The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

62nd min TRY PANTHERS to Dallin Watene Zelezniak. The grounding seemed dubious live, but not a problem. It is off a James Maloney kick to the in goal. Cleary misses the conversion.

Rabbitohs 16
Panthers 12
Makaveli
Bradley Clyde

Post by Makaveli »

Oh look Sam took a dive better blow a penalty

gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

That looked an 8 point try to me
The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

73rd min TRY RABBITOHS to Dane Gagai. Walker sets it up with the break, throws the pass back inside for the try scorer. There is a dust up afterwards, as the Panthers slide in with the knees. No extra penalty. Converted Reynolds.

Rabbitohs 22-12
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Blimey, we might have to play Sezer against the Panthers or Kikau might kill Williams
The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

76th min TRY PANTHERS to Kikau, they score off a short kick off and he barnstorms his way over the line. Converted Cleary. It's down to the wire!

Rabbitohs 22-18
Makaveli
Bradley Clyde

Post by Makaveli »

What's with Mansour this year he's been trash

The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

Rabbitohs win! What a game!

FULL TIME

South Sydney Rabbitohs 22 defeated Penrith Panthers 18

Reynolds, Walker drive Rabbitohs to win over Panthers

Despite a notable improvement, the Panthers couldn't make enough inroads into a resilient Rabbitohs defence, going down 22-18 at Panthers Stadium despite a late surge.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/04/26/rey ... -panthers/

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

That puts the onus, even more, on the Raiders to win on Sunday.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

gangrenous wrote:That looked an 8 point try to me
Sounded like the bunker said it wasn't because Katoa had his hands on the ground or something? Slater got away with worse for a decade.
Cody Walker is playing some great football atm.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Makaveli wrote:What's with Mansour this year he's been trash

He has been trash but his first half tonight was better then came up with 2 critical errors in the second half. He is also getting dominated in the ruck too much.

gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

gergreg wrote:
Sounded like the bunker said it wasn't because Katoa had his hands on the ground or something? Slater got away with worse for a decade.

Yeah, I wasn’t that impressed with the reasoning. Didn’t seem to be trying to halt or avoid, more steadying his clear run into the ribs!
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Panthers lose again. They've gone downhill fast since they sacked Griffin
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

gangrenous wrote:
gergreg wrote:

Yeah, I wasn’t that impressed with the reasoning. Didn’t seem to be trying to halt or avoid, more steadying his clear run into the ribs!
I’m not sure about an 8 point try, but definitely worthy of the lowest points charge.

The game needs to Stamp out some of these little grubby acts that have been occurring lately.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

If we can beat Manly and Knights can beat Parra it would open up a two game gap to the top 4 pretty early in the season...
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

gergreg wrote: April 25, 2019, 10:53 pm A lot of people were suggesting they should be thrown out of the competition the breaches were that bad.

Owned by News Ltd so don't know how you fine them out of existence
Haha **** WOT?
Good for those god damn morons. Find me some precedent for a professional sporting league at the highest level just being like "alright, sorry, your out, finished, finto, we erase you completely"

Never happened. Gallop wasnt **** Thanos with the gauntlet. Christ. Anyone who thought that should, or worse, would happen is beyond saving.

Jesus wept.

Edit: This is also the dumbest **** that drives me most crazy... we see a call like this for the Storm and immediately people reach for tin foil hats... this is ruck infringement, where hands are on the ball, not on the ball, maybe he didnt play it correctly, but was there crowding... they got it wrong. No doubt... but this is a call that gets called wrong ALLLLLL THE TIME. Like 3-4 times A GAME. Because it's so god damn contentious and the officials dont get a bunch of replays to figure it out. They call what they see and they're human.

This isnt some sort of pro Storm agenda. They arent making that call because the NRL needs a team in Melbourne. Lord have mercy. We just had Easter, give Jesus another crack at it, knowing this is what's up and he might just go quietly into the night. And i wouldnt blame him.
Last edited by Botman on April 26, 2019, 10:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

I said to a mate earlier, the Cowboys need Val Holmes to wash out of the NFL asap. They are just dreadful and need a spark from the fullback spot in a hurry.

That Dogs-Cowboys game was absolute **** dross.
And the Panthers stink too, jesus.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

PigRickman wrote:
gergreg wrote: April 25, 2019, 10:53 pm A lot of people were suggesting they should be thrown out of the competition the breaches were that bad.

Owned by News Ltd so don't know how you fine them out of existence
Haha **** WOT?
Good for those god damn morons. Find me some precedent for a professional sporting league at the highest level just being like "alright, sorry, your out, finished, finto, we erase you completely"

Never happened. Gallop wasnt **** Thanos with the gauntlet. Christ. Anyone who thought that should, or worse, would happen is beyond saving.

Jesus wept.
Not quite thrown out but several Italian soccer teams were relegated to the second and I think third tier for cheating.

How many rules have been changed or introduced to combat deliberately offensive play/tactics from one side. Grapples, chicken wings, crushers, calf slices, kicking players in the face, sliding in studs up. Surely I've missed some? This is part of what this team has brought to the game. Do you like all these tactics in the game?

Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

haha yeah we dont have relegation, mate.
You "relegate" a team in the NRL, welcome to the Bears or Newtown. C'Mon now. Who's erased a team because of salary/transfer issues?

You say that stuff about the wrestle as if it wasnt coming anyways. Half that stuff you mention is just one dude, Slater did slide with studs up, he did calf slide and did kick dudes in the face. He's the only one and all that **** out of the game now already haha.
The storm, via outstanding coaching and, frankly other worldly talent, jumped the line but this wrestle thing was coming.

Do i like it? Given me a scenario, if no wrestle is not allowed, and we just say held one, give nothing to the defence and say that's that, do i think that's a good game of footy? **** no, that's Golden Point, which is just straight up one out boring, garbage football

And by the way anyone whose played football at even the lowest levels understands the wrestle has always been there, it's just not been prioritised. I got told from like 7 years old, the goal is to get the ball carrier on his back... you hit in the mid, drive and then slide down if you have to... it's wrestling. It's always been this.

Bellemy figured out that it's actually important. And now the game evolves.

It's super simple. They're **** great, have been **** great for too long and you dont like it. Stiff ****.
We were **** great once too, and we did so wiith at least SOME assistance of some salary cap cheating too.

I dont live in a glass house and im stoneless.
You've made it clear, you think the only reason Melbourne got the call was because the NRL needs the Storm to be relevant... so now lets get to that, what can offer to justify match fixing claims on what is the most consistently inconsistent call in the game?

And why is Greenberg sending down edicts from the head office to make sure the storm win this game?
Honestly. What nonsense.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Nah the problem I have is seeing my team penalised for holding a Melbourne player down for 1 second longer than the referee likes but because the Melbourne team twists, turns and grapples a player slowly to the ground it's ok. The time from contact and the attacking players momentum being stopped to him playing the ball may be no different. Sure all teams try and slow down the ruck and as you say it's been happening almost forever but why the difference? Why is it a penalty to just hold a player down on the ground for 3 seconds but if, like I say above you get a player on his knees and hold his torso just off the ground and twist him round for 3 seconds - why is that ok? It's the same outcome.
It's pretty obvious that Bellamy is a crafty coach but finding loopholes or grey areas in the rulebook to exploit must get pretty tedious when the NRL has to continually
refine the rulebook to rein him in and they do this purely because the majority of fans don't like or agree with the direction Bellamy is taking the game.
The NRL have changed the way they officiate the game - regularly - this offseason to increase the time the ball is in play and to promote more open and attacking/attractive football. The wrestle in the ruck is the biggest inhibitor to open and attacking football.
And just going back a little I never actually said I wanted the Storm thrown out of the comp, just to be clear.

julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

Bit odd that people are trashing Penrith after that game last night. Plenty of other teams in the comp would’ve been done by 30+ against that Souths side imo.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Souths haven't been at their best for a few weeks now but they were pretty good last night. I think the Panthers and Knights hate is a result of expectations. I thought Liam Knight had his best game for the club and Cody is making a great claim for the NSW 6 jersey.

yeh raiders
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by yeh raiders »

gergreg wrote: April 27, 2019, 8:04 am Nah the problem I have is seeing my team penalised for holding a Melbourne player down for 1 second longer than the referee likes but because the Melbourne team twists, turns and grapples a player slowly to the ground it's ok. The time from contact and the attacking players momentum being stopped to him playing the ball may be no different. Sure all teams try and slow down the ruck and as you say it's been happening almost forever but why the difference? Why is it a penalty to just hold a player down on the ground for 3 seconds but if, like I say above you get a player on his knees and hold his torso just off the ground and twist him round for 3 seconds - why is that ok? It's the same outcome.
It's pretty obvious that Bellamy is a crafty coach but finding loopholes or grey areas in the rulebook to exploit must get pretty tedious when the NRL has to continually
refine the rulebook to rein him in and they do this purely because the majority of fans don't like or agree with the direction Bellamy is taking the game.
The NRL have changed the way they officiate the game - regularly - this offseason to increase the time the ball is in play and to promote more open and attacking/attractive football. The wrestle in the ruck is the biggest inhibitor to open and attacking football.
And just going back a little I never actually said I wanted the Storm thrown out of the comp, just to be clear.

This 100%.

You literally only need to watch 1 game of the Melbourne Storm to see how ridiculous it is.

I don’t care how “genius” or “smart” it may be, it’s an unfair advantage, it’s an inhibitor on entertainment and should’ve been stamped out years ago. It shouldn’t have survived past the crusher, grapple and prowler days.

It’s extremely short sighted for anyone who calls themself a rugby league fan to applaud that kind of football.

And then to be dished up the absolute trash decision we saw on Thursday night for a penalty in front of the posts, after the Warriors player literally made about 2 seconds contact in a tackle with a sloppy Storm forward, who walked through the mark and blew the play of the ball.... well that just takes the cake.
Makaveli
Bradley Clyde

Post by Makaveli »

Reynolds limps off after 7 minutes and up the tunnel after dropping the kick off, Tigers might be a chance now

gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Tigers 'bounce back' looking unlikely

gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

gergreg wrote:Tigers 'bounce back' looking unlikely

Apologies for the kiss of death Titans.

dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Dan Ginnane hey.

Worse than Matt Nable, better than Benton Speed.aka Mr Rush

Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
roneel78
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Campese

Post by roneel78 »

That Corey Thompson winger for the Tigers punches above his weight every game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk