NFL Thread

From cricket to motor sports to wrestling and anything in between

Moderator: GH Moderators

Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Re: NFL Thread

Post by Northern Raider »

Arizona taking their full clock time. Looking for a trade?
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

After all that they still took Murray.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

..and the first shock of the NFL draft goes to the Raiders taking Clelin Ferrell at no5. Wow, that's way earlier than I expected. This was one of the picks I expected the Dolphins to take after trading down.
the bone
John Ferguson

Post by the bone »

Northern Raider wrote: April 26, 2019, 10:22 am Arizona taking their full clock time. Looking for a trade?
For commercial reasons, they will always wait the 10 minutes for that first pick.

First surprise of the draft - Clelin Ferrell at #4 to the Raiders
the bone
John Ferguson

Post by the bone »

the bone wrote: April 23, 2019, 10:53 am Giants
1) What I think they will do
I think Gettleman goes with Haskins at 6. Only a one year starter, but he put up some impressive numbers in that one season. He'll sit behind Eli for at least a year, learn the play book, and take over when Eli retires. At 17 I think they take the best O-lineman available... someone like a Cody Ford or Dalton Risner.

2) What you would like them to do
I'm happy for them to take Haskins at 6, and then BPA at 17. If Haskins doesn't pan out, I wouldn't mind them trading for Rosen at the right price. If they don't like Rosen or any of the QBs in this draft, I'd like to see them take Jeffery Simmons at 17. Big risk coming off an ACL injury but otherwise a top 10 talent that we can put on ice for a year. Don't need immediate contributors if we're looking to draft a QB in 2020.

3) What you don't want them to do
I really don't want them to take Daniel Jones at 6. #17 maybe, if Haskins and Lock are off the board. I also don't want them to take the bait and trade up to get their QB... I don't think there's a need to... I'll be very surprised if a team trades in front of them to get Haskins.
Dammit :(
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

the bone wrote: April 26, 2019, 11:04 am
the bone wrote: April 23, 2019, 10:53 am Giants
I think Gettleman goes with Haskins at 6. Only a one year starter, but he put up some impressive numbers in that one season. He'll sit behind Eli for at least a year, learn the play book, and take over when Eli retires. At 17 I think they take the best O-lineman available... someone like a Cody Ford or Dalton Risner.

I'm happy for them to take Haskins at 6, and then BPA at 17. If Haskins doesn't pan out, I wouldn't mind them trading for Rosen at the right price. If they don't like Rosen or any of the QBs in this draft, I'd like to see them take Jeffery Simmons at 17. Big risk coming off an ACL injury but otherwise a top 10 talent that we can put on ice for a year. Don't need immediate contributors if we're looking to draft a QB in 2020.

I really don't want them to take Daniel Jones at 6. #17 maybe, if Haskins and Lock are off the board. I also don't want them to take the bait and trade up to get their QB... I don't think there's a need to... I'll be very surprised if a team trades in front of them to get Haskins.
Dammit :(
:lol: Allen and Oliver still on the board. If they took one of those then Jones was sure to be on the board at 17. Those guys won't
the bone
John Ferguson

Post by the bone »

first trade of the night... Steelers trade up with the Broncos to get Devin Bush
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Steelers trade up with Broncos to no10 and take Devin Bush. Might be a good outcome for both teams.
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

PigRickman wrote: April 26, 2019, 9:59 am Oooof, this tyreek hill **** is bad.
yeah, makes for bad reading
the bone
John Ferguson

Post by the bone »

thoughts on the pick NR?
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Wilkins to the Phins. Stoked with that pick.
the bone
John Ferguson

Post by the bone »

I picked Lindstrom to the Falcons... albeit in the second round
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

the bone wrote: April 26, 2019, 11:47 am thoughts on the pick NR?
I thought with Haskins on the board they could have got a trade. As that didn't happen I had Wilkins, Taylor and Sweat as my preferences in that order. I didn't expect the other 2 DTs ( Williams and Oliver) to be on the board at 13 and he was next best in a strong class. Not counting Simmons of course. Interesting the top 3 DTs went to AFC East.
the bone
John Ferguson

Post by the bone »

Redskins have their pick of Haskins/Lock...
Jawaan Taylor still on the board for the Panthers
Unless the Giants thought Washington would take Jones, their decision to pick him at #6 looks terrible considering he'd likely still be on the board at 17
the bone
John Ferguson

Post by the bone »

Northern Raider wrote: April 26, 2019, 11:55 am
I thought with Haskins on the board they could have got a trade. As that didn't happen I had Wilkins, Taylor and Sweat as my preferences in that order. I didn't expect the other 2 DTs ( Williams and Oliver) to be on the board at 13 and he was next best in a strong class. Not counting Simmons of course. Interesting the top 3 DTs went to AFC East.
Wilkins apparently is a high character dude as well. Huh, that's interesting about the AFC east picking the first 3 DTs... I hadn't picked that up.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

the bone wrote: April 26, 2019, 11:52 am I picked Lindstrom to the Falcons... albeit in the second round
Not many had him as a day 1 pick. On face value a bit of a reach but realistically he may not have been available to the Falcons then. He's obviously their guy and they went for him.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

the bone wrote: April 26, 2019, 11:58 am
Northern Raider wrote: April 26, 2019, 11:55 am
Wilkins apparently is a high character dude as well. Huh, that's interesting about the AFC east picking the first 3 DTs... I hadn't picked that up.
They will all have to take Guards in the 2nd round now. :lol:
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

the bone wrote: April 26, 2019, 11:56 am Redskins have their pick of Haskins/Lock...
Unless the Giants thought Washington would take Jones, their decision to pick him at #6 looks terrible considering he'd likely still be on the board at 17
Taylor and Dillard both make sense for them. Could also go for Burns
the bone
John Ferguson

Post by the bone »

the bone wrote: April 23, 2019, 10:33 am Panthers
I think the Panthers solidify the O-line and give Newton extra protection by drafting a tackle... Jawaan Taylor will likely be gone, but Jonah Williams or Andre Dillard could be options.

I want them to take a DE, we need to improve our pass rush desperately. So I'm hoping Montez Sweat or Brian Burns fall to us. I'd be OK with Clelin Ferrell too

Trade up and lose picks. We have a lot of holes to fill on this roster, in particular at O-line, DE, Safety, and LB.
Very happy with Burns
the bone
John Ferguson

Post by the bone »

Northern Raider wrote: April 26, 2019, 12:03 pm
the bone wrote: April 26, 2019, 11:56 am Redskins have their pick of Haskins/Lock...
Taylor and Dillard both make sense for them. Could also go for Burns
Good call. It was a matter of whether they wanted Oline or DE... Burns was the best DE left on the board
the bone
John Ferguson

Post by the bone »

Giants I think go Dillard or Taylor now
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

the bone wrote: April 26, 2019, 12:04 pm
the bone wrote: April 23, 2019, 10:33 am Panthers
I think the Panthers solidify the O-line and give Newton extra protection by drafting a tackle... Jawaan Taylor will likely be gone, but Jonah Williams or Andre Dillard could be options.

I want them to take a DE, we need to improve our pass rush desperately. So I'm hoping Montez Sweat or Brian Burns fall to us. I'd be OK with Clelin Ferrell too

Trade up and lose picks. We have a lot of holes to fill on this roster, in particular at O-line, DE, Safety, and LB.
Very happy with Burns
Yep, good pick. Needed somebody who can pressure the QB on the outside.
the bone
John Ferguson

Post by the bone »

question is... how far does Lock fall now? No QB needy teams for a while...
the bone
John Ferguson

Post by the bone »

Dexter Lawrence to the Giants.. don't mind the pick. A bit surprised as I thought they'd go Oline.

3 Clemson defensive lineman in the top 17 picks
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

the bone wrote: April 26, 2019, 12:09 pm question is... how far does Lock fall now? No QB needy teams for a while...
Late 1st round. Potential long term solution for Chargers, Packers, Patriots. Can sit for 2 yeas behind an elite QB. Packers in particular will get deja vu from he Aaron Rodgers draft.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Bradbury to Vikings. Thats a great pick. He one of the best O-linemen in the draft. Its only that Centres aren't sexy picks or he could have been top 10.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Northern Raider wrote: April 26, 2019, 12:16 pm
the bone wrote: April 26, 2019, 12:09 pm question is... how far does Lock fall now? No QB needy teams for a while...
Late 1st round. Potential long term solution for Chargers, Packers, Patriots. Can sit for 2 yeas behind an elite QB. Packers in particular will get deja vu from he Aaron Rodgers draft.
Edit: Broncos trade up to get him?
the bone
John Ferguson

Post by the bone »

Yep, makes sense. At least one team will want the 5th year option on him
the bone
John Ferguson

Post by the bone »

Northern Raider wrote: April 26, 2019, 12:18 pm
Elway will be pretty happy with himself if he can pull that off
the bone
John Ferguson

Post by the bone »

Northern Raider wrote: April 26, 2019, 12:17 pm Bradbury to Vikings. Thats a great pick. He one of the best O-linemen in the draft. Its only that Centres aren't sexy picks or he could have been top 10.
My GF's brother goes to NC State so he's got me watching a few of the Wolfpack games... good pick indeed.
the bone
John Ferguson

Post by the bone »

the bone wrote: April 26, 2019, 12:19 pm
Oh wait, I forgot - the Broncos have pick #20 following their trade with Steelers. So Lock could well go then
the bone
John Ferguson

Post by the bone »

Titans take Jeffrey Simmons! Vrabel will love him
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

the bone wrote: April 26, 2019, 12:22 pm
the bone wrote: April 26, 2019, 12:19 pm
Oh wait, I forgot - the Broncos have pick #20 following their trade with Steelers. So Lock could well go then
Oops yeah. Make sense and great move by Broncs if pans out like that.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Broncs gone for Noah Fant. Obviously Lock isn't high on their list. Fant a nice pick at 20.
the bone
John Ferguson

Post by the bone »

Hmm Broncos pick Noah Fant. I'm guessing Lock is glad he didn't accept the green room invite...