2019 Mounties

All the news on the Canberra Raiders lower grades, affiliate clubs and the Canberra Raiders Cup

Moderator: GH Moderators

The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Re: 2019 Mounties

Post by The Greenhouse »

65th min TRY MOUNTIES to Andre Niko out wide and they go to the lead! Remember... this is a 12 man Mounties side! He converts his own try from the sideline.

Mounties 28-22
Last edited by The Greenhouse on April 21, 2019, 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Greenhouse score update service
Ginga
Clinton Schifcofske

Post by Ginga »

The Greenhouse wrote:65th min TRY MOUNTIES to Andre Niko out wide and they go to the lead! Remember... this is a 12 man Mounties side!

Mounties 26-22
It reads as though Niko is having quite the game

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

cat
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse

Post by cat »

Badger looks very old and slow today

Vaccinated
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

cat wrote:Badger looks very old and slow today

He's a crock. Always has been. Reminds me of a raccoon.

Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
cat
Laurie Daley

Post by cat »

dubby wrote:

How is he higher then checin and ziggy?

Vaccinated
cat
Laurie Daley

Post by cat »

cat wrote:
dubby wrote:

How is he higher then checin and ziggy?

And his wife only gets the credit because she is married to him, seiman is a lot better ref

Vaccinated
The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

FULL TIME

Mounties 28
New Zealand Warriors 22

Remarkable win for Mounties playing 12 men for 60 minutes after Corey Horsburgh was sent off.
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

Just tuning in, what did Horsbrugh get sent off for ?
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Exciting just reading the updates!

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
IBG
Gary Belcher
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by IBG »

Thanks GE. How did Sezer play?
cat
Laurie Daley

Post by cat »

Sid wrote:Just tuning in, what did Horsbrugh get sent off for ?
Raiders website is saying " shoulder charge"

Vaccinated
The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

MATCH REPORT: Mounties overcome send off to defeat Warriors

The Mounties have come from behind to defeat the Warriors 28-22 at GIO Stadium on Sunday afternoon despite playing with a man short for majority of the game.

A dominant second half performance was enough for the Mounties to score 24 unanswered points and overcome Corey Horsburgh’s sending off to win their fifth consecutive game of the season.

Mounties 28 (Tries: 2 Niko, Hunt, Porter, Boland. Goals: Niko 4/5) def. Warriors 22 (Tries: Tu, Sao, Tuimavave-Gerrard, Milne. Goals: Pewhairangi 3/4)

Read more: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/04 ... -warriors/
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

IBG wrote: April 21, 2019, 3:45 pm Thanks GE. How did Sezer play?
He wasn't knocking the door down for first grade. I suspect he's still recovering from injury. He had a try disallowed. But he played his part in the impressive win, 12 men over 13 is never easy - with your forwards one short.
Neeeegz
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Big red

Post by Neeeegz »

Was it a shoulder charge for the horse ? And how did guler go today ?

Sent from my SM-J530Y using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

The Raiders website reports it as a shoulder charge. I thought it was a great tackle, a great hit. I'd love to see a replay.
Ruben Daley
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Kenny Nagas

Post by Ruben Daley »

greeneyed wrote: April 21, 2019, 9:16 pm The Raiders website reports it as a shoulder charge. I thought it was a great tackle, a great hit. I'd love to see a replay.
Interesting. Why was it a send-off then, GE? Was the other guy injured? It’s a massive call to send off a guy in the first half.

Hopefully, he won’t be suspended for it (for too long) then.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

No, the opposition player wasn't injured. I don't understand it... but a replay might prove me wrong.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

I'd like to see him back in the NRL side but I don't think Ricky will be happy with him getting sent off. I got the impression he was sent back to NSW cup to work on controlling his aggression so....

I haven't seen the incident at all but getting sent off for a shoulder charge is a massive call from the referee. It has to have connected with the players head otherwise it's a poor decision.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
Makaveli
Bradley Clyde

Post by Makaveli »

Did Oldfield get any minutes?
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Makaveli wrote:Did Oldfield get any minutes?
Yes. 39.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
nemesis
Brett Mullins

Post by nemesis »

still know highlights on the nrl website, keen to see them and look at this send off. pretty poor from the site to not have them up already
raider 4 life
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

It'll be on NSWRL.com.au... guess it is Easter Monday... but you'd think they'd have been put up Sunday regardless.
Ronny P
Peter Jackson

Post by Ronny P »

Emre Guler has been very good over the last few weeks. His stats have been great. Will be interesting if he stays

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

Reuben Rennie has being producing some good statlines as well. I guess a few guys like him may be fighting for that June 30 spot unless we find someone worth signing.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

2019 NSW Cup Round 7: Mounties V Blacktown Sea Eagles

Mounties V Blacktown Sea Eagles
Brookvale Oval
Sunday, 28 April 11:45am

Mounties

1. Bailey Simonsson
2. Tony Satini
3. Reubenn Rennie
4. Sebastian Kris
5. Andre Niko
6. Ata Hingano
7. Aidan Sezer
8. Royce Hunt
9. Tom Starling
10. Corey Horsburgh
11. Reuben Porter
12. Jarrett Boland
13. Luke Bateman

15. Daniel Keir
16. Steven Tavita
18. Michael Oldfield
19. Vincent Rennie

Blacktown Sea Eagles

1. Jade Anderson
2. Abbas Miski
3. Dane Aukafolau
4. Sam Smith
5. Alfred Smalley
6. Lachlan Croker
7. Trent Hodkinson
8. Lloyd Perret
9. Zack Dokar-Clay
10. Taniela Paseka
11. Kelepi Tanginoa
12. Haumole Olakauátu
13. Sean Keppie

14. Tyran Ott
15. Andy Saunders
16. Kurt Deluis
17. Fred Junior Mauala

Preview

Last week: The Canberra Raiders NSW Cup affiliate Mounties have maintained their place at the top of the competition ladder, after an extraordinary, 28-22 victory over the New Zealand Warriors in Round 6 at Canberra Stadium. Mounties were forced to play for 60 minutes with 12 men, after forward Corey Horsburgh was sent from the field at the 20 minute mark for an alleged shoulder charge. Most observers thought Horsburgh had produced a terrific tackle, but referee Gavin Badger disagreed, giving the red head his marching orders.

It looked like Mounties would be the first to score, when half Aidan Sezer - returning from injury through NSW Cup - crossed the line. However, the try was disallowed due to an obstruction call. The Warriors almost immediately scored themselves, through winger Setu Tu in the corner - off the back of the obstruction penalty, and one for back chat. The Warriors were in again two minutes later, with hooker Karl Lawton making a big break up field, setting up the four pointer for second rower Luigi Sai.

Shortly after Horsburgh was sent off, Mounties struck back, with winger Andre Niko crossing in the corner. He could not convert his own try, but the Warriors' lead was reduced to 10-4. It looked like things could get ugly for Mounties when the Warriors scored on either side of the break - with tries to Adam Tuimavave-Gerrard and former Mountie Taane Milne delivering the visitors a 22-4 advantage.

However, Mounties dominated the second half. Tries to forwards Royce Hunt, Reuben Porter and Jarrett Boland saw Mounties draw level with the Warriors, 22-22 by the 60th minute. Five minutes later, Niko scored his second try of the afternoon, his conversion delivering the gutsy 28-22 win.

Mounties ended the game with almost a 60 per cent share of possession, completing at 82 per cent (the Warriors just 63 per cent). Mounties dominated the running metres (a margin of 450 metres), offloads (10-5), line breaks (7-4) and tackle breaks (45-28). Mounties forced five line drop outs on the Warriors, with Aidan Sezer delivering three. The Warriors had to make 100 more tackles than Mounties, missing 45 (Mounties 28). The Warriors also conceded 10 penalties (Mounties 4) and made 11 errors (Mounties 7).

Andre Niko was probably man of the match (two tries, 16 points, 12 runs for 119 metres, two line breaks, six tackle breaks, one offload). Reubenn Rennie (20 runs for 206 metres, 74 post contact metres, one line break assist, one try assist, five tackle breaks, five dummy half runs, 52 dummy half metres) also performed strongly in the backs. Reuben Porter (one try, 11 runs for 110 metres, 39 post contact metres, one line break, four tackle breaks, 35 tackles) and Royce Hunt (one try, 13 runs for 119 metres, 44 post contact metres, one line break, six tackle breaks, two offloads, 13 tackles) were strongest in the forwards. Luke Bateman and Jack Murchie also played well, while Emre Guler was particularly good off the bench.

Porter (35), Tom Starling (33) and Emre Guler (26) topped the tackle count for Mounties. Rennie (206), Tony Satini (178) and Guler (146) topped the metres gained.

This week: Mounties now face the 11th placed Blacktown Sea Eagles at Brookvale Oval. Blacktown suffered a 44-6 loss to the St George Illawarra Dragons in Round 6. The Sea Eagles have won one, drawn one and lost four matches this season. So far, they have only beaten the Rabbitohs, 32-12 in Round 4 - and drew 18-18 with the New Zealand Warriors in Round 3. Mounties have yet to taste defeat, posting five good wins - and drawing 28-28 with the Dragons in Round 1.

Mounties are the top attacking team in the competition, and second best defensive team (just behind the North Sydney Bears). They have averaged 35 points per match (Sea Eagles 14) and conceded an average 17 points per match (Sea Eagles 24).

Mounties team changes: Jack Murchie and Emre Guler have been promoted to the Raiders top 17, so Jarrett Boland comes into the starting team for Murchie in the second row. Luke Bateman has been named for Mounties at lock, but the Raiders have announced he's out until Round 10-12 with a knee injury, so expect further changes. Half Aidan Sezer has again been named for Mounties after returning from injury last week in NSW Cup. Corey Horsburgh (sent off, Round 6) has also been included at starting prop. Daniel Keir and Vincent Rennie have been added to the bench.

Form: Mounties: WWWWW
Sea Eagles: LDWLL

Head to head: Mounties have won all four games played against the Sea Eagles, since they have played under the Blacktown banner. Mounties won both encounters in 2018 (26-6 at Brookvale in Round 4 and 22-14 at Aubrey Keech in Round 19).

Our tip: Even though they are not on home territory, on form, Mounties should be too strong for Blacktown.

Round 6 NSW Cup Mounties highlights: To come

Stats Amazing: Round 6 NSW Cup Mounties V New Zealand Warriors: https://www.nswrl.com.au/siteassets/com ... rriors.pdf

Plus follow us on Facebook: The Greenhouse Forum and Twitter: @TheGHRaiders
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

So Horsburgh sent off but not even charged? That must be a first.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

That's a fairly handy reserve grade halves pairing for both teams. Could be a good game.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Looks like the NSWRL won't be showing us the vision of Corey Horsburgh's tackle (no highlights on their website). Looks like no charge, as he's named for this week.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

I'd still love to see us pinch Paseka

Sent from my SM-G973F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
Dusty
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Past:Daley
Present: Hodgson

Post by Dusty »

Surely Oldfield starts

2020: 1. Nicol-Klokstad 2. Cotric 3. Croker (c) 4 Leilua 5. Scott 6. Wighton 7. G. Williams 8. Papalii 9. Hodgson (c) 10. Sutton 11. J. Bateman 12. Whitehead 13. Tapine ----
14. Simmonson 15. Soliola 16. Guler 17. Horsburgh
Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

edwahu wrote: April 23, 2019, 5:00 pm So Horsburgh sent off but not even charged? That must be a first.
Which just showed Badger stuffed up. The fact that Horsborough ran at the Warriors bloke like he was going to put him into next week, didn’t matter if he didn’t get him in the head. As I said at the time, you can’t send someone off for angry eyes.

Having said that, Corey is very lucky because the way he ran at him with a swinging arm, if he had connected high, he wouldn’t be playing for a couple of months.
Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

Dusty wrote: April 24, 2019, 9:07 am Surely Oldfield starts

Last week Simmonsen got pulled at half time to be 18th man for first grade and Oldfield went to full back. Likely to be the same tomorrow.
Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

Good to see Luke Bateman picked. The way he came off last week, I feared it could be a very serious knee injury.

So much so that with him not being contracted for next year that it could have been the end.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Bay53 wrote: April 27, 2019, 6:54 am Good to see Luke Bateman picked. The way he came off last week, I feared it could be a very serious knee injury.

So much so that with him not being contracted for next year that it could have been the end.
He out. See preview above and Injury report.
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

T_R wrote: April 23, 2019, 5:30 pm That's a fairly handy reserve grade halves pairing for both teams. Could be a good game.
I’d suggest it’s likely to be a big big Mounties win.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.