Off topic

The social club of The Greenhouse

Moderator: GH Moderators

Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Re: Off topic

Post by Sid »

So far nobody knows how Notre Dame cathedral caught fire, but Quasimodo has a hunch..
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Sid wrote:So far nobody knows how Notre Dame cathedral caught fire, but Quasimodo has a hunch..
Echoing GE on this one. "That's awful".

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Mrs PJ and I were silly enough to do our groceries last night..and I regret that decision !!!

Total mayhem..

The Woolies police were actually telling shoppers how to line up.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

-PJ- wrote:Mrs PJ and I were silly enough to do our groceries last night..and I regret that decision !!!

Total mayhem..

Panic buying. Shops are closed for a day, and it's like the early hours of the zombie apocalypse.

I went to Bunnings. Didn't actually need anything, but was worried I might.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

T_R wrote: April 19, 2019, 7:16 am
-PJ- wrote:Mrs PJ and I were silly enough to do our groceries last night..and I regret that decision !!!

Total mayhem..

Panic buying. Shops are closed for a day, and it's like the early hours of the zombie apocalypse.

I wentbto Bunnings. Didn't actually need anything, but was worried I might.
Then, after loading the car I ducked up to the bottlo, there were 100s upon 100s of people buying their grog(including me) for the long weekend..

Izzy will not be happy..
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Shops open in Canberra.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

-PJ- wrote:
T_R wrote: April 19, 2019, 7:16 am

Total mayhem..

I wentbto Bunnings. Didn't actually need anything, but was worried I might.
Then, after loading the car I ducked up to the bottlo, there were 100s upon 100s of people buying their grog(including me) for the long weekend..

Izzy will not be happy..
Were they worshipping idols?

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

T_R wrote:

Total mayhem..

Isn't it crazy! It's one day without a chance to buy something, and the hordes amass

Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

In NY at the first mention of a snowstorm it was bedlam at the shops. People almost fist fighting over the last can of spam.

-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

If Izzy could see me now he would not be impressed...

I'm going to hell !!!!
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

I'm having fish for dinner...
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

If you were fair dinkum about shoving it in Izzy's face you'd be having a rare steak for dinner.

-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

I've looked at Izzys list of sins, drunk I can do.

The rest may upset Mrs PJ.

It's tough..my neighbour, 40ish has decided washing her car wearing a bikini is the go...

Get over here..I have beer !!!
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

Sorry if this isn’t welcomed here. Admins delete if so. But I’d like to buy a kids hulk jersey if anyone wants to sell one.

If anyone has one that’s been grown out of and would like to sell I’d love it for my little Tacker to get her in lime green, she loves super heroes. I realize they’re sought after these days as I’m struggling to find one but if anyone’s in this boat hit me up.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Julian... there is also a buy, swap and sell thread on The GH: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24702

Plus if you're a member of The GH Facebook Group, you're welcome to advertise there: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1987987504759505/
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

Cheers mate I’ll look it up.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Kirra, my go to Easter place. easy 8hr drive

Sent from my SM-G973F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Life is short, and it's very precious. Sometimes it's taken for granted.

Rest in peace, my little mate. See you on the other side.

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

dubby wrote:Life is short, and it's very precious. Sometimes it's taken for granted.

Rest in peace, my little mate. See you on the other side.

:(

-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

You ok dub ?
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by reptar »

Hope you're okay dubby.
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Thanks boys.

Hanging in there.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

Thoughts with you Dubs

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Thanks Fui
This one came from nowhere.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Returning to work today and tomorrow then another 5 day rest.

Thurs- Anzac Day
Fri - Picnic Day ( it's a work thing, it's in our agreement, once a year, no picnic though :hmmm )
Sat - Weekend
Sun- Weekend
Mon - rdo

Return Tues..

Nice break...
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Off topic

Seeing James Acaster tomorrow night.

Can. Not. Wait! For those unaware

Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Port Arthur massacre was 23yrs ago today.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

-PJ- wrote:Port Arthur massacre was 23yrs ago today.
I was a 1st year apprentice
Edrick The Entertainer
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

bonehead wrote:
I was in 6th grade. I remember mum and dad being worried because my Aunty was in Tassie at the time, and they couldn’t get in touch with her.
She left Port Arthur the day before. It wouldn’t be much of an issue these days because we’d just call her mobile. Things like that where I can’t imagine how the world worked before mobiles.

Nickman's love of NSW
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

dubby wrote: April 19, 2019, 8:50 am
T_R wrote:

Total mayhem..

Isn't it crazy! It's one day without a chance to buy something, and the hordes amass

Haha Christmas Day and Good Friday I always panic and buy enough grog for a week!

I went camping Thursday and Good Friday night, I took two cartons of beer, two bottles of red and a bottle of Maker's Mark! In the end I only drank just over a carton and a bottle of red. Didn't even crack the Maker's. But you just want to be sure, as there's no going back on those two days.

It's a stupid rule too.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:
bonehead wrote:
I was in 6th grade. I remember mum and dad being worried because my Aunty was in Tassie at the time, and they couldn’t get in touch with her.
She left Port Arthur the day before. It wouldn’t be much of an issue these days because we’d just call her mobile. Things like that where I can’t imagine how the world worked before mobiles.
I was playing rugby in Japan.

Early days of the internet then, and very hard to get into on what was going on.

-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Martin Bryant sure has changed in 23yrs...
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Plenty of Raiders fans at Maitland markets this morning.

They are out there, just took a few wins to drag the old jersey out of storage..

Then we stopped at Woolies Glendale and spotted another bandwagoner in a Raiders hoody..
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Lake Macquarie police are searching for a man who robbed the Wangi Wangi IGA.

No disguise, wearing a fluro orange work shirt, caught on cctv at the supermarket...

What happened to all the smart criminals ?
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Hi Vis is the new camouflage
Edrick The Entertainer