Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Re: Israel Folau

Post by Northern Raider »

Manbush wrote: April 18, 2019, 4:29 pm
Northern Raider wrote: April 18, 2019, 12:35 pm
The Rickman wrote: April 18, 2019, 12:03 pm
Northern Raider wrote: April 18, 2019, 12:01 pm Just on the topic of the Folau tweet thats cuased the rucus. Why is it being reported that the problem is the reference to homosexuals? Does that mean the Drunks, Adulterers, Liars, Fornicators, Thieves, Atheists and Idolators are all fair game?
Haha that's why LP Smash's comment got me... he thinks most people agree with Izzy outside the mainstream media. I honestly don't think I know a SINGLE person that agrees with that, even dubby wouldn't agree with that stance as he loves bourbon!
Realistically though the Atheist won't be too concerned. If you don't believe in Hell then its pretty much an empty threat. :)
Because there are protected groups, race, gender, disability and sexuality, same reason you can say anything you like about a Bronco fan but not about different races.

As for atheists won’t be concerned true it’s a hollow threat but it’s the sentiment behind it. Pentecostals believe in a literal fire and brimstone hell they believe people deserve to be tortured forever which is beyond disgusting, even Hitler wouldn’t deserve that. I just can’t fathom how people could love and worship a being they believe would do such a thing.
Think you kinda missed the crux of these religions.
Last edited by Northern Raider on April 18, 2019, 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Green eyed Mick »

The Rickman wrote: April 18, 2019, 12:40 pm
Northern Raider wrote: April 18, 2019, 12:01 pm Just on the topic of the Folau tweet thats cuased the rucus. Why is it being reported that the problem is the reference to homosexuals? Does that mean the Drunks, Adulterers, Liars, Fornicators, Thieves, Atheists and Idolators are all fair game?
Haha that's why LP Smash's comment got me... he thinks most people agree with Izzy outside the mainstream media. I honestly don't think I know a SINGLE person that agrees with that, even dubby wouldn't agree with that stance as he loves bourbon!
Realistically though the Atheist won't be too concerned. If you don't believe in Hell then its pretty much an empty threat. :)
Unless hell is real, of course.

I'm going camping this weekend in a crocodile zone, but just because I don't believe in crocodiles doesn't mean I can't potentially get eaten.
There is credible evidence crocodiles exist so your analogy is flawed.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

Sterlk wrote:
LP Raider wrote: April 15, 2019, 6:48 pm He does give financially to his church.

So your asking someone to **** off and take his hateful **** with him.

Right.

You do understand that most people outside the media share his views.
Green are the electorates that voted to legalise SSM in the postal survey. Red is those against:

It appears you hold a minority view.
This is one of those “What colour is this dress?” Tests isn’t it?

The whole country is black to me
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Green eyed Mick wrote: April 18, 2019, 4:33 pm

I'm going camping this weekend in a crocodile zone, but just because I don't believe in crocodiles doesn't mean I can't potentially get eaten.
There is credible evidence crocodiles exist so your analogy is flawed.
Not enough evidence for Nickman apparently
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Post by Manbush »

Northern Raider wrote: April 18, 2019, 4:31 pm
Think you kinda missed the crux of Christianity.
Unfortunately know it all too well which is why I’m more an anti theist.
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Manbush wrote: April 18, 2019, 4:51 pm
Not sure you do. You have a tendency to focus on the negative aspects. You take the same approach to anything in life and you'll find unpleasantness.
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

Northern Raider wrote: April 18, 2019, 5:15 pm
Not sure you do. You have a tendency to focus on the negative aspects. You take the same approach to anything in life and you'll find unpleasantness.
I’ll happily admit there’s some positives like the sense of community it can build but I will say in my opinion overall it’s a negative.
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Manbush wrote: April 18, 2019, 5:29 pm
Northern Raider wrote: April 18, 2019, 5:15 pm
I’ll happily admit there’s some positives like the sense of community it can build but I will say in my opinion overall it’s a negative.
No argument there
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Northern Raider wrote:Just on the topic of the Folau tweet thats cuased the rucus. Why is it being reported that the problem is the reference to homosexuals? Does that mean the Drunks, Adulterers, Liars, Fornicators, Thieves, Atheists and Idolators are all fair game?
In a nutshell, the others are fair game because they’re a choice.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

That... that's not true.
Drinking isnt a choice, it's a lifestyle
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

PigRickman wrote: April 18, 2019, 6:54 pm That... that's not true.
Drinking isnt a choice, it's a lifestyle
...which in many circumstances leads to the others
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

gangrenous wrote: April 18, 2019, 6:52 pm
Northern Raider wrote:Just on the topic of the Folau tweet thats cuased the rucus. Why is it being reported that the problem is the reference to homosexuals? Does that mean the Drunks, Adulterers, Liars, Fornicators, Thieves, Atheists and Idolators are all fair game?
So if it's a choice it's fair game
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Israel Folau

Post by gangrenous »

Northern Raider wrote:
That’s my line.

I think attacking someone for who they are is inherently unfair. Attacking someone for a choice they make on the other hand I don’t really see an issue with.

Where attacking obviously means in a debating sense. I can’t club Broncos fans for the hell of it.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

gangrenous wrote: April 18, 2019, 7:38 pm
Northern Raider wrote:
That’s my line.

I think attacking someone for who they are is inherently unfair. Attacking someone for a choice they make on the other hand I don’t really see an issue with.

Where attacking obviously means in a debating sense. I can’t club Broncos fans for the hell of it.
Very generalised view. That philosophy condones hates speech against people for their religious beliefs. Pauline Hanson would love it.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Of course it’s a generalised view! I gave you a single sentence

I don’t condone hate speech. Choices are fair game but still within the bounds of common decency.

I just mean that you should be able to state that you believe those choices, like being religious are not good ones. Whereas saying homosexuality is bad is criticising who the person is.
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

That’s somewhere where my thinking has changed over the years, I used to say they were a choice but now say beliefs or lack of aren’t a choice so much as they are more decided subconsciously, I can’t choose to suddenly start believing something.

As for hate speech against people for their religious beliefs I hate the beliefs and not the people, people deserve respect beliefs do not.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

I've said this before, and ill say it again
That's not actually you at all Manbush. You're as dogmatic about your thoughts and belief as anyone, to the point where you've attacked believers of religion for crimes committed by people of their faith so **** far above the clouds that its obscene. And even in this thread, claiming moderate belief is tantamount to endorsement for extremist behaviour.

I don't care to know your behaviour in real life, frankly nothing could or would interest me less, but your posting here suggests you very much DO hate on people who believe, rather than hate the beliefs. You frame as challenging their beliefs, but you dont and it's so clearly Bull. You attack them for it, you put crimes conducted in the names of their beliefs on them because you feel they are complicit in it. Which is trash.

You're a different kind sort of zealot but one none the less.
You're as bad as they are. You dont really get it but you are. You just have different beliefs. Your dogmatic approach is identical.
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

What a load of absolute rubbish Pigman, I have never blamed a whole group for the actions of a few and I challenge you to back up your claim with actual evidence.

Hitchens razor applies “that which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.”

There is no religion I will hate someone for being a part of, I will add the disclaimer though if someone wants a theocracy be it an Islamist or a dominionist then my view of them will be greatly diminished but they are the extremists within their particular faiths.

I also should point out that despite posting in the religion thread more than anyone I never got it locked because even when I disagree with someone’s beliefs i can still manage to show them respect.
Last edited by Manbush on April 18, 2019, 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

PigRickman wrote: April 18, 2019, 10:26 pm I've said this before, and ill say it again
And even in this thread, claiming moderate belief is tantamount to endorsement for extremist behaviour.
Just on this once again you either deliberately misrepresent what I meant or it went way over your head, people sharing basic beliefs empowers those with more extreme beliefs because it makes them believe they are supported by a lot of people, it’s not endorsing the extremist beliefs but it is empowering them and giving them more credibility, do you disagree with that? Do you think the more Christian extremists in this country would feel as empowered if say only 5% of Australians were Christians?
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

I don’t think extremists operate in the belief they are doing what ever wants
I think they operate in the belief they are doing what their god wants
They aren’t doing this stuff to be popular they are doing it because they feel it will earn them favour with their god

As for my evidence, your posting history on this is available for all to see. You’re one of the least tolerate people on this site when it comes to religious beliefs
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

Wait, are we back here with some posters disappointing me by trying to pretend that Falou isn't inciting hatred against people? Sigh.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

PigRickman wrote: April 19, 2019, 9:51 am I don’t think extremists operate in the belief they are doing what ever wants
I think they operate in the belief they are doing what their god wants
They aren’t doing this stuff to be popular they are doing it because they feel it will earn them favour with their god

As for my evidence, your posting history on this is available for all to see. You’re one of the least tolerate people on this site when it comes to religious beliefs
True they are doing it because they believe that’s what their god wants and the fact many people believe in gods even not their own empowers them and their beliefs.

Yep my posting history is available and I’ll happily stand by the fact you regularly either misrepresent or misunderstand what I say. Yes I’m not very tolerant of religious beliefs as I believe they are harmful to society but unlike yourself I am tolerant towards people, as I’ve said people deserve respect beliefs do not.
Sterlk
David Furner

Post by Sterlk »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: April 18, 2019, 4:39 pm This is one of those “What colour is this dress?” Tests isn’t it?

If we're going to talk about the dress - the correct answer is light blue and brown. I'm apparently one of the few people that see that, and it's actually what the colours in the photo are.

Here's the colours taken from that photo next to each other:

I estimate a reasonable chance that having these colours right next to the photo will have some people see 'light blue and brown' for the very first time... mind explosion. :P
Finite
David Furner

Post by Finite »

Sterlk wrote: April 20, 2019, 9:35 pm
Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: April 18, 2019, 4:39 pm This is one of those “What colour is this dress?” Tests isn’t it?

If we're going to talk about the dress - the correct answer is light blue and brown. I'm apparently one of the few people that see that, and it's actually what the colours in the photo are.

I estimate a reasonable chance that having these colours right next to the photo will have some people see 'light blue and brown' for the very first time... mind explosion. :P
Yeah this was one of the oddest things. Light blue and gold everyday to me as well, kind of amazing that people can see anything else.
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

Hmmm maybe it’s just me but I wouldn’t think it’s a wise decision to sue a former employer while trying to convince a new company who agreed with your last one to hire you.

“Israel Folau has formally engaged lawyers to represent him in his dispute with Rugby Australia, with legal action over his controversial sacking likely to be filed within the next two days.”

https://www.afr.com/leadership/workplac ... 604-p51u8m

“Israel Folau is reportedly seeking a return to the NRL by offering unprecedented vetting of his social media activity.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 437cb0f1cf
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Israel Folau

Post by The Nickman »

-PJ- wrote:

Camping ?

You won't be sleeping on the ground will you ?

You're more a cabin man right ?

Generator, bed, fridge etc.
Wait, how the hell did I miss this??

I’m a swag by the fire guy all the way, Peej! Caravans, tents, tables and even toilets are NOT camping!!

I’m DEEPLY offended that this is who you think I am as a person
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Peter Beattie says there is no way in 'hell' that the NRL will allow .... the Broncos you say? well I guess we can make an exception on this occasion.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
hrundi89
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by hrundi89 »

Finite wrote: April 24, 2019, 11:29 pm
Sterlk wrote: April 20, 2019, 9:35 pm

Yeah this was one of the oddest things. Light blue and gold everyday to me as well, kind of amazing that people can see anything else.
The "light blue" is white in shadow, though, right?
You may remember me from such forum usernames as hrundi99 and... hrundi99.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

https://www.news.com.au/sport/sports-li ... d9d9e7beab

A guy who has been earning millions of dollars. Who deliberately broke his contract with foreseeable consequences - and he’s asking the masses to give him money?

What a ****
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Israel Folau

Post by The Nickman »

What a ****, what an absolute **** of a human being. And still thinks he’s being persecuted just for being a Christian (as many others genuinely do, based on social media comments). It’s mind boggling stuff
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Fantastic publicity provided by News Ltd. That will give donations a real boost.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Can I donate to the ARU to take this **** to the cleaners?
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

gangrenous wrote: June 21, 2019, 8:31 am Can I donate to the ARU to take this **** to the cleaners?
Haha, you do that. I'm sure the ARU will spend you funds wisely. They've done such a great job so far. :lol:
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

I'm still taking bets of how long it is until Folau shows up running for a seat in Western Sydney, and I reckon odds are shortening by the day.

#SaveIzzy

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

gangrenous wrote: June 21, 2019, 6:22 am https://www.news.com.au/sport/sports-li ... d9d9e7beab

A guy who has been earning millions of dollars. Who deliberately broke his contract with foreseeable consequences - and he’s asking the masses to give him money?

What a ****
All religious folks are hypocrites in this way - remember the Catholic Church asking for donations so they could pay the $200,000 a week QC defending Paedophile Pell?

This is appalling and I hope wakes people up to what he really is.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)