Broncos 13+
No votes

Total votes: 22

julian87
Laurie Daley

Re: 2019 Rd 6 V Broncos: Teams and Previews

Post by julian87 »

edwahu wrote: April 15, 2019, 9:39 pm
julian87 wrote: April 15, 2019, 9:16 pm A big body has to come in for Tapine. Either Horsburgh or Hunt imo. And I imagine Stuart will be careful with Young. There’s not much point him playing 5-15 minutes for more than a month because he’ll be out of nick. I think we’ll see Murchie in for him for a bit sooner rather than later.

Murchie looks like he had another big game on the weekend, I would say he is due for a chance.
Agreed and I’m worried that him and Young will be on the same bench which I think would be a mistake.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
Johno
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Johno »

Crusader wrote: April 15, 2019, 6:00 pm
gangrenous wrote: April 15, 2019, 5:59 pm
reptar wrote:What day is Team Day Tuesday this week?
Purple
my toaster is broken
The Good Guys have specials on washing machines
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Johno wrote: April 16, 2019, 10:21 am
Purple
my toaster is broken
My cat's breath smells like cat food.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
yurithe1
David Furner
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by yurithe1 »

LastRaider wrote: April 15, 2019, 6:18 pm Well I’m feeling quite confident about the game because we are winning off the back of defense and patience.

Just need to keep our unforced errors and penalties low

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
I think that the boys enjoyed hammering Ferguson as well. He didn't leave in the best of circumstances after all.

Seeing as Milford stuffed us around before joining the Broncos, I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a similar hammering if he's dumb enough to run the ball to the line.

My tip: Sia to smash him like he did the Eels' 5/8th on the weekend.
Some people talk about the weather. Others do something about it.

MEMBER NO.: 4500 (before they changed the numbering system).
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

yurithe1 wrote:
LastRaider wrote: April 15, 2019, 6:18 pm Well I’m feeling quite confident about the game because we are winning off the back of defense and patience.

I think that the boys enjoyed hammering Ferguson as well. He didn't leave in the best of circumstances after all.

Seeing as Milford stuffed us around before joining the Broncos, I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a similar hammering if he's dumb enough to run the ball to the line.

The way Milford left is a lot different to how Fergo and Dugan left so I don’t think so. Milford is still best mates with Papalii
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
yurithe1
David Furner
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by yurithe1 »

Sid wrote: April 16, 2019, 12:33 pm
yurithe1 wrote:

The way Milford left is a lot different to how Fergo and Dugan left so I don’t think so. Milford is still best mates with Papalii
Shame. I'm still harbouring some resentment there. I guess I'll just have to be content to wait until we play the Sharks and hope Dugan isn't injured for that game. :lol:
Some people talk about the weather. Others do something about it.

MEMBER NO.: 4500 (before they changed the numbering system).
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

yurithe1 wrote: April 16, 2019, 1:14 pm
yurithe1 wrote:

Shame. I'm still harbouring some resentment there. I guess I'll just have to be content to wait until we play the Sharks and hope Dugan isn't injured for that game. :lol:
If we keep playing the way we have been to start the season, when we play the Sharks Dugan should be going off "injured" in about the 60th minute anyway.
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by reptar »

Northern Raider wrote:
Purple
my toaster is broken
Before or after they've brought it back up?
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

reptar wrote: April 16, 2019, 1:29 pm
Northern Raider wrote:

Purple
my toaster is broken
Before or after they've brought it back up?
back on topic thanks
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Cranky Old Man
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Sam Backo

Post by Cranky Old Man »

yurithe1 wrote: April 16, 2019, 12:28 pm

To me, one of the most notable facets of the Eels game was the utter disrespect most of our players showed Fergo, contempt probably even from the quieter seeming players. But after the game Paulo spent over 15 minutes in conversation with a number of former team mates in obviously friendly fashion. Two former players, two vastly different reactions.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

yurithe1 wrote:

Add to that, Paps is the only forward in the current squad who was playing at that time. If you include the backs you can add Croker and Wighton. Rapana was floating around at Souths Logan. Basically not too many of our squad would be feeling aggrieved by his leaving.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Cranky Old Man wrote: April 16, 2019, 1:59 pm
yurithe1 wrote: April 16, 2019, 12:28 pm

To me, one of the most notable facets of the Eels game was the utter disrespect most of our players showed Fergo, contempt probably even from the quieter seeming players. But after the game Paulo spent over 15 minutes in conversation with a number of former team mates in obviously friendly fashion. Two former players, two vastly different reactions.
Similar to my post about Milford. Papalii, Croker and Wighton are the only guys who played with Fergo back in 2013. Paulo played with just about all of them last year.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Northern Raider wrote: April 16, 2019, 2:01 pm
yurithe1 wrote:

Add to that, Paps is the only forward in the current squad who was playing at that time. If you include the backs you can add Croker and Wighton. Rapana was floating around at Souths Logan. Basically not too many of our squad would be feeling aggrieved by his leaving.
He also didn't do anything wrong. He signed with a different club and then completely played out his contract with us, and still put in 100% the whole time. In his last six months with us he was arguably much better than he currently is at the Broncos!

Nobody should be holding any ill feelings towards the guy in the slightest.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

The Rickman wrote: April 16, 2019, 2:06 pm
Northern Raider wrote: April 16, 2019, 2:01 pm
yurithe1 wrote:

He also didn't do anything wrong. He signed with a different club and then completely played out his contract with us, and still put in 100% the whole time. In his last six months with us he was arguably much better than he currently is at the Broncos!

Nobody should be holding any ill feelings towards the guy in the slightest.
Plus I think the guys actually like him.
LimeGreenMachine
Brett Mullins

Post by LimeGreenMachine »

The Rickman wrote: April 16, 2019, 1:16 pm
yurithe1 wrote: April 16, 2019, 1:14 pm
yurithe1 wrote:

If we keep playing the way we have been to start the season, when we play the Sharks Dugan should be going off "injured" in about the 60th minute anyway.
Dugan rarely makes it to the 60min mark most games.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders forward Joe Tapine out for up to 12 weeks

Joe Tapine is set to miss up to 12 weeks with ankle ligament damage in another cruel blow for the Canberra Raiders back-rower.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239

Five Things: Raiders v Broncos: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/04 ... v-broncos/
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

NRL Team: Raiders V Broncos

Canberra Raiders V Brisbane Broncos
Sunday 21 April 4:05pm
Gates open: 11:30am
Jersey Flegg: Canberra Raiders V New Zealand Warriors 11:45am
NSW Cup: Mounties V New Zealand Warriors 1:50pm
Canberra Stadium
Tickets: Click here
TV coverage: Nine, Fox League Channel 502
Radio: ABC, Mix 106.3

The Canberra Raiders have named their side for Sunday’s match against the Brisbane Broncos at GIO Stadium.

JJ Collins is set to become Raider #360, after he was named on the interchange bench to replace Joe Tapine, who has been ruled out for 10-12 weeks with an ankle injury. The inclusion of Collins in the 17 is the only change to the side that defeated the Eels in round five.

Aidan Sezer, Corey Horsburgh, Jack Murchie and Bailey Simonsson have been named on the extended bench for the Green Machine.

Canberra Raiders

1. Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad
2. Nick Cotric
3. Jarrod Croker (C)
4. Joey Leilua
5. Jordan Rapana
6. Jack Wighton
7. Sam Williams
8. Josh Papalii
9. Josh Hodgson (C)
10. Dunamis Lui
11. John Bateman
12. Elliott Whitehead
13. Ryan Sutton

14. Siliva Havili
15. Hudson Young
16. Sia Soliola
17. JJ Collins

18. Aidan Sezer
19. Corey Horsburgh
20. Jack Murchie
21. Bailey Simonsson

Injury/Suspension

Joe Tapine (Ankle) Round 15-17
Michael Oldfield (Groin) Round 7-8
Brad Abbey (Knee) Round 8-10

Canberra Raiders media

Brisbane Broncos

1. Darius Boyd (c)
2. Corey Oates
3. Kotoni Staggs
4. Jack Bird
5. Jamayne Isaako
6. Anthony Milford
7. Kodi Nikorima
8. Payne Haas
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Joe Ofahengaue
11. Alex Glenn
12. Matt Gillett
13. David Fifita

14. Gehamat Shibasaki
15. Jaydn Su’A
16. Thomas Flegler
17. Patrick Carrigan

18. Shaun Fensom
19. Pat Mago
20. James Roberts
21. Richie Kennar

Officials:

Referees: Matt Cecchin, Adam Cassidy
Sideline Officials: Michael Wise, Nick Morel
Video Referees: Jared Maxwell, Ben Galea

Match Hashtags: #NRL #WeareRaiders #BleedGreen #NRLRaidersBroncos

The Greenhouse Hashtags: #WearGreen2019 #FromAllAngles

Mounties NSW Cup team: Click here

Jersey Flegg team: Click here

Plus follow us on Twitter: @TheGHRaiders and Instagram: @TheGHRaiders
Sid
Ricky Stuart

Post by Sid »

is the team list in half an hour?

edwahu

Post by edwahu »

I'd like to see Murchie in for Tapine, with Horsburgh or L.Bateman in for Young who can get some more minutes under his belt for a week. I know people will be against L.Bateman, but I would like to see how he plays now we are playing a style closer to his strengths.
Pete Cash
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Re: 2019 Rd 6 V Broncos: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by Pete Cash »

It’s common sense to rough up Milford. I’m sure there wasn’t too much personal in the attack on Fergo either. He left like half a decade ago. He was just their biggest weapon and we smashed the hell out of him. Put some doubt into the minds of these guys so they aren’t as keen to take on the line
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

The depth rotation continues. JJ Collins getting his turn
Sid
Ricky Stuart

Post by Sid »

No Matt Lodge... can't see that he's injured? Might be the scapegoat after having a shocker last week

Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Pete Cash wrote: April 16, 2019, 3:43 pm It’s common sense to rough up Milford. I’m sure there wasn’t too much personal in the attack on Fergo either. He left like half a decade ago. He was just their biggest weapon and we smashed the hell out of him. Put some doubt into the minds of these guys so they aren’t as keen to take on the line
Fergo has been Eels best this season. Raiders simply went hard to shut down one of their most dangerous players.
Sid
Ricky Stuart

Post by Sid »

I can see Roberts being a late inclusion with Kotoni Staggs dropping to the bench

Hazza
Chris O'Sullivan
Favourite Player: Adam Clydesdale

Post by Hazza »

Sid wrote: April 16, 2019, 4:11 pm No Matt Lodge... can't see that he's injured? Might be the scapegoat after having a shocker last week
'Throat injury' apparently
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Lodge, TPJ and likely Roberts all missing. Broncos starting side, particulalry forwards still look good. Very thin on the bench though.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

JJ Collins? Ok. Weird, thought we'd see the Hors back.

Looks like Collins has been going ok at Mounties. I guess Rick wanted an out and out prop for the bench?
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

Didn't expect that one.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

He's giving plenty of guys a chance and Collins the latest one. As the season progresses we can expect to see our bench forwards become more established. Ironicall at the start of the year most of us expected Guler to be a regular in the 17. Been unsighted so far.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Matt wrote: April 16, 2019, 4:03 pm The depth rotation continues. JJ Collins getting his turn
Another high energy player coming off the bench. I am a fan of HorsPower and like his aggression, but Collins takes the ball up fearlessly and flat out every carry. I'm looking forward to his debut with us.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Double post
Last edited by RedRaider on April 16, 2019, 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PerthRaider86
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii - Alan Tongue

Post by PerthRaider86 »

I didnt know Fensom had signed with the Broncos.............
Perth Based Raiders Fan
LimeGreenMachine
Brett Mullins

Post by LimeGreenMachine »

Thought Corey would have come back but I guess Sticky dropped him to get more game time and he is staying true to it.
Hazza
Chris O'Sullivan
Favourite Player: Adam Clydesdale

Post by Hazza »

LimeGreenMachine wrote: April 16, 2019, 5:02 pm Thought Corey would have come back but I guess Sticky dropped him to get more game time and he is staying true to it.
Still might come in I reckon
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

This will be the sweetest of victories..
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock: