2019 Mounties

All the news on the Canberra Raiders lower grades, affiliate clubs and the Canberra Raiders Cup

Moderator: GH Moderators

The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Re: 2019 Mounties

Post by The Greenhouse »

10th min TRY MOUNTIES to Jack Murchie! It follows a penalty in the red zone for a strip, giving Mounties a repeat set. Andre Niko converts from out wide.

Mounties 6-0
The Greenhouse score update service
The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

27th min TRY MAGPIES to winger Greg Leleisiuao. Tony Satini came in off his wing in defence, leaving his man unopposed out wide. Many penalties conceded by Mounties in the lead up. No conversion Rhys Davies.

Mounties 6-4
The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

40th min TRY MAGPIES to Damon Goolagong. Off the back of another penalty! They’ve had 1000! Converted from the sideline by Rhys Davies.

HALF TIME
Wentworthville Magpies 10
Mounties 6
The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

Mounties kick off to start the second half.
The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

44th min TRY MOUNTIES to Reubenn Rennie! Winger Andre Niko was about to be tackled over the sideline... but he got a great offload away inside. Andre Niko converts from out wide.

Mounties 12-10
The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

55th min TRY MAGPIES to Oregon Kaufusi. Brad Keighran converts.

Magpies 16-12
The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

61st min TRY MOUNTIES to Reubenn Rennie. He gets his second. Andre Niko on the sideline... misses the conversion.

Mounties 16
Magpies 16
The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

64th min TRY MOUNTIES to Andre Niko, great run down the sideline and a great dummy. He converts his own try.

Mounties 22-16
The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

68th min TRY MOUNTIES to Reubenn Rennie, he gets a hat trick! No conversion from Niko.

Mounties 26-16
The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

79th min TRY MOUNTIES to winger Tony Satini in the corner! Niko converts!

FULL TIME

Mounties 32 defeated Wentworthville Magpies 16
The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

MATCH REPORT: Canterbury Cup: Mounties remain undefeated

The Mounties have continued their undefeated start to the season after defeating the Wentworthville Magpies 32-16 at GIO Stadium on Sunday afternoon.

A second half hat-trick from Reubenn Rennie helped the Mounties come back from four points down at halftime to remain undefeated so far this campaign.

Mounties 32 (Tries: Rennie 3, Murchie, Niko, Satini. Goals Niko 4/6) def. Wentworthville Magpies 16 (Tries: Leleisiuao, Goolagong, Kaufusi. Goals: Davies 1/2, Keighran 1/1)

Read more: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/04 ... ndefeated/
BoneRick
Gerry De La Cruz

Post by BoneRick »

The Greenhouse wrote:MATCH REPORT: Canterbury Cup: Mounties remain undefeated

The Mounties have continued their undefeated start to the season after defeating the Wentworthville Magpies 32-16 at GIO Stadium on Sunday afternoon.

A second half hat-trick from Reubenn Rennie helped the Mounties come back from four points down at halftime to remain undefeated so far this campaign.

Mounties 32 (Tries: Rennie 3, Murchie, Niko, Satini. Goals Niko 4/6) def. Wentworthville Magpies 16 (Tries: Leleisiuao, Goolagong, Kaufusi. Goals: Davies 1/2, Keighran 1/1)

Read more: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/04 ... ndefeated/
good to hear

Sent from my SM-G973F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Green eyed Mick »

Who were the best two middle forwards?
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

2019 NSW Cup Round 6: Mounties V New Zealand Warriors

Mounties V New Zealand Warriors
Canberra Stadium
Sunday, 21 April 1:40pm

Mounties

1. Bailey Simonsson
2. Tony Satini
3. Reubenn Rennie
4. Sebastian Kris
5. Andre Niko
6. Mafoa’aeata Hingano
7. Brendan O’Hagan
8. Emre Guler
9. Tom Starling
10. Corey Horsburgh
11. Reuben Porter
12. Jack Murchie
13. Luke Bateman

14. Dean Matterson
15. Steven Tavita
16. Daniel Keir
17. Jarrett Boland

New Zealand Warriors

1. Patrick Herbert
2. Edward Kosi
3. Taane Milne
4. Adam Pompey
5. Lewis Soosemea
6. Adam Keighran
7. Hayze Perham
8. Chris Satae
9. Karl Lawton
10. Preston Riki
11. Blake Ayshford
12. Ligi Sao
13. Leivaha Pulu

14. Clayton Williams
15. Adam Tuimavave-Gerrard
16. Paulos Latu
17. Api Pewhairangi

18. Sam Cook
20. Cole Waaka

Preview

Last week: The Canberra Raiders NSW Cup affiliate Mounties have maintained their place at the top of the competition ladder, after defeating the Wentworthville Magpies, 32-16, at Canberra Stadium. Mounties scored first, with Jack Murchie crossing in the 10th minute - capitalising on a penalty and a repeat set in the Magpies' red zone. Wentworthville hit back with two tries of their own, to wingers Greg Leleisiuao and Damon Goolagong... allowing the visitors to go to the break with a 10-6 lead.

Mounties returned serve four minutes into the second half, with Andre Niko throwing a desperate offload inside to centre Reubenn Rennie. Rennie's try, and Niko's conversion, saw Mounties secure a two point advantage. The Magpies snatched back the lead in the 55th minute, with a converted Oregon Kaufusi try. But Mounties took control in the final 20 minutes, posting four tries. Reubenn Rennie ended with a hat trick, while wingers Andre Niko and Tony Satini also crossed the white stripe.

Mounties had an even share of possession, but dominated the running metres (a 500 metre margin), line breaks (9-2) and tackle breaks (42-16). Mounties coach Peter Marrapodi would have been less happy with the completion rate (Mounties 69 per cent, Magpies 80 per cent) and penalties conceded (Mounties 10, Magpies five). Wentworthville missed a costly 42 tackles (Mounties 16) and produced 20 ineffective tackles (Mounties six).

Rennie was man of the match (three tries, 17 runs for 161 metres gained, 49 post contact metres, two line breaks, one line break assist, one try assist, nine tackle breaks). Bailey Simonsson (17 runs for 174 metres, 64 kick return metres, 61 post contact metres, one line break, one line break assist, one try assist, seven tackle breaks, one offload) and Andre Niko (one try, 12 runs for 157 metres, one line break, one line break assist, one try assist, two tackle breaks, one offload) were also very strong in the backs. Ata Hingano performed well (two try assists, three line break assists, two offloads).

In the forwards, Corey Horsburgh impressed (17 runs for 152 metres, 58 post contact metres, one line break assist, four tackle breaks, 30 tackles) - as did Luke Bateman (14 runs for 119 metres, 50 post contact metres, one line break assist, three offloads, 51 tackles, 98 per cent tackle efficiency), Emre Guler (11 runs for 134 metres, 60 post contact metres, four tackle breaks, 34 tackles, 94 per cent tackle efficiency) and Jack Murchie (one try, 11 runs for 111 metres, 46 post contact metres, three line breaks, one try assist, 25 tackles, 86 per cent tackle efficiency).

Bateman (51), Tom Starling (37) and Emre Guler (34) topped the tackle count for Mounties. Simonsson (174), Rennie (161) and Niko (157) topped the metres gained.

This week: Mounties now face the 11th placed New Zealand Warriors at Canberra Stadium. The match is part of a triple header on Sunday in the national capital, with this game and Jersey Flegg the curtain raisers for the Raiders' NRL clash with the Broncos.

The Warriors suffered an 18-14 loss to the South Sydney Rabbitohs in Round 5. Warriors fullback Hayze Perham, centre Adam Pompey (two tries), lock Leivaha Pulu and props Chris Satae and Preston Riki were the strongest for the Warriors.

The Warriors have won one, drawn one and lost three matches so far this season. So far, they have only beaten the Panthers, 22-12 in Round 4. Mounties have yet to taste defeat, posting four good wins - and drawing 28-28 with the Dragons in Round 1. Mounties are now the top attacking and defensive team in the competition. They have averaged 36 points per match (Warriors 16) and conceded an average 16 points per match (Warriors 23).

In Mounties team changes, JJ Collins has been promoted to the NRL top 17, so Emre Guler will start at prop. Daniel Keir has been added to the interchange bench.

Form: Mounties: DWWWW
Magpies: LLDWL

Head to head: Mounties have won 8 of the 13 games played between the clubs and drawn one. Mounties lost 24-20 in their first encounter with the Warriors in 2018, but the Mounties turned the tables in the second match, winning by a point, 21-20

Our tip: On form, Mounties should win at "home" in Canberra.

Round 5 NSW Cup Mounties highlights: https://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2019/04/1 ... --round-5/

NSW Cup Team of the Week: To come

Stats Amazing: Round 5 NSW Cup Mounties V Wentworthville Magpies: https://www.nswrl.com.au/siteassets/doc ... agpies.pdf

Plus follow us on Facebook: The Greenhouse Forum and Twitter: @TheGHRaiders
Makaveli
Bradley Clyde

Post by Makaveli »

It would be great if the NSWRL site actually loaded so we can see the teams

Edit finally back up now

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Makaveli wrote: April 16, 2019, 5:31 pm It would be great if the NSWRL site actually loaded so we can see the teams

Edit finally back up now

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
Well, we had our team lists up...
The Greenhouse
Don Furner

2019 Mounties

Post by The Greenhouse »

Welcome to our coverage of today's NSW Cup clash between Canberra Raiders affiliate Mounties and the New Zealand Warriors. Live scores from 1:40pm. Final team line ups:

Mounties

1. Bailey Simonsson
2. Tony Satini
3. Reubenn Rennie
4. Sebastian Kris
5. Andre Niko
6. Mafoa’aeata Hingano
20. Aidan Sezer
23. Royce Hunt
9. Tom Starling
10. Corey Horsburgh
11. Reuben Porter
12. Jack Murchie
13. Luke Bateman

8. Emre Guler
15. Steven Tavita
17. Jarrett Boland
18. Michael Oldfield

New Zealand Warriors

4. Adam Pompey
21. Seth Tu
3. Taane Milne
20. Cole Waaka
5. Lewis Soosemea
17. Api Pewhairangi
18. Dam Cook
8. Chris Satae
9. Karl Lawton
10. Preston Riki
11. Blake Ayshford
12. Ligi Sao
22. Sam Lisone

14. Clayton Williams
15. Adam Tuimavave-Gerrard
16. Paulos Latu
23. Thai Baggeley
The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

As expected Aidan Sezer and Royce Hunt are late inclusions for Mounties.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

GE, is this televised or streamed somewhere?

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

9th min Both sides have threatened in the opening exchanges, but it is still 0-0.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

T_R wrote:GE, is this televised or streamed somewhere?
No broadcast in any form.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

13th min Aidan Sezer denied a try for obstruction. Looked fine live. Mounties penalised for back chat to boot. Still 0-0.
The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

14th min TRY WARRIORS to winger Setu Tu. They go the length of the field, piggybacked by the silly extra penalty to score in the corner. No conversion from the sideline.

Warriors 4-0
The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

16th min TRY WARRIORS to second rower Ligi Sao, backing up a big break down the middle by hooker Karl Lawton. Converted from in front Api Pewhairangi.

Warriors 10-0

This could be one of those days...
The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

21st min Corey Horsburgh has been sent off! Illegal tackle ruled. A lot of the crowd were applauding what looked a good hit live.

Now the Warriors get away with a high shot, nothing more than a penalty.
Danaman137
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Clinton Schifcofske

Post by Danaman137 »

Jeez I’d like to see a replay of the horsburgh hit, might have been a touch offside but looked like a good clean hit to me!

The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

25th min TRY MOUNTIES to Andre Niko in the corner. Lovely passing through the backline. Niko cannot convert his own try.

Warriors 10-4
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Danaman137 wrote:Jeez I’d like to see a replay of the horsburgh hit, might have been a touch offside but looked like a good clean hit to me!

That’s how it looked live. Keen to see the vision again.

The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

34th min Mounties have been playing better with 12 men! Forcing line drop outs... but that set ended with a Hingano grubber that had too much weight.

Warriors 10-4
The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

34th min TRY WARRIORS They go the length in one seven tackle set, Adam Tuimavave Gerrard is the scorer. Api Perhairangi converts from the sideline.

Warriors 16-4
The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

41st min TRY WARRIORS to Taane Milne. Easy try, they run big metres to score in the first set after the break. Converted Pewhairangi.

Warriors 22-4

This could get ugly.
The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

48th min TRY MOUNTIES to Royce Hunt. Stands in the tackle and then reaches out and plants it. Niko converts from in front.

Warriors 22-10
Green_Hammock
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Rapana, Campese

Post by Green_Hammock »

Cheers for the updates

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

50th min TRY MOUNTIES to Reuben Porter! He lunges over, amongst plenty of traffic. It’s initially set up by a break from Tony Satini. Converted Niko from in front.

Warriors 22-16
The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

60th min TRY MOUNTIES to Jarrett Boland out wide. Good fun from Niko to set it in motion. And Niko converts. This is a good comeback with 12 men.

Warriors 22
Mounties 22