2019 NRL Round 5 - Teams and Game Day

Talk about NRL, State of Origin, Tests, Four Nations, World Cup, everything rugby league

Moderator: GH Moderators

The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Re: 2019 NRL Round 5 - Teams and Game Day

Post by The Greenhouse »

73rd min TRY COWBOYS to Ben Hampton. Cowboys get back into the match with less than 10 minutes to go.

Storm 16-12
The Greenhouse score update service
yeh raiders
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by yeh raiders »

How ridiculous. That was terrible from the refs.
Makaveli
Bradley Clyde

Post by Makaveli »

Two players dead on the field and play continues. Probably the same touch judge who failed to call the 40 20 too failed to stop play

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

yeh raiders
Laurie Daley

Post by yeh raiders »

I suspect McDonald has broken his leg.
yeh raiders
Laurie Daley

Post by yeh raiders »

Freddie suggesting the same
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

His ankle was pointing right angles
yeh raiders
Laurie Daley

Post by yeh raiders »

The linesman and lineswoman tonight have absolutely stunk.
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

I didn’t see too much wrong with the Baptiste tackle. Wrapped his arms around the waist of the kicker.
The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

76th min PENALTY GOAL STORM to Cameron Smith. Munster tackled in the air after he got the kick away. Nene Macdonald with dislocation and broken ankle. Nasty.

Storm 18-12
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

Should've been a cowboys penalty and 10 in the bin on that last play.
The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

FULL TIME

Melbourne Storm should have had players in the bin on the last set. Awful refereeing.

Melbourne Storm 18 defeated North Queensland Cowboys 12

Smith breaks point-scoring record as Storm beat Cowboys

Storm great Cameron Smith became the highest point scorer in the history of the game as Melbourne made it five wins in a row with a hard-fought 18-12 victory over North Queensland in Townsville.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/04/12/cam ... t-cowboys/

Lui_Bon
Jason Croker

Post by Lui_Bon »

awful commentating - on fox they whined about the last Cowboys try and said not a word about the last Storm try which had a "flat" pass go from a yard behind the 10 to two in front... not to mention the reffing - I thought Atkins and Badger were possibly the best - now I see they put protocols ahead of welfare, they deserve every criticism they get.

Just pathetic.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Classy to see Smith laughing and **** stirring the ref while a cowboys player is up the field with a broken leg. Greatest pointscorer ever, one of the greatest players to play the game and a completely **** human being.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
Keghead
Noa Nadruku

Post by Keghead »

The Rickman wrote: April 12, 2019, 9:25 am
Keghead wrote: April 12, 2019, 7:58 am
LimeGreenMachine wrote:This game highlighted that the Broncos halves aren't any good.
Milf is not a play maker . He has zero game management. As for Niko he might go alright off the bench. McCullough is one dimensional.

Sent from my SM-N960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Nearly everyone on here used to EDIT over Milford,there would only be a very small amount of the old boy posters (the ones that know everything)on here that haven’t berated the club at some stage for letting him go.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
EDIT

Milford is one of the few players the club ABSOLUTELY wanted to keep. Chalking the loss of Milford up as a brilliant masterstroke of recruitment and retention of the Canberra Raiders is a rewriting of history of the greatest order.
Where did i say the club didn't want him to keep him? What i am saying though is that so many people in their hasty judgement actually wanted the club to pay him anything he wanted to make him stay.There were some ludicrous suggestions about what he should be given when the hype was at it's peak and many people berated the club for not accommodating him.Form should be judged over a decent amount of time and consistent performances/efforts over that period are the only true indication of a players ability to cope with the demands of being a top flight league player,not some over excitement to some youthful exuberance.

I can just imagine the howling of the fans if the club had of paid him and he was showing the form that he is at present.The club was lucky that it happened that way but many of the fans have scratches on their butts from jumping the fence.And I would appreciated that you don't try to accuse me of rewriting history and trying to twist my words when I said nothing of the sort .....RICK.

Just because you are devoting half of your life attempting to be the dux of the class doesn't win any favors with me,at the end of the day you are just a fan like everyone else but perhaps just a little more tragic.
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by reptar »

Just saw the MCK try. There's a lot of lazy Broncos defenders who should be ashamed
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
TongueFTW
Dean Lance

Post by TongueFTW »

To be fair though, the Broncos have ruined him as a player. He has bulked up far too much, and has been put in a “game management” role he is not ready for. In his first season out of the Raiders, he was unlucky not to win the Clive Churchill.

They should have had him play as a fullback for a couple of more years - moving him into the halves and having him bulk up was the wrong move.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

reptar wrote: April 13, 2019, 8:19 am Just saw the MCK try. There's a lot of lazy Broncos defenders who should be ashamed
Everybody expecting somebody else to make the tackle. He went through almost untouched.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Post by Manbush »

Just noticed if the Dogs beat the Dragons this weekend the bottom three teams will be all the Qld teams! :lol:
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

Just watching the Storm Vs Cowboys game now. Baptiste brings a lot more energy to the Cowboys than Granville had been.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

reptar wrote:Just watching the Storm Vs Cowboys game now. Baptiste brings a lot more energy to the Cowboys than Granville had been.
He sure does. They must also have some young guys who can play in the outside backs who can actually run. Green has to make changes, Morgan, McLean and Lolo can't carry the whole side.

reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

gergreg wrote:
reptar wrote:Just watching the Storm Vs Cowboys game now. Baptiste brings a lot more energy to the Cowboys than Granville had been.
He sure does. They must also have some young guys who can play in the outside backs who can actually run. Green has to make changes, Morgan, McLean and Lolo can't carry the whole side.

Just saw the Nene incident... ouch. Green will have no choice now
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Two very strange decisions just now. RTS takes a bomb and is being rolled into the in goal and loses the ball (mid-roll). The refs claim the tackle was complete before the Souths player picks it up and scores. Then Cody Walker puts a kick through which bounces back off the posts, picks it up and scores - but two Souths players were in front of him and I think it was Luke coming across in cover clearly has to change direction to get around one of them and bunker says nobody was impeded. Baffling decisions both of them.

LimeGreenMachine
Brett Mullins

Post by LimeGreenMachine »

I thought he may have grounded on the line but That would have been a line drop. It was the wrong call they made either way. The tackle wasn't complete as there was still movement in the tackle.

gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

LimeGreenMachine wrote:I thought he may have grounded on the line but That would have been a line drop. It was the wrong call they made either way. The tackle wasn't complete as there was still movement in the tackle.

Agreed, it looked like he grounded it on the line. If he was at the other end it's probably a try.

reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

I feel asleep, woke up to see Warriors offloading at will and looking like world beaters
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

Sam Burgess swapped his hands and feet there
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

Looks like it'll be a close finish. Warriors look tired now.
The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

Walker scores four tries as Rabbitohs beat Warriors

Cody Walker scored four tries, including two in the final seven minutes, to help guide South Sydney to a thrilling 28-24 comeback victory over the Warriors at Sunshine Coast Stadium.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/04/13/cod ... -warriors/

The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

Super Saturday

4th min TRY SEA EAGLES to winger Jorge Taufua in the corner. A little too easy, early in the game. Daly Cherry Evans converts from the sideline.

Sea Eagles 6-0
The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

9th min TRY SEA EAGLES to Reuben Garrick, big break from Koroisau, backed up by Taufua, who passes to the other winger for the four pointer. They go most of the length of the field. Converted Cherry Evans. The Knights defence is awful.

Sea Eagles 12-0
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

2019 NRL Round 5 - Teams and Game Day

Post by Sid »

Curtis Sironen high shot on Ponga, should get 2 weeks for that.. might miss the Raiders game

Update Ponga misses 15 mins for a HIA
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

21st min TRY SEA EAGLES to Joel Thompson. Cherry Evans converts. The Knights are in total shell shock at the moment.

Sea Eagles 18-0
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

38th min TRY KNIGHTS to Edrick Lee, and Kayln Ponga converts. They're finally on the board!

Sea Eagles 18-6

HALF TIME
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Caaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrnnn Manly !!!!!!'
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

51st min TRY KNIGHTS to Aidan Guerra. The referee sent it up as no try... and there surely was not sufficient evidence to overturn the call. Converted.

Sea Eagles 18-12