2019 NRL Round 5 - Teams and Game Day

Talk about NRL, State of Origin, Tests, Four Nations, World Cup, everything rugby league

Moderator: GH Moderators

reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Re: 2019 NRL Round 5 - Teams and Game Day

Post by reptar »

I went to sleep with the Broncos well up, and couldn't have been bothered watching anymore. Pity!!
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
LimeGreenMachine
Brett Mullins

Post by LimeGreenMachine »

This game highlighted that the Broncos halves aren't any good.
Milf is not a play maker . He has zero game management. As for Niko he might go alright off the bench. McCullough is one dimensional.

Sent from my SM-N960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Keghead
Noa Nadruku

Post by Keghead »

LimeGreenMachine wrote:This game highlighted that the Broncos halves aren't any good.
Milf is not a play maker . He has zero game management. As for Niko he might go alright off the bench. McCullough is one dimensional.

Nearly everyone on here used to EDIT over Milford,there would only be a very small amount of the old boy posters (the ones that know everything)on here that haven’t berated the club at some stage for letting him go.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Sid wrote: April 11, 2019, 11:49 pm
PigRickman wrote:
Jake wrote: April 11, 2019, 9:41 pm Chee Kam the ultimate hog finally gets his moment

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk
Straight the **** out of his Raider U20's play book!!!
LOVED it this time.

God. That was **** great.
It’s like as soon as Chee Kam received the ball on the last, everyone on the ground gave up on him passing it. He’s completely surrounded by 5 opposition players and his team mates are standing around flat footed with hands on hips not expecting a pass... still gonna score tho

Look at that ****!
Thats the Chee Kam i know and loathe!! :lol: :lol:
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

LimeGreenMachine wrote:This game highlighted that the Broncos halves aren't any good.

This has been pretty clear for a while. Not sure why they haven’t addressed it. The main reason I predicted them higher up the ladder was I expected a new coach to change things up, and for penalty Broncos to smooth the way.

Not even that can save them at the moment. It’s fantastic!
LimeGreenMachine
Brett Mullins

Post by LimeGreenMachine »

True and the Broncs have been stubborn. They made a mistake letting Hunt go.
They need to revamp their roster. Forwards are going to be class , but they are young.
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Post by Manbush »

Hunt and Milf had the same problem as Nikorima and Milf, none of them are organisers. If Milf is in their halves they need an organiser next to him, should debut Sullivan and see how he goes.
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

2019 NRL Round 5 - Teams and Game Day

Post by The Nickman »

Keghead wrote: April 12, 2019, 7:58 am

Nearly everyone on here used to EDIT over Milford,there would only be a very small amount of the old boy posters (the ones that know everything)on here that haven’t berated the club at some stage for letting him go.

EDIT

Milford is one of the few players the club ABSOLUTELY wanted to keep. Chalking the loss of Milford up as a brilliant masterstroke of recruitment and retention of the Canberra Raiders is a rewriting of history of the greatest order.
magoo
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Papa

Post by magoo »

Great to see the boncos suffering.
3 things stood out for me after the match.
1 tigers kicking game was great when it mattered.
2 Alex Twal was fantastic.
3 Payne Haas will be a superstar.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

The Rickman wrote:

EDIT

Milford is one of the few players the club ABSOLUTELY wanted to keep. Chalking the loss of Milford up as a brilliant masterstroke of recruitment and retention of the Canberra Raiders is a rewriting of history of the greatest order.
The club offered to move his family to Canberra and pay him significantly more than the Broncos (on the books anyway). So I don't know where we're going with this one but subscribing for the inevitable insults. And out of curiosity is that a backhanded swipe at a players ability?

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Editing my post is **** ridiculous when you consider the slurs keghead has thrown out over the last few weeks, just quietly.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

gergreg wrote: April 12, 2019, 12:37 pm
The Rickman wrote:

EDIT

The club offered to move his family to Canberra and pay him significantly more than the Broncos (on the books anyway). So I don't know where we're going with this one but subscribing for the inevitable insults. And out of curiosity is that a backhanded swipe at a players ability?

The Raiders tried everything possible to keep him here. I can't think of anyobody on this forum that critcised the club for 'letting' him walk. Keghead is just making that bit up.

Everybody in the rugby league world recognised Milford as a rare talent and brilliant opportunist on the field. Broncos have unrealistically expected him to become a Thruston-like game manager. When combined with a halfback and hooker that are also not great game managers the Broncos will continue to struggle in this area. They will need to make to some changes to their spine if they want to rectify the problem. They halve a number of young halves on the roster that are highly regarded. They could try one of these and either move Milf to fullback or Nikorima to the bench.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Whoa whoa. Let's ease up a little here. The Broncos don't need to change a thing. I'm loving them as they are.

Shoving it in your face since 2017
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

gergreg wrote: April 12, 2019, 1:30 pm Whoa whoa. Let's ease up a little here. The Broncos don't need to change a thing. I'm loving them as they are.

Fair call.

If Anthony Seibold is reading this, everything's fine. Keep doing what you're doing and it will all come good. :cmon
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

It’s sad as a league fan to see what’s happened to Milford. I’d suggest not to forget how good he can be though considering he should’ve been the Churchill medalist in 15 imo. No way he wasn’t best on ground in that gf. Also by the by people still mention that when talking about how clutch Thurstons goal kicking was even though he missed it.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

He has absolutely regressed since he left here. He was winning us games single handedly.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

julian87 wrote: April 12, 2019, 1:42 pm It’s sad as a league fan to see what’s happened to Milford. I’d suggest not to forget how good he can be though considering he should’ve been the Churchill medalist in 15 imo. No way he wasn’t best on ground in that gf. Also by the by people still mention that when talking about how clutch Thurstons goal kicking was even though he missed it.
Milford had a scratchy start to that GF then came alive from about 20 min onward. Almost single handedly won the game for the Broncos. He was a better match with Hunt who is more of the classic 1st receiver style (though still a bit rocks and diamonds). Milford would chime in when he sensed an opportunity. That is how he's most effective.

Since then he's been asked to run the team and has regressed dramatically. Bennett started it and Seibold is so far continuing it. He's being asked to make things happen more then he's comfortable doing. As a result he's regulalry 2nd guessing himself, making a lot more errors and poor decisions.
rolhai
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Shaun Fensom

Post by rolhai »

So Shannon Boyd has been cut for tonight's game...

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

1985/86: The last time we missed consecutive finals series.....Until STICKY
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

rolhai wrote: April 12, 2019, 3:43 pm So Shannon Boyd has been cut for tonight's game...

Yep..the Titans coach carried out tank inspections and found fuel left over 4 weeks straight...
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
magoo
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Papa

Post by magoo »

-PJ- wrote: April 12, 2019, 3:53 pm
rolhai wrote: April 12, 2019, 3:43 pm So Shannon Boyd has been cut for tonight's game...

Yep..the Titans coach carried out tank inspections and found fuel left over 4 weeks straight...
:roflmao
Rick
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by Rick »

gergreg wrote:Whoa whoa. Let's ease up a little here. The Broncos don't need to change a thing. I'm loving them as they are.

ImageImageImage Broncos you are beautiful just the way you are, don’t change for anybody!!!

The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

Friday Night Football

9th min TRY PANTHERS to James Maloney, converted Cleary.

Panthers 6-0
The Greenhouse score update service
The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

17th min TRY TITANS to Tyrone Robers, converted by Michael Gordon.

Panthers 6
Titans 6
The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

21st min TRY TITANS to Anthony Don, off a Tyrone Roberts kick. The Panthers gave away a silly penalty to put th Titans into the red zone. Michael Gordon converts.

Titans 12-6
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

It's a shame for Boyd. He chose the wrong club to go to but you can't blame him for jumping at the offer he got.
The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

27th min TRY PANTHERS to Viliame Kikau, very powerful run off a Cleary pass. Cleary converts from out wide.

Panthers 12
Titans 12
The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

36th min TRY TITANS to Michael Gordon, the Titans are throwing the ball around and look better than any other game they've played this season. Gordon converts his own try.

Titans 18-12

HALF TIME
The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

47th min TRY PANTHERS to Josh Mansour, a superb pass from Cleary to set it up. The Titans have just had a try disallowed at the other end... called back from obstruction. Cleary converts from the sideline. It's now 24-18 after James Fisher-Harris scored for the Panthers two minutes into the second half.

Panthers 24
Titans 18
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

42 points in the opening 48 minutes
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

52nd min TRY TITANS to prop Jarrod Wallace, just a barging run. It was very easy and the defence is not at a premium in this game... Michael Gordon converts.

Panthers 24
Titans 24
Sid
Ricky Stuart

Post by Sid »

48 points in the opening 52 minutes

This is going to go to golden point at 40 points all

BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

That shoulder charge is an exact replica of the tackle on Papalli by the same player. Didn’t even get penalised or a charge during the week.
Sid
Ricky Stuart

Post by Sid »

If mansour Hadn’t run in 3rd man it wouldn’t have been given as a penalty

Sid
Ricky Stuart

Post by Sid »

Never heard the titans fans so vocal ever tbh!!

The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

68th min PENALTY TRY TITANS with Bryce Cartwright held back, and denied the chance to ground it cleanly. Clear cut penalty try, but Maloney is carrying on like a pork chop! Michael Gordon converts from in front.

Titans 30-24