Ex Raiders... where are they now?

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

BJ
Steve Walters

Re: Ex Raiders... where are they now?

Post by BJ »

It’s a sad sign for Todd that he needs a ghost writer for his autobiography and also a ghost reader.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

LimeGreenMachine wrote: March 9, 2019, 9:21 pm Todd Carney's autobiography is to be published, to be ghost written by Tony Adams (The Mole): https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport ... c516eb21ef
I always thought an autobiography written by someone else was a biography??
Cranky Old Man
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Sam Backo

Post by Cranky Old Man »

The Rickman wrote: March 11, 2019, 11:14 am
LimeGreenMachine wrote: March 9, 2019, 9:21 pm Todd Carney's autobiography is to be published, to be ghost written by Tony Adams (The Mole): https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport ... c516eb21ef
I always thought an autobiography written by someone else was a biography??
That is true in all cases, without exception, except in the case of sportsmen. That is how blokes who have never read a book write a book.
hrundi89
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by hrundi89 »

It's an autobiography in as much as it's his version of his own story, whether he's at the typewriter or not.
You may remember me from such forum usernames as hrundi99 and... hrundi99.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Former Canberra Raiders back Jason Bulgarelli sentenced to two years imprisonment

A FORMER Canberra Raiders player told his ex-partner on her birthday “what a time to die”. Jason Paul Bulgarelli, 42, pleaded guilty to 10 charges including five counts of common assault and one count of threatening violence in Townsville District Court on Thursday. The court heard Bulgarelli assaulted his partner on two separate occasions.

Read more: https://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au/n ... 531d0f8611
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

greeneyed wrote: March 15, 2019, 3:20 pm Former Canberra Raiders back Jason Bulgarelli sentenced to two years imprisonment
About TIME they finally made him see justice for that dropped ball!!
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

He hit his partner on the head with a knife after arguing about drug use and unfaithfulness, pressed the knife into her torso (which is when he said, "what a time to die on your birthday"), pressed the knife to her neck. On another occasion he threw his partner onto bitumen. He's walked free as he had already spent 464 days in pre sentence custody... :nooo
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

greeneyed wrote: March 15, 2019, 3:27 pm He hit his partner on the head with a knife after arguing about drug use and unfaithfulness, pressed the knife into her torso (which is when he said, "what a time to die on your birthday"), pressed the knife to her neck. On another occasion he threw his partner onto bitumen. He's walked free as he had already spent 464 days in pre sentence custody... :nooo
That's **** awful. What an absolute ****.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Susie Bradley's 'bubbling' boyfriend Todd Carney is appointed a new job training junior NRL players in Brisbane after his fall from grace

Controversial NRL player Todd Carney - who made headlines recently for dating MAFS star Susie Bradley - has just landed himself a new job.

The 32-year-old has been signed as the new junior development coach for the Souths Sunnybank Rugby League Football Club.

Read more: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/a ... sbane.html
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

1st rule kids: Always... umm... makes sure... ahh... your mates... umm... keep their phones away

2nd rule kids: Umm... if you don’t have... ahh... anything to... umm... ignite a fire, give your mate... umm... some baked beans and... ahh... wait for the gas leak

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
LimeGreenMachine
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by LimeGreenMachine »

South Sydney Rabbitohs release Matt McIlwrick

The South Sydney Rabbitohs have released Matt McIlwrick from the remainder of his playing contract to join another NRL club, expected to be the Parramatta Eels. The 27-year-old hooker has 56 NRL games to his name from stints at the Raiders, Roosters, Sharks and Wests Tigers.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/01/23/201 ... contracts/
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

6 clubs down, 10 to go

Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
Brew
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Blake Austin

Post by Brew »

Wasn’t it strange seeing Mal Meninga in a Titans polo watching the Raiders play...

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
In Ricky We Trust
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Brew wrote: March 19, 2019, 6:33 am Wasn’t it strange seeing Mal Meninga in a Titans polo watching the Raiders play...

Hated it.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Ilanraiders
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Rubenrunlikeatrainandhitlikeatruckwiki!

Post by Ilanraiders »

T_R wrote: March 19, 2019, 6:37 am
Brew wrote: March 19, 2019, 6:33 am Wasn’t it strange seeing Mal Meninga in a Titans polo watching the Raiders play...

Hated it.
Same here!! Sure does look weird
"Learn to appreciate what you have, before time makes you appreciate what you had"!! RAIDERSTILLIDIE!!
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

I'm sure Mal had a sly smile on his face while leaving Cbus on Sunday night...

He knows where home is.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
hrundi89
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by hrundi89 »

greeneyed wrote: March 15, 2019, 3:27 pm He hit his partner on the head with a knife after arguing about drug use and unfaithfulness, pressed the knife into her torso (which is when he said, "what a time to die on your birthday"), pressed the knife to her neck. On another occasion he threw his partner onto bitumen. He's walked free as he had already spent 464 days in pre sentence custody... :nooo
Well I guess any pity I had for him and the negative association with that game and the subsequent stuff-up are now out the window.
You may remember me from such forum usernames as hrundi99 and... hrundi99.
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

When I heard Todd Carney had become a Junior Development officer, I was pleased that he could finally work with people of his own maturity level.
LimeGreenMachine
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by LimeGreenMachine »

The phone call that lured Knight to the Rabbitohs

Liam Knight was on his way to Canberra for the start of pre-season training when his phone rang.

"It's Wayne here," said the caller whose number Knight did not recognise.

"I don't know any Wayne," Knight replied.

"It's Wayne Bennett," were the next words Knights heard and he immediately sat up straight in the passenger seat of the car, which was being driven by a friend.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/03/19/why ... s-recruit/
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

Wayne Bennett once again coercing contracted players to his team. Time for the NRL to actually apply the laws they have implemented to protect weaker clubs like Canberra who seem to be a target for poaching.

It’s great for the NRL Commission to say we have taken over control of the television schedule to ensure a fair split of FTA coverage, or to say we have rules to protect players whilst under contract.

But these are continually proving empty words from one of the most inept sports management organisations in Australia. No wonder the AFL is growing into canberra.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

LimeGreenMachine wrote: March 19, 2019, 2:56 pm The phone call that lured Knight to the Rabbitohs

Liam Knight was on his way to Canberra for the start of pre-season training when his phone rang.

"It's Wayne Bennett," were the next words Knights heard and he immediately sat up straight in the passenger seat of the car, which was being driven by a friend.

As if he sat up straight in his seat..

I would have been like.."Yo dog, sup" I'm just cruisin wit me home boys"
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Who answers unknown phone numbers these days?

Let that go to voicemail and then decide whether to block them or not

Nickman's love of NSW
Timbo
David Furner
Favourite Player: Hudson Young

Post by Timbo »

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/eels-set-t ... ece6b3545d

McIlwrick signs with the Eels. I always liked Killer, whenever I see he's managed to snare another 12 month contract I breathe a sigh of releif.
Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is just the train that's about to hit you.
Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

McIlwrick is a better player than having 5 clubs in 6 years. He has probably been unluckly in that he was at Roosters, Sharks and Souths when they were at the top of their game.

I think his best role is as a utility not that dissimilar to how we are going to use Havilli but I think his problem has been that he is a class NSW Cup hooker and that gets him pigeon holed into that position.

Interesting that all the clubs he has played for have (or had at the time) separate teams in NSW Cup. So therefore over the past few years he has played for Raiders, Mounties, Sydney Roosters, Wyong Roos, Cronulla, Newtown, Wests Tigers, Wests Magpies, South Sydney, North Sydney and now Parramatta and presumably Wentworthville!!
Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

LimeGreenMachine wrote: March 19, 2019, 2:56 pm The phone call that lured Knight to the Rabbitohs

Interesting they had on the bench last night Knight and Mark Nichols and then in their 4 reserves Rhys Kennedy. I am not sure that I would take any of them back over what we have with Sutton, Guler, Horsbrough and Murchie coming through.
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: March 20, 2019, 6:45 am Who answers unknown phone numbers these days?

But how would he know if the ATO is going to arrest him??
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

edwahu wrote:
Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: March 20, 2019, 6:45 am Who answers unknown phone numbers these days?

But how would he know if the ATO is going to arrest him??
Just ducking to the shops to get some iTunes cards
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Quentin Pongia speaks about cancer battle as he promotes South Island rugby league

Canberra Raiders great Quentin Pongia remains passionate about reviving rugby league in the South Island of New Zealand despite tackling his own health challenges.

"I can sit there and feel sorry for myself and go and lock myself in the room, but that's not going to do any good for me. I have to get out and make the most of what I've got ... and let friends and family into my life, and stop trying to be this hard exterior that we've been brought up [to be], and not show any emotions."

Read more: https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/11 ... gby-league
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Blake Austin scored 4 in a 63-12 demolition of Hull FC by Warrington
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

-TW- wrote: March 31, 2019, 4:38 am Blake Austin scored 4 in a 63-12 demolition of Hull FC by Warrington
Yeah but let in 3 tries with non existant defence..M I RITE ??
Brew
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Blake Austin

Post by Brew »

-TW- wrote:Blake Austin scored 4 in a 63-12 demolition of Hull FC by Warrington
Did you see the massive Dummy he threw for the second try?

Worked in his first year with us in the NRL, but no one fell for it after that. ESL will take a while to figure him out but the defence is so open there he will still carve up

In Ricky We Trust
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

It's very 2015esk for him at the moment

He'll get worked out pretty quickly
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Former Canberra Raiders player Travis Waddell makes debut for Wellington Cowboys

Travis Waddell has linked with the Wellington Cowboys for this season, and the former NRL player is already learning just how passionate the Wellington players and fans are. While playing for Wellington he is living in Dubbo.

"I never pictured myself coming here," he said. "It's really weird how it turned out. People have been asking me why I've moved to Dubbo but this is a great change for me. My partner wanted to get away from life in Brisbane as well, it was too hectic."

Read more: https://www.wellingtontimes.com.au/stor ... n-waddell/

Major NRL stars rally behind Todd Carney after he confirms romance with Married at First Sight villain Susie Bradley... including Jarrod Croker and Mitchell Pearce: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/a ... adley.html
Raiders Lim!
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Raiders Lim! »

Brad Drew selling property in the Riff

BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

Raiders Lim! wrote:Brad Drew selling property in the Riff Image

Hope he sells real estate better than he sells dummy’s.