19%
Titans 13+
12%

Total votes: 26

T_R
Don Furner

Re: 2019 Rd 1 V Titans: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by T_R »

Seriously though, where's Matt's Match Ups?

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

T_R wrote: March 14, 2019, 5:38 pm Seriously though, where's Matt's Match Ups?
He's too busy with all his various radio shows, podcasts and facebook live appearances for you plebs.

Wait your turn.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Hopefully tomorrow I guess!
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

What about Pigman is a ****?? Are we still doing that??
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Yes, but full time. Not a segment
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

greeneyed wrote:
Hopefully tomorrow I guess!
I really don't know why he bothers

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

gangrenous wrote:Yes, but full time. Not a segment Image
Are we actually making it official now?

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

John Bateman signing a show of Canberra Raiders intent – Elliott Whitehead

John Bateman's signing is an indication that Canberra Raiders are serious about reaching the NRL Finals, according to Elliott Whitehead.

"He's a quality player and he's going to bring a lot to our team, he showed that in Super League – how good he is. To sign someone like him shows that Canberra are going in the right direction to get back into the finals."

Read more: https://www.aol.co.uk/sport/2019/03/14/ ... whitehead/
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Bryan Fletcher predicts Canberra Raiders will concede most points in the competition in Round 1.
roneel78
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Campese

Post by roneel78 »

greeneyed wrote:Bryan Fletcher predicts Canberra Raiders will concede most points in the competition in Round 1.
And Mark Geyer predicted one of Titans/Raiders to win the spoon on Triple M.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

When two of the games greatest thinkers (excluding Ricky of course) in Fletcher and Geyer throw out those predictions it's time to start planning for 2020.

T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

roneel78 wrote:
greeneyed wrote:Bryan Fletcher predicts Canberra Raiders will concede most points in the competition in Round 1.
And Mark Geyer predicted one of Titans/Raiders to win the spoon on Triple M.

Honestly though, on trial form you'd have to say neither are outrageous predictions.

Let's prove 'em wrong.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
TongueFTW
Dean Lance

Post by TongueFTW »

We conceded 20 points against the worst attack in the NRL (Bulldogs), and allowed them to roll forward with ease. Based on that form (which is all we have this year to go on), saying we are going to struggle is completely reasonable.
roneel78
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Campese

Post by roneel78 »

Worst attack in the NrL? What do you base that on? They weren’t the worst last year and finished the year quite well....they put 36 on newcastle in newcastle, 36 on the broncos, 27 on the warriors, 38 on the dragons at kogarah.

TongueFTW
Dean Lance

Post by TongueFTW »

roneel78 wrote: March 15, 2019, 7:22 am Worst attack in the NrL? What do you base that on? They weren’t the worst last year and finished the year quite well....they put 36 on newcastle in newcastle, 36 on the broncos, 27 on the warriors, 38 on the dragons at kogarah.

Basing that on the fact that they have lost the Morris boys and Klemmer who was their primary metre eater, not to mention Mbye. Slice it however you want, the trial performance in the first half was embarrassing. The only argument against it is the old "trials don't mean anything" - we were slapped by a team most predict at this stage (with the information available), will likely finish in the bottom 3.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

I don't get the clear underrating of the Bulldogs. Considering their roster they played with plenty of spirit and were pretty good last year. Even when they lost they were very competitive.

TongueFTW
Dean Lance

Post by TongueFTW »

I am not underrating the Bulldogs - they will likely have an OK season - the point is if we want to challenge for a top 8 spot, we cannot be conceding 20 points in a half to them.
Woodgers
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Nick Cotric

Post by Woodgers »

I'm not even sure why people get annoyed by predictions nowadays. People are paid to fill air time and make predictions and they have to nominate someone. I'd suggest barely any thought is put into it. In the case of someone like Fletcher, he's more of an entertainer than a football analyst now but his link to the game allows for his thoughts on footy matters. I say good on him and guys like MG for getting cushy jobs after footy.
We continue to **** about with blokes that are part of some fraternity. It's infuriating.
Timbo
David Furner
Favourite Player: Hudson Young

Post by Timbo »

I heard three 'experts' last night saying the Bronco's were their premiership favourites.

We have three better in-play kicking options than the Bronco's have on their entire roster. Fat Tony and Nikorima are the embodiment of 'hit and hope'. They're as much chance of the title as the Eels are.
Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is just the train that's about to hit you.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Woodgers wrote: March 15, 2019, 8:20 am I'm not even sure why people get annoyed by predictions nowadays. People are paid to fill air time and make predictions and they have to nominate someone. I'd suggest barely any thought is put into it. In the case of someone like Fletcher, he's more of an entertainer than a football analyst now but his link to the game allows for his thoughts on footy matters. I say good on him and guys like MG for getting cushy jobs after footy.
Haha look, I agree too. I think what happens is Raiders fans see the so-called experts not rating our team and get all furious and "let's not listen to them" about it, when in reality, the experts see a team that has failed to make the 8 the last two seasons and is largely unchanged. I honestly can't blame them for rating us how they do.

Personally, I think we'll make the 8, but that's only because we SHOULD have the last two seasons as well. It's well within our power.
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Parra beat a nearly full strength panthers 20 blot in their last trial. Going off that the panthers will get the spoon and the eels will make the 8.
I'm sure all of us have adjusted our ladder predictions accordingly.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

VIDEO: Canberra Raiders' English quartet recreate Abbey Road photo

Check out the behind the scenes footage as the green machine's English quartet recreated the Beatles famous Abbey Road album photo.

Video: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/03 ... oad-photo/

Training Gallery: Raiders v Titans: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/03 ... -v-titans/
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Classic. Love the use of 'no boots' to simulate Paul McCartney's bare feet and the fact he was 'out of step' on the crossing to John, George and Ringo.

I'm waiting for some young Green Houser to say 'Who are the Beatles?' 'Shouldn't it be spelt Beetles?' and 'What is Abbey Road?'

Cranky, GE et al and I will wander down Memory Lane.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

zim wrote: March 15, 2019, 10:29 am Parra beat a nearly full strength panthers 20 blot in their last trial. Going off that the panthers will get the spoon and the eels will make the 8.
I'm sure all of us have adjusted our ladder predictions accordingly.
Yeah, trial form really means diddly squat. They are to build match fitness, try a few different things and get a feel for the game again after several months off.

It's also an opportunity for fringe players to impress the coach. We saw in our trial vs Dogs guys like Paps and Whitey goung through the motions while Royce Hunt was ripping in like it was Origin.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Meet the Canberra Raiders fullback taking his second Charnze at NRL career

Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad. New team, new country, new chance to stake his claim as an NRL footballer.

“I saw it as an opportunity for a fresh start. I was struggling to get game time and I had been there for three years so I felt like I needed to move,” he said. “I felt like I was going to training, doing the same stuff. So I feel refreshed moving here.”

Read more: https://the-riotact.com/meet-the-raider ... _source=ra
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Life as a Raiders supporter is an emotional roller coaster, but I jump on it every year
Tim Gavel

So here we go again: Brimming with optimism after a lengthy off-season filled with talk that the players are fitter than they were this time last season. Another cause for optimism is more about hope than anything else; hope that the side has learned from the pain of last season with three losses by two points or less to start their campaign.

But surely this isn’t normal behaviour? It is, however, what we do as Raiders supporters as many on The Greenhouse website will attest.

Read more: https://the-riotact.com/life-as-a-raide ... ear/290455
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

greeneyed wrote: March 15, 2019, 1:46 pm Life as a Raiders supporter is an emotional roller coaster, but I jump on it every year
Tim Gavel

So here we go again: Brimming with optimism after a lengthy off-season filled with talk that the players are fitter than they were this time last season. Another cause for optimism is more about hope than anything else; hope that the side has learned from the pain of last season with three losses by two points or less to start their campaign.

But surely this isn’t normal behaviour? It is, however, what we do as Raiders supporters as many on The Greenhouse website will attest.

It's what we do Tim !!!
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Joseph 'the worm' Tapine

Post by 1992 »

RedRaider wrote: March 15, 2019, 11:54 am Classic. Love the use of 'no boots' to simulate Paul McCartney's bare feet and the fact he was 'out of step' on the crossing to John, George and Ringo.

I'm waiting for some young Green Houser to say 'Who are the Beatles?' 'Shouldn't it be spelt Beetles?' and 'What is Abbey Road?'

Isn't that the band that just copied The Monkees?
WHAT A LONG STRANGE TRIP IT'S BEEN
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

1992 wrote:
RedRaider wrote: March 15, 2019, 11:54 am Classic. Love the use of 'no boots' to simulate Paul McCartney's bare feet and the fact he was 'out of step' on the crossing to John, George and Ringo.

Isn't that the band that just copied The Monkees?
easybeat wannabes

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

'No excuses' for Canberra Raiders against Gold Coast Titans: Ricky Stuart

No excuses. Not the new halves pairing. Not the raft of debutantes. Not the revamped defence. Not even the Sydney storms that wreaked havoc with their travel plans.

"We've had a lot of preparation and training around it. Now it's about individual performance in regards to both sides - defence and attack - and the overall result comes back to the individual performance. I'm expecting everyone to play well. We've had a very good off-season and there's certainly no excuses," Ricky Stuart said.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/ ... 514fz.html
Leebola
Brett Mullins

Post by Leebola »

greeneyed wrote: March 15, 2019, 1:46 pm Life as a Raiders supporter is an emotional roller coaster, but I jump on it every year
Tim Gavel

Poor analogy, Tim. Rollercoasters have ups as well as downs.
Green Taipan
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Big Mal

Post by Green Taipan »

I have hope for this season (well every season until reality bites) thanks to a fresh looking more mobile team. Line speed is everything in RL and having more agile forwards should help in this area but combinations and team cohesion are a work in progress. This season has to be Ricky's last chance to get it right.
It's a simple game; tackle, back-up, pass, hold the ball! What did I say? "Hold the bloody ball!!"
Gold member 2023
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

@BrentFord26 on Twitter:

2CC's Canberra Raiders Live Show starts tonight at 6pm. Big special guest in Don Furner live from the Gold Coast, should be a lot of fun and we'll be giving away tickets to next week game against the Storm.

You can listen live on line at: http://2cc.net.au/
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

There will be no excuses. Heres a list of excuses that wont be ours. These are just a list of excuses for clarity that we wont be using these things as excuses
Dont delete this GE
LimeGreenMachine
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by LimeGreenMachine »

The weather for the next 2 days is similar to the last 2 days and we have had a couple of ripper of Storms. All around kick off time.

Sent from my SM-N960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk