6%
Bulldogs 13+
13%

Total votes: 16

-TW-
Mal Meninga

Re: 2019 Trial 2 V Bulldogs: Teams and Game Day *Teams p1*

Post by -TW- »

Brown mountains not that steep, been down there on coaches plenty of times in school
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

-TW- wrote: February 19, 2019, 7:49 pm Brown mountains not that steep, been down there on coaches plenty of times in school
Was this dude driving your school bus?

* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I'm always very careful on Brown Mountain. The Snowy Mountains Highway is also pretty nasty though, getting down the escarpment.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Are you that car that has like 15 cars stuck behind cause you're going 30kmh
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I travel at the speed limit.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Aidan Sezer steps up for a revamped Canberra Raiders attack

Canberra Raiders halfback Aidan Sezer is determined to play a more dominant hand as he prepares to harness control of an outfit reshaping its audacious attacking philosophy.

"Seze has really stepped it up a notch this year, he knows he is the halfback of the side and he has got to lead the side around with Hodgo," co-captain Jarrod Croker said. "It’ll really free Jack up, Aidan will control a lot of it, Jack is a very strong runner and a powerful defender. It’s been really good at training, it’ll be good to see the combination there on Saturday night.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/ ... 50yps.html
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

greeneyed wrote: February 20, 2019, 1:51 pm Aidan Sezer steps up for a revamped Canberra Raiders attack

Canberra Raiders halfback Aidan Sezer is determined to play a more dominant hand as he prepares to harness control of an outfit reshaping its audacious attacking philosophy.

"Seze has really stepped it up a notch this year, he knows he is the halfback of the side and he has got to lead the side around with Hodgo," co-captain Jarrod Croker said. "It’ll really free Jack up, Aidan will control a lot of it, Jack is a very strong runner and a powerful defender. It’s been really good at training, it’ll be good to see the combination there on Saturday night.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/ ... 50yps.html
I am really happy about everything Crokes has said there, this is EXACTLY how I hope the Sezer/Wighton halves combo works.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

How Bega secured the Canberra Raiders NRL trial: The inside story
Tim Gavel

A new zoning system implemented by the NSW Rugby League two years ago has resulted in the Raiders assuming responsibility for some of the costs for developing players in areas such as Bega, Wagga Wagga, Cooma and Young. The Raiders receive first pick in selecting players from their allocated group. It is one of the reasons why the Raiders have opted to play a trial in Bega.

Read more: https://the-riotact.com/how-bega-secure ... ory/287632
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Ricky Stuart’s gamble could make or break the Canberra Raiders season

The signing of boom Warriors youngster Charnze Nicoll-Kloksad to play fullback in early 2019 looks as though it confirms what we’ve been hearing all off-season, that Jack Wighton will be moving into the play-making positions at five-eighth.

Given their salary cap restraints, the Raiders have had to take a risk from within their squad. To move their only recognised fullback into the halves following a horror 2018 season … well, that is a risk to say the very least. But, I’m all for the change.

Read more: https://www.zerotackle.com/rickys-gambl ... son-40520/
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

I'm all for it too!
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

VIDEO: Canberra Raiders co-captain Josh Hodgson enjoying change of scene on the South Coast

Raiders co-captain Josh Hodgson admits that the Raiders are enjoying the benefits of training down in the South Coast as the side get ready for Saturday's trial match against the Bulldogs in Bega.

Video: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/02 ... uth-coast/

Gallery: Bega Trial Day One: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/02 ... l-day-one/

Video: Over the past couple of weeks the players have been getting ready for the 2019 season by completing all of their media requirements. This includes getting their 2019 head shots, big screen animations for GIO Stadium as well as profile pieces for Fox Sports and Channel 9: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/02 ... edia-week/
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

greeneyed wrote:Ricky Stuart: Canberra Raiders new halves pair must prove themselves before round one

Canberra Raiders coach Ricky Stuart says his new halves pairing Jack Wighton and Aidan Sezer will have to prove themselves in a trial this week before they get the nod for round one.

"That [round one selection] will come down to their performance this weekend against Canterbury, they have to perform," Stuart said. "We’ve got a couple of other players who can play in those positions as well. Like the players, we’re hoping everybody comes out and trials very well and performance is important."

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/ ... 50ygw.html

Video: Ricky Stuart speaks about the Raiders Bega trial: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/02 ... ogs-trial/
I don’t believe that for a second. If his Golden Boy Jack has a complete shocker he will still be picked at 6.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

"Bailey is a very raw young boy who has not had a lot of experience at rugby league but I thought he trialled (sic) very well.

I agree with the first part, but he had a shocker in the trial.
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

LastRaider wrote:
greeneyed wrote:Ricky Stuart: Canberra Raiders new halves pair must prove themselves before round one

Canberra Raiders coach Ricky Stuart says his new halves pairing Jack Wighton and Aidan Sezer will have to prove themselves in a trial this week before they get the nod for round one.

"That [round one selection] will come down to their performance this weekend against Canterbury, they have to perform," Stuart said. "We’ve got a couple of other players who can play in those positions as well. Like the players, we’re hoping everybody comes out and trials very well and performance is important."

Video: Ricky Stuart speaks about the Raiders Bega trial: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/02 ... ogs-trial/
I don’t believe that for a second. If his Golden Boy Jack has a complete shocker he will still be picked at 6.

Furthermore Sezer historically plays his best games against the Dogs, his junior side. So it's hard to get an accurate gauge on him in this game.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Northern Raider wrote:
-TW- wrote: February 19, 2019, 7:49 pm Brown mountains not that steep, been down there on coaches plenty of times in school
Was this dude driving your school bus?

Manbush? I hope not

Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

I wonder if Hingano would be 6 of he didnt injure his shoulder

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Personally, I would hope not.
Woodgers
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Nick Cotric

Post by Woodgers »

LastRaider wrote: February 20, 2019, 5:14 pm

Or that he'd finally drop Sezer and the straw that broke the camel's back was a trial against Canterbury at Bega.

Let's be honest, this game is nothing but a contest to see who really is Big Papi. Both sides have an enforcer claiming that title.
We continue to **** about with blokes that are part of some fraternity. It's infuriating.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

greeneyed wrote:Personally, I would hope not.
Me either.

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders coach Ricky Stuart wants John Bateman to focus on one position

Raiders recruit John Bateman played centre, lock and second row during his final year at Wigan, but coach Ricky Stuart wants him to focus on one position.

"He gives us wonderful utility value but I want to nail down a position for him, so he can focus and train on that one role," Stuart said. "I don't want him to train like a utility player. Bateman gives me that opportunity to push one of those edge players into the middle, or play Johnny in the middle. So he does give me good versatility."

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/02/21/can ... -forwards/
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Woodgers wrote: February 20, 2019, 7:16 pm
LastRaider wrote: February 20, 2019, 5:14 pm

Or that he'd finally drop Sezer and the straw that broke the camel's back was a trial against Canterbury at Bega.

Let's be honest, this game is nothing but a contest to see who really is Big Papi. Both sides have an enforcer claiming that title.
:lol:
I hope we get to see Horsburgh vs Napa. Red nut on red nut action is what the public wants.
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

Ive actually seen enough of napa in action
Dont delete this GE
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Dot Chapman champions Canberra Raiders for NRL trial result

Raiders diehard fan Dot Chapman believes it's a foregone conclusion for Saturday's NRL trial.

"It will be a good game, but the 'Dogs are going to be left sad," she says with a laugh.

A former Canberran, Dot said she had followed the Queanbeyan Blues rugby club where Ricky Stuart played and when he joined the Raiders in their debut season they instantly became her team.

Read more: https://www.begadistrictnews.com.au/sto ... ne/?cs=510
Sid
Ricky Stuart

Post by Sid »

can Dot play fullback?

-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Sid wrote: February 21, 2019, 2:19 pm can Dot play fullback?
More a winger I'm hearing..

And speed to burn.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Danaman137
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Clinton Schifcofske

Post by Danaman137 »

Just watched the video on raiders Facebook with whitehead and Hodgo running drinks for the kids at a local footy carnival. The blokes look like they’re genuinely enjoying getting out and giving to the community. Great stuff to see. Whiteheads such a funny bloke too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sid
Ricky Stuart

Post by Sid »

Danaman137 wrote: February 21, 2019, 3:29 pm Just watched the video on raiders Facebook with whitehead and Hodgo running drinks for the kids at a local footy carnival. The blokes look like they’re genuinely enjoying getting out and giving to the community. Great stuff to see. Whiteheads such a funny bloke too Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I caught a bit of the clip.. Whitehead naming the kids after current Raiders players including himself :lol:

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders co-captain Josh Hodgson backs young gun to fill Jack Wighton void at fullback

Canberra Raiders co-captain Josh Hodgson has backed Kiwi recruit Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad to fill the void left at fullback by Jack Wighton.

"It's been really refreshing seeing the young kids' attitude in that they haven't sat on their heels and they're forcing [coach] Ricky's hand and giving him a few headaches. The young kids have really impressed. [Nicoll-Klokstad] looks really sharp, he's a natural out the back and is good with his numbers.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/ ... 50z9h.html

Video: Mic'd up: Elliott Whitehead: Raiders forward Elliott Whitehead was mic'd up as the Raiders players helped run water out for the junior teams participating at the school rugby league carnival in Pambula earlier today: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/02 ... whitehead/

Video: Raiders on the South Coast: Check out the highlights from what the Canberra Raiders team have been up to since arriving in the South Coast earlier this week. The squad have spread themselves out over Bega, Merimbula, Pambula and Tathra as they prepare for Saturday's trial in Bega: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/02 ... uth-coast/
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

Still a bit bemused by mentions of Oldfield being a fullback option. Bloke is an out and out winger I was even weirded out when they used him at centre not Cotric.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
Dusty
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Past:Daley
Present: Hodgson

Post by Dusty »

julian87 wrote:Still a bit bemused by mentions of Oldfield being a fullback option. Bloke is an out and out winger I was even weirded out when they used him at centre not Cotric.
I agree, a very solid/good winger... that’s it though imo

2020: 1. Nicol-Klokstad 2. Cotric 3. Croker (c) 4 Leilua 5. Scott 6. Wighton 7. G. Williams 8. Papalii 9. Hodgson (c) 10. Sutton 11. J. Bateman 12. Whitehead 13. Tapine ----
14. Simmonson 15. Soliola 16. Guler 17. Horsburgh
Postman Pat
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Hodgson

Post by Postman Pat »

julian87 wrote:Still a bit bemused by mentions of Oldfield being a fullback option. Bloke is an out and out winger I was even weirded out when they used him at centre not Cotric.
Agree, and I think Ricky knows it. Otherwise we wouldn’t be taking a punt on a reserve grader for the Warriors.

Member no: RAI-2913997

Dare To Dream, and believe in Green, for 2019.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

How Canberra Raiders back Jack Wighton caught a horse fishing

In the unlikeliest of circumstances, Canberra Raiders playmaker Jack Wighton has come to the rescue of a drowning galloper in the Moruya River on a recent holiday with his young family. It took Wighton 15 minutes to calm Bellegano and, with one hand holding his kayak and the other on the horse’s headstall, he swam her back to the family.

“She finally let me swim her over to her owners and they were pretty stoked,” Wighton said.

Read more: https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport ... 94e7900a33
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Say what you want about the Raiders, but we really do produce a better class of redemption article.

I'd class this as second only to Todd Carney changing an old lady's tyre.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Keghead
Noa Nadruku

Post by Keghead »

T_R wrote: February 21, 2019, 8:47 pm Say what you want about the Raiders, but we really do produce a better class of redemption article.

So the story is made up you think.... know all?

You really are a sook of the highest caliber.

Blow your nose and accept your opinion means diddly squat.
Last edited by Keghead on February 21, 2019, 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Keghead wrote:
T_R wrote: February 21, 2019, 8:47 pm Say what you want about the Raiders, but we really do produce a better class of redemption article.

So the story is made up you think.... know all?

You really are a sook of the highest caliber.
Settle down, champ. I was laughing at the DT, not our resident bad boy.

You don't have to come riding in astride of Bellegano each time some mentions Jack, you know.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.