What more could be said really?

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
Rickmando
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Re: Ricky Stuart coaching

Post by Rickmando »

Why the mysterious title change? Is someone back on the kool-aid again???

47 pages of Sack Ricky sentiment, now watered down? This club will go nowhere until he is sacked, pure and simple. Watch for this thread to be on fire by mid-season
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

haha, what a strange thing to edit.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

It’s a moderators job- if we’re already sacking Ricky before the first trial then by 2 games in he’ll have to change the title to “Wicker Man Ricky at the next home game!”
yurithe1
David Furner
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by yurithe1 »

I wouldn't put too much stock in whatever tonight's trial game result is. Ricky's running the B Team IMO, which must be a bit of a kick in the guts to a few of those players especially Williams and new boy Ryan Sutton.

Meanwhile, Eels have named a side featuring more NRL regulars including Junior Paulo since it's the only trial they're playing this year. I think we can guess the result.
Some people talk about the weather. Others do something about it.

MEMBER NO.: 4500 (before they changed the numbering system).
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

yurithe1 wrote: February 15, 2019, 10:13 am I wouldn't put too much stock in whatever tonight's trial game result is. Ricky's running the B Team IMO, which must be a bit of a kick in the guts to a few of those players especially Williams and new boy Ryan Sutton.

Meanwhile, Eels have named a side featuring more NRL regulars including Junior Paulo since it's the only trial they're playing this year. I think we can guess the result.
The Eels are playing more than one.
Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Green eyed Mick »

Why the thread title change?
thedevilingreen
Alan Tongue
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by thedevilingreen »

LastRaider wrote:Bump

Starting this conversation again

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
I'm all for sacking Ricky but can we at least wait until we blow the first 3 games. I'm going to tell you the same thing I tell my kids every weekend... it's too early for this crap

Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Always be yourself.... Unless you can be batman.... Then you should always be batman
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

yurithe1 wrote: February 15, 2019, 10:13 am I wouldn't put too much stock in whatever tonight's trial game result is. Ricky's running the B Team IMO, which must be a bit of a kick in the guts to a few of those players especially Williams and new boy Ryan Sutton.

No one who’s looked at this would ever put any stock into the results of a pre season game.
Getting out of it injury free and seeing where the fitness levels are, and seeing how someone like Ryan Sutton looks individually, those are the types of things to look for

I couldn’t care less if we win by 50 or lose by 50
Teams have entirely different ideas on what they want to get out of pre season games.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

No one who’s looked at this would ever put any stock into the results of a pre season game.
Getting out of it injury free and seeing where the fitness levels are, and seeing how someone like Ryan Sutton looks individually, those are the types of things to look for

I couldn’t care less if we win by 50 or lose by 50
Teams have entirely different ideas on what they want to get out of pre season games.

Just one example... every time i've researched the matter it's been clear that there is no real correlation between a good pre season results and a good season
https://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/14/spor ... r-yes.html
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

must win game...
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Green eyed Mick »

I agree to an extent but a trial is still a game of footy. These guys should be physically and mentally preparing just as they would be doing in a competition match.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

That's just... that's just not how it works, in any sport.

The players cant prepare physically and mentally the same as they would for a game that matters when they are know this game does not matter

Mentally, you just cant replicate the pressure to perform when it counts knowing full well this game doesn't. Similar to a job interview, you can do mock interviews or rehearse your talking points all you like. But you can't replicate the feeling and pressure of the real deal.
And physically, the simple reality for guys who are locked into their spots, the regular FGers... they're preparing to knock some rust off, get a gauge on how match fit they are, and MOST importantly (and this is stressed by the coaches all the time) stay healthy.

And yes, yes, yes, i get it! You can get injured in training! You can be hit by a car! blah blah blah. It's risk management. You are far more likely to get hurt if you're out there pushing yourself to your limits like you do in a game that counts.
I could walk outside and get hit by a bus, it's true! But you dont needlessly and recklessly increase those chances by doing blind cartwheels across the Civic interchange intersection. The guys will play football, but their main outcome here is to avoid injuries. I dont care how physical or mentally read you are, you cant help anyone from the Rehab room.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Sid wrote: February 15, 2019, 1:25 pm must win game...
Yep..

Lose tonight and we miss the finals.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

I just can't imagine Craig Bellamy or Trent Robinson telling their players any match doesn't matter. Call it pride in the jersey or accountability for performance. Apart from match fitness/combinations even the successful sides want to gain some new season confidence. No one wants injury, at any stage of the season. But go into a match half hearted and that is a recipe for injury/loss of confidence.

Only a coach who knows his job is not on the line would have this 'save ourselves for the finals' mindset. That is not on Sticky, that is on those who appoint and monitor/care about coaching performance.
sprintman
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by sprintman »

Raiders reserve grade are playing Eels first grade tonight. It’s a trial and nothing more
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

RedRaider wrote: February 15, 2019, 2:12 pm I just can't imagine Craig Bellamy or Trent Robinson telling their players any match doesn't matter. Call it pride in the jersey or accountability for performance. Apart from match fitness/combinations even the successful sides want to gain some new season confidence. No one wants injury, at any stage of the season. But go into a match half hearted and that is a recipe for injury/loss of confidence.
Agreed.
Woodgers
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Nick Cotric

Post by Woodgers »

We better not get thrashed by 50 Pigman or i'll be demanding a review of the review. Then i'll want that document evaluated. Then that document cross referenced to inform the review of the evaluation. I don't care if we do more frivolous reviews than Shane Watson, we'll finally get one right.
We continue to **** about with blokes that are part of some fraternity. It's infuriating.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Pigman wrote: Just one example... every time i've researched the matter it's been clear that there is no real correlation between a good pre season results and a good season
https://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/14/spor ... r-yes.html
I would propose to you that NFL is not a great example here as it doesn’t seem to be a stamina sport.

No one here is demanding that we win. I don’t care if we lose because we spend all game messing with the combinations. What I want to see is Ricky settling on first grade combinations in his trials and checking match fitness in his top 17, not **** around with 18-40 who will contribute 2/5ths of **** all to our premiership chances.

How many NFL teams are experimenting with line-ups while they start a season 0-4 piggles?
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

A decent amount actually
:lol:

Most of them bad football teams who know they’re bad and are already planning around the draft in 10 months time haha

But you can look at any sport, Greeny
I’m very familiar with the nfl side but I’ve looked at NRL, AFL, Football, Baseball, Basketball

No correlations anywhere
You’ve nailed it though, you want the coach to be settling on combinations, the players to be making sure they’re match fit and ready to rip in round 1

That’s it
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

I am unconvinced Stuart will do either
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

gangrenous wrote: February 15, 2019, 6:21 pm I am unconvinced Stuart will do either
Im unconvinced he knows what the **** he's doing
Im pretty convinced he's a bad coach.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

The man is a genius, playing a b team against a basically full strength Parra team.. masterstroke
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

Green eyed Mick wrote:Why the thread title change?
Yeah it took me a while to find it to bump it up. Can the moderators change the thread name back to the normal name please?

LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

Woodgers wrote:We better not get thrashed by 50 Pigman or i'll be demanding a review of the review. Then i'll want that document evaluated. Then that document cross referenced to inform the review of the evaluation. I don't care if we do more frivolous reviews than Shane Watson, we'll finally get one right.
Hahaha I’m laughing my my a&@$ off!

gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

-TW- wrote:The man is a genius, playing a b team against a basically full strength Parra team.. masterstroke
The ink is drying on that 'contract extension' paperwork.

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

As it turns out Peter Marrapodi was coaching tonight!
LimeGreenMachine
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by LimeGreenMachine »

You shouldnt have said anything GE , now they will want Ricky sacked and replaced with Peter
Woodgers
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Nick Cotric

Post by Woodgers »

Marrapodi has spent an hour on the phone to Sticky this morning explaining how he closes out the tight games.
We continue to **** about with blokes that are part of some fraternity. It's infuriating.
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

greeneyed wrote:As it turns out Peter Marrapodi was coaching tonight!
Did Supercoach attend?

FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Ricky Stuart coaching

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

Stick finally makes sense to me now

He’s been playing RDR2. Dutch Van Der Stick
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:Stick finally makes sense to me now

He’s been playing RDR2. Dutch Van Der Stick
ImageImageImageImage

“I have a plan. You just need to trust me.”

“I need time.”
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

Only difference is Dutch Van Der Stick prefers to go to Fiji instead oh Tahiti

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Looks like Jason Stevens.