Canberra Raiders look to upgrade and extend contract for Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

BJ
Steve Walters

Re: Charnze Nicoll Klokstad signs with Canberra Raiders

Post by BJ »

When I heard we had signed Charnze I thought it sounded like the name of a new Raiderette who looked something like this.

zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2019

Post by zim »

LimeGreenMachine wrote: February 8, 2019, 7:07 am ISP highlights

Looks like he can pass left and right. That puts him ahead of Cotric and Abbey if you wanna run a ball playing fullback.
Keghead
Noa Nadruku

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2019

Post by Keghead »

Sid wrote: February 8, 2019, 7:08 am Round 1

1. Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad
6. Wighton
7. Sezer
9.Hodgson

Oldfield on the right wing
Jeez let him unpack his bags first. :)
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

greeneyed wrote: February 8, 2019, 10:02 am Canberra Raiders sign New Zealand Warriors outside back Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad

The Canberra Raiders have signed New Zealand Warriors outside back Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad.

"I'm looking forward to the opportunity that’s presented itself, will be challenging yet an enjoyable experience," he said. "God has been so good through this whole process and can’t wait to see what he has planned for me and my tribe moving forward."

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/ ... 50wgi.html
Honest, DFJ just can't win, can he. He finally recruits someone who has played rugby league before, and God gets all the credit.
Doesn't seem fair.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
-GD-
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga, Terry Campese, Troy Thompson

Post by -GD- »

Really happy with this signing.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

T_R wrote: February 8, 2019, 10:38 am
greeneyed wrote: February 8, 2019, 10:02 am Canberra Raiders sign New Zealand Warriors outside back Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad

The Canberra Raiders have signed New Zealand Warriors outside back Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad.

"I'm looking forward to the opportunity that’s presented itself, will be challenging yet an enjoyable experience," he said. "God has been so good through this whole process and can’t wait to see what he has planned for me and my tribe moving forward."

Honest, DFJ just can't win, can he. He finally recruits someone who has played rugby league before, and God gets all the credit.
Doesn't seem fair.
Pretty sure he was referring to Ricky there, m8.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Based on his Instagram Stories, just landed in Canberra. No messing around!
Timbo
David Furner
Favourite Player: Hudson Young

Post by Timbo »

Good feet at the line, seems to looks the goods in support.

This makes me feel slightly more comfortable about our backline depth. I'm still hoping very much that Edwards is in the mix. Otherwise I've got CNK playing fullback round 1 with Oldfield on the wing.
Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is just the train that's about to hit you.
Dusty
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Past:Daley
Present: Hodgson

Post by Dusty »

It’s not the Rapana cover signing apparently

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
2020: 1. Nicol-Klokstad 2. Cotric 3. Croker (c) 4 Leilua 5. Scott 6. Wighton 7. G. Williams 8. Papalii 9. Hodgson (c) 10. Sutton 11. J. Bateman 12. Whitehead 13. Tapine ----
14. Simmonson 15. Soliola 16. Guler 17. Horsburgh
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

Dusty wrote: February 8, 2019, 11:11 am It’s not the Rapana cover signing apparently

ugh
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

The Nickman wrote: February 8, 2019, 10:51 am

Doesn't seem fair.
:roflmao

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Dusty
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Past:Daley
Present: Hodgson

Re: Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad signs with Canberra Raiders

Post by Dusty »

Sid wrote:
Dusty wrote: February 8, 2019, 11:11 am It’s not the Rapana cover signing apparently

ugh
Saw a reporter on Twitter tweet it.

@Super_Couch

It's a 2yr deal and isn't part of the salary cap relief the @RaidersCanberra have available for @RapanaJordan #nrl

https://twitter.com/Super_Couch/status/ ... 1020499968

2020: 1. Nicol-Klokstad 2. Cotric 3. Croker (c) 4 Leilua 5. Scott 6. Wighton 7. G. Williams 8. Papalii 9. Hodgson (c) 10. Sutton 11. J. Bateman 12. Whitehead 13. Tapine ----
14. Simmonson 15. Soliola 16. Guler 17. Horsburgh
greeneyed
Don Furner

Re: Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad signs two year deal with Canberra Raiders

Post by greeneyed »

Nicoll-Klokstad leaves Warriors, set to sign with Raiders

Canberra are set to strengthen their backline depth with the signing of former Warriors outside back Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/02/08/cha ... a-raiders/
Timbo
David Furner

Re: Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad signs with Canberra Raiders

Post by Timbo »

Dusty wrote: February 8, 2019, 11:23 am
Sid wrote:

ugh
Saw a reporter on Twitter tweet it.

@Super_Couch

It's a 2yr deal and isn't part of the salary cap relief the @RaidersCanberra have available for @RapanaJordan #nrl

https://twitter.com/Super_Couch/status/ ... 1020499968

I guess he’s here to play fullback then.

Here’s hoping he’s another Rapana, and not another Howell.
Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is just the train that's about to hit you.
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

So add in Rapanas replacement and that would be a full squad. No suprise good fullback fellas.
luke
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by luke »

The Nickman wrote: February 8, 2019, 10:51 am

Doesn't seem fair.
*Hodgo
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Ok, he looks a solid size, decent step, not a lot of toe for NRL back 3 standard- maybe why he's not quite cracked it.

Looks like he backs up the footy and fights in the tackle. Should be OK on a wing- FB if he just trains the house down and grabs his chance. Oldfield to FB otherwise?

Really one of your wings/centres for most NRL clubs should be a minimum wage or close to guy- its weird we have big dollars throughout our 3/4 line. So I'm happy enough if he and Oldy fill out wing/FB between them while we wait for Rapa's return.

Jack as running 5/8, Hodgo and Sezer do the organising. Jack's ball play at FB was quite good last year though so don't need to sell him short.
Rick
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by Rick »

Article from the Raiders says he wants to play FB

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
LimeGreenMachine
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by LimeGreenMachine »

Yep , the more I think about it he will be playing fullback .
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders sign Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad to two year deal - and he wants to play fullback

The Canberra Raiders have signed New Zealand Warriors back Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad, with the 23-year-old set to join the club effective immediately.

Nicoll-Klokstad has signed a two-year deal with the club and will commence training with the Raiders this week. In an impressive start to his NRL career Nicoll-Klokstad has scored seven tries in his seven appearances in the top grade.

Arriving in Canberra today, Nicoll-Klokstad said he’s excited about the opportunity in front of him and re-uniting with one of his former Warriors teammates.

“I’m very excited, the opportunity to come here was too good to turn down. My family and I are really looking forward to coming to Canberra. This Club has great history and we’re looking forward to learning all about it and learn more about the city of Canberra,” Nicoll-Klokstad said. “I know Ata (Hingano) from my time at the Warriors, I’ll be living with him for a little bit so I’m very excited to get started.”

“We have a big training session tomorrow, I’m looking to rip in straight away and get to know my new teammates.”

With the ability to play a number of positions, Nicoll-Klokstad said he’d be happy to play anywhere in the Raiders 17 but would love the chance to play fullback.

“I’m looking to play at fullback however any position in the NRL I would be grateful for,” he said. “Like I said, I can’t wait to meet all the team and start working hard.”

Raiders Recruitment and High-Performance director Peter Mulholland said the signing of Nicoll-Klokstad gave the Raiders a player who could play several positions.

“Charnze is a very talented player who can play wing, fullback and in the halves,” Mulholland said. “We’re looking forward to him joining the squad and getting himself ready for the season ahead.”

“Charnze is also a wonderful representative for the game off-field and does some great work as an ambassador for Physical Disability Rugby League in New Zealand.”

Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad

NRL Appearances: 7
Tries: 7
NRL Debut: Round 9, New Zealand Warriors v Sydney Roosters, 2017
Position: Fullback/Wing/Halves

Canberra Raiders media release

Nicoll-Klokstad leaves Warriors, signs with Raiders: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/02/08/cha ... a-raiders/
Rickmando
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Post by Rickmando »

Wow, a little bit of cold water might be needed just to temper things a touch. I think some of this excitement is more a function of us not having signed anyone of note for a while, or because of the irrational Abbey-hate that is common place on here.

CNK has some upside, I’m not cricitizing the signing BUT... from the eye-test I remember him being rather small? Do we know if he’s a big enough body to potentially play FB? Not to mention he’s played a whopping SEVEN games in the top grade, all of them on the wing.
Timbo
David Furner

Post by Timbo »

greeneyed wrote: February 8, 2019, 1:15 pm Canberra Raiders Sign Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad to two year deal - and he wants to play fullback

The Canberra Raiders have signed New Zealand Warriors back Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad, with the 23-year-old set to join the club effective immediately on a two year deal.

"I’m very excited, the opportunity to come here was too good to turn down. My family and I are really looking forward to coming to Canberra. This Club has great history and we’re looking forward to learning all about it and learn more about the city of Canberra," Nicoll-Klokstad said. "I’m looking to play at fullback however any position in the NRL I would be grateful for."

Canberra Raiders media release
Ricky must've told him the slot is open if he can make a fist of it. Otherwise why would you up sticks five weeks before the season starts?
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Definitely looks like he's the fullback option.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

mamando wrote: February 8, 2019, 1:20 pm Wow, a little bit of cold water might be needed just to temper things a touch. I think some of this excitement is more a function of us not having signed anyone of note for a while, or because of the irrational Abbey-hate that is common place on here.

CNK has some upside, I’m not cricitizing the signing BUT... from the eye-test I remember him being rather small? Do we know if he’s a big enough body to potentially play FB? Not to mention he’s played a whopping SEVEN games in the top grade, all of them on the wing.
182cms and 86kgs, aged 23.
Keghead
Noa Nadruku

Post by Keghead »

mamando wrote: February 8, 2019, 1:20 pm Wow, a little bit of cold water might be needed just to temper things a touch. I think some of this excitement is more a function of us not having signed anyone of note for a while, or because of the irrational Abbey-hate that is common place on here.

Ahh the voice of reason.

Im thinking Oldfield is probably going to get 1st shot at FB.

And I'm thinking the Rappa money will be used on B.Simmonson.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

greeneyed wrote: February 8, 2019, 1:36 pm

Same height as Abbey, 6' so not small- looks bigger build than Abbey but is listed as lighter...
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

mamando wrote:Wow, a little bit of cold water might be needed just to temper things a touch. I think some of this excitement is more a function of us not having signed anyone of note for a while, or because of the irrational Abbey-hate that is common place on here.

I dont see anybody suggesting this as a huge scoop, but it fills an area where we're a little lacking and that is a bit of depth in the back three. He might be a slight upgrade on Abbey, but might not.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

He's obviously not going to be the same type of defensive fullback Jack would be. The idea with this year's changes we want to rely on fullback saves less often.
You'd be expecting a lot more from CNK in support of other's making breaks rather than what you'd get with Jack where he expends energy charging it up on the 1st and 2nd tackles like another prop.
CJ42
Laurie Daley

Post by CJ42 »

Check the warriors fb post regarding his release, they are pissed.

Timbo
David Furner

Post by Timbo »

CJ42 wrote: February 8, 2019, 2:08 pm Check the warriors fb post regarding his release, they are pissed.

Holy ****, you're not wrong.

The response from their fans is virtually universal anger at the club for letting him go and not giving him a solid crack in their firsts side.

That's a huge positive.
Johno
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Johno »

CJ42 wrote: February 8, 2019, 2:08 pm Check the warriors fb post regarding his release, they are pissed.

Them Kiwis start drinking early bro
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

greeneyed wrote: February 8, 2019, 1:36 pm

They took his profile down off the Warriors site this morning but they had him at 94kgs. Hopefully that's more accurate.
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

Timbo wrote: February 8, 2019, 2:16 pm

The response from their fans is virtually universal anger at the club for letting him go and not giving him a solid crack in their firsts side.

That's a huge positive.
FB is full of nutters. The Warriors forum are disappointed but seem to think his defense isn't great.
Timbo
David Furner

Post by Timbo »

edwahu wrote: February 8, 2019, 2:26 pm
Timbo wrote: February 8, 2019, 2:16 pm

That's a huge positive.
FB is full of nutters. The Warriors forum are disappointed but seem to think his defense isn't great.
True, but you'd expect the odd 'no big loss' or even 'not a lot of room for him' comment. I'm not saying he's the second coming of Schif but it's encouraging.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Welcome to the Canberra Raiders Mr Nicoll-Klokstad.

You can pick up your new bike at reception..
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock: