The Television Thread

Discuss music, movies, TV shows and video games

Moderator: GH Moderators

greeneyed
Don Furner

Re: The Television Thread

Post by greeneyed »

#MAFS Sam HAS to get rid of her as soon as possible!
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

greeneyed wrote:#MAFS Sam HAS to get rid of her as soon as possible!
I'm not sure which one Sam is as I only saw the first 3 episodes and then caught last night's. Who the hell is the brunette who just sat there last night people watching and critiquing everyone - also made the comments about partner swapping and orgies? Don't get me wrong I find most on the show quite weird and somewhere on some sort of spectrum but that brunette just comes across as extremely something else.

On previous years have any of the couple's lasted? I could see maybe the cricketer and the redhead actually working but not many of the others.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Sam is the guy who went off to New Zealand for his ex’s mother’s funeral.

The woman you’re talking about is Innes, who’s not happy as her “husband” Bronson was a stripper. She’s crazy, he’s got to get rid of her too.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

I think they all seem a little unhinged to some degree. I'd imagine all but about 2 of them have very active Instagram accounts. Sam really could have told her what he was doing before bailing? Those two are more likely to kill each other than have a successful relationship.

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Reports are Sam was instantly unhappy with his “wife” and wanted to bail immediately. And he doesn’t last much longer.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

They're all calling him a player. Looks more like a bloated member of the beach boys to me.

FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

gergreg wrote:I think they all seem a little unhinged to some degree.
Would you go on the show if you weren’t?
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Just watched the first episode of "You" on Netflix. Not usually the sort of thing I'd watch, but it was very good, for the genre.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

gergreg wrote:
greeneyed wrote:#MAFS Sam HAS to get rid of her as soon as possible!
I'm not sure which one Sam is as I only saw the first 3 episodes and then caught last night's. Who the hell is the brunette who just sat there last night people watching and critiquing everyone - also made the comments about partner swapping and orgies? Don't get me wrong I find most on the show quite weird and somewhere on some sort of spectrum but that brunette just comes across as extremely something else.

On previous years have any of the couple's lasted? I could see maybe the cricketer and the redhead actually working but not many of the others.

1st season had 1 successful couple I think, my mrs watches it.

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

watched the Fyre Festival doc on Netflix last night
Wow... i didnt know much about this thing before hand but what an absolute **** **** show... just lurching from one million dollar disaster to the next.

Incredible
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Pigman wrote:watched the Fyre Festival doc on Netflix last night
Wow... i didnt know much about this thing before hand but what an absolute **** **** show... just lurching from one million dollar disaster to the next.

Incredible
“It’s not fraud, its false advertising”
Get this man on the Raiders board
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I really enjoyed Fyre. The amazing thing about it was that the offenders filmed it all themselves, even when they were deliberately breaking the law in the final scam.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Yeah I couldn’t believe that. There were so many things that just made me cringe.
Having the get out clause to using the island if they use the Pablo Escobar reference, followed up by them using that in the promotion killed me

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Nickman's love of NSW
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

#MAFS Bronson surely has been paid a HUGE bonus to stay!
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

greeneyed wrote:#MAFS Bronson surely has been paid a HUGE bonus to stay!
I picked it last week. That woman has created a new spectrum to inhabit.

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Good to see Josh and Austin getting through on MKR. Not because I like them, just because they are like that bloke who doesn't post anymore on overdrive... what's his name again?
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

greeneyed wrote:Good to see Josh and Austin getting through on MKR. Not because I like them, just because they are like that bloke who doesn't post anymore on overdrive... what's his name again?
Nickman and Shadow boxer? Wouldn't they be awesome in the kitchen?

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

gergreg wrote: February 11, 2019, 10:09 pm
greeneyed wrote:Good to see Josh and Austin getting through on MKR. Not because I like them, just because they are like that bloke who doesn't post anymore on overdrive... what's his name again?
Nickman and Shadow boxer? Wouldn't they be awesome in the kitchen?

No, I was thinking of that really crazy poster.

#MAFS How DUMB is Sam, responding to Innes?

I feel sorry for Matthew... he did not ask for that complication. As best we know now.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

I only caught a few parts at the end tonight, I'll try catch up tmrw. Maybe they deserve each other. He did say he was attracted to that type. That comment left me shaking my head TBH.

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Just watching #MAFS... and Mike reminds me of T_R!

Which #MAFS character reminds you of which GH character?
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

PS... How does Sam turn up at the dinner party if he actually is contagious with chicken pox?! #MAFS
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

greeneyed wrote: February 13, 2019, 9:25 pm Just watching #MAFS... and Mike reminds me of T_R!

Woah, trouble in paradise.
Mike is one of the most **** blokes on this show. Absolute scumbag.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Mike is the one with the shaved head that told his 'wife' to hurry up and get to the point?

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Well, not that part.
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:
Sid wrote:Is True Detective on Netflix?
I'm due to start a new series now, I'm torn between TD S3, Haunting of Hill House or House of Cards English version (all completely different choices I know..)
Go with Hill House. It’s a cracker and you won’t regret it
Finished this now, it was great. I love films with foreshadowing and this has a ton of it, some I picked up on at the time, others not until later. I’m surprised I hadn’t heard any spoilers for this so that made it a lot better.

Also I had watched The Shining for the first time a couple of months ago and there were some similarities there.
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

#MAFS Thankfully for Matt, he's escaped!
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Frankly, I'd love just about everyone to leave quickly. Get this over with!
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

What a fizzer #MAFS 2019 is proving to be... people just not turning up. You've got to give it to the producers to convince so many people to stay when they simply are getting "doctor's orders" not to turn up!
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

greeneyed wrote:Just watching #MAFS... and Mike reminds me of T_R!

He sounds nice

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I have been watching "Tidying Up with Marie Kondo" on Netflix.

Question for TR... do Japanese people actually kneel and "greet their house" in real life?
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Sid wrote:
Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:
Sid wrote:Is True Detective on Netflix?
I'm due to start a new series now, I'm torn between TD S3, Haunting of Hill House or House of Cards English version (all completely different choices I know..)
Go with Hill House. It’s a cracker and you won’t regret it
Finished this now, it was great. I love films with foreshadowing and this has a ton of it, some I picked up on at the time, others not until later. I’m surprised I hadn’t heard any spoilers for this so that made it a lot better.

Also I had watched The Shining for the first time a couple of months ago and there were some similarities there.
Yeah I really enjoyed it.

Have you seen Castle Rock? It’s not too bad. Based on the Stephen King universe. A lot of Easter eggs from his books

Nickman's love of NSW
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

#MAFS Now there's another "wife" preying on one or more other "husband". This show is compulsive viewing, but they are clearly just deliberately generating this stuff.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

TV legend Mike Willesee dead at 76: https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/t ... cca5eb7de1
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

greeneyed wrote: February 26, 2019, 9:54 pm #MAFS Now there's another "wife" preying on one or more other "husband". This show is compulsive viewing, but they are clearly just deliberately generating this stuff.

Of course! that's the entire point
They dont want happy well matched couples, if they get one it's dumb luck (or in their case, unluck)
They want chaos
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

greeneyed wrote:I have been watching "Tidying Up with Marie Kondo" on Netflix.

Question for TR... do Japanese people actually kneel and "greet their house" in real life?
No, because they're not bonkers.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.