Your gutsy call for the Canberra Raiders 2019 season is...

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

Coastalraider
David Furner
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Re: Your gutsy call for the Canberra Raiders 2019 season is...

Post by Coastalraider »

Pigman wrote: January 19, 2019, 8:29 pm To further Captain Punish's post

The coach, playing group and fans will collectively agree it's time to install a new culture of accountability at all levels of the club, to stop harping on about tight, 50/50 refereeing decisions and their impact on our results.
The Raiders, head to toe, begin to fully embrace a NO EXCUSES culture in which the fans, the coaches and players all hold themselves accountable for their own errors and faults and seek to address them.

As a result the coach is not quoted speaking directly about a specific (perceived or otherwise) officiating error. He is not fined all year. The coach and captains dismissed attempts to goad them into these debates by choosing to simply focus on their own issues, the players react accordingly, not a single member of the playing group is penalised in 2019 for dissent.

The fans react accordingly and adopt this mentality, they slowly ween themselves off the victim-mentality.

All prosper as a result. A new reality emerges from the ashes of 2018. Hope returns. Vibrant but tough football. Led from the front by an English quartet which has powerhouses scrambling to find the next John Bateman, Josh Hodgson, Elliott Whitehead and Ryan Sutton. Fans are delirious. National reporters wonder aloud "who are these Raiders?", whilst local beat writers smirk and file copy which could be surmised succinctly as "we tried to tell you, this is not the Raiders you used to know".

The Raiders storm into the finals, a top 4 spot and a home field advantage. Despite this, concerns remain, is this team really built for a run? Or are they just a flat track bully?

The ever present Melbourne Storm await them in a 2v3 contest. The "first real test" says noted goober Phillip Ronald Gould.

The Raiders come out of the gates with some nerves, they struggle through a tough first half and go into the break down 4. But a reinvigorated Ricky Stuart delivers a message to his troops - "Enough of this mess. It's time to play Raiders football", the Raiders come out in the second half and carve out a win, an unlikely hero - Luke Bateman, they earn the week off but the declining play of the storm is the national story. Is the dynasty over?

Awaiting them in the GF qualifier is the Penrith Panthers, a team choc full with talent. Struggles early in the season are long forgotten after an irresistible run to get them here. They're on a 10 game winning streak. They come into the game confident. They are widely tipped as the favourites to emerge as victors.

The Raiders beat them like a drum, from start to finish. They're never in the game. The narrative emerging from the game is that the Panthers simply didn't show up and whilst this has been a stunning run from the Raiders, they've running into a buzz-saw. The roosters await, looking to establish a dynasty of their own. The Raiders are installed as $3.45 outsiders to win the game. The result is a fait accompli. The celebrations are already underway.

Stunner.

32-18... Raiders win. Josh Hodgson Clive Churchill Medalist.
Parade down Northbourne. Beautiful,wild carnage ensues. The GH rejoices. We were all wrong, we were all right. No one cares. This is only the beginning. Our children revel in the spoils to come.
That’s was downright beautiful.

Unfortunately the inability for the first half of that to happen will stop the second half becoming a reality.
Nadruku
Glenn Lazarus
Favourite Player: Nadruku

Post by Nadruku »

Sam Williams Dally M winner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

RTW wrote:
MrPosh wrote:Semi final loss on golden point.

After leading by 12 with 4 min to go in regulation.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
4.. more like 2
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Pigman wrote:To further Captain Punish's post

The coach, playing group and fans will collectively agree it's time to install a new culture of accountability at all levels of the club, to stop harping on about tight, 50/50 refereeing decisions and their impact on our results.
The Raiders, head to toe, begin to fully embrace a NO EXCUSES culture in which the fans, the coaches and players all hold themselves accountable for their own errors and faults and seek to address them.

As a result the coach is not quoted speaking directly about a specific (perceived or otherwise) officiating error. He is not fined all year. The coach and captains dismissed attempts to goad them into these debates by choosing to simply focus on their own issues, the players react accordingly, not a single member of the playing group is penalised in 2019 for dissent.

The fans react accordingly and adopt this mentality, they slowly ween themselves off the victim-mentality.

All prosper as a result. A new reality emerges from the ashes of 2018. Hope returns. Vibrant but tough football. Led from the front by an English quartet which has powerhouses scrambling to find the next John Bateman, Josh Hodgson, Elliott Whitehead and Ryan Sutton. Fans are delirious. National reporters wonder aloud "who are these Raiders?", whilst local beat writers smirk and file copy which could be surmised succinctly as "we tried to tell you, this is not the Raiders you used to know".

The Raiders storm into the finals, a top 4 spot and a home field advantage. Despite this, concerns remain, is this team really built for a run? Or are they just a flat track bully?

The ever present Melbourne Storm await them in a 2v3 contest. The "first real test" says noted goober Phillip Ronald Gould.

The Raiders come out of the gates with some nerves, they struggle through a tough first half and go into the break down 4. But a reinvigorated Ricky Stuart delivers a message to his troops - "Enough of this mess. It's time to play Raiders football", the Raiders come out in the second half and carve out a win, an unlikely hero - Luke Bateman, they earn the week off but the declining play of the storm is the national story. Is the dynasty over?

Awaiting them in the GF qualifier is the Penrith Panthers, a team choc full with talent. Struggles early in the season are long forgotten after an irresistible run to get them here. They're on a 10 game winning streak. They come into the game confident. They are widely tipped as the favourites to emerge as victors.

The Raiders beat them like a drum, from start to finish. They're never in the game. The narrative emerging from the game is that the Panthers simply didn't show up and whilst this has been a stunning run from the Raiders, they've running into a buzz-saw. The roosters await, looking to establish a dynasty of their own. The Raiders are installed as $3.45 outsiders to win the game. The result is a fait accompli. The celebrations are already underway.

Stunner.

32-18... Raiders win. Josh Hodgson Clive Churchill Medalist.
Parade down Northbourne. Beautiful,wild carnage ensues. The GH rejoices. We were all wrong, we were all right. No one cares. This is only the beginning. Our children revel in the spoils to come.
You been smoking your 1989 Rugby League week?

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Except for the reference to Captain Punish... what a great, gutsy call!
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Raiders become a Top 4 defensive side and make the finals series for the first time in 3 seasons.

Sticky thanks the players for saving his job.

Nic Cotric debuts for NSW in Origin.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

gergreg wrote: January 19, 2019, 9:48 pm You been smoking your 1989 Rugby League week?
How did you know i stored my meth in between pages 12-13 of my 1989 RLW program?
Beejay
John Ferguson

Post by Beejay »

I enjoyed Pigmans post from start to finish
Woodgers
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Nick Cotric

Post by Woodgers »

Pigman's gutsiest call was the parade down Northbourne. Donny will get a memo with his Wagga bill that says "NOTHING STOPS THE MONEY TRAIN"
We continue to **** about with blokes that are part of some fraternity. It's infuriating.
Supershamrock
Simon Woolford
Favourite Player: J Toots

Post by Supershamrock »

Dylan Edwards in Raiders green before the end of January, goes on to have a breakout year at fullback as Jack flourishes at 6.

Raiders finish in the top four as a result of massive defensive improvement and the above.
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Your gutsy call for the Canberra Raiders 2019 season is...

Post by LastRaider »

Wighton experiment fails again and is back at fullback from round 5 onwards. Raiders start winning games but find themselves in the same predicament as last year but this time we squeeze into 8th place.

Ricky Stuart’s contract renewed for a further 3 years. Don speaks with high optimism for 2020

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
Coastalraider
David Furner
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Coastalraider »

LastRaider wrote: January 21, 2019, 8:28 pm Wighton experiment fails again and is back at fullback from round 5 onwards. Raiders start winning games but find themselves in the same predicament as last year but this time we squeeze into 8th place.

Ricky Stuart’s contract renewed for a further 3 years. Don speaks with high optimism for 2020

Where did you get your crystal ball?

I might need one of those for my lotto numbers, seems pretty accurate.
Gazman
Gerry De La Cruz
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Gazman »

Hodgo Dally M winner.

Raiders 5th after 25 rounds.

J Bateman buy of the year!

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Wiki Special
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki

Post by Wiki Special »

If we sign Dylan Edwards we make the top 4.
Dusty
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Past:Daley
Present: Hodgson

Post by Dusty »

Dally M: Josh Hodgson
Top Pointscorer: Jarrod Croker
Top 8: Canberra Raiders
2020: 1. Nicol-Klokstad 2. Cotric 3. Croker (c) 4 Leilua 5. Scott 6. Wighton 7. G. Williams 8. Papalii 9. Hodgson (c) 10. Sutton 11. J. Bateman 12. Whitehead 13. Tapine ----
14. Simmonson 15. Soliola 16. Guler 17. Horsburgh
thedevilingreen
Alan Tongue
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by thedevilingreen »

Stuart sacked mid season replaced by don furner's boyhood babysitter's best friends next door neighbors cousin

Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Always be yourself.... Unless you can be batman.... Then you should always be batman
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

Coastalraider wrote:
LastRaider wrote: January 21, 2019, 8:28 pm Wighton experiment fails again and is back at fullback from round 5 onwards. Raiders start winning games but find themselves in the same predicament as last year but this time we squeeze into 8th place.

Where did you get your crystal ball?

I might need one of those for my lotto numbers, seems pretty accurate.
It failed me though on $100m Powerball night tho

Junior
Chris O'Sullivan
Favourite Player: laurie daley

Post by Junior »

Wighton to look the goods the first 3 rds at 5/8. But the rest of the yr stinks it up.
Ricky steps down. Cappy is the new coach by rd 26
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Junior wrote:Wighton to look the goods the first 3 rds at 5/8. But the rest of the yr stinks it up.
This sounds eerily accurate

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Brew
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Blake Austin

Post by Brew »

thedevilingreen wrote:Stuart sacked mid season replaced by don furner's boyhood babysitter's best friends next door neighbors cousin

Which in fact is Andrew McFadden

In Ricky We Trust
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

Junior wrote:Wighton to look the goods the first 3 rds at 5/8. But the rest of the yr stinks it up.
One of these, with a side of Ennis to become Assistant Coach
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021