What has made/ruined your day

The social club of The Greenhouse

Moderator: GH Moderators

T_R
Don Furner

Re: What has made/ruined your day

Post by T_R »

dubby wrote:Your transition to Farmer Johnny McIntyre is progressing well.
Just got to learn to stack on a blue

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Incomplete until you post a photo of you staring blankly at a computer

Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

T_R wrote:
bonehead wrote:
T_R wrote:Made: I have chickens now
what have you got? I've got Ancona, Plymouth rock, Rhode Island white, Rhode Island red, Australorp and a couple of recued Isa's.
I love the chooks but mrs bone hates them.

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Sussex, Rhode Island Reds and some Australorps.

I love chickens.
Mmm chicken

Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

T_R wrote:
bonehead wrote:
what have you got? I've got Ancona, Plymouth rock, Rhode Island white, Rhode Island red, Australorp and a couple of recued Isa's.

I love chickens.
Well they are delicious
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Dr Zaius wrote:
T_R wrote:
bonehead wrote:

I love chickens.
Well they are delicious
They feed the soul, Zaius.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Christ, this is like fate brought us together TR.
You've got chickens and i spent last night putting my new you beaut BBQ together which has a rotisserie function.

What a time to be alive.
Schifty
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by Schifty »

TR becoming an off the grid, self sustaining ranch owner is definitely a plot I didn't pick coming.

Well played Greenhouse writers
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Schifty wrote: January 24, 2019, 8:13 am TR becoming an off the grid, self sustaining ranch owner is definitely a plot I didn't pick coming.

Well played Greenhouse writers
How can we ask Mother Earth to nurture us, Schifty, if we don't love and worship her back?

-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Who wants to love her when she insists on burning us to a crisp
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

I have ducks now, too

gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

About time, I’ve been telling you to get ducked for years
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

gangrenous wrote:About time, I’ve been telling you to get ducked for years Image
See? This is the attitude we salt-of-the-earth primary producers suffer at the hands of ypu slick young city folk.

Schifty
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by Schifty »

Duck is delicious.

I look forward to you inviting all your GH friends around for an epic meal.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Just need a turkey now and the patience to shove one inside another, inside another.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Schifty wrote:Duck is delicious.

I look forward to you inviting all your GH friends around for an epic meal.
Great eggs too. Excellent for cakes. How are you sponges T_R? Soft and moist one would hope?

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
Sterlk
David Furner

Post by Sterlk »

I am 95% certain that I just discovered I live in the same building as Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad. There was a dude that looks an awful lot like him wearing Raiders shorts just now.

The people you see during a fire evacuation. I would have verified but he appeared to be with his partner and kids exploring the fire engine.
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

You live in the same building as CNK? You must live in the Canberra temple of the gods.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:Not really my day, but the last 12 months.
So I live in a new estate in Marsden Park. Blacktown council have decided with all the development going on in the area, they need to sub divide and create new suburbs. They gave each of the 12 districts 3 options each, and we had to vote for our favourite. Our options were Lang, Francis or Clydesdale Farm. Reluctantly, I voted Clydesdale Farm, as it was the best of the bunch. About 3 months later, we get a notice saying our suburb was going to be called Lynch. Lynch was apparently a Mayor in Blacktown in the 80s. Another district had the option to vote for Lynch, but it didn’t get the numbers, so somehow it got moved to our area.

All hell broke loose. There was a petition saying we didn’t vote for that name, and the people in my estate wanted to stay in Marsden Park. The argument was that we bought in Marsden Park, the land was pricier because of all the development and changing the name, especially to Lynch, would devalue our investments.

Anyway, about 2 months later, a solution was decided on. My estate would be split in 2, with the established area being North Marsden Park, and the developing area being Lynch. The newer residents didn’t like that, and the fight continued. About 2 months later, council agreed that our area would go to North Marsden Park, and Lynch was no more.

So it goes to the EPA, or whoever approves the naming.. can’t remember. They declined North Marsden Park because of the “North” reference. Apparently they aren’t approving anything with directions at the moment. They suggested to council we remain in Marsden Park, which council have settled on.

So after a year, and God knows how much money council have spent on this, we’re back to where we started.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
A bit of an update on this one, so council have decided that our estate will remain in Marsden Park, and picked some other district to be named Lynch. They put on a similar fight to us, so it moved to another district. This is now the 4th district they’ve pushed the Lynch name onto.

Goes to the naming board, and they decline it, because the name is considered too political, and has no significance to the region. They tried to push Wran as another suburb name, but it got knocked back also.

Fun times at Blacktown Council
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Ruined: watching a star is born.

2 hours of inaudible dialogue with occasional gaga singing

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

I watched that the other day..

Meh !!!
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Coastalraider
David Furner
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Coastalraider »

Thank you gents, that has just saved 2 hours of my life.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

It was bad.

-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

And thank you Lord for not giving us a Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta nude scene.

She really isn't that much to look at...

Once again..thanks god..
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

You weren’t around for the “Lady Gaga - Hot or not?” Thread we’re you?

Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

I'll go not...
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Then you are wrong my friend

Nickman's love of NSW
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Ok..

Gaga's a fox...
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

No she's not. Not vulpine at all

dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

My Aunty Pam died yday aged 64. Cancer. I haven't seen her in so long. May she rest in peace. She was lovely.

I lost my mum 2 years ago to this horrid ailment. I'm sick of it.

Then I found out my great Aunty Margaret has advanced alzheimers. She's about 80.

There is not many members my heritage left.

Only my nan.

This sucks. It really hurts.

Makes me feel very, very empty.

FWIW I'm sorry for being a grouch lately. I haven't handled it well.

-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

It's terrible news dubby.

All the best to ya mate..
Postman Pat
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Hodgson

Post by Postman Pat »

Sorry to hear Dubby, look after yourself and your family.
Member no: RAI-2913997

Dare To Dream, and believe in Green, for 2019.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

What has made/ruined your day

Post by The Nickman »

Sorry to hear, dubs. First and foremost look after yourself, and your closest loved ones

Life is a blessing, enjoy every minute

One day we will all die, but every other day we will live
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Thanks boys.

I'm doing some real hard evaluating this morning.

It's time for some changes. Life is too bloody short.

FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Sorry to hear mate. Look after yourself, and the family

Nickman's love of NSW
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Keep at it Dubby, just gotta focus on moving forward sometimes.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017