What has made/ruined your day

The social club of The Greenhouse

Moderator: GH Moderators

Sterlk
David Furner

Re: What has made/ruined your day

Post by Sterlk »

85% black/white/grey - not just black. The colours that are either on the monochrome scale, or weird hybrids that are closer to grey than - for instance - blue. Largest chunk of that would've been white, I'd never buy a black car in a place where summer gets well into the 30s and above.

If you looked up official stats for Australia I'm sure it wouldn't be quite as high as 85%, but at that time there were startlingly few cars around Belconnen CBD that had any sort of pigment to them.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

I have a black falcon, it's windows are generally open

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Got a black golf, it's always parked in the shed

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

White cars generally hold their resale value better. Or so I've been told.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Doesn't surprise me, it's harder to see damage like door scratches and trolley dents
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

I've got a blue car which is covered in bloody scratches, a black car and a yellow car.

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

I have a brand new car that I've had for about 6ish months.

After 2 weeks someone had already wacked their door into it. White paint scratch and a dent
Sterlk
David Furner

Post by Sterlk »

I got bitten on the bridge of my nose by a mosquito while in the pool. Rude.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Ouch..
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by reptar »

Made: now have my very own electric scooter
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

reptar wrote: December 27, 2018, 7:48 am Made: now have my very own electric scooter
Aren't they for old farts ?
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

-PJ- wrote:
reptar wrote: December 27, 2018, 7:48 am Made: now have my very own electric scooter
Only if they have somewhere to sit down.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

reptar wrote: December 27, 2018, 8:45 pm
-PJ- wrote:
Oh..I was thinking mobility scooter :)
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

-PJ- wrote:
reptar wrote: December 27, 2018, 8:45 pm
-PJ- wrote:
Oh..I was thinking mobility scooter :)
Reppy is very progressive but not that progressive

Edrick The Entertainer
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Reppy is a hipster?

Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Sterlk
David Furner

Post by Sterlk »

Made:
Picking up piano again after ~1 year, and progressing through the 'lesson songs' really quickly, it isn't all gone like I thought it was! At my best I was intermediate-ish and could play songs like Scarborough Fair, The Entertainer, Over the Rainbow, etc.

Ruined:
Watching this guy and realising the light-years between us.

The only thing I could think afterwards is "Duuuuude". Absolutely mental. With the light effects he's got going, after the video finished there were a whole bunch of stationary objects that wouldn't stop moving...
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Ruined: Trying to build a chicken run. I am pathologically incapable of making two pieces of wood form a right angle.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

T_R wrote:Ruined: Trying to build a chicken run. I am pathologically incapable of making two pieces of wood form a right angle.
There's a definite future for you in building high rises in Sydney.
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

dubby wrote:Reppy is a hipster?

Not me!Image
Postman Pat
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Hodgson

Post by Postman Pat »

My wife and I welcomed our second little bundle of joy to the world on the 16th, Mum and Daughter are nice healthy and big brother(nearly 2 year old) doesn’t know what the hell os going on! ImageImage Image

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
Member no: RAI-2913997

Dare To Dream, and believe in Green, for 2019.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Jason wrote: January 18, 2019, 2:32 am My wife and I welcomed our second little bundle of joy to the world on the 16th, Mum and Daughter are nice healthy and big brother(nearly 2 year old) doesn’t know what the hell os going on! ImageImage Image

Congrats mate.

Another Raiders fan.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Congratulations!
Brewdle
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Love em all

Post by Brewdle »

Congrats to you n the fam mate

T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Good times, Jason. Enjoy 'em.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Congrats on the new arrival.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

What a miracle. Well done jason

bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

congrats enjoy

Edrick The Entertainer
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Postman Pat
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Hodgson

What has made/ruined your day

Post by Postman Pat »

Thanks guys, second night home and poor Mumma’s getting hammered! My little boy kissing his sister completely melts me!!!! I love my kids!!

Member no: RAI-2913997

Dare To Dream, and believe in Green, for 2019.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Made: I have chickens now

bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

T_R wrote:Made: I have chickens now
what have you got? I've got Ancona, Plymouth rock, Rhode Island white, Rhode Island red, Australorp and a couple of recued Isa's.
I love the chooks but mrs bone hates them.

Edrick The Entertainer
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

bonehead wrote:
T_R wrote:Made: I have chickens now
what have you got? I've got Ancona, Plymouth rock, Rhode Island white, Rhode Island red, Australorp and a couple of recued Isa's.
I love the chooks but mrs bone hates them.

Sussex, Rhode Island Reds and some Australorps.

I love chickens.

bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

my Sussex pullet started crowing so "she" was shown the door.
Try to get some Araucana's they lay coloured eggs

Edrick The Entertainer
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

bonehead wrote: January 23, 2019, 5:46 am my Sussex pullet started crowing so "she" was shown the door.
Try to get some Araucana's they lay coloured eggs

We'll definitely grab a couple of Araucana's but they're bloody hard to find as day olds. I'll hang out till the others are a bit older, then grab them as point of lays.

Next, I have to buy some ducks, and then some cows.

I'm a farmer, now.

dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Your transition to Farmer Johnny McIntyre is progressing well.