Moderator: GH Moderators

Elcaptcroker
David Grant
Favourite Player: Jarrod croker

Re: NRL ban Jack Wighton for 10 matches, impose $30,000 fine

Post by Elcaptcroker »

The Nickman wrote:
Elcaptcroker wrote: January 11, 2019, 8:03 am
greeneyed wrote:If there were no grounds for the charges... wouldn't the charges have been thrown out of court? I'm not outraged by it or anything... but really, these sorts of events should have been left behind thirty years ago. No work place should be running these sorts of events. The NRL clubs have to realise it is 2019.
I dont know GE, have you worked in the mines? I can tell you this is the norm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Really, which mines have you worked at where the work place runs those sort of events?
Not going to drop company names cause goodness knows what half of you do for a job and i like my inflated pay packet but its more i point to the drug an alcohol culture thats in there, andthe christmas parties can get pretty rowdy

The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

greeneyed wrote: January 11, 2019, 11:57 am That culture has to change. No wonder we've got players getting into all sorts of other trouble as well, if they think this OK at their work place arranged end of year function. It's just not on anymore.

If someone were to say people got up to that in a private space on their own time... those are things that people do... I wouldn't blink, nothing wrong with it... but NRL clubs have to realise, things like that can't happen at a function they organise.
Spot on, mate. I couldn't agree more.
Elcaptcroker
David Grant

Post by Elcaptcroker »

Its all part and parcel of blokes and women working in an industry where they get paid stupid amount of money, drugs and alcohol and stupid antics go hand in hand, and dont be fooled by the "random drug teats" and breath testing their only there to save face and aint that random, the mine owners and the contractors working for them get treated the same as footy clubs unless its made public or its seriously bad they will cover you. And its similar within the public service, the drug culture in there isnt any better

The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Elcaptcroker wrote: January 11, 2019, 12:09 pm
The Nickman wrote:
greeneyed wrote:If there were no grounds for the charges... wouldn't the charges have been thrown out of court? I'm not outraged by it or anything... but really, these sorts of events should have been left behind thirty years ago. No work place should be running these sorts of events. The NRL clubs have to realise it is 2019.

Really, which mines have you worked at where the work place runs those sort of events?
Not going to drop company names cause goodness knows what half of you do for a job and i like my inflated pay packet but its more i point to the drug an alcohol culture thats in there, andthe christmas parties can get pretty rowdy

You mean the drug and alcohol culture at mine-sites that test everybody for alcohol every day and fairly regularly do onsite drug testing too?
Elcaptcroker
David Grant

Post by Elcaptcroker »

The Nickman wrote:
Elcaptcroker wrote: January 11, 2019, 12:09 pm
The Nickman wrote:

You mean the drug and alcohol culture at mine-sites that test everybody for alcohol every day and fairly regularly do onsite drug testing too?
Hahah you only have to be clear of alcohol when you work, and they dont always test for drugs Image i do only drink on my rosters off and i dont do drugs but i know others who do, its regular and the "random drug tests" aint so random you pretty much know when they are going to get done

FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

Elcaptcroker wrote:Its all part and parcel of blokes and women working in an industry where they get paid stupid amount of money, drugs and alcohol and stupid antics go hand in hand, and dont be fooled by the "random drug teats" and breath testing their only there to save face and aint that random, the mine owners and the contractors working for them get treated the same as footy clubs unless its made public or its seriously bad they will cover you. And its similar within the public service, the drug culture in there isnt any better

What are they doing now?
I’m calling shenanigans on this
1. I’ve known guys who work on mines be denied entry because they’ve had alcohol the night prior
2. Drug teats aren’t a thing... arent they?
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
Elcaptcroker
David Grant

Post by Elcaptcroker »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:
Elcaptcroker wrote:Its all part and parcel of blokes and women working in an industry where they get paid stupid amount of money, drugs and alcohol and stupid antics go hand in hand, and dont be fooled by the "random drug teats" and breath testing their only there to save face and aint that random, the mine owners and the contractors working for them get treated the same as footy clubs unless its made public or its seriously bad they will cover you. And its similar within the public service, the drug culture in there isnt any better

What are they doing now?
I’m calling shenanigans on this
1. I’ve known guys who work on mines be denied entry because they’ve had alcohol the night prior
2. Drug teats aren’t a thing... arent they?
Haha fui like my last post said as long as your under when you start working you can drink as much as you want, we get breath tested to be allowed on site, would be the same as a footy team you can drink as much as you want as long as your under when you play or train. And the fact you try and pick me on one letter being wrong just makes it more laughable ImageImage

LP Raider
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Master Bateman

Post by LP Raider »

You don't have to work at a mine to be drug tested. We have random drug testing at work, I'm also tested at times on my way to work and coming home from work.

Yet the unemployed... something seriously fundamentally wrong with this country.
WorkChoice
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

I was drug tested away work......and failed.

Panadeine Forte showed up. Showed my boss the prescription and got off.

Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
LP Raider
Ricky Stuart

Post by LP Raider »

greeneyed wrote: January 10, 2019, 6:31 pm If there were no grounds for the charges... wouldn't the charges have been thrown out of court? I'm not outraged by it or anything... but really, these sorts of events should have been left behind thirty years ago. No work place should be running these sorts of events. The NRL clubs have to realise it is 2019.
Times have change, being in a trade I have seen the cultural change over the past 25 years.

What went on 25 years ago is no longer acceptable and tbh even as an 18 year old I never got the idiotic behaviour that went on when a group of males got together on the piss.
WorkChoice
LP Raider
Ricky Stuart

Post by LP Raider »

dubby wrote: January 11, 2019, 4:44 pm I was drug tested away work......and failed.

Panadeine Forte showed up. Showed my boss the prescription and got off.

You will get done with Neurofen Plus, pop one before testing time and you get a few days off with pay.

Anything with a Plus will show up, not sure why you need to show a prescription, the testers should analyse further in the lab. Why you get a few days off.
WorkChoice
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

LP Raider wrote:
greeneyed wrote: January 10, 2019, 6:31 pm If there were no grounds for the charges... wouldn't the charges have been thrown out of court? I'm not outraged by it or anything... but really, these sorts of events should have been left behind thirty years ago. No work place should be running these sorts of events. The NRL clubs have to realise it is 2019.
Times have change, being in a trade I have seen the cultural change over the past 25 years.

What went on 25 years ago is no longer acceptable and tbh even as an 18 year old I never got the idiotic behaviour that went on when a group of males got together on the piss.
Not just males.

You get any group on the suds and all decency and common sense goes the way of the evening newspaper.

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
LP Raider
Ricky Stuart

Post by LP Raider »

dubby wrote: January 11, 2019, 4:57 pm
LP Raider wrote:

Not just males.

You get any group on the suds and all decency and common sense goes the way of the evening newspaper.

I have seen the video of a male stripper in a women's office party, anything that has ever gone on in a male party is rather tame compared.
WorkChoice
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Yep.

I had the experience of somehow being part of/exposed to a group of women in party mode.

I was 19.

I was never the same after.

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

This thread is way off course. Any further posts back on topic, thanks... they need to at least be about rugby league... otherwise we will put the thread out of its misery.
Johno
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Johno »

Step forward Dylan Napa.

Not recent but not good
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

I just hope Jack was able to scrape together the money for the fine. I hope it has been paid on time and he has been on his best behavior since given the suspended sentence.
I hope he is in great form for the Raiders in 2019. Lots of fullbacks are selected for Origin.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

This topic is locked.