Ex Raiders... where are they now?

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

kiwi raider
Steve Walters

Re: Ex Raiders... where are they now?

Post by kiwi raider »

Pigman wrote: January 3, 2019, 7:10 pm Stuart picked Jared Kennedy and Joel Edwards over giving TPJ a shot.
I mean that's what it came down too. You cant justify that, couldnt at the time, and certainly cant now.
Might have been too much attacking prowess in the forward pack with tpj alongside suck freakish athletes like Edwards, Kennedy, Fensom, Tilse, Nicholls, especially if it coincided with one of FPN’s good weeks(all two of them)
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Pigman wrote:I dont really think the Crowley departure can be justified either btw.
His results speak for itself.

I'll be very keen to see how our attack goes this year without him
I think 2020 is probably a better indicator. They say it takes at least 12 months to change a teams style after a coaches departure, or at least they used to say that. I do appreciate that he wasn't the attack coach last year so maybe we'll regress a little this season?

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
cat
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse

Post by cat »

T_R wrote:Twitter has former Raider Michael Chee Kam beating up Uber drivers....

https://twitter.com/Danny_Weidler/statu ... 7016117248

Two men have been charged over the alleged assault of a ride-share driver at Bondi Beach at the weekend.

About 10.30pm on Saturday 30 December 2018, a 26-year-old man was driving north on Campbell Parade when he was allegedly assaulted by two men who were on the road.

The two men, aged 18 and 26, allegedly punched the man repeatedly through the open driver’s window.

Read more: https://www.police.nsw.gov.au/news/news ... w9MQ%3D%3D
So he just started punching this guy for no reason......

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Vaccinated
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

cat wrote: January 4, 2019, 1:32 pm
T_R wrote:Twitter has former Raider Michael Chee Kam beating up Uber drivers....

Two men have been charged over the alleged assault of a ride-share driver at Bondi Beach at the weekend.

About 10.30pm on Saturday 30 December 2018, a 26-year-old man was driving north on Campbell Parade when he was allegedly assaulted by two men who were on the road.

The two men, aged 18 and 26, allegedly punched the man repeatedly through the open driver’s window.

Fair to say it wasn't in self defense.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

cat wrote:

It’s how they acknowledge their gratitude in Western Sydney. This driver should have known that.
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

cat wrote:

I have no idea. I dont think it matters, either.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

I drove past Fui's place today.

Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

cat wrote: January 4, 2019, 1:32 pm

Yeah, that seems like the most plausible explanation... Unless you want to say some Uber driver on shift accepted a job with expressed purpose of starting a fight and NOT getting paid.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Carney's strife and times is a hard sell

Despite vowing to lift the lid on some of the most infamous off-field incidents in recent rugby league history — think pub urinal party tricks, police chases and bans from entire towns — Todd Carney is struggling to convince a publisher to print his book. The NRL outcast is looking to cash in on his infamy with the now bush footy player attempting to sell his life story but he has received only minor interest so far with Carney’s story considered “too hot to handle’’.

Read more: https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport ... 77d2b8fd21

I've got to admit... I'd read it!
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

A book written by a guy whose never read a book.

Yep I’d read that.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Just one book..cmon !!

Chopper wrote 8, surely Toddles has enough dirt for at least 2.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Dear diary.
A friend was explaining to me that he was having incredible trouble with a urinary tract infection and having prior experience i thought I'd try and help him. I had visited an unorthodox homeopathy who had some strange techniques to cure the problem. Next thing you know I'm out of a job. Thankfully my advice did help my friend though.

FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Dear Diary,
Went on a camping trip recently with some mates. Crokes tried to get the campfire started, but he was struggling. Remembering back to high school, I thought I would help out. Chuggers recently downed a whole tin of Baked Beans, so I thought he could provide some gas, and I’d light it. The fire was instantly lit, much like myself. Chuggers was in a bad state but, and had to go to hospital.
Afterwards we had dinner. I had the chicken. Crokes had the Easy Mac, with Tuna. Chuggers just had Jelly. Classic Chuggers

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Green eyed Mick »

I think Todd might have some very interesting stories to tell. Stories like what took place in the lead up to him leaving the Raiders. Stories about what he got away with that was successfully swept under the carpet. Maybe stories about 'big tipping tourists' from the Eastern suburbs of Sydney during his gap year doing bar work in North Queensland.

If he is throwing a lot of mud, something might stick.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

We should have a group hug and give the piss drinker a 2yr deal...
Schifty
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by Schifty »

I'd buy it.

But there would be plenty of nervous Dymocks managers hoping to doesn't recreate some party tricks at the book signing.
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

The book would fly off the shelf in Goulburn.!

Obviously stolen by Carney’s relatives, not purchased.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

I've got a mate in Byron Bay who hangs out with Todd.

Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

BJ wrote:The book would fly off the shelf in Goulburn.!

Obviously stolen by Carney’s relatives, not purchased.
Are they running low on firewood?

Dusty
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Past:Daley
Present: Hodgson

Post by Dusty »

Former Canberra Raiders forward Shaun Fensom signs with Brisbane Broncos on one year deal

EXPERIENCED forward Shaun Fensom will begin a one-year contract with the Broncos today. The Broncos have signed the former Canberra Raiders and North Queensland Cowboys' lock to add depth to the club's forward stocks.

The 30-year-old, who played in the 2017 NRL Grand Final for the Cowboys, will train with the Broncos' NRL squad for the first time when the team returns to the field this morning in Brisbane.

Read more: https://www.broncos.com.au/news/2019/01 ... ng-fensom/
2020: 1. Nicol-Klokstad 2. Cotric 3. Croker (c) 4 Leilua 5. Scott 6. Wighton 7. G. Williams 8. Papalii 9. Hodgson (c) 10. Sutton 11. J. Bateman 12. Whitehead 13. Tapine ----
14. Simmonson 15. Soliola 16. Guler 17. Horsburgh
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

Dusty wrote: January 7, 2019, 9:02 am Former Canberra Raiders forward Shaun Fensom signs with Brisbane Broncos on one year deal

EXPERIENCED forward Shaun Fensom will begin a one-year contract with the Broncos today. The Broncos have signed the former Canberra Raiders and North Queensland Cowboys' lock to add depth to the club's forward stocks.

The 30-year-old, who played in the 2017 NRL Grand Final for the Cowboys, will train with the Broncos' NRL squad for the first time when the team returns to the field this morning in Brisbane.

nooooooo
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

Ewwww
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Ick

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

A very sad sight seeing Shaun Fensom in Broncos colours.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

God I always wish him well but I really hope to never see him in that jersey.

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

If you click on the link... you can see it!
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

greeneyed wrote:If you click on the link... you can see it!
You're a monster GE.

cat
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse

Post by cat »

Fenno being called a veteran player- god that makes me feel old!!

Vaccinated
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

cat wrote:Fenno being called a veteran player- god that makes me feel old!!

Side note: I was at Bunnings the other day, waiting behind this kid with one of those kids trolleys. I hear the mum say “Watch out sweety. Step aside so the nice man can get around you.”

I looked around to notice I was the nice man! I felt old at that time, I remember the nice man/nice ladies as a kid, and I’m sure they were older than me!

Nickman's love of NSW
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: January 7, 2019, 4:42 pm

Side note: I was at Bunnings the other day, waiting behind this kid with one of those kids trolleys. I hear the mum say “Watch out sweety. Step aside so the nice man can get around you.”

I looked around to notice I was the nice man! I felt old at that time, I remember the nice man/nice ladies as a kid, and I’m sure they were older than me!
Just wait until they call you an "old man". I'm not even that old!
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

You're old Fergus..
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Former Canberra Raiders half Phil Blake heading to rugby union's Leicester Tigers as defence coach

Leicester Tigers are close to bringing back former rugby league player Phil Blake as the club's new defence coach. The 55-year-old London-born Australian was initially appointed as defence coach at Welford Road in 2014.

He left in April 2015 shortly before a six-month ban from rugby for a breach of RFU betting rules. He placed eight separate bets on two Tigers games while he was coaching at the club. Blake, who turned out for Manly, Warrington, South Sydney, Wigan, North Sydney Bears, Canberra Raiders, St George Dragons and Auckland Warriors as a player, first turned to rugby union in a coaching capacity in 2006.

Read more: https://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-union/46775088
Leebola
Brett Mullins

Post by Leebola »

Dusty wrote: January 7, 2019, 9:02 am Former Canberra Raiders forward Shaun Fensom signs with Brisbane Broncos on one year deal

Gawd, I need a Domestos bath and 30 seconds in the microwave after reading this
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

greeneyed wrote:
Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: January 7, 2019, 4:42 pm

Just wait until they call you an "old man". I'm not even that old!
I threw an intercept at touch footy and was so pissed off I chased the 20ish year old down and caught him.

I didn’t know whether to feel annoyed or proud that his mates teased him about being “run down by an old man”.

I still feel better that I stepped past and ran away from Mathew Wood for a try around 1991 and David Furner gave it to him on the field.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: January 6, 2019, 9:26 am Dear Diary,
Went on a camping trip recently with some mates. Crokes tried to get the campfire started, but he was struggling. Remembering back to high school, I thought I would help out. Chuggers recently downed a whole tin of Baked Beans, so I thought he could provide some gas, and I’d light it. The fire was instantly lit, much like myself. Chuggers was in a bad state but, and had to go to hospital.
Afterwards we had dinner. I had the chicken. Crokes had the Easy Mac, with Tuna. Chuggers just had Jelly. Classic Chuggers

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
:lol: