Post by RTW »

Adam Mogg is the Dolphins Q cup coach.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
yurithe1
David Furner
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Re: Ex Raiders... where are they now?

Post by yurithe1 »

RTW wrote: November 29, 2018, 11:44 am Adam Mogg is the Dolphins Q cup coach.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
The list I re-published was compiled with the help of the NSW CRL. Unknown if the QRL has anything like this.
Some people talk about the weather. Others do something about it.

MEMBER NO.: 4500 (before they changed the numbering system).
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

The QRL website usually has a club by club analysis of player movement over the offseason. You can pick out the former Raiders there.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Tevita Pangai Junior extends with the Brisbane Broncos and explains why he left the Canberra Raiders

I wanted to be a young first-grader like Izzy and Sonny Bill Williams. I was 18 and getting told I should be playing first grade. Then I was 19 and being told the same thing. Nothing was happening for me. I felt like I was running out of time.

I’d had three pretty good years in the lower grades at the Canberra Raiders and was selected for the Junior Kangaroos on a few occasions. Late in 2015, Tonga picked me in an extended squad to play a Test against the Cook Islands, but I still hadn’t made my NRL debut and I was desperate for an opportunity. So I cold-called Wayne Bennett. He said he’d been following my career and wondered each week why I hadn’t been named on the Raiders’ team sheet.

Read more at https://www.playersvoice.com.au/tevita- ... Dqfx7r9.99
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

Such a waste. We should rub it in Ricky's face for getting it wrong.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Now Ricky.... That is how you shove it in someone's face.... is it Ricky or rookie?

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

What a load of rubbish. He was a talented player here with a big future but he wasn’t ready for first grade in 2015.
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

Bay53 wrote: December 7, 2018, 7:37 pm What a load of rubbish. He was a talented player here with a big future but he wasn’t ready for first grade in 2015.
He was more ready than players that got a run before him and who he out performed in the lower grades.

Plus that season had plenty of dead rubbers. Not playing him was very dumb.
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Perhaps, but it was consistent. He wasn't played over anyone that was training better or defending better than him.
The **** really shouldn't have played first grade the entire first year he was at the broncs either but here we are with him on the verge of something (justifiably) huge and likely to leave the broncos in 2020.
He didn't learn how to defend until this year and even the he's still not consistent in that regard.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Former Canberra Raiders half Michael Dobson retires, while Moses Pangai joins Wynnum Manly Seagulls: https://www.qrl.com.au/news/20182/112/0 ... -signings/
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Blues on lookout for new women's coach after Ben Cross joins Anthony Seibold at Broncos on coaching staff

NSW are on the lookout for a new women's coach after former Raiders forward Ben Cross resigned to link with Brisbane's NRL coaching staff. The former NSW prop has headed north, relocating his family to Brisbane, to assist new Broncos coach Anthony Seibold.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/12/12/nsw ... e-broncos/
Cranky Old Man
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Sam Backo

Post by Cranky Old Man »

Saw Ricky Stuart this evening having a beer with his punters club fellas. I wished him a Merry Christmas and a successful 2019 on behalf of the Greenhouse mob.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

And what did he say then?
Cranky Old Man
Brett Mullins

Post by Cranky Old Man »

It is a bit hard for me to say much. Rick and I are cousins and as such we meet a few times per year at weddings, funerals etc and chat. I have made an effort to not abuse our relationship by discussing publicly any football intelligence I have gathered from him either directly or indirectly as that would be unfair to him. I didn't really mention much about football, just wished him all the best for the season ahead. He seemed confident of a good season as you would expect he would. He also was effusive about the fans and their loyalty to the club. There wasn't really that much more to the conversation.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Cranky Old Man wrote:It is a bit hard for me to say much. Rick and I are cousins and as such we meet a few times per year at weddings, funerals etc and chat. I have made an effort to not abuse our relationship by discussing publicly any football intelligence I have gathered from him either directly or indirectly as that would be unfair to him. I didn't really mention much about football, just wished him all the best for the season ahead. He seemed confident of a good season as you would expect he would. He also was effusive about the fans and their loyalty to the club. There wasn't really that much more to the conversation.
Sorry it was a poor attempt at a joke!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cranky Old Man
Brett Mullins

Post by Cranky Old Man »

There is no need to apologise, GE, I understood your point and the humour behind it.
Have a happy Christmas, and all the best in the New Year. I wish you all the best for season 2019 as well and thank you profusely for your efforts in 2018.

On another tack, my wife casually advised me the other day that she is related to Brad Clyde. Never mentioned it before in nearly 40 years of marriage and (in my case) Raider supporting! I suspect she has only recently realised that he was a football player of some note.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Cranky Old Man wrote: December 21, 2018, 9:54 pm There is no need to apologise, GE, I understood your point and the humour behind it.
Have a happy Christmas, and all the best in the New Year. I wish you all the best for season 2019 as well and thank you profusely for your efforts in 2018.

On another tack, my wife casually advised me the other day that she is related to Brad Clyde. Never mentioned it before in nearly 40 years of marriage and (in my case) Raider supporting! I suspect she has only recently realised that he was a football player of some note.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you too COM!
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Cranky Old Man wrote:There is no need to apologise, GE, I understood your point and the humour behind it.

Stuart on one side, Clyde on the other?

We should have you two in a captive breeding program.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Cranky Old Man
Brett Mullins

Post by Cranky Old Man »

I already suggested that to my wife, but she just laughed at me and told me to "act your age".
Raiders Lim!
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Raiders Lim! »

Cranky Old Man wrote:
I already suggested that to my wife, but she just laughed at me and told me to "act your age".
Ricky Clyde and/or Bradley Stuart... can you imagine? Image
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Twitter has former Raider Michael Chee Kam beating up Uber drivers....

https://twitter.com/Danny_Weidler/statu ... 7016117248

Two men have been charged over the alleged assault of a ride-share driver at Bondi Beach at the weekend.

About 10.30pm on Saturday 30 December 2018, a 26-year-old man was driving north on Campbell Parade when he was allegedly assaulted by two men who were on the road.

The two men, aged 18 and 26, allegedly punched the man repeatedly through the open driver’s window.

Read more: https://www.police.nsw.gov.au/news/news ... w9MQ%3D%3D

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

If i had a dollar for every time Chee Kam blew a certain try because of his selfish ball hogging, i'd have enough money to bribe city officials to get him off this charge.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Former Canberra Raiders assistant coach Mick Crawley joins Dragons as coaching advisor

The St George Illawarra Dragons have announced that Mick Crawley will fulfil the role of coaching advisor in 2019 – a holistic role that will encompass the NRL side's coaching program. Crawley has spent the past 12 years as an NRL assistant coach at the North Queensland Cowboys (2009-11), Newcastle Knights (2012-14) and Canberra Raiders (2007-08, 2015-18).

Read more: https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2019/01 ... g-advisor/
zilhouse
Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
Favourite Player: Alan tongue

Post by zilhouse »

-TW- wrote: January 3, 2019, 1:18 pm Mick Crawley moves to Dragons in coaching advisor role

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2019/01 ... g-advisor/
Farewell sweet prince of attack
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Extremely sad to see him go, again.

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I know he's been at the Raiders a fair time... and people feel they get a bit stale without changing jobs... but he was someone the organisation is much poorer for losing.
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

Sounds like a great role.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

greeneyed wrote:I know he's been at the Raiders a fair time... and people feel they get a bit stale without changing jobs... but he was someone the organisation is much poorer for losing.
Spent the majority of his career as an attack focussed coach. Gets switched to defence coach and 12 months later he is not only out the door but also working for a competitor. Coincidence?

Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

zim wrote: December 9, 2018, 3:07 am Perhaps, but it was consistent. He wasn't played over anyone that was training better or defending better than him.
The **** really shouldn't have played first grade the entire first year he was at the broncs either but here we are with him on the verge of something (justifiably) huge and likely to leave the broncos in 2020.
He didn't learn how to defend until this year and even the he's still not consistent in that regard.
I missed this before, but the simple reality is he was better then most of the dudes playing FG, he was a superstar talent.
He had earned his shot and never got it and we lost him as a direct result of that, as per his own words. It can not argued that we handled this well. We handled it very poorly and lost a star as a result, and for what? To give Jared Kennedy and Joel Edwards game time?

Give me a break.

We **** that up tremendously. And I and many others said it at the time.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I’m not arguing. We messed up big time with TPJ.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

greeneyed wrote: January 3, 2019, 5:51 pm I’m not arguing. We messed up big time with TPJ.
No, as I recall you were one of the many at the time saying he deserved a run.

It was bizarre way to handle a potential superstar. Hopefully we can right the error next year when he’s off contract. I doubt it though.
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

Yeah, if you consider the way Ricky handles his bench and the absolutely awful defensive players he has persevered with in the side it's even more frustrating.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Stuart picked Jared Kennedy and Joel Edwards over giving TPJ a shot.
I mean that's what it came down too. You cant justify that, couldnt at the time, and certainly cant now.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

No, that can't be justified.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

I dont really think the Crowley departure can be justified either btw.
His results speak for itself.

I'll be very keen to see how our attack goes this year without him