Off topic

The social club of The Greenhouse

Moderator: GH Moderators

gerg
Laurie Daley

Re: Off topic

Post by gerg »

Those Nigerians are still after you, Nickman is just the foil. Your time will come T_R.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

I’ve been feeling sorry for Erin since The Footy Show was dropped. Now a whole new level of sorry wes is upon me

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

don't listen to them cueball you're a catch

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

T_R wrote:She's insanely out of his league. This must be one of those internet long-cons I read about.
Catfish scam
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

bonehead wrote: December 21, 2018, 4:00 pm don't listen to them cueball you're a catch

It's his eyes hey boner ?
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Erin is blind, deaf and has no sense of smell.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Dr Zaius wrote:Erin is blind, deaf and has no sense of smell.
Clearly poor taste, too

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

T_R wrote:
Dr Zaius wrote:Erin is blind, deaf and has no sense of smell.
Clearly poor taste, too
Don’t forget the low self esteem!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Mariah Carey must absolutely froth Christmas, with all the royalty's she'd get from that catchy **** song
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Off topic

-TW- wrote:Mariah Carey must absolutely froth Christmas, with all the royalty's she'd get from that catchy piece of **** song
Reminds me of this meme

Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Today is the 29th anniversary of the Newcastle earthquake..
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

-PJ- wrote:Today is the 29th anniversary of the Newcastle earthquake..
I was half way up a rock face in the Blue Mountains. First time I ever went rock climbing and there was a friggin' earthquake.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

What’s with Tapas and other restaurants encouraging “Share plate” dining serving odd numbered dishes?

Encouraging sharing and trying a variety of dishes, while delivering 3 empanadas and creating WW3 over who’s having the odd one

Nickman's love of NSW
BJ
Steve Walters

Off topic

Post by BJ »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:What’s with Tapas and other restaurants encouraging “Share plate” dining serving odd numbered dishes?

Encouraging sharing and trying a variety of dishes, while delivering 3 empanadas and creating WW3 over who’s having the odd one

Share plates are fantastic! (when you go out with ladies who are full after three small bites of the entree).
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

I love them too, there’s so many good ones popping up!
I recommend Crooked Tailor if you’re ever in Castle Hill.

Just serve even numbers of everything!

Nickman's love of NSW
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

The wife sends me down to my local IGA to grab a chook a dinner..it's hot..she don't wanna cook and fair enough too.

When I come out to get in my car here's this bloke wearing a Parra jersey and jeans !!!!

Maaaaaate..I say..warm enough for ya ?

"It's not that hot" he says.

Carry on champ.

It's 38C here..
El_Capitano
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Off topic

Post by El_Capitano »

Parra fans are used to copping heat...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How soon IS now?
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Hey guys..

I'm hearing Olivia Newton John is not well.

You all know what I mean !!!

It's all over the news, tabloids, social media, etc..
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Fake news, she said she's fine
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

so, 4 weeks break in our cricket season for a t20 comp which I choose not to play in.
played 5 games out of 10 so far for 2x dnb and 11 runs batting low in the order.
Thought I'd try going back to contact lenses, rocked into training to learn very quickly we now have an ex County cricket player at our club employed as coach who just gave us a 2hr run of fielding drills - I was the oldest and probably least fit but not the first to spew.
eventually we had a net, he's bowled me twice in 4 balls.
on the upside I saw them beat me cold quite well Image

Edrick The Entertainer
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I went to the Rome exhibition at the National Museum of Australia today. Cost $24 and parking put that over the $30 mark. Drove round and round the car park for an age before lucking one. Lunch in the cafe... overpriced rubbish and a thoroughly unpleasant, crowded, noisy experience - and having to eat amongst the huge piles of debris, plates etc from other diners, not taken away on communal tables.

The exhibition? Roman relics from The British Museum. It was so small... you can get around it in no time. I don't know why I repeatedly get conned into exhibitions like this. Average experience at best. I guess I've been lucky, having lived in Europe and seen many museums... but this was so underwhelming. One extra thing... I don't know who the buyers are for the NMA shops... but the "Rome" shop was absolutely filled with junk as well. I walked out, having spent $50, for a pretty poor experience. Recommendation: don't bother.

They also have a new movie called The Antarctic Experience... a virtually reality thing... and I was going to go to that too, thinking it would be free... but that cost another $20. So, no thanks, I just got back in the car.

At least I didn't have to watch the cricket!

Grumble.
Brewdle
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Love em all

Post by Brewdle »

Never change GE, we ️ you

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

greeneyed wrote:I went to the Rome exhibition at the National Museum of Australia today. Cost $24 and parking put that over the $30 mark. Drove round and round the car park for an age before lucking one. Lunch in the cafe... overpriced rubbish and a thoroughly unpleasant, crowded, noisy experience - and having to eat amongst the huge piles of debris, plates etc from other diners, not taken away on communal tables.

The exhibition? Roman relics from The British Museum. It was so small... you can get around it in no time. I don't know why I repeatedly get conned into exhibitions like this. Average experience at best. I guess I've been lucky, having lived in Europe and seen many museums... but this was so underwhelming. One extra thing... I don't know who the buyers are for the NMA shops... but the "Rome" shop was absolutely filled with junk as well. I walked out, having spent $50, for a pretty poor experience. Recommendation: don't bother.

They also have a new movie called The Antarctic Experience... a virtually reality thing... and I was going to go to that too, thinking it would be free... but that cost another $20. So, no thanks, I just got back in the car.

At least I didn't have to watch the cricket!

Grumble.
Sounds like a review of a Raiders game over the past 2 years.

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I contrast it with the Heath Ledger exhibition at the National Film and Sound Archive... free event, superbly displayed and curated from his family's collection. Free talk about the collection. In a similar sized exhibition space. Movies showing in the cinema. It is unique, you won't see anything like it anywhere else. It is still open. Great experience, modest but nice cafe and a great courtyard.

I should also know not to do things in school holidays... aren't the kids all supposed to be down the coast?!
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

I was going to ask GE what he does for fun..

Now I won't bother.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Anyone have Kayo Sports? Looking at possibly getting this and downgrading my Fox account. Any pros/cons?

Nickman's love of NSW
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Anyone have Kayo Sports? Looking at possibly getting this and downgrading my Fox account. Any pros/cons?

Nickman's love of NSW
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

I’m giving it a run at the moment. Fits my needs as I have an Apple TV and stream everything else I watch through there anyway. Picture quality seems good, though my TV is ancient and 1/20th the size of T_R’s so that doesn’t mean a lot.

Any aspects in particular you’re interested in? There’s a 14 day free trial period if you want to try before committing to changing up.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Thanks Gangers.
No aspect in particular. Just looking at Foxtel alternatives I can watch the Raiders, V8s and F1 mainly. Plus the extra shows like 360, Back Page etc

Nickman's love of NSW
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

gangrenous wrote:I’m giving it a run at the moment. Fits my needs as I have an Apple TV and stream everything else I watch through there anyway. Picture quality seems good, though my TV is ancient and 1/20th the size of T_R’s so that doesn’t mean a lot.

Any aspects in particular you’re interested in? There’s a 14 day free trial period if you want to try before committing to changing up.
I've got plenty of things 1/20 th the size of TRs.

One thing in particular we ALL have is 1/20th the size of TRs.

Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Is it ego? Because I probably give him a run for his money to be fair.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

I think he means bank account

Nickman's love of NSW
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

I imagine he was referring to my new chicken coop. It's huuuge, but leans oddly.

gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

T_R wrote:I imagine he was referring to my new chicken coop. It's huuuge, but leans oddly.
Is it your 120 degree right angles?

dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

T_R wrote:I imagine he was referring to my new chicken coop. It's huuuge, but leans oddly.
Was thinking budgie aviary, but close enough

Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.