Brisbane Broncos 2019

Talk about NRL, State of Origin, Tests, Four Nations, World Cup, everything rugby league

Moderator: GH Moderators

Where will the Broncos finish in 2019?

Minor premiers
No votes
Top four
25%
Top eight
38%
Bottom eight
38%
Bottom four
No votes
Wooden spoon/least wins
No votes

Total votes: 8

greeneyed
Don Furner

Brisbane Broncos 2019

Post by greeneyed »

Brisbane Broncos: 2019 Round 1 predicted team

NRL.com's predicted Round 1 team:

1. Darius Boyd
2. Corey Oates
3. Jack Bird
4. James Roberts
5. Jamayne Isaako
6. Anthony Milford
7. Kodi Nikorima
8. Matt Lodge
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Joseph Ofahengaue
11. Alex Glenn
12. Matt Gillett
13. Tevita Pangai jnr

14. Jaydn Su'A
15. David Fifita
16. Payne Haas
17. Kotoni Staggs

Other squad members: Patrick Carrigan, Troy Dargan, George Fai, Thomas Flegler, Jordan Kahu, Patrick Mago, Sean O'Sullivan, Andre Savelio, Gehamat Shibasaki, Myles Taueli, Sam Tagataese
RTW
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Brisbane Broncos 2019

Post by RTW »

Myles Taueli will probably not be a part of the squad. Was charched with reckless grievous bodily harm in Christmas Day. I can’t find a link but it was in the print version of the courier mail.Image

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Re: Brisbane Broncos 2019

Post by Green eyed Mick »

Very inexperienced squad and no notable game manager. They'll make the top 8 but not a contender this year IMO.
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

RTW wrote: January 1, 2019, 2:54 pm Myles Taueli will probably not be a part of the squad. Was charched with reckless grievous bodily harm in Christmas Day. I can’t find a link but it was in the print version of the courier mail.Image

Surprised it even showed up in print.
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

edwahu wrote:
RTW wrote: January 1, 2019, 2:54 pm Myles Taueli will probably not be a part of the squad. Was charched with reckless grievous bodily harm in Christmas Day. I can’t find a link but it was in the print version of the courier mail.Image

Surprised it even showed up in print.
Wasn’t deleted by the Courier Mail because the lead protection journalist was on holiday leave.
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Green eyed Mick wrote: January 2, 2019, 1:46 pm Very inexperienced squad and no notable game manager. They'll make the top 8 but not a contender this year IMO.
This is how I read it too :)
Did you see how fat TPJ came back from off season? They're relying on him being top shelf and he came back looking like fat bastard.
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

zim wrote:
Green eyed Mick wrote: January 2, 2019, 1:46 pm Very inexperienced squad and no notable game manager. They'll make the top 8 but not a contender this year IMO.
This is how I read it too :)
Did you see how fat TPJ came back from off season? They're relying on him being top shelf and he came back looking like fat bastard.
The only thing stopping TPJ from becoming a great prop is his attitude and his self discipline.
zim
Laurie Daley

Post by zim »

Yeah 100%.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

So, Fensom the bronco

Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
LP Raider
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Master Bateman

Post by LP Raider »

dubby wrote: January 8, 2019, 10:55 am So, Fensom the bronco

Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Good for him, someone I will always cheer on.
WorkChoice
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Brisbane Broncos’ best 17 for 2019 NRL season: Anthony Seibold’s challenges with young gun roster

Fox Sports best 17

1. Darius Boyd
2. Corey Oates
3. Jack Bird
4. James Roberts
5. Jamayne Isaako
6. Anthony Milford
7. Kodi Nikorima
8. Matt Lodge
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Joe Ofahengaue
11. Jaydn Su’A
12. Matt Gillett
13. Tevita Pangai Jnr

14. Alex Glenn
15. David Fifita
16. Payne Haas
17. Kotoni Staggs

Read more: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 3a83e1d8c6
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Shaun Fensom's Brisbane Broncos deal was 15 years in the making

For several months after his Cowboys contract expired, Shaun Fensom was working as a carpenter hoping his professional rugby league career was not over.

The hard work that has defined his NRL career eventually paid off and now the 30-year-old forward is hell-bent on forcing his way into the Broncos top 17.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/01/15/sha ... he-making/
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Brisbane Broncos star Payne Haas fined $10,000, suspended for Integrity Unit breach

Broncos prop Payne Haas has been fined $10,000 and will be stood down for the start of the premiership by his club for refusing to co-operate with the NRL integrity unit, it has been reported. The Broncos sanctioned Haas following an off-field brawl involving relatives at last year's QRL semi-final and another off-field incident, also involving family members.

Read more: https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/broncos-st ... d9f87ba8b6
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

It appears he wasn’t involved in the incident... one a dispute between family members, the other a brawl at a QRL semi final involving his brother and sisters. He’s not under investigation by police for any wrong doing. But how on earth is he permitted to play if he refuses to talk to the Integrity Unit?
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Why would he refuse to cooperate with the Integrity unit and why would the Broncos stand him down if he wasn't guilty of something?

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

yep strange, taking a leaf out of the Andrew Gee Playbook.

He would've been warned in advance about the punishment and given time to correct himself, so whatever he was withholding was more important than $10k and 2 NRL games. Either that or he has a really, really poor attitude.
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

The question I have is did he now comply? Or you can just not comply and cop a punishment.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

edwahu wrote: February 20, 2019, 9:18 am The question I have is did he now comply? Or you can just not comply and cop a punishment.
It appears to be the latter.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Well the Broncos did set that precedent with the investigation into their salary cap issues when Gee and the Broncos league's club refused to cooperate with the NRL.

T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

EDIT He might have made the smart choice in running dead on the investigation.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Haas fined $20,000, suspended for four NRL games by Broncos

Boom Brisbane Broncos prop Payne Haas has been fined $20,000 by the club and stood down for the opening four rounds of the 2019 NRL competition for failing to co-operate with the NRL Integrity Unit regarding an incident involving his family.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/02/20/haa ... y-broncos/

‘There was no violence from Haas’: Bronco suspended, slapped with fine: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 0722d56364
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

T_R wrote:EDIT He might have made the smart choice in running dead on the investigation.
These days it's odd that there isn't some footage of the incident floating around? I guess you wouldn't accuse an upstanding organisation like the Broncos or News Ltd of purchasing and concealing said footage.

Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Broncos have it nailed now. With any incident they simply refuse to answer questions.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Manchild
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Past: Brad Clyde
Present: Shaun Fensom

Post by Manchild »

Gets fined and suspended for not snitching on his family when he was not directly involved. Good on him. Stuff the NRL what right do they have when he wasn't actually doing anything wrong in the first place.
zim
Laurie Daley

Post by zim »

Happy to see players not cooperating getting punished. Hope there is more of it.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Manchild wrote:Gets fined and suspended for not snitching on his family when he was not directly involved. Good on him. Stuff the NRL what right do they have when he wasn't actually doing anything wrong in the first place.
Why are we all assuming that?

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

T_R wrote: February 20, 2019, 3:19 pm
Manchild wrote:Gets fined and suspended for not snitching on his family when he was not directly involved. Good on him. Stuff the NRL what right do they have when he wasn't actually doing anything wrong in the first place.
Why are we all assuming that?
Because your post got edited, and now I don't know WHAT to believe in anymore.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Wonder if the truth will ever surface so we can all compare it to other examples of misbehaviour, ie. Wighton - 10 weeks.

BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

Broncos have adopted the defensive methods of Sargent Schultz from Hogans Heroes.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Brisbane Broncos won't get into bidding war for Tevita Pangai Jnr

Brisbane are determined to keep off-contract forward Tevita Pangai jnr at the club long term but won’t get into a bidding war for his services for several reasons.

If Pangai is offered a big-money deal - potentially around the $1 million per season ballpark - by another club, the Broncos will shake his hand and wish him all the best.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/04/01/bri ... or-pangai/
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Fair go..

I'm not believing that.

Brisbane is a one team town with TPAs on tap. If they want to keep TPJ(of course they do)they'll find the $$$. They've a probably already made him an offer, he's accepted...

Then..

In a few months TPJ comes out and says" I'm happy to be staying with the Broncos for the next 4yrs, I could have taken more $$$ at another club but I believe we have a squad here capable of success and I want to be part of that"
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

it's just rd 73 in the Broncos vs Bennett war

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

I don't/won't believe anything coming out of Brisbane..
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

TPJ to stay at Broncos on the minimum Salary allowed under the cap.

TPJ seen getting new house keys cut at Bunnings.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

The irony of the Broncos trying to put the spotlight on the Roosters for salary cap issues.