The Television Thread

Discuss music, movies, TV shows and video games

Moderator: GH Moderators

dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Re: The Television Thread

Post by dubby »

I really enjoyed Haunting of Hill House. Not as much as the wife. She didn't like Ozark.

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

gangrenous wrote:What’s the offering in terms of cricket and NRL like? How’d they land access?

Forgot my most important question. Will Phil Gould be on it?
It's a subsidiary of Foxtel, so it's all the Fox Sports channels, ESPN's and bein sports
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Just caught up with the first two episodes of the Murphy Brown reboot on Ten Play. Loved that show, just as good as ever.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

Loved Hill House and I’m loving Castle Rock. The ep that followed Sissy Spacek was a slow burn, but overall it’s good. Worried with it being a JJ Abrams show, it’ll go down the way of Lost.

Any Luther fans in here?

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Mind Hunter is a good show

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

T_R wrote:
Dr Zaius wrote:
-GD- wrote:
Dr Zaius wrote:Watching The Man in The High Castle on Amazon Prime. Set in a Nazi/Japanese ruled US in the 60s, after we lost WWII
Fantastic series.
Oh my God. Such a good show.
Series three gets a little wandering and lost, unfortunately.
I think that it was better than Season 2. They both pale in comparison to season 1 which was magnificent
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Just finished watching "Harold and Lillian A Hollywood Love Story". Documentary about people involved in the film industry. Really worth watching.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Secret City. Yay or nay?

House of Cards rip-off opening annoys me.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I enjoyed it.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Alright, thanks. Ill commit a rainy afternoon to it then.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Ozark better than I anticipated

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Just watched the first episode of "The Latest". Late night Seven News show, with Michael Usher. Gosh he is a professional TV journalist. I saw him interviewing on Sunrise the other day, and he wouldn't let go of "fob off" answers. Good program.

Interesting to see him bandied about for a return to Nine, after both Stefanovics have been dumped from morning TV on Nine. Karl has surely suffered one of the biggest falls in Australian TV history. Can't say I'm sorry in the case of Karl.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Australian TV legend Penny Cook dies, aged 61: https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/t ... 87fd1d192b

:cry:
Brewdle
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Love em all

The Television Thread

Post by Brewdle »

That’s sad, only 11 years on me, I’d better knock up that will

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Through the first five episodes of Escape at Dannemora on Stan.

Slow going... but amazing acting and production.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Finished Escape at Dannemore. A bit slow going to start, but it is one of the best TV shows of the year, no doubt. Incredible acting performances, and the production was outstanding.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Just finished The Kominsky Method on Netflix. Can't say I liked it a lot. Michael Douglas and Alan Arkin are great actors. Worth it to see that I guess. There were some very big laughs but it is more an "amusing" show. The big laughs were few and far between. Can't say I've really like Michael Douglas in anything since The Streets of San Francisco. What a great show that was.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Thank you YouTube for delivering me an episode! They have to do a reboot of this!
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

greeneyed wrote:Finished Escape at Dannemore. A bit slow going to start, but it is one of the best TV shows of the year, no doubt. Incredible acting performances, and the production was outstanding.
Speaking of great performances I watched Split on Netflix tonight. McAvoy was amazing.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

What is Split about?
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

I'm still getting over the episode of Dr Pimplepopper my sister encouraged me to watch..

Wow..
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

greeneyed wrote:What is Split about?
It's a M Night Shamalya (?) Movie. Without giving too much away it's a story about a guy with a split personality.

FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

gergreg wrote:
greeneyed wrote:What is Split about?
It's a M Night Shamalya (?) Movie. Without giving too much away it's a story about a guy with a split personality.

I’ve heard it’s sort of a sequel to Unbreakable. I’m dying to watch it
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

And a prequel to the new Mr Glass, which actually inspired me to watch it.

Brewdle
Brett Mullins

Post by Brewdle »

You won’t like it GE, it’s about people with super powers...but give it a go, starting with the Bruce Willis lead Unbreakable

FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Unbreakable was amazing, it’s what it building me up for Split

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Nickman's love of NSW
LimeGreenMachine
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by LimeGreenMachine »

Anyone watch Bloom ?

Enjoyable 6 episode Aussie drama .
Brewdle
Brett Mullins

Post by Brewdle »

Certainly did LGM, missus n I enjoyed it - Bryan Brown nuff said, support cast were great

LimeGreenMachine
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by LimeGreenMachine »

Brewdle wrote: January 12, 2019, 6:14 pm Certainly did LGM, missus n I enjoyed it - Bryan Brown nuff said, support cast were great

There were some great acting and actors in it. Not the usual same culprits who star in Aussie TV. Some oldies got a run .
It was a good story line too.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Just watched Killing Eve. It's free on ABC iview and really worth a watch if you haven't already. I guess we're going to have a Season 2!
Brewdle
Brett Mullins

Post by Brewdle »

Killing Eve was great viewing, we just binged Sex Education on Netflix, pretty cool, funny show

Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Green eyed Mick »

Watched Cobra Kai. Pretty lame but the first few episodes aren't bad for a bit of 80's nostalgia. Couldn't get through more than a handful of episodes.

Just finished Season Three of Narcos. Not as good as season one but much better than season two.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Any views on the opening episode of True Detective Season 3?

Got to admit, I'm struggling to work out what on earth is going on.
Brewdle
Brett Mullins

Post by Brewdle »

Opening was a double ep, now on ep 3, digging it, much better than season 2 but you need to pay attention - phone off for the ep

Brewdle
Brett Mullins

Post by Brewdle »

Valley of the Boom on Fox has been cool after two eps, telling the story of the browser wars in Silicon Valkey