Wests Tigers 2018

Talk about NRL, State of Origin, Tests, Four Nations, World Cup, everything rugby league

Moderator: GH Moderators

Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Re: Wests Tigers 2018

Post by Sid »

Wests Tigers mistake was not declaring a deal to the NRL - because they didn’t know they had to

🤦🏻‍♂️
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I mean I know you have to declare such deals... and I’m not running a football club.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

Yeah, you would think it’s someone’s job in the TigPies to ensure they are compliant to issues like this.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

GE does it actually go onto a teams cap, because every single club in the competition does it. We did it many years ago with Glen Turner and there really is no other explanation for the Brett White coaching gig other than enticing him to retire.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

gergreg wrote:GE does it actually go onto a teams cap, because every single club in the competition does it. We did it many years ago with Glen Turner and there really is no other explanation for the Brett White coaching gig other than enticing him to retire.

It is supposed to.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

greeneyed wrote:
gergreg wrote:GE does it actually go onto a teams cap, because every single club in the competition does it. We did it many years ago with Glen Turner and there really is no other explanation for the Brett White coaching gig other than enticing him to retire.

It is supposed to.

Just another grey area for clubs to exploit. How is this deal any different to Lockyer? It's difficult to prove but I'd guess he is still on the Broncos payroll. Then you have your former players who transition into the water boy or trainer role. Tigers I guess were just dumb for formalising the role.

Shoving it in your face since 2017
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Well, apparently the Tigers have lost their CEO, but more importantly just taken a $639,000 hit to their salary cap for 2019.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

gergreg wrote: December 19, 2018, 10:10 am
greeneyed wrote:

It is supposed to.

Just another grey area for clubs to exploit. How is this deal any different to Lockyer? It's difficult to prove but I'd guess he is still on the Broncos payroll. Then you have your former players who transition into the water boy or trainer role. Tigers I guess were just dumb for formalising the role.

I presume other clubs are not silly enough to put a deal in writing, and then deliberately mislead the NRL by not disclosing it.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

T_R wrote: December 19, 2018, 11:22 am Well, apparently the Tigers have lost their CEO, but more importantly just taken a $639,000 hit to their salary cap for 2019.
About time the NRL got tough on the cap...

Oh, that's right... they have a $1 million loop hole in the cap for the Storm and Broncos...
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

T_R wrote:Well, apparently the Tigers have lost their CEO, but more importantly just taken a $639,000 hit to their salary cap for 2019.
Plus a $750k fine.

That's got to hurt, the tigers are not a financially strong club.

The long term future of the tigers is looking a bit shaky.

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Weren't the Tigs one of the bottom feeders on that recently released TPA graph as well ?

This has to sting.

They may need to release Chris Lawerence.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Sid
Ricky Stuart

Post by Sid »

It's funny on so many levels when a team with one of the worst 3 rosters in the ERL are stung with a salary cap breach

-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Sid wrote: December 19, 2018, 11:53 am It's funny on so many levels when a team with one of the worst 3 rosters in the ERL are stung with a salary cap breach
And yet a club in Queensland carries on with the business of rorting at will !!!
yeh raiders
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by yeh raiders »

NRL is worst run professional sport on the planet. Fact.
Sid
Ricky Stuart

Post by Sid »

-PJ- wrote: December 19, 2018, 11:55 am
Sid wrote: December 19, 2018, 11:53 am It's funny on so many levels when a team with one of the worst 3 rosters in the ERL are stung with a salary cap breach
And yet a club in Queensland carries on with the business of rorting at will !!!
nek minnut courier mail article with quotes from Andrew Gee saying how unacceptable this is from the Tigers

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Sid wrote: December 19, 2018, 12:21 pm
nek minnut courier mail article with quotes from Andrew Gee saying how unacceptable this is from the Tigers
That's got to be a meme! Make it happen!
Sid
Ricky Stuart

Post by Sid »

greeneyed wrote:

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

:) :lol:
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

CLUB STATEMENT: Wests Tigers will fight de-registration of CEO Justin Pascoe

At 8am this morning the NRL informed Wests Tigers that it is issuing a preliminary breach notice in relation to an ambassador agreement with Robbie Farah.

The club is shocked with the decision and extremely disappointed in the process.

It is an arrangement that Wests Tigers had with Robbie that is unrelated to his career as a player. The club does not know if he is going to take it up and Robbie has not indicated his intention in return.

The reason the ambassadorship was offered in November 2015 is that then new CEO Justin Pascoe felt that the club had disrespected Robbie and this was a way to show him the respect that Justin felt he deserved as a Life Member and club legend due to the overwhelming support Robbie had at the time from Members and fans.

Most importantly Wests Tigers derive absolutely no advantage from this arrangement. It is not tied in any way to Robbie's playing contract.

Wests Tigers are particularly concerned about the wrongful attack on the integrity of the club's CEO. For the last three years Justin has shown nothing but respect for the NRL and the salary cap.

The club will be vigorously defending this.

Wests Tigers media release

Tigers not disclosing Farah's post-career role gets CEO in trouble: https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/12/19/wes ... n-trouble/

Wests Tigers CEO de-registered by NRL: https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/12/19/wes ... ed-by-nrl/
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Sid wrote: December 19, 2018, 1:21 pm
greeneyed wrote:

Oh, that is out of this world.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

Yeah it's a bit of a joke. Even the TPAs aside, you see it elsewhere.

- The "market rate" clause which was only every applied to Parra when they were about to sign Folau while Brisbane had Parker on 250k and Lockyer on 300k and signed Milford for half of our offer.

- Darius Boyd is promised a job post football in his last deal. This is spun as a positive in the press releases.

- Parker and Hodges get TV gigs post retirement at a company partially owned by the Broncos owner, despite having no natural presenting ability at all.

- Broncos former chairman admits at a Royal commission that players were given cash by the thoroughbreds

- Andrew Gee

- Greg Inglis rings up Gallop and threatens to quit the game if the NRL investigates his TPAs. The next day his contract is registered.

And I am sure there are more examples.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Yeah..cmon Todd get on a plane and head to Brisbane. It's only an hour.

You don't even need a passport...

Do a little digging, your head won't stop spinning I swear.

There's gold in Red Hill Mr Greenburg...find it.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

All that is legit, Ed, if declared to the NRL. And, if Fox approach them to head up that stupid QLDers only show, good on them.

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

-PJ- wrote: December 19, 2018, 1:51 pm Yeah..cmon Todd get on a plane and head to Brisbane. It's only an hour.

Waste of time. Broncos are masters of circumventing the cap. They are smarter and better prepared than those who would be investigating it.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Northern Raider wrote:
-PJ- wrote: December 19, 2018, 1:51 pm Yeah..cmon Todd get on a plane and head to Brisbane. It's only an hour.

Waste of time. Broncos are masters of circumventing the cap. They are smarter and better prepared than those who would be investigating it.
And I think circumventing is the right word. I doubt they are doing too much too actually break the rules.

-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

T_R wrote: December 20, 2018, 7:28 pm
Northern Raider wrote:

And I think circumventing is the right word. I doubt they are doing too much too actually break the rules.
I'm not too concerned about the Tigers.

They cheated and finished 9th..
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ken Nagas

Post by Raiders666 »

Always had a soft spot for the Tigers...The whole thing stinks to me
the bone
John Ferguson

Post by the bone »

Raiders666 wrote: December 21, 2018, 2:49 am Always had a soft spot for the Tigers...The whole thing stinks to me
What stinks? The Farah deal or the punishment?
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

the bone wrote:
Raiders666 wrote: December 21, 2018, 2:49 am Always had a soft spot for the Tigers...The whole thing stinks to me
What stinks? The Farah deal or the punishment?
Think he means the soft spot
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ken Nagas

Post by Raiders666 »

I can't even remember now...I was blind drunk at the time 🤔