Off topic

The social club of The Greenhouse

Moderator: GH Moderators

-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Re: Off topic

Post by -PJ- »

Winding down for Christmas holidays now.

This is my last week..5 shifts to go.

The wife is booked in for surgery on Dec13 so I'll be at home all Christmas looking after her.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

She ok pj?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Hey dub..how are doin ?

She has a stomal hernia.

3yrs ago she had a ruptured bowel. She went into surgery and had all that fixed up which resulted in a colostomy bag for approx 8months. Then she went back in to have the bowel reconnected and all that went well as well. She s been living comfortably ever since but her plumbling ain't right..she's not consistent with her 2s if you get my drift and and constipated a lot.

Anyway where the hole in her belly was healed up ok but there's a hernia protruding out and is causing some discomfort.

It's routine, I believe she'll be fine but I can't help to be a little nervous.

I'll be home for 4 weeks while she recovers. If she's not up and about come 14thJan(back to work) I'll need some more time off.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Hope Mrs PJ gets well soon!
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

greeneyed wrote: December 3, 2018, 12:28 pm Hope Mrs PJ gets well soon!
Thanks GE.

Surgery..even minor, routine..run of the mill stuff makes one anxious.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

She'll be fine, PJ Image

Until it's footy season and you go back to a constant state of melancholy... like all of us

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

dubby wrote: December 4, 2018, 7:53 am She'll be fine, PJ Image

Until it's footy season and you go back to a constant state of melancholy... like all of us

Yeah..my wife's favourite time of the year is March to Sept.

Cheers dub...
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Mate, watching the raiders gives is all the ****s. Just get her watching them. No need for surgery

-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

dubby wrote: December 4, 2018, 11:30 am Mate, watching the raiders gives is all the ****s. Just get her watching them. No need for surgery

We'll spend the Christmas break watching the 3box set of DVDs I'll have on high rotation.

89GF
90GF
94GF

That'll sort her out !!!
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by reptar »

-PJ- wrote:
dubby wrote: December 4, 2018, 11:30 am Mate, watching the raiders gives is all the ****s. Just get her watching them. No need for surgery

We'll spend the Christmas break watching the 3box set of DVDs I'll have on high rotation.

89GF
90GF
94GF

That'll sort her out !!!
When are the UHD bluray editions coming out?
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

PJ sounds similar to what a good mate of mine went through. He had his reversal just before GF day and he seems to be going ok. Hope it works out.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

gergreg wrote: December 5, 2018, 6:09 pm PJ sounds similar to what a good mate of mine went through. He had his reversal just before GF day and he seems to be going ok. Hope it works out.

Cheers.

I've got today and tomorrow and I'm done for 2018 .

Missus goes in next Thursday(13th)
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Every year employees at my work get a Xmas gift.

It's either a ham or a voucher..$50 value.

This year, some peanut from MISmanagement forgot to pre order the hams through Woolworths. Everybody who chooses the ham every year is pi55ed..myself included. It's a full ham which feeds the 3 of us basically all summer..

So they told us all about 2 weeks ago there'd be no hams and we get a voucher instead. After the blood pressure went back down to normal levels this happened..

Yesterday I saw my boss and asked him could I pick up my voucher on Fri(today)as I'm finishing a few days early in preparation of my wife's hospital visit.
"Oh" he says. They haven't arrived yet and probably won't be here till next year...

So I'm up him..you've got to believe me, these people running the show are a damn joke.

"So the voucher I was going to use to buy a ham which I'm not getting because some a-hat forgot to order hasn't arrived"? So effectively we aren't getting a Xmas gift ? You can not make this crap up I said. You people are a disgrace..Tommorrow is my last day for the year and I'm going half arsed..have yourself a Merry Christmas..
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

What a circus PJ. If a pleb did that, there would be action, I'm sure

gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

That sucks PJ.

The person that organised our Christmas lunch chose a fancy burger joint. 45 bucks for all you can eat burgers. I'm one of those sad sacks who is gluten free so... yeah sucks to be me... I'm not particularly excited about burgers for **** Christmas.

Shoving it in your face since 2017
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

We are in our 2nd year of new ownership.

Last Christmas was sweet, no change, we got looked after.

The honeymoon is over.

And I bet our billionaire owner has no idea how his people in Newcastle are being treated.

They really are a pathetic bunch.

And I'm not alone letting them know..
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

People enjoy a bit of appreciation. Giving them a $50 ham on time for Christmas isn't that bloody hard.

-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

I've always appreciated that ham at Christmas.

It's one less thing I needed to worry about.

We have over 600 employees here at Newcastle. Back in late Oct they came around and asked everyone if they wanted a ham or a voucher. They crunch the numbers and send a pre order requisition form to front office in Newcastle. Some seat warmer had the job of contacting Woolworths, ordering and paying for so many hams..however many !!

He/she missed the cut off and we all missed out.

It ain't hard is it ?
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Just like making sure you fill your contract obligations to ACT government.

-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Ha..

Paid.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

Things have gone downhill for us also. We used to get $50 vouchers, as well as Xmas and Financial Year parties.
The Financial Year party just stopped 2 years ago, with management acting as if we never had one to begin with. No explanation or anything. This year, the same happened with the Xmas party. No explanation, just dropped off, as though we wouldn’t notice. We’re also noticing nothing has been said about the voucher either.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Sensible cost savings maximising returns to shareholders. Good stuff.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

No Christmas hams in the APS...
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Honestly, I wouldn’t mind if they came out and said they’re cutting this stuff because of budget/saving face after royal commission/whatever. I’d be annoyed, but understand.

It’s the whole Sgt Shultz management method that’s getting everyone

Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

played cricket, beat the worst team in the comp on a deadset road, didn't bowl didn't bat dropped a 50/50 catch.
Normally open, skip puts me at 7 to close out, played 5 games coming in at 5/30 chasing 200+ 3 times can't get going on goat tracks, 2 games on roads top order does the job. Same blokes in top order no matter lack of scores. Do I have any right to be ****?
Game next week then 6 weeks break for Mickey mouse t20 8 a side comp.

Edrick The Entertainer
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Off topic

Went into Kmart over the weekend. They sell NBL merch. Jerseys and shorts. Not team jerseys, jerseys with just the NBL logo on them.

Am I the only one who thinks this is odd? It would be like the NRL selling their own jerseys. Who out there is saying “I don’t follow a particular team. But I’m a fan of the league”?

Nickman's love of NSW
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

That's all screwed up I agree..
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

-TW- wrote:No Christmas hams in the APS...
All they have left is the earthquake ham

-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Well its all systems go for Mrs PJ tomorrow.

The hospital just rang, I've got to have her at admissions JHH at 1130am.

She's fasting from midnight..
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

-PJ- wrote:Well its all systems go for Mrs PJ tomorrow.

all the best for tomorrow mate

Edrick The Entertainer
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

bonehead wrote: December 12, 2018, 6:47 pm
-PJ- wrote:Well its all systems go for Mrs PJ tomorrow.

all the best for tomorrow mate

Thanks mate.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Hope all goes well today PJ!
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

greeneyed wrote: December 13, 2018, 4:56 am Hope all goes well today PJ!
Cheers GE.

She's up outta bed and soon has to have a special shower and cleanse herself with this pre-op stuff.

It smells real bad. She used it last night before bed.

Luckily she gets to rinse it off the water.

I'm going to get pretty busy in the next week or so. Whilst going back and forth to the hospital I'm still transporting our son to and from his carers, cooking(cough) and doing my very best not to strangle my mother in law.

I'm on holidays thank god. I can't even have a beer until these long days are over.
Brewdle
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Love em all

Post by Brewdle »

Woeful stuff PJ, hope your lovely wife recovers quickly!

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

All the best PJ.