Raiders express interest in Shaun Johnson, he signs with Sharks

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

Would you like to see Shaun Johnson join the Raiders?

Yes, of course
50%
Yes, but we're no chance
40%
No, he's not what we need
10%

Total votes: 42

greeneyed
Don Furner

Re: Canberra Raiders express interest in Kiwi superstar Shaun Johnson

Post by greeneyed »

JezTez1984 wrote: November 27, 2018, 9:44 pm
greeneyed wrote: November 27, 2018, 9:38 pm
gergreg wrote: November 27, 2018, 9:33 pm This is really tough to watch. You okay GE, you seem a little tense?

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk
I'm furious for all sorts of reasons gerg!

Just been told our home game at Wagga... well we can't get a grandstand seat... at best we get general admission. I'm furious for all sorts of reasons!
Please dont tell me you'll have to sit in a normal seat with the rest of us poverty stricken chaps?? Oh the chaos :P
There are no general admission "seats" at that ground.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

greeneyed wrote: November 27, 2018, 9:44 pm
gergreg wrote: November 27, 2018, 9:33 pm This is really tough to watch. You okay GE, you seem a little tense?

Just been told our home game at Wagga... well we can't get a grandstand seat... at best we get general admission. I'm furious for all sorts of reasons!
Please dont tell me you'll have to sit in a normal seat with the rest of us poverty stricken chaps?? Oh the chaos :P
As long as the corporate boxes are air conditioned I'm OK with it.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Northern Raider wrote: November 27, 2018, 9:47 pm

I somehow doubt that. There is a sort of indoor area in the grandstand, which I guess they will use for corporates and the Wagga Council. There are no corporate boxes or any corporate facilities of any kind that you'd see at any NRL stadium.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

greeneyed wrote: November 27, 2018, 9:49 pm
Northern Raider wrote: November 27, 2018, 9:47 pm

I somehow doubt that. There is a sort of indoor area in the grandstand, which I guess they will use for corporates and the Wagga Council. There are no corporate boxes or any corporate facilities of any kind that you'd see at any NRL stadium.
Wait WHAT!!! :woot:
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
JezTez1984
Noa Nadruku
Favourite Player: Tapine

Post by JezTez1984 »

So theres no grand stand seats, theres no general admission seats.. where the hell is the crowd going to go??
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Surely the have a bunker-like underground Pleasure Dome? Or the corporates will be floated above the ground in flying drone chairs?
JezTez1984
Noa Nadruku

Post by JezTez1984 »

greeneyed wrote: November 27, 2018, 9:44 pm He's not coming.
Prove it.
El_Capitano
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by El_Capitano »

HE’S COMING!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How soon IS now?
JezTez1984
Noa Nadruku

Post by JezTez1984 »

BadnMean wrote: November 27, 2018, 10:05 pm Surely the have a bunker-like underground Pleasure Dome? Or the corporates will be floated above the ground in flying drone chairs?
I'm sure greeneyed has a helicopter that we can all cramp into to get a birds eye view of the game. Surely this site makes millions in revenue??
JezTez1984
Noa Nadruku

Post by JezTez1984 »

EVH wrote: November 27, 2018, 9:41 pm Apparently she also plays basketball so maybe there is a chance she could become A Capital? Get Jacko on the phone..
Well there you go, problem solved. The reason of johnson not coming because his Mrs is a netballer is now void. It's happening.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

BadnMean wrote: November 27, 2018, 10:05 pm Surely the have a bunker-like underground Pleasure Dome? Or the corporates will be floated above the ground in flying drone chairs?
When you say "bunker-like" are you referring to a room with 3 referees surrounded by a bunch of TV screens?
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

For those people who have never been to McDonalds Park at Wagga Wagga... there is a small grandstand, very small. Clearly, this is not being made available to the general public. So your options are to stand, sit on the small hill looking into the sun... or not much else. Bring a fold up chair if you want to sit, but you probably won't see the game. It is a very poor quality ground, even for a country town. There are much better facilities at Dubbo, Mudgee, Tamworth... even Albury, which is a poor ground for rugby league. I just shake my head at the fact that the club has elected to take one of our home premiership games to such a poor quality venue.
JezTez1984
Noa Nadruku

Post by JezTez1984 »

greeneyed wrote: November 27, 2018, 10:15 pm For those people who have never been to McDonalds Park at Wagga Wagga... there is a small grandstand, very small. Clearly, this is not being made available to the general public. So your options are to stand, sit on the small hill looking into the sun... or not much else. Bring a fold up chair if you want to sit, but you probably won't see the game. It is a very poor quality ground, even for a country town. There are much better facilities at Dubbo, Mudgee, Tamworth... even Albury, which is a poor ground for rugby league. I just shake my head at the fact that the club has elected to take one of our home premiership games to such a poor quality venue.
I have a few questions.

Firstly, why did you allow the club to take a match to such a poor venue?

Secondly, how much will it cost to rent out the grandstand for this event?

Thirdly, if I forget my fold up chair will there be fold up chairs provided by yourself or the venue?

Fourthly, why will I miss the game if I choose to rest peacefully in my fold up chair?

Fifthly, are you into the Turps tonight?
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

JezTez1984 wrote: November 27, 2018, 10:25 pm
greeneyed wrote: November 27, 2018, 10:15 pm For those people who have never been to McDonalds Park at Wagga Wagga... there is a small grandstand, very small. Clearly, this is not being made available to the general public. So your options are to stand, sit on the small hill looking into the sun... or not much else. Bring a fold up chair if you want to sit, but you probably won't see the game. It is a very poor quality ground, even for a country town. There are much better facilities at Dubbo, Mudgee, Tamworth... even Albury, which is a poor ground for rugby league. I just shake my head at the fact that the club has elected to take one of our home premiership games to such a poor quality venue.
I have a few questions.

Thirdly, if I forget my fold up chair will there be fold up chairs provided by yourself or the venue?

Fourthly, why will I miss the game if I choose to rest peacefully in my fold up chair?

1. I don't choose.
2. I don't know, but it seems to be taken by the Wagga Council for this event.
3. No.
4. Obstructed views.
5. Would you like to be banned tonight?
JezTez1984
Noa Nadruku

Post by JezTez1984 »

greeneyed wrote: November 27, 2018, 10:29 pm
JezTez1984 wrote: November 27, 2018, 10:25 pm
I have a few questions.

1. I don't choose.
2. I don't know, but it seems to be taken by the Wagga Council for this event.
3. No.
4. Obstructed views.
5. Would you like to be banned tonight?
:roflmao banned for what exactly?
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

You've been banned before... we've allowed you to come back, multiple times. But if you want to remain, we suggest you settle down.
El_Capitano
Brett Mullins

Post by El_Capitano »

greeneyed wrote:You've been banned before... we've allowed you to come back, multiple times. But if you want to remain, we suggest you settle down.
Are you talking to me?

How soon IS now?
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

El_Capitano wrote: November 27, 2018, 10:32 pm
greeneyed wrote:You've been banned before... we've allowed you to come back, multiple times. But if you want to remain, we suggest you settle down.
Are you talking to me?

No.
El_Capitano
Brett Mullins

Post by El_Capitano »

greeneyed wrote:
El_Capitano wrote: November 27, 2018, 10:32 pm
Are you talking to me?

No.
Damn right!

How soon IS now?
JezTez1984
Noa Nadruku

Post by JezTez1984 »

greeneyed wrote: November 27, 2018, 10:31 pm You've been banned before... we've allowed you to come back, multiple times. But if you want to remain, we suggest you settle down.
Settle down :lol: I am that out of control am I? For the record I have never been a member of this forum in my lifetime. If you cared to check my IP address you would be well aware of that. But no, I have apparently been here before and been banned many times. You learn something new about yourself every day 🤔😱
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

JezTez1984 wrote: November 27, 2018, 10:35 pm
greeneyed wrote: November 27, 2018, 10:31 pm You've been banned before... we've allowed you to come back, multiple times. But if you want to remain, we suggest you settle down.
Settle down :lol: I am that out of control am I? For the record I have never been a member of this forum in my lifetime. If you cared to check my IP address you would be well aware of that. But no, I have apparently been here before and been banned many times. You learn something new about yourself every day 🤔😱
You have been warned... again. Settle down.
JezTez1984
Noa Nadruku

Post by JezTez1984 »

Here come the forum cops, lighten up, ey buddy?
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

We will bring T_R in next. Then you'll settle down! :)
El_Capitano
Brett Mullins

Post by El_Capitano »

How soon IS now?
El_Capitano
Brett Mullins

Post by El_Capitano »

Also...

He’s coming!

How soon IS now?
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

I ban because I don't care

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ken Nagas

Post by Raiders666 »

Haven't the NRL effectively put an end to back ended contracts now?
thedevilingreen
Alan Tongue

Post by thedevilingreen »

Nah I'm over it....To be honest Jnr and he who breaks things would rather sign forwards and defend drunk morons then getting quality players into the club.

Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Always be yourself.... Unless you can be batman.... Then you should always be batman
Dusty
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Past: Daley
Present: Strange

Post by Dusty »

Widdop has asked for an immediate release to return to the UK. Dragons just formed in the betting for SJ

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Dusty wrote: November 28, 2018, 6:12 am Widdop has asked for an immediate release to return to the UK. Dragons just formed in the betting for SJ

What!! :shock:

We've got half of England here in Canberra now, surely we are now an option for him!

Man, that mixes things up a bit.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Dusty wrote: November 28, 2018, 6:12 am Widdop has asked for an immediate release to return to the UK. Dragons just formed in the betting for SJ

Claiming to be homesick. He’s been in Australia nearly 10 years hasn’t he?
Edit: he moved here with his family when he was 16.
kiwi raider
Steve Walters

Post by kiwi raider »

Warriors CEO Cameron George to make an announcement on this at 10.45 NZ time, so in around 1hour
luke
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by luke »

Northern Raider wrote: November 28, 2018, 6:31 am

Claiming to be homesick. He’s been in Australia nearly 10 years hasn’t he?
Edit: he moved here with his family when he was 16.
It can creep up on you
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Post by Manbush »

T_R wrote: November 27, 2018, 11:56 pm I ban because I don't care
You haven’t banned me yet does that mean you do care :)
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Manbush wrote: November 28, 2018, 7:03 am
T_R wrote: November 27, 2018, 11:56 pm I ban because I don't care
You haven’t banned me yet does that mean you do care :)
He keeps you around to break the monotony