Walking Dead (spoilers)

Discuss music, movies, TV shows and video games

Moderator: GH Moderators

Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Re: Walking Dead - Season 7 and 8 (spoilers)

Post by Manbush »

Yeah I’d forgotten all about the college talk, he was supposedly a key figure in the next phase in the comics so wonder who’ll take his role, Enid’s a popular guess that I’ve heard.
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
Brewdle
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Love em all

Post by Brewdle »

He said in an interview college had nothing to do with it, he was going to work around it and it came as a complete surprise, his dad is furious with the show runners as they led him to believe he’d be around for longer
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

That one surprised me
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

Yeah I was shocked also. I remember the last episode where he got mobbed by those zombies while saving Saddiq, wondering if he got bit. That’s my answer.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Doesn't make sense to kill Carl off. Losing Glen and now Carl is significant as they are original cast. Can't replace that sort of loyalty and sentiment.

Would have been more sense to kill off anyone who arrived within the past two years
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Walking Dead - Season 7 and 8 (spoilers)

Scott M Gimple explained how apparently in the comics there’s a flash forward where Rick and Negan are somewhat civil, but doesn’t explain why.

So he thought he would deviate from the comic and thought what would make most sense would be for Carl to go down this road, and become somewhat of a humanitarian. Try to convince Rick in his dying moments that killing all the Saviours won’t solve anything.

Makes sense in that way. Rick won’t listen to anyone as much as he would listen to Carl.

Bigger twist than I expected. I was thinking Rick was going to rage out and kick Darrell out of the group, or kill him for wrecking the plan.

Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

In the comic Ricks group defeat the saviors in a gun fight. Negan is taken captive and was kept in a cell for years. He is set free by a teen with a hatred for Rick, but Negan kills him anyway.
Negan then fights side by side with Dwight in a battle against the Whisperers where lucille breaks.

FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Yeah this was the quote I referenced
Speaking about Gimple's justification for Carl's death, Riggs elaborated: Scott was trying to figure out how to bridge the gap between Rick not wanting to kill Negan and Rick also really wanting to kill Negan, which he does right now [in the show's story]. Scott's way to get around that was to make Carl this really humanitarian figure and person who could see the good in people and see that people can change and not everyone out there is bad.
http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-enter ... 05001.html

Can’t find the exact article re: the flash forward, but it’s out there..

Nickman's love of NSW
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

It's been reported that Scott Wilson, the actor who played Herschel Greene 2010 -2014, has passed away. He was 76 years old.

RIP.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Anybody watch the latest episode this week?

FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Yeah I did. I thought it was really good. Kind of felt a bit old school TWD.

With Lincoln and Cohen moving on this season, I don’t know how much longer I will be able to watch it though. I feel one way or the other, this will be the last season

Nickman's love of NSW
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

I was prutty goode
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

The last one - Episode 3 - was the best one in quite a while
Rick
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by Rick »

Really need to update the title on this thread!!

Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Re: Walking Dead - Season 7, 8 and 9 (spoilers)

Post by Dr Zaius »

Another great episode
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Last nights was good. Not looking forward to next week. I fear this is going to be the last season for me, regardless of how it goes down

Nickman's love of NSW
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:Last nights was good. Not looking forward to next week. I fear this is going to be the last season for me, regardless of how it goes down

No Rick = No watching?
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Gee, is Rick going too die? I envisioned he would just up and leave, expecting a confrontation between him, Maggie and Daryl resulting in Rick walking away.

I'm not sure how this show will go without Rick. He is the centre piece, after all. Unconvinced that Daryl, Maggie, Carol can carry the show

FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Pretty much Zaius, Dubs summed up my thoughts exactly. Not so much due to a love of Rick, but because I don’t think the remaining cast will be able to carry the show.

I was the same, I was hoping he would ride off into the sunset, maybe try and find another group where he can try and build his utopia. That way, if the show starts tanking, they can bring him back if they want.

If only they didn’t kill Carl. I think if Carl was there, he could carry it on. I think Scott M Gimple has back this show into a corner it can’t get out of.

Nickman's love of NSW
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

I disagree. Rick's down my list of favorite characters these days. Plenty of other good ones to carry it on.
Postman Pat
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Hodgson

Post by Postman Pat »

I can’t see how it goes on without Rick, as Fuifiu said, killing Carl was a major @and$kup. I’ve got no doubt if they knew Lincoln was going to walk they wouldn’t have.

Nicky Boi!!!!
Member no: RAI-2913997

Dare To Dream, and believe in Green, for 2019.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Re: Walking Dead (spoilers)

Post by Dr Zaius »

Not sure that they had much chi. Both actors wanted to leave.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Yeah Chandler Riggs wanted to go to uni apparently

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

I like Rick. Always my favourite. I really miss Glenn though Image

FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Incredibly happy with how they did this. Almost like they listened to our rants last week with not following Carl.

Looks like a probably flash forward now, and Rick got to figure out what the deal was with the helicopter.

It’s set up for a return. They can’t keep him alive and never bring him back. Probably a cameo in the grand finale

Nickman's love of NSW
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Yeah that was great. He's one tough hombre.
Brewdle
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Love em all

Post by Brewdle »

Apparently Rick will feature in a trilogy of WD movies that are in development that will explore ‘what happens next’

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Brewdle wrote:Apparently Rick will feature in a trilogy of WD movies that are in development that will explore ‘what happens next’

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
Yeah I was reading that also. He left the show because he wanted to spend more time with his family in London, so I’m wondering if it’ll be based in the UK/Europe?

Might explain why he doesn’t decide to head right back to Alexandria in those 6 years

Nickman's love of NSW
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

dubby wrote:Yeah Chandler Riggs wanted to go to uni apparently

Apparently, his parents bought a house in Georgia, and he was looking at Georgia Colleges because the show gave him the impression he was going to be in it for the long haul.

Nickman's love of NSW
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Some interesting new hair dos this week. Looks like Lucy has moved to Alexandria
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Didn’t mind that episode. Thought the scene with Judith and Negan was interesting.

Nickman's love of NSW
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

They've done this well.

Surprised and happy that garbage lady came good, and that Judith is going to be a typical tough Grimes hombre

FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

dubby wrote:They've done this well.

Surprised and happy that garbage lady came good, and that Judith is going to be a typical tough Grimes hombre

Yeah, I think she gets that from Shane

Nickman's love of NSW
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Shane was a legend. Loved the guy. Probably out of the Negan mould, but i think he was a bit smarter than Rick in some circumstances.
Rick had more compassion early on, whereas Shane was more about looking after his own first.

FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Yeah, I think I said before, I would have loved to see how Shane would’ve handled Negan if he were around.
Shane was good, he snapped about 3 seasons too early. He would have been handy from Governor/Terminus onwards.

I don’t think they would have got into Alexandria with him though

Nickman's love of NSW