greeneyed
Don Furner

2019 Trial 2 V Bulldogs: Teams and Game Day *Teams p1*

Post by greeneyed »

2019 Trial 2 V Bulldogs: Teams and Game Day

Canberra Raiders V Canterbury Bulldogs
Saturday 23 February, 5:00pm
Bega Recreation Ground
Broadcast: Live stream with free NRL Account on NRL.com, raiders.com.au, bulldogs.com.au
Live stream for Andrew Johns and Laurie Daley Cups:

Gates Open 12:30pm
1:25pm Andrew Johns Cup
2:40pm Laurie Daley Cup
5:00pm Canberra Raiders V Canterbury Bulldogs

Tickets: General Admission only, $15: https://www.raidersshop.com.au/2019-tri ... 2309.phtml

Canberra Raiders

Luke Bateman, JJ Collins, Nick Cotric, Jarrod Croker (c), Emre Guler, Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad, Seb Kris, Siliva Havili, Josh Hodgson (c), Corey Horsburgh, Royce Hunt, Dean Matterson, Jack Murchie, Josh Papalii, Tony Satini, Aidan Sezer, Bailey Simonsson, Sia Soliola, Tom Starling, Harley Smith-Shields, Ryan Sutton, Joe Tapine, Matt Timoko, Elliott Whitehead, Jack Wighton, Sam Williams, Hudson Young

Canterbury Bulldogs

Adam Elliott, Aiden Tolman, Chris Smith, Christian Crichton, Corey Harawira-Naera, Danny Fualalo, Dylan Napa, Francis Tualau, Jack Cogger, Jayden Okunbor, Jeremy Marshall-King, Jesse Marschke, John Olive, Josh Jackson, Kerrod Holland, Kieran Foran, Lachlan Lewis, Marcelo Montoya, Michael Lichaa, Morgan Harper, Nick Meaney, Ofahiki Ogden, Raymond Faitala-Mariner, Reimis Smith, Renouf To'omaga, Rhyse Martin, Sauaso Sue, Tui Katoa, Will Hopoate

Match Hashtags: #NRL #WeareRaiders #BleedGreen #NRLRaidersBulldogs

The Greenhouse Hashtags: #WearGreen2019 #FromAllAngles

Plus follow us on Twitter: @TheGHRaiders and Instagram: @TheGHRaiders
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Re: Canberra Raiders to play Canterbury Bulldogs in Bega trial match

Post by gangrenous »

NRL exhibition match for Bega, but not everyone’s impressed

The Bega Valley Shire Council has passed a motion to provide up to $7000 of in-kind support for an NRL trial match in Bega next year. The Raiders-Bulldogs game, scheduled for February 23, could see an influx of between 5000 and 8000 league supporters from within and many from outside the shire. More than 6000 attended the 2011 NRL exhibition match between Canberra and the Melbourne Storm.

However, resistance to the support from councillors Sharon Tapscott and Jo Dodds - who claim NRL players are not of good community standing - has raised a few eyebrows.

“I have a problem with inviting people here with less than exemplary public profiles. We need to send a message that enough is enough. Men’s teams need to be worth looking up to and worth our money,” Cr Tapscott said.

Read more: http://www.merimbulanewsweekly.com.au/s ... d/?cs=1477

And the other trials? Where will they be?

Good on the councillors for making an unpopular stand.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Sharon Tapscott must be fun to be around
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

I’m not surprised, knowing some of the former Bega Valley councillors. There’s been some nut jobs in that Council

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

This is Sharon.

She has a low opinion of all NRL players for some reason. And it's going to cost her community thousands of dollars.

Don't be like Sharon.Image

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
-GD-
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga, Terry Campese, Troy Thompson

Post by -GD- »

You won’t find Shazza at the Local for Friday drinks!
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

dubby wrote:This is Sharon.

She has a low opinion of all NRL players for some reason. And it's going to cost her community thousands of dollars.

Don't be like Sharon.Image

“For some reason” Ha! You’re killing me. Obviously an irrational dislike for a segment of the population who year on year are shining role models.

Her protest vote costs her community nothing I would assume. Might continue some conversation around what are good role models to have, and keep pressure on the NRL to keep lifting their game. It can’t afford to keep making mistakes like Lodge imo.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Sharon is looking at some obvious idiots while conveniently overlooking the many good examples of players who contribute to the community.

Further, while Sharon is setting up to be a moral example for the NRL to tremble in fear of, another town further down the road will happily accept the extra tourists and league fans and the extra revenue they will spend while in town.

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Timbo
David Furner
Favourite Player: Hudson Young

Post by Timbo »

Once Sharon hops down off her cross I’m sure she won’t complain too loudly about the money this generates for the community.

Good to hear about this. Hopefully at least two more to come.
Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is just the train that's about to hit you.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

dubby wrote:Sharon is looking at some obvious idiots while conveniently overlooking the many good examples of players who contribute to the community.

Further, while Sharon is setting up to be a moral example for the NRL to tremble in fear of, another town further down the road will happily accept the extra tourists and league fans and the extra revenue they will spend while in town.

So much better than your convenient overlooking of the fact that our own team has what? Convictions for assault and drink driving in the last couple of years?

She’s got a fair point. Suck it up princesses.
Lui_Bon
Jason Croker

Post by Lui_Bon »

Councillor Tapscott is elected to make her point. If the good people of her shire don't like the outcomes of her deliberations they will vote her out. In the meantime the NRL would be well advised to consider that her point may represent the opinion of more people than just punters on a fan forum, it may actually be a view widespread amongst her constituents.

Can I stop being holier than thou now?
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

gangrenous wrote: September 25, 2018, 10:27 pm
dubby wrote:Sharon is looking at some obvious idiots while conveniently overlooking the many good examples of players who contribute to the community.

So much better than your convenient overlooking of the fact that our own team has what? Convictions for assault and drink driving in the last couple of years?

Yeah, I was initially thinking Shazza was referring to the Bulldogs 'Mad Monday' antics. But when you think about some Raiders individuals and their guilty pleas/behaviour over the past decade, then people in glass houses ......
myanonymoususername
Dean Lance

Post by myanonymoususername »

I never agree with councils and other governments throwing money at professional sporting organisations. These are large commercial ventures. Councils etc surely have better things to do with taxpayers' dollars than support a mickey mouse trial match
kona_dream
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by kona_dream »

myanonymoususername wrote: September 25, 2018, 10:44 pm I never agree with councils and other governments throwing money at professional sporting organisations. These are large commercial ventures. Councils etc surely have better things to do with taxpayers' dollars than support a mickey mouse trial match
But in this case the $7,000 is in kind support, not even actual $.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

gangrenous wrote:

Why make tell anyone who has an alternate opinion to "suck it up", and label them a princess?

You're better than than gangers.

-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Fair go Shazza..

Give yourself an uppercut.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

dubby wrote:Why make tell anyone who has an alternate opinion to "suck it up", and label them a princess?

I’m not really. I am very civil with people of opposing viewpoints that stem from a line of rational argument. But I’m absolutely completely against the modern notion that everyone’s opinions are precious snowflakes to be treasured and weighed equally against others.

If someone has an opinion that stems from irrationality I will call a spade a spade. On this occasion the Councillors have valid concerns around the culture of the NRL. They don’t deserve ridicule for that - posting their picture and likening them to Jesus? It’s unnecessary and counterproductive to addressing the attitudes that perpetuate the problems.

So if people are going to whine like bitches because of a legitimate concern levelled at a football league they enjoy. I’m going to say they’re behaving like spoilt little princesses, or princes for that matter ImageImage
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

You've turned into Pigman.

No one ever said every Nrl player is a good person. They aren't. Some are clearly douche bags.

Then again, some make very positive contributions to society.

Putting them all in the same douche bag genre is incorrect, and deserves to be called out as a blatant lie.

That is my point.

gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

I’m happy to cede your point once you provide the quote that says all NRL players are bad.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

There could be nothing more validating in terms or who I am and how I conduct myself on this forum, that a man with Dubby’s track record uses my username in a pejorative way

I couldn’t be prouder.
Makaveli
Bradley Clyde

Post by Makaveli »

Yeah so about that trial in Bega..

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders set to play trial against Canterbury Bulldogs in Bega

The Canberra Raiders appear set to play a pre-season match against the Canterbury Bulldogs in Bega next year after the council approved funding for the fixture. It will be the first time the Raiders have taken a match to Bega since more than 6000 fans watched their pre-season clash against the Melbourne Storm in 2011.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/ ... 5064y.html
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Pigman wrote:There could be nothing more validating in terms or who I am and how I conduct myself on this forum, that a man with Dubby’s track record uses my username in a pejorative way

I couldn’t be prouder.
One line validated you, and eviscerated me ImageImage
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Pigman wrote:There could be nothing more validating in terms or who I am and how I conduct myself on this forum, that a man with Dubby’s track record uses my username in a pejorative way

I couldn’t be prouder.
That word of the day calendar is paying off I see
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

How revealing that you think any word in the post is obscure and complicated enough to be worthy of a spot on a word of the day calendar
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Pigman wrote:How revealing that you think any word in the post is obscure and complicated enough to be worthy of a spot on a word of the day calendar
You've turned into Rodman

Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

dubby wrote: September 26, 2018, 8:46 pm
Pigman wrote:How revealing that you think any word in the post is obscure and complicated enough to be worthy of a spot on a word of the day calendar

Better him than you.
Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

I long for the day when the biggest Raiders news in Grand Final week is not that we are playing a trial in Bega.
hrundi89
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by hrundi89 »

gangrenous wrote: September 26, 2018, 12:49 pm
dubby wrote:Why make tell anyone who has an alternate opinion to "suck it up", and label them a princess?

I’m not really. I am very civil with people of opposing viewpoints that stem from a line of rational argument. But I’m absolutely completely against the modern notion that everyone’s opinions are precious snowflakes to be treasured and weighed equally against others.
But you're the one who decides what is rational and what isn't?
If someone has an opinion that stems from irrationality I will call a spade a spade. On this occasion the Councillors have valid concerns around the culture of the NRL. They don’t deserve ridicule for that - posting their picture and likening them to Jesus? It’s unnecessary and counterproductive to addressing the attitudes that perpetuate the problems.
How exactly is a trial game being played in their town going to have anything but a positive impact on the community? She's clearly a wowser. Her FB page also has pictures of her on a cruise - if you've ever been on a cruise (Carnival Cruises no less), you'd know some of the behaviour that is enabled and even encouraged with regard to alcohol consumption and shenanigans isn't exactly community-focused.
So if people are going to whine like bitches because of a legitimate concern levelled at a football league they enjoy. I’m going to say they’re behaving like spoilt little princesses, or princes for that matter ImageImage
The biggest whiner here is you, mate.
You may remember me from such forum usernames as hrundi99 and... hrundi99.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Pigman wrote:
dubby wrote: September 26, 2018, 8:46 pm

Better him than you.
There can only be one dubby Image

I didn't say these transformations were negative, BTW.

gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Canberra Raiders to play Canterbury Bulldogs in Bega trial match

Post by gangrenous »

hrundi89 wrote: But you're the one who decides what is rational and what isn't?
Of course I am. We’re talking about how I choose to respond to people. Would you like me to outsource my assessment of people’s opinions before I respond?

hrundi89 wrote: How exactly is a trial game being played in their town going to have anything but a positive impact on the community?
I don’t know, it’s their community not mine. Maybe they have problems with higher incidences of assault or alcohol abuse and are after a higher grade of role model?

hrundi89 wrote: She's clearly a wowser. Her FB page also has pictures of her on a cruise - if you've ever been on a cruise (Carnival Cruises no less), you'd know some of the behaviour that is enabled and even encouraged with regard to alcohol consumption and shenanigans isn't exactly community-focused.
Gosh, this just got next level sad for you didn’t it? It speaks for itself - but have a think to yourself what just happened here. You were upset that somebody made a remark against a football team/code you like not being the best role models on the whole (which with the NRL is really nothing short of objectively true). So upset that you felt the need to not refute her argument with reason, but to trawl her social life for things to smear her character with. And after all this you’re going after her because she once went on a **** cruise?! Was there dancing?

hrundi89 wrote: The biggest whiner here is you, mate.
I’m okay with that Tom.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Yeah ok. But would she turn down a bankers convention if it was ever proposed for Bega? There's never needed to be Royal Commission into Rugby League atrocities to the best of my knowledge...

Although it IS a long off season...
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

A bankers convention is unlikely to have children attend and hero worship of the attendees. They’re also presumably not holding their convention there with the purpose of capturing the minds of the locals.

Having said that, if a bank had screwed over a decent number of constituents then I’m not sure that it’s beyond the realm of possibility that they receive a similar protest vote in that scenario.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Re: 2019 Trial 2 V Bulldogs: Teams and Game Day

Post by greeneyed »

Trial dates set for 2019 NRL pre-season

The 2019 Telstra Premiership pre-season will kick off with the revamped All Stars match on February 15 before two full weeks of NRL trials leading into the March 14 season start.

The first NRL trial is between the Raiders and Eels at Campbelltown on February 15, the same day as the All Stars game.

Friday February 15
Eels v Raiders at Campbelltown Stadium

Saturday February 23
Raiders v Bulldogs at Bega Park

Saturday March 2
Bulldogs ISP v Mounties: at Aubrey Keech Reserve, Hinchinbrook

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/11/09/tri ... re-season/
roneel78
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Campese

Re: 2019 Trial 2 V Bulldogs: Teams and Game Day

Post by roneel78 »