NRL crowds show why Raiders should be at home

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

NRL crowds show why Canberra Raiders should be at home

It's time. Time for an NRL backflip. Time to change the rules so the Canberra Raiders can play preliminary finals at home.

In the wake of a weekend of disappointing crowds, chief executive Todd Greenberg needs to change his stance on where the Raiders host grand-final qualifiers.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/ ... 5042q.html
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Re: NRL crowds show why Raiders should be at home

Post by Northern Raider »

Moot argument at least in the foreseeable future
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Fair dinkum. Before we complain about taking a home Preliminary Final away from Canberra, maybe we could EARN one in every 30 years or so!
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Me too, I lie in bed at night, tossing and turning, can't sleep, just thinking about it.

I'm so so tired everyday I need power naps.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Toviii
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Rapana

Post by Toviii »

greeneyed wrote:Fair dinkum. Before we complain about taking a home Preliminary Final away from Canberra, maybe we could EARN one in every 30 years or so!
Lol, my thoughts exactly.
'I've got 17 blokes in that dressing room that are hurting'
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Idiotic journalism.
Rick
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by Rick »

Very relevant article.....

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

It gives our players an achievable goal to work towards. Bring it on I say.

NRL needs to start treating Canberra as an important region to ward off the growth of AFL.

At the moment the NRL Commission continues to sleep whilst the AFL has set the goal to make Aussie Rules the number one sport in Canberra and the AFL is putting in the strategy and funding to make this happen.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

greeneyed wrote:Fair dinkum. Before we complain about taking a home Preliminary Final away from Canberra, maybe we could EARN one in every 30 years or so!
Would you prefer they wait until we make it so that it’s 60 years until the next home prelim?
Raidersteve
Noa Nadruku

Post by Raidersteve »

Any time that the point can be made is the right time as far as I am concerned. In 2016 when it was very relevant the nrl came out and said they will review their policy at the end of the season nothing came of it.

The more often the issue can be raised the more chance there is that something will be done about it before the next time it is relevant.

Leaving it until our next 2016 will only see them come out and say it is policy and they can't do anything about it at that time.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Precisely Steve.

Both of you.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

BJ wrote: September 17, 2018, 12:43 pm It gives our players an achievable goal to work towards. Bring it on I say.

NRL needs to start treating Canberra as an important region to ward off the growth of AFL.

At the moment the NRL Commission continues to sleep whilst the AFL has set the goal to make Aussie Rules the number one sport in Canberra and the AFL is putting in the strategy and funding to make this happen.
I dunno? I wouldn't be surprised if Canberra is dumped as soon as 20,000 people start turning up regularly to GWS home games in Sydney.
Shoving it in your face since 2017
Raidersteve
Noa Nadruku

Post by Raidersteve »

Didn't we get similar numbers for our last home game than the semifinal on Friday that in itself reinforces the argument.

As I said any time the point can be made it needs to be made.
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

gergreg wrote:
BJ wrote: September 17, 2018, 12:43 pm It gives our players an achievable goal to work towards. Bring it on I say.

I dunno? I wouldn't be surprised if Canberra is dumped as soon as 20,000 people start turning up regularly to GWS home games in Sydney.
Not when the ACT Government and Mr Barr gleefully hand over another $22 million dollars of taxpayers money for GWS for a few measly games in Canberra.

It’s a pity Mr Barr sees no value in the full time commitment that the Raiders make to Canberra.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

greeneyed wrote: September 16, 2018, 11:50 pm Fair dinkum. Before we complain about taking a home Preliminary Final away from Canberra, maybe we could EARN one in every 30 years or so!
Yeah give me one of these

Frankly i couldnt give a **** **** about where they hold our prelim when we make one every 3 decades... and i dont think the NRL do either. Nor should they
We're a basket case, why should they pay any attention to us...

But since we're here and talking of **** fantasies, i DEMAND the next Victoria Secrets Christmas Special be held in my living room.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Do they put this in the calendar to whinge about it every year?

September 17 - article about not being able to host prelim at GIO
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

Pigman wrote:
greeneyed wrote: September 16, 2018, 11:50 pm Fair dinkum. Before we complain about taking a home Preliminary Final away from Canberra, maybe we could EARN one in every 30 years or so!
Yeah give me one of these

Frankly i couldnt give a **** **** about where they hold our prelim when we make one every 3 decades... and i dont think the NRL do either. Nor should they
We're a basket case, why should they pay any attention to us...

But since we're here and talking of **** fantasies, i DEMAND the next Victoria Secrets Christmas Special be held in my living room.
That’s gold Pig. Tell us not to complain about something that might happen once in 30 years and at the same moment raise a Pigman Victoria Secret fantasy that will never occur in 30 million years.

Mind you Pigman, I bet you’d be more honest with the crowd estimate in your living room than the Raiders. 7,987 Raiders fans attending the VS match.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

I would be totally and completely transparent

The crowd: 1
The TV Ratings: 0 veiwers
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

Pigman wrote:I would be totally and completely transparent

Ha ha. Good call.

You might have a crowd looking from the neighbors deck like at a small English football ground.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

BJ wrote:
Pigman wrote:I would be totally and completely transparent

Ha ha. Good call.

You might have a crowd looking from the neighbors deck like at a small English football ground.
Let's just hope Mrs Piggy isn't on the MRC because there could be a Les Boyd type suspension involved here.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017