I'm tired and I'm worn down

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

Yeah it’s pretty dire at the moment. You can even see the amount of fans dropping of in the GH, the “best on ground” vote is getting less and less fans vote each week.

The worst thing is 2019 will be like this year I feel with Stuart at the helm. Not much to look forward too.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Re: I'm tired and I'm worn down

Post by Botman »

LastRaider wrote: August 13, 2018, 9:06 pm Yeah it’s pretty dire at the moment. You can even see the amount of fans dropping of in the GH, the “best on ground” vote is getting less and less fans vote each week.

The worst thing is 2019 will be like this year I feel with Stuart at the helm. Not much to look forward too.

Next year will probably be better, you just play the odds, we're going to run pretty low this year, with a very poor win total. Odds say next year will be better. Which isnt to say next year will be good...
but we need as a fan base and as a club understand that we could be just as bad as this year, maybe even worse and still technically have a better year.

It's really hard to be this bad year in and year out. It's much easier to be bad but occasionally luck into being decent/OK.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

I do kind of like the two pommy recruits and the 3 we're getting rid of but still can't shake that feeling that the coach has already lost the dressing room..... yada yada, lipstick on a pig, shuffling deckchairs on the titanic... etc etc...
Shoving it in your face since 2017
Schifty
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by Schifty »

mamando wrote: August 13, 2018, 8:35 pm We will look back on the Ricky era as much darker than the Furner one in hindsight.

You think things are bad now? Wait until he and the board leave us with a complete mess in every facet/department of the club.
At least we'll have a fancy new apartment block in Braddon :woot:
yurithe1
David Furner
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by yurithe1 »

gergreg wrote: August 13, 2018, 9:26 pm I do kind of like the two pommy recruits and the 3 we're getting rid of but still can't shake that feeling that the coach has already lost the dressing room..... yada yada, lipstick on a pig, shuffling deckchairs on the titanic... etc etc...
If they change the interchange rule, we'll be glad we off-loaded both the props.

Austin can be a game-winner, but he lets in too many tries with his poor reads in defence. You could say the same about Leilua, but it looks like we're stuck with him unless he gets injured. That would give Bateman, whom Wayne Bennett prefers in the centres for England, a shot.

We have two works in progress playing for Mounties, but it looks we're stuck with Sezar and Williams in the halves.

I wish Soliola hadn't been resigned, but there you go.

I don't mind the idea of McFadden being brought back to replace Betty White, but unless there's a proper review at the end fo the season where people are willing to pay out a contract, we're stuck with him too.
Some people talk about the weather. Others do something about it.

MEMBER NO.: 4500 (before they changed the numbering system).
Timbo
David Furner
Favourite Player: Hudson Young

Post by Timbo »

LastRaider wrote: August 13, 2018, 9:06 pm Yeah it’s pretty dire at the moment. You can even see the amount of fans dropping of in the GH, the “best on ground” vote is getting less and less fans vote each week.

It was one of the least active live match threads I've seen on here. I ended up switching over to LU for a bit of banter (even though it was just fans of other clubs **** talking us) - it's been a while since that was the case.
Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is just the train that's about to hit you.
Timbo
David Furner

Post by Timbo »

Brew wrote: August 13, 2018, 8:22 pm
Pigman wrote:Yeah i mean i can only speak for myself, but my interest has never been this low
I live canberra, paid for 4 full memberships and struggled to find reasons to get to games.

cant see it changing.
I’m actually with you. Yeah take my Ricky love aside, this is the lowest I have felt about this club only because I really don’t see anything changing at all, no decent prospective signings for next year, most likely appoint McFadden as an assistant coach. The same halves who can’t control and manage a game for next year.

And nothing will change, just carry on and do the same thing and hope it changes or just make excuses when it doesn’t.

Someone asked me at work who I hope would win the competition now that the The Raiders are officially out and I told them the Roosters and in the same breathe I said I wish I chose them as a kid.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
I grew up at Coogee Beach. I was a Roosters bloody junior.

I curse the day my Pop gave me a Canberra Raiders hat and set me on this course.
Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is just the train that's about to hit you.
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

Right now had memory pop up on Facebook from when the Raiders knocked off the ladder leaders 2 weeks in a row in 2016
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
Brew
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Blake Austin

Post by Brew »

Timbo wrote:
Pigman wrote:Yeah i mean i can only speak for myself, but my interest has never been this low
I live canberra, paid for 4 full memberships and struggled to find reasons to get to games.

cant see it changing.
I’m actually with you. Yeah take my Ricky love aside, this is the lowest I have felt about this club only because I really don’t see anything changing at all, no decent prospective signings for next year, most likely appoint McFadden as an assistant coach. The same halves who can’t control and manage a game for next year.

And nothing will change, just carry on and do the same thing and hope it changes or just make excuses when it doesn’t.

Someone asked me at work who I hope would win the competition now that the The Raiders are officially out and I told them the Roosters and in the same breathe I said I wish I chose them as a kid.

I curse the day my Pop gave me a Canberra Raiders hat and set me on this course.
Haha what club did you play for?
I played for Paddo Colts

In Ricky We Trust
Timbo
David Furner

Post by Timbo »

Brew wrote: August 15, 2018, 11:53 am
Timbo wrote:

cant see it changing.

Haha what club did you play for?
I played for Paddo Colts

Briefly for the Crocs before my dad realised where we were and switched me to union.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

yurithe1 wrote: August 15, 2018, 10:33 am
gergreg wrote: August 13, 2018, 9:26 pm I do kind of like the two pommy recruits and the 3 we're getting rid of but still can't shake that feeling that the coach has already lost the dressing room..... yada yada, lipstick on a pig, shuffling deckchairs on the titanic... etc etc...
If they change the interchange rule, we'll be glad we off-loaded both the props.

Austin can be a game-winner, but he lets in too many tries with his poor reads in defence. You could say the same about Leilua, but it looks like we're stuck with him unless he gets injured. That would give Bateman, whom Wayne Bennett prefers in the centres for England, a shot.

We have two works in progress playing for Mounties, but it looks we're stuck with Sezar and Williams in the halves.

I wish Soliola hadn't been resigned, but there you go.

I don't mind the idea of McFadden being brought back to replace Betty White, but unless there's a proper review at the end fo the season where people are willing to pay out a contract, we're stuck with him too.
Yeah I can see the benefits in having the more mobile pack but the game has always had big men and these days if you win the ruck you go a long way to winning the game and I don't think that would change even with a reduced interchange - you just need to be a bit more sensible with managing interchanges but thankfully Coach is an interchange expert. Our club has recent form with trying to get ahead of the curve and failing. I think they've got this 'reduce interchange' one wrong too.
Soliola was our best forward early in the year and certainly deserved another contract. He hasn't been playing as well in the second half of the year though.
McFadden will probably replace Crawley not White, unfortunately. I'd prefer the club to go in a completely different direction than those two but it's who we are.
Shoving it in your face since 2017
Mickey_Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Big Papa

Post by Mickey_Raider »

I haven't been to many games the last 2 years because I moved away from Canberra but if I'm honest with myself that is a convenient reason not to go to the games. If I was still based in Canberra I would 100% not be showing up out of protest.

I'm absolutely seething with the Raiders at the moment and any real fan should be fuming with what is going on at Raiders HQ. Those that are content with the club or stuck in some weird dimension where they equate criticism with not being real fans should swiftly come to the understanding they are doing more harm than good; and perpetuating the malaise.

We support the Canberra Raiders, not the Queanbeyan Leagues Club, not the Stuart family, not St Edmunds College, not the Mcintyre family farm, Not the Furners.

Those that refuse to accept the grim reality of what is going on should take their support to the Braddon property development or the QLC car park. Us real fans want and need change.

And yes I am mashing the keyboard at work in anger.
Up The Milk
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Mickey_Raider wrote:
We support the Canberra Raiders, not the Queanbeyan Leagues Club, not the Stuart family, not St Edmunds College, not the Mcintyre family farm, Not the Furners.

And there were have the gap in thinking between the fans and those who run the club.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
luke
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by luke »

T_R wrote: August 15, 2018, 1:43 pm
Mickey_Raider wrote:

And there were have the gap in thinking between the fans and those who run the club.
Nails it. Also expresses the dilemma I face when deciding whether to renew.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

This is Canberra
Stick has us slippin' up
Stick has us slippin' up
Look what we’re whippin' up
Look at how we’re playin' now
Greenhouse be trippin' now
Yeah, this is Canberra

Ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh, tell somebody
You go tell somebody
Grandma told me
Get your money, Shannon
Get your money, Wighton
Get your money, Austin
Get your money, Junior

This is Canberra
Look what we’re whippin' up
Look how we’re geekin' out
We’re so fit
We’re just unlucky
NRL’s so petty
Ref’s are against us
Watch us move
This a set play (ha)
Sammy passes to Bateman (yeah)
On the last
Ooh, know that
Get it
Ooh, that didn’t work
Run it up, run it up, run it up,
Knock it on, knock it on, knock it on
I got the plug our defences (woah)
They gonna find you on the wing

You just a bad fan in this world
You just a barcode, ayy
You just a bad fan in this world
Drivin' massive road trips, ayy
You just a big dawg, yeah
I kenneled him in the backyard
No proper life to a dog
For a big dog

Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

What is the tune?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Childish Gambino’s This is America

Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
yurithe1
David Furner
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by yurithe1 »

Actually, I noticed that the "Sack Ricky" thread has had a lot of views and is at 44 pages. It's only been going since March this year. The writing is on the Greenhouse wall.

Maybe we need to see this translated into action with some "Sack Ricky" banners at today's game and the one against the Rabbitohs.

Unfurl it in the seating behind our goal line after an opposition try because I'll bet the security guards will be told to remove it if it's spotted beforehand.
Some people talk about the weather. Others do something about it.

MEMBER NO.: 4500 (before they changed the numbering system).
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

yurithe1 wrote:

Actually, I noticed that the "Sack Ricky" thread has had a lot of views and is at 44 pages. It's only been going since March this year. The writing is on the Greenhouse wall.

Maybe we need to see this translated into action with some "Sack Ricky" banners at today's game and the one against the Rabbitohs.

Unfurl it in the seating behind our goal line after an opposition try because I'll bet the security guards will be told to remove it if it's spotted beforehand.
I’m surprised there hasn’t been a “Give Sticky the flicky” banner yet. Sounds better than “Oust Doust”.

I figured Sticks war on free speech might have included banners

Nickman's love of NSW
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:
yurithe1 wrote:

I’m surprised there hasn’t been a “Give Sticky the flicky” banner yet. Sounds better than “Oust Doust”.

Give Stick the flick
Lui_Bon
Jason Croker

Post by Lui_Bon »

Dr Zaius wrote: August 19, 2018, 1:06 pm
Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:
yurithe1 wrote:

Give Stick the flick
well really that could just be:

Flick Stick.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Yeah and you could do it in all caps and place the L and the I a little too close together...
Riaan
John Ferguson

Post by Riaan »

Lets face it, we are a pokie/development company that runs an NRL team as a sweetener to the ACT government to receive tax and planning exemptions.
Supershamrock
Simon Woolford
Favourite Player: J Toots

Post by Supershamrock »

gangrenous wrote: August 20, 2018, 7:38 am Yeah and you could do it in all caps and place the L and the I a little too close together...
Thanks gangrenous, I got a good laugh at that. :clap:
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

You’re welcome supershammy (can I call you that?), I’m here all week. Try the veal!
Lui_Bon
Jason Croker

Post by Lui_Bon »

gangrenous wrote: August 20, 2018, 9:32 pm You’re welcome supershammy (can I call you that?), I’m here all week. Try the veal!
I was going to do that, but I didn't want to be edited...
Lui_Bon
Jason Croker

Post by Lui_Bon »

Lui_Bon wrote: August 20, 2018, 10:30 pm
gangrenous wrote: August 20, 2018, 9:32 pm You’re welcome supershammy (can I call you that?), I’m here all week. Try the veal!
I was going to do that, but I didn't want to be edited...

I'm also not sure that security would let anyone get away with it.
magoo
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Papa

Post by magoo »

gangrenous wrote: August 20, 2018, 7:38 am Yeah and you could do it in all caps and place the L and the I a little too close together...
I once did the same thing to my mate named Clint
Brew
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Blake Austin

Post by Brew »

I went to Souths vs Dragons last night, cracking atmosphere.
It got me tired and worn down, trapped in this Raiders cycle where we are hardly involved in these big games. It was depressing.

In Ricky We Trust
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I thought you might have become a Dragons fan Brew!
Leebola
Brett Mullins

Post by Leebola »

greeneyed wrote: September 16, 2018, 9:51 am I thought you might have become a Dragons fan Brew!
Hey, why not? At least you'd know your team was in with a shot once every couple of years, rather than once every couple of decades.
Supershamrock
Simon Woolford
Favourite Player: J Toots

Post by Supershamrock »

supershammy is fine gangrenous.
Beejay
John Ferguson

Post by Beejay »

I've felt WAY less hope for our club in previous years than I do now.

I'm disillusioned with management and the coach, but our roster isn't that bad. Our roster is polish-able into a Top 4 team with the right coach IMO.
Those years from 2011-2014 were just a never ending **** show really. Way worse
Coastalraider
David Furner
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Coastalraider »

Beej, to a point thats why it hurts more now - you can see what this squad is capable of, and we have massively underachieved the last 2 years. We built a squad to have success within a certain window of opportunity, and we have squandered that opportunity.

At least 11-14 expectations were low.
Beejay
John Ferguson

Post by Beejay »

You can't eat past success. Likewise, losing the way we have this year hurt at the time, but it doesn't affect what we are capable of in the future.

There are some rumours that Ricky is looking to give it away. On-field success could turn quickly with this squad.