2018 Mounties

All the news on the Canberra Raiders lower grades, affiliate clubs and the Canberra Raiders Cup

Moderator: GH Moderators

julian87
Laurie Daley

Re: 2018 Mounties

Post by julian87 »

greeneyed wrote: September 8, 2018, 2:41 pm
RTW wrote: September 8, 2018, 2:36 pm
julian87 wrote:Brad Abbey has been the worst player on the field by a very large margin.
Up in the Q cup finals Drinkwater is proving himself as a player who deserves a spot in the top grade.
Sadly, I’m concluding Abbey should be released, the Raiders have him on contract to end 2019, with another year in the club’s favour. There have to be better players out there for the top 30.
A back up fullback isn’t needed anyway when you’ve got Rapana and Cotric. His squad position would be much better off handed to Taane Milne.

There’s no releasing Abbey though. No one would want him.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Mounties Jersey Flegg will play their Preliminary Final on Sunday at Leichhardt Oval on Sunday at 3pm.

SUNDAY (16 SEPTEMBER)
Jersey Flegg Cup – 3.00pm – Mounties v Cronulla Sharks

Other finals: https://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2018/09/1 ... eek-three/
Johnsy28

Post by Johnsy28 »

I think they are Saturday at 315

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Johnsy28

Post by Johnsy28 »

Johnsy28

Post by Johnsy28 »

Nope its back to Sunday now!

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

2018 NSW Premiership: Finals Week 3

Mounties V Cronulla Sharks
Jersey Flegg
Preliminary Final
Leichhardt Oval
Sunday, 16 September, 3:00pm
Live stream: www.nswrl.com.au
On line radio: www.steelesports.com.au

Mounties

1. Matt Lyons
2. Thomas McGrady
3. Harley Smith-Shields
4. Matt Timoko
5. Andre Niko
6. Paul Roache
7. Toby Westcott
8. Setefano Hala
9. Lachlan Cooper
10. Matt Scott
11. Hudson Young
12. Daniel Kier
13. Josh Stuckey

14. Kyle Paterson
15. Komiti Tuilagi
16. Nick Toomata
17. Elijah Hunt

Cronulla Sharks

1. Luke Polselli
2. Chris Tupou
3. Jackson Ferris
4. Bronson Xerri
5. Isaac Lumelume
6. Jayden Millard
7. Braydon Trindall
8. Cruz Topai-Aveai
9. Harry Smith
10. Monty Raper
11. Teig Wilton ©
12. Josh Carr
13. James Roumanos

14. Luke Jurd
15. Fine Kula
16. Blake Manowski
17. Tom Caughlan

18. Aperaamo Lualua
19. Kalani Pewhairangi-Charlie
20. Thomas Hazelton

NSW Premiership Week 2 Statistics: https://www.nswrl.com.au/siteassets/com ... unties.pdf
Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

Johnsy28 wrote: September 10, 2018, 12:07 pm Nope its back to Sunday now!

Yeah not happy about that. I am going up for the two NRL finals and was going to go to Leichhardt Saturday arvo. Planning to drive home after the Souths game.
Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

greeneyed wrote: September 11, 2018, 2:50 pm 2018 NSW Premiership: Finals Week 3

Jersey Flegg
Preliminary Final
Leichhardt Oval

Mounties

1. Matt Lyons
2. Thomas McGrady
3. Harley Smith-Shields
4. Matt Timoko
5. Andre Niko
6. Paul Roache
7. Toby Westcott
8. Setefano Hala
9. Lachlan Cooper
10. Matt Scott
11. Hudson Young
12. Daniel Kier
13. Josh Stuckey

14. Kyle Paterson
15. Komiti Tuilagi
16. Nick Toomata
17. Elijah Hunt

Cronulla Sharks

1. Luke Polselli
2. Chris Tupou
3. Jackson Ferris
4. Bronson Xerri
5. Isaac Lumelume
6. Jayden Millard
7. Braydon Trindall
8. Cruz Topai-Aveai
9. Harry Smith
10. Monty Raper
11. Teig Wilton ©
12. Josh Carr
13. James Roumanos

14. Luke Jurd
15. Fine Kula
16. Blake Manowski
17. Tom Caughlan

18. Aperaamo Lualua
19. Kalani Pewhairangi-Charlie
20. Thomas Hazelton

NSW Premiership Week 2 Statistics: https://www.nswrl.com.au/siteassets/com ... unties.pdf
I would have thought Kris, Horsburgh and possibly O’Hagan would come back into the team. At the Flegg game at Seiffert the other week, Horsburgh started the game and then came off as soon as the ball was kicked off. I assumed this was to qualify him for finals.
Johnsy28

Post by Johnsy28 »

I read Horsborough was heading to the judiciary over a shoulder charge. I suspect Ohagan will come in. Question is who goes out!

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Jersey Flegg finals qualification rules...

13.11. To be eligible for the Jersey Flegg final series a player must meet the following criteria:
13.11.1. The player has played the majority of, or equal number of matches in the
Intrust Super Premiership NSW prior to the final series commencing, or;
13.11.2. The player has participated in a minimum of 8 matches in the Jersey Flegg
prior to the final series commencing, or;
13.12. A starting player is not eligible to play in 2 levels of final series scheduled on the same
weekend, other than where the lower level team has played earlier than the higher
level team on that weekend and there are extenuating circumstances i.e. last minute
player withdrawal or injury.
13.13. If a player has participated in an equal number of matches in a higher level or lower
level competition at the conclusion of the regular season, the player will then qualify
for the lower level final series and therefore be eligible to play in the higher level final
series.
13.14. Each club with a team engaged in the NSWRL final series will receive an email by 5.00
pm on the Monday following the conclusion of the last round of competition matches
advising player eligibility to play in each level.

So I'm not sure Horsburgh has enough Jersey Flegg games to qualify. He didn't appear beyond Round 6 in Jersey Flegg until that Tigers game. That's seven games. He's listed at 14 appearances for NSW Premiership. According to Instagram, he was heading to Queeensland on Wednesday, presumably back home for holidays.

O'Hagan appeared in every Jersey Flegg game up to Round 15, so that's certainly enough to qualify.

Kris has nine games in Flegg and nine in NSW Premiership... so I think that's enough to qualify.
Johnsy28

Post by Johnsy28 »

Great insight! Did Horsborough get time on Tuesday?

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

2017 NSW Premiership Finals Week 3: Mounties preview

Mounties were eliminated in NSW Premiership in Week 2 of the finals, suffering a big 34-16 loss to the Newtown Jets. Mounties looked out of sorts for most of the match, and did not score until the 60th minute. Mounties scored three tries in the final 20 minutes, but by then it was too little, too late.

Mounties remain well in contention in Jersey Flegg, and are just one win away from playing in a Grand Final. On Sunday they face the Cronulla Sharks in a Preliminary Final against the Cronulla Sharks at Leichhardt Oval.

Jersey Flegg: Mounties earned the right to a weekend off in Week 2, after defeating the minor premiers, the Newcastle Knights, 21-20, on the hostile turf of Hunter Stadium. Their opponents in the Preliminary Final, the Sharks, finished second on the ladder, so if Mounties are to make it to the decider, they must knock off another "big gun" in this year's race.

The Sharks lost to the third placed Penrith Panthers, 18-10, in Week 1, but redeemed themselves in Week 2, eliminating the seventh placed Canterbury Bulldogs, 30-10. It was a comprehensive five tries to two victory. The Sharks finished the regular season with a 15 and 3 record, plus two draws - and have just one loss in their past eight matches. The 2017 NYC minor premiers will no doubt be a formidable opponent.

Mounties finished fourth, with just one less win than the Sharks, but three more losses. Mounties have won 10 of their past 11 matches, the only defeat coming at the hands of the Knights, 42-6, in Round 21. That run includes a 26-16 victory over the Sharks at Cronulla in Round 15 - over a very similar Sharks line up to the one that will run out on Sunday. That has been the only clash between the two clubs this year.

The Sharks had a better attacking and defensive record than Mounties during the regular season. The Sharks averaged 26 points per match, compared with 22 for Mounties. In defence, the Sharks conceded 18 points per match, Mounties 19. The Sharks finished with a positive points differential of 157, while Mounties posted +62.

Team changes: Mounties have named an almost unchanged team from the one that defeated the Knights two weeks ago. The only change sees Josh Stuckey start at lock, with Elijah Hunt dropping back to the interchange bench. For the Sharks, Monty Raper comes in at starting prop for Blake Manowski, who moves back to the bench.

Our tip: It was an outstanding win for Mounties in the first week of the finals, at the Knights home ground - with the team producing a massive turnaround from the defeat a month earlier at St Johns Oval. With the elimination of Mounties in NSW Premiership, players like Brendan O'Hagan and Sebastian Kris may come back into the team. Given how well the current line up has been going, it'll be tough for coach Peter Marrapodi deciding who might be left out. And as proved to be the case with the NSW Premierhip team last weekend, sometimes it is better to stick with the established combinations. The Sharks pose a big challenge but we will go with Mounties in a close one. Fingers crossed they can make the Grand Final against either the Knights or Panthers.

Jersey Flegg
Preliminary Final
Leichhardt Oval

Mounties
1. Matthew Lyons 2. Tom McGrady 3. Harley Smith-Shields 4. Matthew Timoko 5. Andre Niko 6. Paul Roache 7. Toby Westcott 8. Setefano Hala 9. Lachlan Cooper 10. Matt Scott 11. Hudson Young 12. Daniel Keir 13. Joshua Stuckey 14. Kyle Paterson 15. Komiti Tuilagi 16. Nicholas Toomata 17. Elijah Hunt

Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks
1. Luke Poiselli 2. Chris Tupou 3. Jackson Ferris 4. Bronson Xerri 5. Isaac Lumelume 6. Jayden Millard 7. Braydon Trindall 8. Cruz Topai Avaei 9. Harrison Smith 10. Monty Raper 11. Teig Wilton 12. Josh Carr 13. James Roumanos 14. Luke Jurd 15. Fine Kula 16. Blake Manowski 17. Tom Caughlan 18. Aperaamo Lualua 19. Kalani Pewhairangi-Charlie 20. Thomas Hazelton

Referee: Andrew McRae
Sideline Officials: Joel Mani, Tim Hannon

Plus follow us on Facebook: The Greenhouse Forum and Twitter: @TheGHRaiders
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Johnsy28 wrote: September 13, 2018, 11:29 am Great insight! Did Horsborough get time on Tuesday?

Very difficult to find that information as it isn't published by the NSWRL, remarkably.
ALX22
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by ALX22 »

If O'Hagan comes back in - Roache to fullback, Lyons to wing or centre, and an unlucky player misses out.
Johnsy28

Post by Johnsy28 »

Will be interesting. I do agree though Roache has to play and can play anywhere. Would love to see Ohagan and Westcott combine. I think Westcott could take a lot of pressure off Ohagan in particular the kicking game which would make him super dangerous. Regardless goodluck to the team. A great effort so far and some quality in this side.

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Penrith Panthers 30 defeated Newcastle Knights 26 in Jersey Flegg today... so the Panthers go through to the Grand Final and the minor premiers are knocked out!
The Greenhouse
Don Furner

2018 Mounties

Post by The Greenhouse »

Welcome to our coverage of today's Jersey Flegg Preliminary Final between Mounties and the Cronulla Sharks at Leichhardt Oval. Kick off is at 3pm. You can see a live stream of today's match at: https://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2018/09/1 ... ee-finals/. There is also on line radio coverage at: www.steelesports.com.au.

This post will update with live scores, so refresh for the latest... and join in discussion of the match as it unfolds in the thread below. For Mounties, O’Hagan and Kris are notable inclusions while Westcott drops out. Here are the final teams:

Mounties 22

Tries
Brendan O'HAGAN (5m)
Hudson YOUNG (27m)
Hudson YOUNG (57m)
Harley SMITH-SHIELDS (64m)

Goals
Andre NIKO (6m)
Andre NIKO (58m)
Andre NIKO (65m)

Cronulla Sharks 26

Tries
Isaac LUMELUME (12m)
Harrison SMITH (15m)
Luke POLSELLI (34m)
Braydon TRINDALL (37m)
Jackson FERRIS (40m)

Goals
Braydon TRINDALL (16m)
Braydon TRINDALL (38m)
Braydon TRINDALL (41m)

HALF TIME

Cronulla Sharks 14
Mounties 10

FULL TIME

Cronulla Sharks 26
Mounties 22
The Greenhouse score update service
Johnsy28

Post by Johnsy28 »

Wow dropped the one that got them across the line against Newcastle! Big punt but good luck!

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

From what I've seen, I've been more impressed with Westcott than Roache, TBH. Better long term prospects, Roache goes missing too often.
Johnsy28

2018 Mounties

Post by Johnsy28 »

He might be injured. I am a fan of ohagan and i know they will lose nothing. An injury in the halves will be the problem! Regardless good luck to them and go the mounties

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

That was a tough call against Glebe, call of a strip when the Wentworthville player was clearly offloading. Could have been a Glebe try down the other end of the field, but Wenty has scored and levelled the match at 22-22 with a kick to come.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Good to see the Raiders bus up on the hill at Leichhardt!
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Glebe players in the bin for throwing punches after the try.

Wentworthville lead 24-22

Wenty will win after the Wolves knock on the short kick off.

FULL TIME

Wentworthville V St Marys in the Ron Massey Cup Grand Final.
The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

Sharks are on the field first, now Mounties. Sharks kick off and we are underway in the Jersey Flegg Preliminary Final!
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Great first set from Mounties.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

The Sharks very dangerous in that set, but they die with the ball on the last... and now Mounties get a penalty. Needed.
The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

6th min TRY MOUNTIES to Brendan O'Hagan, he runs it himself and he shrugs off the defenders and goes over! Hala with some big runs. Andre Niko converts from close to the posts.

Mounties 6-0
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Poor option from the Sharks on the last to run it at the goal line from dummy half. Well covered by Mounties in defence.
The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

13th min TRY SHARKS to winger Lumelume in the corner. It is off the back of a penalty in the red zone. The Sharks have looked very dangerous in attack every time they come down into Mounties' half. No conversion.

Mounties 6-4
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

O'Hagan kick off out on the full and the Sharks are taking full advantage...
The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

15th min TRY SHARKS under the posts, and it is just a barge through for Harrison Smith. Converted from in front.

Sharks 10-6
Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

Been very undisciplined so far.
Johnsy28

Post by Johnsy28 »

Someone hook the kid who needs a haircut! Woeful

Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

Great tackle from Roache there after super one on one tackle from a Lyons.