Management transparency

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

hrundi89
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Management transparency

Post by hrundi89 »

At the risk of flogging my favourite dead-horse, here's an in-depth interview with the Maple Leafs new 30-something (and highly intelligent and professional) General Manager about where the team is at heading into the new season, his approach to managing and working with the coach and players, etc.

If only the Raiders had a similar access and inspirational and transparent leadership.
You may remember me from such forum usernames as hrundi99 and... hrundi99.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Re: Management transparency

Post by Northern Raider »

Rather than me sitting through a 50 min interview with an administrator for a team in a sport I really don't care about. Can you please paraphrase how this is relevant to the Raiders?
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Smart strategic visionary leadership = good

Raiders management = not so much

I didn’t watch the video either, you’re welcome
Kryptonite
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Terry Reagan

Post by Kryptonite »

This is a piss take right?
kiwi raider
Steve Walters

Post by kiwi raider »

All sounds very impressive but the real Indicator of top management and leadership is if this blow hard can stack on a blue if his steak is over cooked, I’m unconvinced at this stage
Finite
David Furner

Post by Finite »

One thing you can take from the first 10 seconds of this video is that there is still an underlying feeling in sport that when it comes to management and coaching it's best to look inwards. I think that history has shown that having "played the game at a high level" or being "involved with the game for a long time" shouldn't necessarily be a prerequisite for good leadership.

At the end of the day we as fan's are in a tough position. We love our team and cannot bear to walk away but unless we make enough of a noise to evoke change we are in part complicit in maintaining the status quo. Sport often breeds extreme loyalty which can muddy the waters when change is required and reinforce poor leadership. I can understand those fans who have had a gutful, equally I can relate to anyone who keep's paying their membership and turning up to cheer on the club. The line for each supporter is different depending on individual factors.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

Northern Raider wrote:Rather than me sitting through a 50 min interview with an administrator for a team in a sport I really don't care about. Can you please paraphrase how this is relevant to the Raiders?
At 15:05 he throws his mike to the ground, then pulls the interviewers shirt over his head and lays 20 uppercuts into him
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
hrundi89
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by hrundi89 »

Kryptonite wrote: September 10, 2018, 7:24 pm This is a piss take right?
How so?

It's an example of leadership in sports management, and about open-ness with regard to management strategy, how individuals within the club are managed with the intention of working with systems and getting the best out of them.

It's a million miles from what we have now.
You may remember me from such forum usernames as hrundi99 and... hrundi99.