NFL Thread

From cricket to motor sports to wrestling and anything in between

Moderator: GH Moderators

Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Re: NFL Thread

Post by Botman »

PrimetimeRaider wrote: April 28, 2018, 10:25 am Is it sad that I'm expecting Derwin James to tear his ACL at any stage now?
God that'd be so chargers. I still cant believe they got him at 17. So much value, he'd be my 7th or 8th best player in the draft.

Eagles rest of the draft was really good. David Akers roasting the Dallas fans in their own building whilst announcing the pick of DALLAS Goedart, a pick before Dallas intended to take him and the day Witten decided to retire is like 4D chess of trolling.
Amazing.

Sweat is a steal later on and the two project tackles including the Aussie monster is a good haul... add in Sidney Jones, Jay Ajayi and Ronald Darby and that's quite a haul.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Matt wrote: April 29, 2018, 8:31 am Williams - OT - finalises the 1st Rd talent on our offensive line. Also allows La'al Collins to stay in 1 position. I see Williams at left guard inside future HoF Smith, leaving Collins at right tackle. However, Cowboys could easily do the reverse.
If god is indeed an eagles fan, they'll follow your lead and leave Collins at RT to go **** BBQ'd on the regular and put a guy lacking lateral quickness in the interior for Fletcher Cox to go to work on.

That'd suit me nicely.
They should absolutely switch that up if the Clapper knows what's good for him.

Also the Cowboys traded for Tavon Austin... that's their #1 guy.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Best of luck with your project, Dak.
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

Yep, ballsy by Akers. He was my #1 TE. So annoying. But i still like the Schultz pick. Pity he doesn't get to sit behind Wittz though.
MS_1302
Glenn Lazarus
Favourite Player: Mitch Cornish

Post by MS_1302 »

Pigman wrote:
Matt wrote: April 29, 2018, 8:31 am Williams - OT - finalises the 1st Rd talent on our offensive line. Also allows La'al Collins to stay in 1 position. I see Williams at left guard inside future HoF Smith, leaving Collins at right tackle. However, Cowboys could easily do the reverse.
If god is indeed an eagles fan, they'll follow your lead and leave Collins at RT to go **** BBQ'd on the regular and put a guy lacking lateral quickness in the interior for Fletcher Cox to go to work on.

That'd suit me nicely.
They should absolutely switch that up if the Clapper knows what's good for him.

Also the Cowboys traded for Tavon Austin... that's their #1 guy.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Best of luck with your project, Dak.
Yeah a ballsy trade but a draft for a much needed defence - we may lost Bryant but the boys are now a running first team with Austin behind Hurns
as WR 1 - not a bad draft. Eagles he team to beat though, tickets cost $490US each at home in Dallas v Giants, can’t wait!!

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Sorry, MS
but i think your boys are in a lot of trouble. Zeke can take them so far..
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Eagles are the team to beat, but Skins and Giants still look a rabble
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

https://www.facebook.com/NFL/videos/10156347068491263/

The guy is a class act. And 1 if the reasons I choose to follow the Cowboys
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

I am not sorry to see the back of Witten. Even when the **** couldnt move he managed to make plays. Great career. No question HOFer. Be interesting to see how he goes in the booth
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Pigman wrote: May 6, 2018, 8:21 pm I am not sorry to see the back of Witten. Even when the **** couldnt move he managed to make plays. Great career. No question HOFer. Be interesting to see how he goes in the booth
By all accounts he nailed his interview and practice gig. I can totally see him having a similar 1st yr to Romo.
PrimetimeRaider
Jason Croker

Post by PrimetimeRaider »

PrimetimeRaider wrote: April 28, 2018, 10:25 am Is it sad that I'm expecting Derwin James to tear his ACL at any stage now?
Oh wait how about ****** Hunter Henry

Smfh
Schifty
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by Schifty »

https://www.facebook.com/A7FL/

will just eave this here..

umm..
the bone
John Ferguson

Post by the bone »

David Carr did a list of his top 10 QBs, and listed his brother #4 while leaving out Big Ben and Wentz.

The bone’s top 10:
1. Brady
2. Rodgers
3. Brees
4. Wilson
5. Ryan
6. Rivers
7. Stafford
8. Wentz
9. Big Ben
10. Newtown

PrimetimeRaider
Jason Croker

Post by PrimetimeRaider »

PrimetimeRaider wrote: May 23, 2018, 5:42 pm

Smfh
Jason Verrett torn achilles....
Sossman
David Furner
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by Sossman »

the bone wrote:David Carr did a list of his top 10 QBs, and listed his brother #4 while leaving out Big Ben and Wentz.

The bone’s top 10:
1. Brady
2. Rodgers
3. Brees
4. Wilson
5. Ryan
6. Rivers
7. Stafford
8. Wentz
9. Big Ben
10. Newtown

Wentz is Top 10 easy. Leaving out Big Ben I can understand.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

4 Time Boogs Award Winner.

Get tested for VIKING CLAP today. https://www.health.act.gov.au/hospitals ... lth-centre.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

PrimetimeRaider wrote: July 28, 2018, 10:24 am
PrimetimeRaider wrote: May 23, 2018, 5:42 pm

Smfh
Jason Verrett torn achilles....
WHAT THE **** IS GOING ON THERE?!!
EVERY **** YEAR
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

the bone wrote: June 29, 2018, 7:28 am David Carr did a list of his top 10 QBs, and listed his brother #4 while leaving out Big Ben and Wentz.

The bone’s top 10:
1. Brady
2. Rodgers
3. Brees
4. Wilson
5. Ryan
6. Rivers
7. Stafford
8. Wentz
9. Big Ben
10. Newtown

Wentz should be top 5 on any QB list.
Right now he's top 3
Next 5 years given his age, he's top 1
Next 10 years given his age, he's top 1

If he stays healthy, he's going to be the best QB in the league.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

It might only be preseason, but football is back! Whoooo
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Some preliminary thoughts:

Firstly...
- Eagles 2nd string DL is Chris Long, Michael Bennett, Haloti Ngata and Destiny Veaeo...Best of luck with that.

Pre Season week 1:

- Firstly it's preseason so all with a grain of salt... for the eagles:
- Dallas Goedert looks the business. Gets open easily, fits seamlessly into the offence. A lot of Ertz about him.
- The back ups for the Eagles beyond Foles aren't very good. But the defence is going to be a problem, they dominated the first two series, and Fletcher Cox might be a DPOTY candidate.
- Aussie Mallia playing his first game of American football ever had some struggles early but i thought came into the game nicely and showed the athletic traits that have the Eagles very excited about his potential. The Eagles need to get this guy on the the PS and develop him for a year, he struggles with some of the moves good pass rushers can put on but when he gets his hands on you, he's tough to move. Lot of potential here.

Others things stood out to me based on limited condensed views and highlights:
- Barkley's first run for a 40 yard rip which showed EVERYTHING you want in a RB. Patience, agility, the cut and then break away speed. He's going to be good. Real good.
- Sticking in the division Guice looked pretty solid too before his injury, hopefully its not too serious.
- Prescott to Gallop looks like a connection that could develop into something, it'll need to as well.
- Moore for the Panthers looks like he's got the skills to be the real deal.
- the bears offence might actually be watchable this year, really liked the formations they used and creativity they showed
- Davante Adams is going to have a monster year
- Baker Mayfield looks like he moves well in the pocket and can throw darts. Calloway and Njoku for the browns looked VERY impressive, i think those three you can build an offence around
- Lamar Jackson flashed some of those gorgeous throws and incredible running talent he's got, but Joe Flacco looked LOCKED in. He might not see the field.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

I was impressed with Jaylon Smith's speed. He looks lightening fast this yr. So, with Joe Thomas taking plenty of reps in this game and getting 2 picks, looks like our 4 LBs are going to be play makers.

Lenior looks a really dogged WR, that gets open, i hope we hold him.

Scarbrough will push for reps this yr at RB, but gonna be tough going with Zeke and Smith ahead of him.

Our 2ndry looks poor. Gotta sort that **** out ASAP
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

ACL for Guice.
Poor guy
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Brutal injury for the Washington professional football team.
They were going to make running Guice a feature of that offence and he was perfectly suited as a one cut runner behind it.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Pigman wrote: August 11, 2018, 6:33 pm Brutal injury for the Washington professional football team.
They were going to make running Guice a feature of that offence and he was perfectly suited as a one cut runner behind it.
Do you kneel for that Anthem?!? :P :lol: :roflmao
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Do they still show games regularly in Australia on FTA? How much is the "Game Pass"?
Shoving it in your face since 2017
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

gergreg wrote: August 11, 2018, 9:46 pm Do they still show games regularly in Australia on FTA? How much is the "Game Pass"?
We should get 3 or 4 a wk like last yr. But thats it.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Matt wrote: August 11, 2018, 9:45 pm
Pigman wrote: August 11, 2018, 6:33 pm Brutal injury for the Washington professional football team.
I dont, because australia arent really about that this, but you better believe i support those players
It's a damn shame the Dak is forced (and i mean forced, no one for one second believes he's about that no protest ****) into being an uncle tom because of his **** owner.

Jenkins said it best, as he always does. This is a dude who has spoken to congress about sentencing and bail reform. As intelligent and woke as any athlete.

"I think it's good that they are finally talking to players about it, but we'll see. While you have the NFL office trying to meet with the NFLPA, simultaneously you have Jerry Jones speaking about how not only is he going to ignore the policy of allowing players to go in [to the locker room during the anthem], that everybody has to come out,"
Jenkins said.

"I think it's unfortunate that you have owners like him that use his position to intimidate and intentionally thwart even the idea of his players thinking individually or having a voice about issues that affect their communities daily, which is unfortunate. But for them, hopefully you'll have guys challenge that and they'll have my full support."

The eagles proved last year you can have a social conscience and win a SB. Jerry Jones continues to prove he views his players the same way as plantation owners viewed slaves. Jerry Jones is ready to CUT dudes who kneel for racial inequality, but paid Greg **** Hardy 14 million dollars.

Dan **** Snyder is some how worse than him. **** them both. I hope they both die in a fire.
Lurie isnt perfect, you dont get to be billion without being a ****, but im glad to know the owner of my franchise isnt a racist ****.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Honestly, if i were Dak, or Zeke, or D-law's agent... and i admit i stole this from Ross Tucker..
the owner just came out and said if you protest racial inequality, you wont play for the Cowboys.

Whatever i thought, i'd kneel the **** out of that **** until they cut me... either you expose this **** for the Bull dog whistler he is, or he actually DOES cut you and you hit FA and get the money you deserve.

If im Dak, i 100000% kneel until the owner cuts my **** and i cash in some 50m gtd deal
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

gergreg wrote:Do they still show games regularly in Australia on FTA? How much is the "Game Pass"?
Over $200, it's worth it if you are going to make the effort to watch games, even the hour highlights are pretty good otherwise there's redzone on ESPN
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Pigman wrote: August 11, 2018, 9:59 pm
Matt wrote: August 11, 2018, 9:45 pm
I dont, because australia arent really about that this, but you better believe i support those players
It's a damn shame the Dak is forced (and i mean forced, no one for one second believes he's about that no protest ****) into being an uncle tom because of his **** owner.

Jenkins said it best, as he always does. This is a dude who has spoken to congress about sentencing and bail reform. As intelligent and woke as any athlete.

"I think it's good that they are finally talking to players about it, but we'll see. While you have the NFL office trying to meet with the NFLPA, simultaneously you have Jerry Jones speaking about how not only is he going to ignore the policy of allowing players to go in [to the locker room during the anthem], that everybody has to come out,"
Jenkins said.

"I think it's unfortunate that you have owners like him that use his position to intimidate and intentionally thwart even the idea of his players thinking individually or having a voice about issues that affect their communities daily, which is unfortunate. But for them, hopefully you'll have guys challenge that and they'll have my full support."

The eagles proved last year you can have a social conscience and win a SB. Jerry Jones continues to prove he views his players the same way as plantation owners viewed slaves. Jerry Jones is ready to CUT dudes who kneel for racial inequality, but paid Greg **** Hardy 14 million dollars.

Dan **** Snyder is some how worse than him. **** them both. I hope they both die in a fire.
Lurie isnt perfect, you dont get to be billion without being a ****, but im glad to know the owner of my franchise isnt a racist ****.
Thats rich white guys in the South for u.

TBH, i was more laughing at the pro football team bit, rather than Redskins
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Pigman wrote: August 11, 2018, 10:06 pm Honestly, if i were Dak, or Zeke, or D-law's agent... and i admit i stole this from Ross Tucker..
the owner just came out and said if you protest racial inequality, you wont play for the Cowboys.

Whatever i thought, i'd kneel the **** out of that **** until they cut me... either you expose this **** for the Bull dog whistler he is, or he actually DOES cut you and you hit FA and get the money you deserve.

If im Dak, i 100000% kneel until the owner cuts my **** and i cash in some 50m gtd deal
Isnt that what Keap did?!? Now he is out on his ****.

As for Zeke, Jerry just foot his legal bill.

D-Law, yeah he would
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

@pigman,

whats the go with the bore feast between Browns and Philly. 5-0. That's a soccer score not an NFL one.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Eagles had their QB, LT, top 2 WRs and top 3 RBs out
Also it seems the three takeaways from this game were:

1. Nick Foles has officially turned back into a pumpkin, thanks for the ring Big Dick, but lets get Carson back asap

2a. Myles Garrett is going to be a major problem for the NFL going forward
2b. Perhaps a little inflated due to the fact that Big V looks DREADFUL.

Come week 1 i think we'll see Jeffery, Agholar, Ajayi, Clement, Sproles, Peters and maybe even Wentz back... that's a totally different unit.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Pigman wrote: August 24, 2018, 1:23 pm Eagles had their QB, LT, top 2 WRs and top 3 RBs out
Also it seems the three takeaways from this game were:

1. Nick Foles has officially turned back into a pumpkin, thanks for the ring Big Dick, but lets get Carson back asap

2a. Myles Garrett is going to be a major problem for the NFL going forward
2b. Perhaps a little inflated due to the fact that Big V looks DREADFUL.

Come week 1 i think we'll see Jeffery, Agholar, Ajayi, Clement, Sproles, Peters and maybe even Wentz back... that's a totally different unit.
I knew it was preseason, and that your werent playing everyone, but 5-0. Oooph!

Foles really did have a Barry Croker.
Garrett a problem because he is a beast?
Big V?
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

PS. Someone tell Carter you cant wear single digits and play WR. #2... come'on man!
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Yeah Garrett was out there wrecking shop, granted a lot of it came a Big V (Halapoulivaati Vaitai) who stepped in for Jason Peters last year and was **** LIGHTS out down the stretch at LT.

Much like Foles, he's looked horrible this pre season and Garrett absolutely man handled him. It was an ugly scene
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Pigman wrote: August 24, 2018, 2:47 pm Yeah Garrett was out there wrecking shop, granted a lot of it came a Big V (Halapoulivaati Vaitai) who stepped in for Jason Peters last year and was **** LIGHTS out down the stretch at LT.

Much like Foles, he's looked horrible this pre season and Garrett absolutely man handled him. It was an ugly scene
Vaitai, got it. He is better than Chaz Green. Green gave up 6 sacks to Adrian Clayborn in one game last yr filling in for Smith. Losing your left tackle is never good :nooo

Along the same lines, looks like we have lost Friedrick long term, if not forever with a rare autoimmune disease. ****!