2019 Memberships

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

yurithe1
David Furner
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

2019 Memberships

Post by yurithe1 »

I received my renewal letter this week and if I don't want to cancel or change any details, including type of membership, I do nothing and it will automatically renew.

That's one way of ensuring you hit 20,000 members again I guess.

Opt out for rolling renewal is 07 SEP, retaining the same seat deadline is 31 OCT and members packs will start arriving in November.

Members pack includes 2019 cap, lanyard, membership card, bumper sticker and a hooded poncho.

Club 82 and Platinumum members also get a 30th anniversary (of the '89 GF win) picnic blanket, Tervis water bottle and a $50 merchandise voucher. Personally, I'd rather save $50 off the membership and buy merch if I want to; I didn't buy any this year.

Junior members get a cap, card, sticker page, lunch box and triangular pennant flag.

Baby/toddler pack has the card, certificate and a Victor plush toy. Not sure if the toy is to scale against the other items in the photo.

Pet members get a card, certificate, fridge magnet photo frame and a $20 pledge to the RSPCA (yay!).

Away members might not be too impressed with the away flexi which $100 for two GA tickets along with a member's pack. The two home game Bronze* is $60.

* The six-game Bronze is probably better value at $115 (adult) if GA seats are $30 a game, i.e., $180 all up.
Some people talk about the weather. Others do something about it.

MEMBER NO.: 4500 (before they changed the numbering system).
100%green
Don Furner

Re: 2019 Memberships

Post by 100%green »

I'll renew! Still want to know how we're improve next year???

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

yurithe1
David Furner

Post by yurithe1 »

I'm with you. I considering changing my membership to the 6 Game Bronze, but want more info before I make a decision. Just a glimmer of hope would be nice.

BTW, I forgot to mention that most of the packages can be paid off in monthly instalments.

-GD-
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga, Terry Campese, Troy Thompson

Post by -GD- »

They have been doing the rolling renewals since they started the monthly renewal system, which i think has been four years or so.
yurithe1
David Furner

Post by yurithe1 »

That must have been for the monthly renewal system. This is the first time I've seen them apply it to all memberships.

Schifty
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by Schifty »

Would have been nice to have scarves back 😔

At least the poncho is more useful than the reusable coffee cup which felt like temperatures similar to the core of the sun if you tried to pick it up with a coffee in it...
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

Schifty wrote: August 19, 2018, 11:56 am Would have been nice to have scarves back 😔
Nah, I have too many scarves. Poncho is useful. I just shoved the keepcup in the cupboard, kinda a useless gift, but not nearly as useless as the Viking Clap gloves.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
yurithe1
David Furner

Post by yurithe1 »

Agree that the poncho is a nice addition.

I have a Raiders branded soup thermos that I reckon members would enjoy getting in their pack. Holds about 450 ml, which is enough for a filling lunch. Not going to hold my breath though. I don't know how much it cost as it was a gift from my wife, but looking at this year's offerings, I'd say they're trying to keep costs down. Notice that the metal key tag isn't included this year?

Alternatively, even a cheap plastic coffee/tea thermos above 590 ml (or three cups worth) would be welcome.

In the useless gifts category, is there anyone who uses the lanyard? After spending the week wearing one at work, the last thing I wanted to do was wear one to a game.

-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

I use them for my keys but the buckles break pretty easily
Brew
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Blake Austin

Post by Brew »

The poncho is probably a $2 poncho from China.
I would of loved the club to give us option like a Members jacket/polo/jersey to purchase as a add on, I’m pretty sure some clubs do this.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
In Ricky We Trust
-GD-
Don Furner

Post by -GD- »

Brew wrote:The poncho is probably a $2 poncho from China.
I would of loved the club to give us option like a Members jacket/polo/jersey to purchase as a add on, I’m pretty sure some clubs do this.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
I doubt theyd even cost $2 TBH.

Good call on the add-ons too!

Velda
Ken Nagas
Favourite Player: Terry Campese

Post by Velda »

The members jersey/shirt/hoodie is a great idea!
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

Velda wrote:The members jersey/shirt/hoodie is a great idea!
I’d happily pay extra for a ‘good quality’ top, winter jacket or especially fleece winter beanie with ear coverage.

It’s too cold in the stadium to wear a cap. So I have to wear a black ski polar fleece beanie.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Surely the cost of the merch caps out at about $10. Any option to add on a quality coat/jacket instead would see you save maybe that $10 off the cost of what? A $200 coat? For the amount of people jumping at that huge discount it’s not worth their time and effort.

My suggestion - put $20 on them to lose the first game next year with another slow start. Put the $10 you win towards your purchase of your nice coat and pretend it came as part of the membership
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

$10? It would cost $2 max to make the pack members get
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

I was being generous to prove the point.
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

So the tagline for membership this year is celebrating history. We've been celebrating history for the past 20 years!
-GD-
Don Furner

Post by -GD- »

Roger Kenworthy wrote:So the tagline for membership this year is celebrating history. We've been celebrating history for the past 20 years!
:lol:
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

-GD- wrote: September 17, 2018, 3:51 pm
Roger Kenworthy wrote:So the tagline for membership this year is celebrating history. We've been celebrating history for the past 20 years!
:lol:
Yep, fair call. :lol:
exrefhollywood
Glenn Lazarus
Favourite Player: thurling

Post by exrefhollywood »

Beanies need to be a must have in these packs......Cap and Beanie makes sense. :shock:
Dusty
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Past:Daley
Present: Hodgson

Post by Dusty »

When are these packs being sent out?

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
2020: 1. Nicol-Klokstad 2. Cotric 3. Croker (c) 4 Leilua 5. Scott 6. Wighton 7. G. Williams 8. Papalii 9. Hodgson (c) 10. Sutton 11. J. Bateman 12. Whitehead 13. Tapine ----
14. Simmonson 15. Soliola 16. Guler 17. Horsburgh
yurithe1
David Furner

Post by yurithe1 »

Some time in November.

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders reach 5000 members for 2019

The Canberra Raiders have broken through the 5000-member mark, as they look to continue their strong membership base in 2019.

2018 was a record year for the Green Machine in membership with the club finishing the season with a club record 20,055 members and will be looking to improve on that mark in 2019.

Read more: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2018/10 ... 0-members/

End October deadline to retain current seats: https://weareraiders.com.au/2018-member ... 31-oct-18/

-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

5000 people forgot to opt out of automatic renewal
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

Haha. I was dumb enough to upgrade to a grandstand membership next season. Not sure what's happening there, but hopefully it's worth it.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Seiffert82 wrote:Haha. I was dumb enough to upgrade to a grandstand membership next season. Not sure what's happening there, but hopefully it's worth it.
Yeah I think a grandstand is worth it, not much more anyway. I was on the East side but might try and transfer to the Meninga stand next year. The sun in the eyes is pretty annoying.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

gergreg wrote: October 16, 2018, 7:27 pm
Seiffert82 wrote:Haha. I was dumb enough to upgrade to a grandstand membership next season. Not sure what's happening there, but hopefully it's worth it.
Yeah I think a grandstand is worth it, not much more anyway. I was on the East side but might try and transfer to the Meninga stand next year. The sun in the eyes is pretty annoying.

Yeah, we got tickets in the Meninga stand as I'm used to sitting on that side in the Northern Terrace. I figured it's a better view of the scoreboard and it takes away the whole sun factor.
Sunny
David Grant

Post by Sunny »

-TW- wrote: September 16, 2018, 8:24 pm $10? It would cost $2 max to make the pack members get
I'm currently putting together the members pack for the Canberra Cavalry... depending on the quality of the cap, the rest is pretty cheap to do.
Brewdle
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Love em all

Post by Brewdle »

Sunny wrote:
-TW- wrote: September 16, 2018, 8:24 pm $10? It would cost $2 max to make the pack members get
I'm currently putting together the members pack for the Canberra Cavalry... depending on the quality of the cap, the rest is pretty cheap to do.
Hey mate, you may have the info I’m after, been wanting an orange cavs jersey, they yanky made? Trying to work out sizing

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
yurithe1
David Furner

Post by yurithe1 »

Seiffert82 wrote: October 17, 2018, 12:48 pm

Yeah, we got tickets in the Meninga stand as I'm used to sitting on that side in the Northern Terrace. I figured it's a better view of the scoreboard and it takes away the whole sun factor.
I was going to upgrade my membership, but then they announced that they're taking a home game to Wagga Wagga. I'm not paying more for less.

Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

yurithe1 wrote: October 21, 2018, 5:40 pm
Seiffert82 wrote: October 17, 2018, 12:48 pm

I was going to upgrade my membership, but then they announced that they're taking a home game to Wagga Wagga. I'm not paying more for less.
Yeah fair call. I just figured it was still something I loved enough to throw a bit more cash at. One less game to go to may actually do me a favour if they dish up the same crap as the last two seasons. :lol:
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Raiders memberships are down almost 1,000 on this time last year...

Current tally is 6749, compared with 7699 last year.

That’s behind every other club, except the Storm, where numbers are available. Also the only club to suffer a loss of members.

https://leagueunlimited.com/news/32567- ... p-tracker/
yurithe1
David Furner

Post by yurithe1 »

I wonder what's caused it. Taking away a home game stopped me from upgrading my membership, but the boys have dished up two underwhelming seasons as well. Could be people are becoming less forgiving considering the cost of living seems to keep going up.

-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Probably the fact we've stank for 2 years off the back of a really good season

People would have seen it as a flash in the pan
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Latest count is 7242... compares to 8089 this time last year.

Only club that is down on last year.

https://leagueunlimited.com/news/32567- ... p-tracker/