30%
Tigers 13+
50%

Total votes: 10

Bay53
Steve Walters

Re: 2018 Rd 22 V Tigers: Game Day

Post by Bay53 »

I can’t disagree with too much Ricky said.
Hazza
Chris O'Sullivan
Favourite Player: Adam Clydesdale

Post by Hazza »

Why he's even mentioning Wighton in the 1st place? He's out and won't be back this year. You work with what you have. Get on with it. It's symptomatic of the issues at the club. Shifting blame. 'We're busted and are doing well just to be in games, dont blame me' is the message he's trying to convey. You'd like to think what he says in the presser is nothing like what he says to the players behind closed doors.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

Not sure Ricky was the only dude on another planet in the presser, can someone explain what was going on with Packer!
Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Green eyed Mick »

LastRaider wrote: August 12, 2018, 8:59 pm
Northern Raider wrote:
LastRaider wrote: August 12, 2018, 6:35 pm Who’s watched the presser? Poor Cotric, Stuart indirectly puts the blame on the defensive errors to Cotric’s inexperience. **** unbelievable. I’m calling it now, Cotric will leave the club by the end of next year.

Also this love for Wighton by Stuart has got to stop... seriously! Stuart, Wighton has let the you, us and the team down for his behaviour. Don’t use him as an excuse for poor performance of the team.

Just leave already, you self serving arrogant EDIT!

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
Well you had Paps leaving because we wanted him to play middle forward so I'm confident Cotric stays. Can't see the club giving him an early release.
Well no that wasn’t it, I said he doesn’t want to play prop. Lock is fine.

Anyway if much of the same happens next year with Stuart still at the helm, there will be walk outs and clubs will come sniffing around our top talent. Player agents are not stupid either, in Cotric’s case his value is rising each week and players of his Calibre are already being paid a lot more then him like Kalyan Ponga, Payne Haas, Jamayne Issako and Viliame Kikau. It’s natural that his agent would go looking for a better deal.

It's pretty much the same thing these days.
InFernos_Raiders
Clinton Schifcofske

Post by InFernos_Raiders »

Bay53 wrote: August 12, 2018, 9:00 pm I can’t disagree with too much Ricky said.
Nothing is ever Stuart’s fault, he blames everything and everyone except himself.
Stuart isn’t a top 8 NRL coach he simply can not turn this team around.
If 1 Finals appearance in 5 years is good then that’ll do me.....we got lucky at back end of 2016 with many players in form beyond that Raiders are ****, the mentality of a child.
When you think of Storm you think of men when you think of Raiders you think of little boys, kiddies.

Don Furner and Co including Stuart should go the Club needs new direction. The Club is stuck in the 1990s.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

InFernos_Raiders wrote: August 12, 2018, 10:22 pm
Bay53 wrote: August 12, 2018, 9:00 pm I can’t disagree with too much Ricky said.
Nothing is ever Stuart’s fault, he blames everything and everyone except himself.
Stuart isn’t a top 8 NRL coach he simply can not turn this team around.
If 1 Finals appearance in 5 years is good then that’ll do me.....we got lucky at back end of 2016 with many players in form beyond that Raiders are ****, the mentality of a child.
When you think of Storm you think of men when you think of Raiders you think of little boys, kiddies.

Don Furner and Co including Stuart should go the Club needs new direction. The Club is stuck in the 1990s.
C'mon mate. Our run in 2016 wasn't all down to luck. Ricky and the side deserve credit for a great season, but that was two years ago and he and the team deserve all the criticism for 2017 and 2018 that they are now receiving.
Shoving it in your face since 2017
roneel78
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Campese

Post by roneel78 »

Bay53 wrote:I can’t disagree with too much Ricky said.
Likewise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

In general I agree Bay53. When he called out the 10 minute period with BJ in the bin he was right. The Tigers put 16 points on us in that 10 minute period. Outside of that 10 minute period he could argue that the score was 20-6 in our favour. What he didn't say was that it was Joey's continued ill-discipline which is costing the team. The brain explosions in defence continue to happen with him. Imo it was unnecessary for BJ to put himself in that position as well. It has not changed much since he joined the club. I still remember the trips to the judiciary for two shoulder charges in different matches in his first season with us. He's just moved on to other areas of ill-discipline.

I thought the comments he made about Nic Cotric were ok in context. He is a young fullback. He is learning. He does need to talk as a fullback to the defensive line. He covered a lot of kms in the game and I thought he looked tanked at one point. From my opinion, I hope he has learned not to take dummies anymore. Twice in two weeks he has taken them and led to opposition tries. Just take the man with the ball NC. But to say Jack is our Billy Slater ... well he wears the No1 jersey I suppose.

Further on ill-discipline, Austin continues to astound. What was he thinking when he turned the Tigers player upside down into a slam position. I know he didn't know the rules about deliberate knock on from a penalty tap as he performed against Manly, but to take a player beyond the horizontal like that was as stupid as it gets. His ill-discipline when we were looking to consolidate our fight back was a rightful penalty to the Tigers and put them in better field position and out of harms way with the ball for another set. The selfish chip and chase play which again surrendered the ball to the Tigers was another in a season full of selfish moments and again it happened when we needed to apply pressure late in the match not meekly surrender possession. Only 3 more weeks with him in green. Hallelujah.

Three Top 8 sides to still play in Season 2018. We know how that has gone this year.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

LastRaider wrote: August 12, 2018, 8:59 pm
Northern Raider wrote:
LastRaider wrote: August 12, 2018, 6:35 pm Who’s watched the presser? Poor Cotric, Stuart indirectly puts the blame on the defensive errors to Cotric’s inexperience. **** unbelievable. I’m calling it now, Cotric will leave the club by the end of next year.

Also this love for Wighton by Stuart has got to stop... seriously! Stuart, Wighton has let the you, us and the team down for his behaviour. Don’t use him as an excuse for poor performance of the team.

Just leave already, you self serving arrogant EDIT!

Well you had Paps leaving because we wanted him to play middle forward so I'm confident Cotric stays. Can't see the club giving him an early release.
Well no that wasn’t it, I said he doesn’t want to play prop. Lock is fine.

Anyway if much of the same happens next year with Stuart still at the helm, there will be walk outs and clubs will come sniffing around our top talent. Player agents are not stupid either, in Cotric’s case his value is rising each week and players of his Calibre are already being paid a lot more then him like Kalyan Ponga, Payne Haas, Jamayne Issako and Viliame Kikau. It’s natural that his agent would go looking for a better deal.

....except he’s on contract till end of 2020
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Green Taipan
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Big Mal

Post by Green Taipan »

RedRaider wrote: August 13, 2018, 6:06 am
In general I agree Bay53. When he called out the 10 minute period with BJ in the bin he was right. The Tigers put 16 points on us in that 10 minute period. Outside of that 10 minute period he could argue that the score was 20-6 in our favour. What he didn't say was that it was Joey's continued ill-discipline which is costing the team. The brain explosions in defence continue to happen with him. Imo it was unnecessary for BJ to put himself in that position as well. It has not changed much since he joined the club. I still remember the trips to the judiciary for two shoulder charges in different matches in his first season with us. He's just moved on to other areas of ill-discipline.

I thought the comments he made about Nic Cotric were ok in context. He is a young fullback. He is learning. He does need to talk as a fullback to the defensive line. He covered a lot of kms in the game and I thought he looked tanked at one point. From my opinion, I hope he has learned not to take dummies anymore. Twice in two weeks he has taken them and led to opposition tries. Just take the man with the ball NC. But to say Jack is our Billy Slater ... well he wears the No1 jersey I suppose.

Further on ill-discipline, Austin continues to astound. What was he thinking when he turned the Tigers player upside down into a slam position. I know he didn't know the rules about deliberate knock on from a penalty tap as he performed against Manly, but to take a player beyond the horizontal like that was as stupid as it gets. His ill-discipline when we were looking to consolidate our fight back was a rightful penalty to the Tigers and put them in better field position and out of harms way with the ball for another set. The selfish chip and chase play which again surrendered the ball to the Tigers was another in a season full of selfish moments and again it happened when we needed to apply pressure late in the match not meekly surrender possession. Only 3 more weeks with him in green. Hallelujah.

Three Top 8 sides to still play in Season 2018. We know how that has gone this year.
To be fair to BJ, if Tapine hadn't made another of his ill disciplined tackles (he was penalised twice in the match for head-highs) BJ wouldn't have been caught out and sent off. The game was effectively lost while he was off. Tapine's lazy tackling technique and ill discipline has cost us a number of games over the years yet along with Austin and BJ they never learn or are coached to fix it.
It's a simple game; tackle, back-up, pass, hold the ball! What did I say? "Hold the bloody ball!!"
Gold member 2023
yeh raiders
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by yeh raiders »

I agree. If BJ wasn’t there or retreated to the line, they would’ve either run at someone else who would’ve had to make an offside tackle or they would’ve scored anyway.

Everyone was caught by surprise when the quick tap was taken and It was unfortunate, and the number of players binned this year is around 80.

It was all kicked off by an amateur attempt at tackle from Tapine, so he gets my blame before BJ does.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Injuries continue to haunt Canberra Raiders: Ricky Stuart

Canberra are staring at a 10th-place finish for the third time in Ricky Stuart's tenure at the NRL club and the coach believes injuries have been a major factor.

"Josh is as important to us as Cameron Smith is to Melbourne and we've had 14 weeks of putting up with that (Hodgson missing) and we did a wonderful job to hang in," Stuart said. "Losing our fullback, which is no fault of anybody but ours and Jack's, is crucial and again, that's your Billy Slater to your Melbourne. That's why they're hanging around the top four and we're hanging around 10th.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/ ... 4zx3o.html

Cleary brushes off contract talk as Tigers down Raiders: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/ ... 4zx0o.html
Velda
Ken Nagas
Favourite Player: Terry Campese

Post by Velda »

Maybe if Ricky hadn’t played everyone EXCEPT our backup hooker (Garvey) while Hodgo was injured it wouldn’t have had such an impact on the side - but heaven forbid anyone ever suggest that was a bad call hey Ricky?
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

The problem with Ricky's excuse is that we have played like rubbish since 2017.
cat
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse

Post by cat »

Hodgo charged by match review....

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Vaccinated
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

cat wrote: August 13, 2018, 12:57 pm Hodgo charged by match review....

What?? What for?

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

edwahu wrote: August 13, 2018, 11:38 am The problem with Ricky's excuse is that we have played like rubbish since 2017.
"I'm not making excuses but here are some excuses" he says...

Look at our gadamn roster Ricky. We shouldn't be losing to a bunch of tackle bags that we played yesterday. It's really that simple. "Oh but but but, our depth...." Ricky our depth is **** because you walked in the door and dropped our Junior development structures like a sack of spuds. And the few that now come through ride the pine for 80 minutes. This has happened several times this year and it is not good enough. For example - Boyd dropping the ball from a penalty tap yesterday - then immediately running over and giving away a penalty is enough to 'hook him'.... Would have been a chance to throw Murchie on - or anybody... but no we have to wait until exactly the 22 minute mark to give him a spell...
Sure Hodgson (our Smith) was a huge loss but Havili has played admirably this year. Havili is actually a superior runner out of dummy half than Hodgson is, and was the instigator of much of our forward momentum early in the year. You also recruited another young guy to cover for Hodgson and then chose to play Sezer instead of him.
Wighton (our Slater - **snigger**) is a boofhead who broke the law back in February and is lucky to still be at the club. He has had his best season so far at the back but his unavailability is not the reason for our woes. We were still **** when he was playing.

I wish you well as a person and your services to this club as a player are brilliant You deserve a statue at Bruce Stadium. But please quit.. Please...
Shoving it in your face since 2017
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

T_R wrote:

What?? What for?
Dangerous throw apparently
jozzas
Alan Tongue
Favourite Player: Whitehead

Post by jozzas »

I can see us coming equal last and only missing the spoon on for and against from here. These are dark days.
Johno
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Johno »

-TW- wrote: August 13, 2018, 1:10 pm
T_R wrote:

What?? What for?
These reviews are biased.

Havent bothered looking but did Lolo get suspended?
Because sure asx **** Tapine does whenever anything near a shoulder.
Last edited by greeneyed on August 13, 2018, 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Swearing not permitted on the site in any form. Please do not avoid the swearing filter.
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Johno wrote: August 13, 2018, 3:06 pm
-TW- wrote: August 13, 2018, 1:10 pm
T_R wrote:

What?? What for?
These reviews are biased.

Havent bothered looking but did Lolo get suspended?
Because sure asx **** Tapine does whenever anything near a shoulder.
Yes, lolo got suspended.
https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/08/10/nor ... er-charge/
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

I'd like the Tigers to sneak into the 8 so we can say we beat a top 8 side...

Stick it right in our face..
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

yeh raiders wrote: August 13, 2018, 10:08 am I agree. If BJ wasn’t there or retreated to the line, they would’ve either run at someone else who would’ve had to make an offside tackle or they would’ve scored anyway.

Everyone was caught by surprise when the quick tap was taken and It was unfortunate, and the number of players binned this year is around 80.

It was all kicked off by an amateur attempt at tackle from Tapine, so he gets my blame before BJ does.
You're better off giving away the 4 or 6 than getting yourself sent off for 10 mins which puts your team in a much bigger hole...
Lucy
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Tarps

2018 Rd 22 V Tigers: Game Day

Post by Lucy »

BadnMean wrote:
yeh raiders wrote: August 13, 2018, 10:08 am I agree. If BJ wasn’t there or retreated to the line, they would’ve either run at someone else who would’ve had to make an offside tackle or they would’ve scored anyway.

You're better off giving away the 4 or 6 than getting yourself sent off for 10 mins which puts your team in a much bigger hole...
Exactly. Tell that to Jack Wighton - 2016 Preliminary Final loss by 2 but gave away more than that in his absence..

I don't just blame Edrick for that loss, I blame EDIT Wighton equally.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Hazza
Chris O'Sullivan
Favourite Player: Adam Clydesdale

Post by Hazza »

No mate everything's BJ's fault you should know that by now. Fair dinkum I'm sick of him getting bagged. 1 thing Joey does is he busts his ass every week.

Sure he isn't overly smart at times and takes stupid low percentage options but he does a lot of good things too. Of course he receives zero credit for that. You take the good with the bad. People just wait for him to make an error and climb in to him. The way I see it, he isn't even close to the biggest problem in this team. I adore the man and make no apologies for it.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Hazza wrote: August 13, 2018, 5:19 pm

No mate everything's BJ's fault you should know that by now. Fair dinkum I'm sick of him getting bagged. 1 thing Joey does is he busts his ass every week.

Sure he isn't overly smart at times and takes stupid low percentage options but he does a lot of good things too. Of course he receives zero credit for that. You take the good with the bad. People just wait for him to make an error and climb in to him. The way I see it, he isn't even close to the biggest problem in this team. I adore the man and make no apologies for it.
I'm a fan of BJ.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Gallery: Raiders v Tigers: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2018/08 ... -v-tigers/

Vote Now: Man of the Match Round 22: http://greenroomdigital.snapforms.com.a ... ek-round22

Round 22 play of the week: Joe Tapine: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2018/08 ... oe-tapine/

By the numbers: Raiders v Tigers: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2018/08 ... -v-tigers/

Round 22 Dance School Performance: Brindabella Physical Culture Club: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2018/08 ... ture-club/
Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley

Post by Green eyed Mick »

-PJ- wrote: August 13, 2018, 5:23 pm

I'm a fan of BJ.
Same. If Boyd and Paulo ran with the intensity of BJ we'd be in the top 4.

We might have a garbage set of halves and il-discipline on the edges, but if our big boppers in the middle were remotely competent we'd be in the 8.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

I thought he was lazy in not getting back on side. The West Tigers saw it and ran at him. He goes off to the bin and 16 points against the Raiders was the result. The game is not only about attack. If there was such a thing as an offensive side and a defensive side you'd want him in your offensive team for sure. But this is NRL not NFL.
Lucy
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Tarps

Post by Lucy »

BJ is a liability. To quote a wise person of the likes the Raiders wish were coach; Paula Abdul "He takes 2 steps forward, he takes 3 steps back".

LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

Captain Punish wrote:BJ is a liability. To quote a wise person of the likes the Raiders wish were coach; Paula Abdul "He takes 2 steps forward, he takes 3 steps back".

Yep, happily move him on knowing we have Cotric and Wighton their to fill the position

-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

LastRaider wrote: August 13, 2018, 7:20 pm
Captain Punish wrote:BJ is a liability. To quote a wise person of the likes the Raiders wish were coach; Paula Abdul "He takes 2 steps forward, he takes 3 steps back".

Yep, happily move him on knowing we have Cotric and Wighton their to fill the position

I'm still a fan of BJ. His good stuff outweighs the bad stuff.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Gallery: Around the grounds, Raiders v Tigers: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2018/08 ... -v-tigers/

Joe Tapine makes NRL.com team of the week: https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/08/12/vot ... -round-22/

Round 22 Dance School Performance: Empire Performing Arts: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2018/08 ... ming-arts/
random raider
Gerry De La Cruz
Favourite Player: Josh

Post by random raider »

yeh raiders wrote: August 12, 2018, 2:19 pm I blame Tapine, BJ either let’s him score or goes the bin.. simple as that
will then you may as will blame Cotric for loosing the ball putting everybody under pressure, 4-6 points better than the 16 which were scored while in sin bin simple as that
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

Captain Punish wrote: August 13, 2018, 4:36 pm
BadnMean wrote:

Exactly. Tell that to Jack Wighton - 2016 Preliminary Final loss by 2 but gave away more than that in his absence..

I don't just blame Edrick for that loss, I blame EDIT Wighton equally.

That's not fair. Wighton was binned for something others got away with all season long. Remember binnings weren't a dime a dozen that season. I remember at least three other occasions when players from other teams did almost exactly the same thing and weren't binned that season.

Plus, we practically held on, even without him. Butterfingers Lee was much more responsible.

And that evil thug who's the captain of those cheats who put the dog shot on our captain.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)