Post by -TW- »

Pigman wrote:I bet Smithy **** hates IPA's
What's this horse piss, get me a VB champ
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Re: I'm tired and I'm worn down

Post by -PJ- »

I'm tired and I'm worn down and I'm old and I'm unfit.

But could easily beat Aidan Sezer over 50m.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
yurithe1
David Furner
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by yurithe1 »

-PJ- wrote: August 6, 2018, 6:47 am I'm tired and I'm worn down and I'm old and I'm unfit.

But could easily beat Aidan Sezer over 50m.
But you didn't get a contract extension. <face palm>. Recruiting and retention needs a revisit.
Some people talk about the weather. Others do something about it.

MEMBER NO.: 4500 (before they changed the numbering system).
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

How's morale ?
Brew
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Blake Austin

Post by Brew »

-PJ- wrote:How's morale ?
Trying to get a release to join another club.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
In Ricky We Trust
Timbo
David Furner
Favourite Player: Hudson Young

Post by Timbo »

I actually really didn’t care during that game.

During the second half I was mainly surfing the web.

This team and SuperCoach are completely eroding my interest.
Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is just the train that's about to hit you.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Brew wrote: August 12, 2018, 4:53 pm

No release.

You're locked down for life, suck it up.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

-PJ- wrote: August 12, 2018, 4:59 pm

No release.

Back ended deal too
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I think I'm still tired and worn down.
Thomas Raider
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Thomas Raider »

greeneyed wrote: August 12, 2018, 6:06 pm I think I'm still tired and worn down.
Aren`t we all,let`s all just get drunk :cmon
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

I cracked open my emergency case of Corsendonk Christmas Ale.

Things are dire.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
RTW
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by RTW »

I don’t care about the result but what really gets to me is Seeing Murchie ride the pine. I just don’t understand why we are so reluctant to start planning for next year.
Grün Maschine
Simon Woolford
Favourite Player: Ken Nagas

Post by Grün Maschine »

Because we have a very slight slight chance of making it
:roflmao
Brew
Steve Walters

Post by Brew »

-PJ- wrote:

No release.

Contracts mean nothing in the NRL

In Ricky We Trust
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

NFL pre-season is underway, you think im about your raiders?
Well **** your raiders.

Mood:
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by reptar »

Is Murchie tired after today?
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
Brew
Steve Walters

Post by Brew »

reptar wrote:Is Murchie tired after today?
No, but he is worn down.

In Ricky We Trust
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Sticky's use of the bench is once again laughable. He claims to worry about the development of young players yet he selects them and gives zero game time, while the slugs who will not be here next year get to play. I like Shannon Boyd, but he put more effort into punching the ground than he did actually playing the game yesterday. He would be one of seventeen 'hurting in there' but only because he has a bruised wrist. Out with the old and in with the new Sticky - I know it won't happen but it really should. Don't be worried about the impact of a few beatings from Top 8 sides over the next 3 weeks on the young players. It will give them a whole off season to focus on areas of improvement.
Beejay
John Ferguson

Post by Beejay »

I'm feeling the same i felt in the last year before Dave Furner got sacked... If the board can't see that we are just a joke of mediocrity and aren't striving for the best, then what is the point in emotionally investing.
Ricky Stuart is done.
100%green
Don Furner

Post by 100%green »

Love my team.... will support them every damn week.

However I'm also disillusioned with where we are and have been for decades. The occasional awesome year isn't enough. I know the are heaps of fans out there who are are will say I'm not a real fan.... or go follow another team cause I dare to actually criticize my club but I don't care.

There's a million and one excuses why we aren't a powerhouse, money, location, luck... but that's all they are.. excuses. Those in charge have done some great work since the Super League days. Getting us back on track after we were on the nose for a long time and they should be commended for that. But it isn't enough anymore. I'm not singling people out but at the end of the year the entire organization needs a review. It won't happen but in an ideal world it should.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Woodgers
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Nick Cotric

Post by Woodgers »

In all my time on the GH (or other forums used for Canberra Raiders discussion that I frequented prior to this place being developed), i'm not sure i've ever seen Raiders fan morale as bad as it is across the board that we're experiencing right now. We're now in that zone where many people are abandoning their passion and interest in the club, and in some cases wishing losses on the club to enact some change. I don't post much on social media but a quick scan there shows unprecedented levels of vitriol being exchanged between supporters of the Raiders. The end of the season really can't come quick enough for all associated with the club. Even the puff pieces seem to have dried up a fair bit in the past few weeks so I assume that the club does have some clue about what is going on yet just thinks if they can see out the final 3 weeks and walk quietly into the night, it will all blow over in the offseason and we start fresh like nothing has ever happened.

It's a sorry state of affairs.
We continue to **** about with blokes that are part of some fraternity. It's infuriating.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Root and branch review required of the whole club. Three finals appearances in a decade. One in the past six. That's the worst performance of the club in its history. One grand final qualifier in a full competition in 23 years. No grand final appearance in 24 years. No grand final appearance in the era of the NRL. The club is long term, seriously under performing. It needs a massive jolt. I don't know what that involves, but rugby league in the region depends on the club reviving itself. It can't stand this long term decline in the face of competiton from other codes.

Ricky Stuart promised a "brutal" review after 2017. Basically nothing at all changed. This year he's promised it won't be a "fluffy" review. I hope the lessons start to actually be learned. As clearly not much was learned after 2017.

But it isn't just the football department. The management of the salary cap has been extremely poor. We've lost three big name players... one a half... and no halves recruit in prospect. The squad just keeps on getting weaker. The club has disinvested in its development pathways, casting aside the responsibility of running a NSW Premiership and Jersey Flegg team for the region. There are good thing the club has done... and maybe things looked more bleak at the end of David Furner's tenure as coach. But things have rarely looked this bleak.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

You know one other thing... When Ricky Stuart tells a journalist in an interview he knows what the problems are... well, just once, I'd like to see them ask... "So what are they?" The level of inquiry is so shallow in sports journalism in Australia.
Woodgers
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Nick Cotric

Post by Woodgers »

I don't understand the point of the review though GE. You do a review to work out what is going right and what is going wrong and then change procedures and personnel to adapt. You can review this footy club 800 different ways but as long as it remains the plaything of the people who have been there forever, we're doomed. I mean lets be as candid as possible here, do you think if someone didn't give a favourable review into the leadership on and off the field as a club that we'd change it? An annual review does absolutely nothing if they don't make the recommended changes or discard them. The problems are far beyond whether we need more trials or fancier tackle bags which is probably what will be spat out the back end and the cycle continues.

Are then any details on who would conduct a review anyhow? Because if they just hire Dennis Denuto because he's never missed a QBN Blues presso night, you might as well just gift him the cash and save everyone's time.
We continue to **** about with blokes that are part of some fraternity. It's infuriating.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

greeneyed wrote: August 13, 2018, 7:42 pm You know one other thing... When Ricky Stuart tells a journalist in an interview he knows what the problems are... well, just once, I'd like to see them ask... "So what are they?" The level of inquiry is so shallow in sports journalism in Australia.
Can we CC everyone of the gutless cowards who cover this club and protect this coach in on this post?
Just once!
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

My morale has never been lower.

This club, the club I love is slowing killing me..

I'm hating the place right now mainly because no one within seems to care..and that doesn't sit right.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Yeah i mean i can only speak for myself, but my interest has never been this low
I live canberra, paid for 4 full memberships and struggled to find reasons to get to games.

cant see it changing.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

And apparently membership is up..as high as ever..20,000 I believe.

All this on the back of 2016..remember 2016 ?

What's happened since then has broken my heart.

3 more weeks..and I can't see us winning again this year.

It all started with the easiest draw possible and we blew it. It was over back in March. We have stumbled, burped and farted our way to August now and we will finish 2018 with 7 straight loses.

We'll be damn fortunate to avoid the spoon...and we deserve it..Ricky deserves it !!!!
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Pigman wrote: August 13, 2018, 7:51 pm
greeneyed wrote: August 13, 2018, 7:42 pm You know one other thing... When Ricky Stuart tells a journalist in an interview he knows what the problems are... well, just once, I'd like to see them ask... "So what are they?" The level of inquiry is so shallow in sports journalism in Australia.
Can we CC everyone of the gutless cowards who cover this club and protect this coach in on this post?
Just once!
I don't for one moment endorse that sort of language or comment.

However, I do think the situation is such that the club needs to have a members forum. The club needs to open itself up to some accountability from the supporters. The supporters deserve some answers to some difficult questions.
Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Green eyed Mick »

greeneyed wrote: August 13, 2018, 7:24 pm Root and branch review required of the whole club. Three finals appearances in a decade. One in the past six. That's the worst performance of the club in its history. One grand final qualifier in a full competition in 23 years. No grand final appearance in 24 years. No grand final appearance in the era of the NRL. The club is long term, seriously under performing. It needs a massive jolt. I don't know what that involves, but rugby league in the region depends on the club reviving itself. It can't stand this long term decline in the face of competiton from other codes.

Ricky Stuart promised a "brutal" review after 2017. Basically nothing at all changed. This year he's promised it won't be a "fluffy" review. I hope the lessons start to actually be learned. As clearly not much was learned after 2017.

But it isn't just the football department. The management of the salary cap has been extremely poor. We've lost three big name players... one a half... and no halves recruit in prospect. The squad just keeps on getting weaker. The club has disinvested in its development pathways, casting aside the responsibility of running a NSW Premiership and Jersey Flegg team for the region. There are good thing the club has done... and maybe things looked more bleak at the end of David Furner's tenure as coach. But things have rarely looked this bleak.
The club isn't weaker getting rid of Austin and Paulo. They are two of the laziest, il-disciplined bludgers that have ever disgraced a Raiders jersey. Boyd isn't much better.

As for the review. It should be independent and it should start at the very top.
hobbsy
Glenn Lazarus

Post by hobbsy »

Someone with a young kid should just pull them out of school and dedicate the next 10-15 years of their life to footy training for 8 hours a day, manufacture a future immortal and just drill it into their head that they will play for no one but the Raiders when they make it. Might be our best shot.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

greeneyed wrote: August 13, 2018, 8:11 pm
Pigman wrote: August 13, 2018, 7:51 pm
Just once!
I don't for one moment endorse that sort of language or comment.

However, I do think the situation is such that the club needs to have a members forum. The club needs to open itself up to some accountability from the supporters. The supporters deserve some answers to some difficult questions.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. We know you dont endorse that comment, but secretly, when no one is around, i bet you do! :lol:
Brew
Steve Walters

Post by Brew »

Pigman wrote:Yeah i mean i can only speak for myself, but my interest has never been this low
I live canberra, paid for 4 full memberships and struggled to find reasons to get to games.

cant see it changing.
I’m actually with you. Yeah take my Ricky love aside, this is the lowest I have felt about this club only because I really don’t see anything changing at all, no decent prospective signings for next year, most likely appoint McFadden as an assistant coach. The same halves who can’t control and manage a game for next year.

And nothing will change, just carry on and do the same thing and hope it changes or just make excuses when it doesn’t.

Someone asked me at work who I hope would win the competition now that the The Raiders are officially out and I told them the Roosters and in the same breathe I said I wish I chose them as a kid.

In Ricky We Trust
Rickmando
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Post by Rickmando »

We will look back on the Ricky era as much darker than the Furner one in hindsight.

You think things are bad now? Wait until he and the board leave us with a complete mess in every facet/department of the club.