Tigers 13+
44%

Total votes: 16

Ultima
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Croker

Re: 2018 Rd 22 V Tigers: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by Ultima »

Obviously it didn't happen this week and it won't happen in the future either but why not just say **** it and drop half the team, breach the cap and put in some new players, what are they going to do? Take our points? Oh no!

The salary cap "second tier" is horse **** and needs to be ignored when a club has no hope of making the finals otherwise it just makes the NRL worse...
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

Ultima wrote: August 8, 2018, 6:04 pm Obviously it didn't happen this week and it won't happen in the future either but why not just say **** it and drop half the team, breach the cap and put in some new players, what are they going to do? Take our points? Oh no!

The salary cap "second tier" is horse **** and needs to be ignored when a club has no hope of making the finals otherwise it just makes the NRL worse...
There are only 30 registered players you can use (28 for us since Garvey and Gibb are gone). There is no second tier.

You could run out with unregistered played but the game would be forfeit before kick off.
Ultima
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Croker

Post by Ultima »

Forfeiting the game isn't going to hurt us, at least it helps us out for next year, keeping other teams under performing players match fit doesn't do **** for us and I'm really over the Raiders always being the nice guys... **** them, 24 years of Bull needs to **** end and none of our management or the NRL seem to give any **** into lettings us get there so who cares if we don't play by their rules anymore...
Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Green eyed Mick »

Green Taipan wrote: August 8, 2018, 5:05 pm
LastRaider wrote: August 8, 2018, 4:09 pm
jozzas wrote:Gee I'm glad Paulo retains his starting spot after playing so well and really putting in and not being gassed late and leaking tries and I'm also glad he's here for the long term too and that there are no young guys that could desperately use a bit of experience before being expected to be a full time part of the team next year praise Ricky
It’s a **** joke! Stuart’s self interest agenda is driving this as he wants the Raiders to finish as high up the ladder as he can (aiming for 10th) to save face as apose to some forward planning for next year with our junior players and trialing new positions for current players. He is the most selfish and arrogant Coach in the NRL.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
That sums up RS in a nutshell!
Do you think Ricky believes we are a better side with Paulo than we are with Knight?

Surely someone has made him aware that Paulo is objectively one of the worst performing middle
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

jozzas wrote:Gee I'm glad Paulo retains his starting spot after playing so well and really putting in and not being gassed late and leaking tries and I'm also glad he's here for the long term too and that there are no young guys that could desperately use a bit of experience before being expected to be a full time part of the team next year praise Ricky
It’s a **** joke! Stuart’s self interest agenda is driving this as he wants the Raiders to finish as high up the ladder as he can (aiming for 10th) to save face as apose to some forward planning for next year with our junior players and trialing new positions for current players. He is the most selfish and arrogant Coach in the NRL.

Stuart wants to finish as close to the 8 as possible so he can justify another season of failure by saying we had some key injuries and suspensions (Hodgson, Rapana, Wighton and Sezer) and the officials cost us 4 points. In any other year we'd have been a top 6 team.
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

Ultima wrote: August 8, 2018, 6:24 pm Forfeiting the game isn't going to hurt us, at least it helps us out for next year, keeping other teams under performing players match fit doesn't do **** for us and I'm really over the Raiders always being the nice guys... **** them, 24 years of Bull needs to **** end and none of our management or the NRL seem to give any **** into lettings us get there so who cares if we don't play by their rules anymore...
The game wouldn't even go ahead. Do it once and we get a massive fine, do it twice and they would strip our license.

The only thing we could do to blood other players is pretend to have about 15 sudden injuries.
Green thumbs
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by Green thumbs »

With all the shake up in coaches, do you think we could pick up a competent defensive coach? A few might get thrown out, during the centrifusion. Im ever hopeful!
kiwi raider
Steve Walters

Post by kiwi raider »

Green thumbs wrote: August 8, 2018, 7:57 pm With all the shake up in coaches, do you think we could pick up a competent defensive coach? A few might get thrown out, during the centrifusion. Im ever hopeful!
It’s been stated a few times McFadden is returning to Canberra, I reckon there’s a very good chance he’ll be part of the coaching staff next year
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I like Andy... but there's not a lot to suggest that he's been successful in the coaching game...

We need to scour the earth for some top line attacking and defensive assistant coaches. And I only mention attack, because I understand Mick Crawley is leaving.
kiwi raider
Steve Walters

Post by kiwi raider »

greeneyed wrote: August 8, 2018, 8:40 pm I like Andy... but there's not a lot to suggest that he's been successful in the coaching game...

We need to scour the earth for some top line attacking and defensive assistant coaches. And I only mention attack, because I understand Mick Crawley is leaving.
Yea don’t get me wrong, i’m Not saying I think he’s the answer just that I reckon it will happen.
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

InFernos_Raiders wrote: August 8, 2018, 1:58 am
zim wrote: August 7, 2018, 8:05 pm
Coastalraider wrote:
greeneyed wrote: August 7, 2018, 6:24 pm
LastRaider wrote: August 7, 2018, 6:05 pm OMG, I can’t believe what I am seeing with this line up. I saw an earlier post about wanting the club to get flogged week in week out to apply pressure on the board.

Well I am officially on board. I hope we get flogged by 30+ points every game home now.

I really hate Ricky Stuart. I’ve now lost all the good I saw in him from when he use to play. My mother new him when she was involved in the CRL and always said he was an arrogant, self serving ****. And he is and I don’t care for all the good he does with the community etc because I now believe it’s all in self service of himself.

Sorry but some of these comments are becoming rather silly. What are his options? Seriously, there are no players left to put in the back line. Sure, maybe give some young forwards a go instead of some serious under performers.

As to his commitment to the community... that should be absolutely unquestioned.
GE, there are a number of options. Whitehead to centre, bringing Murchie in to the starting side is the obvious one. He’s had a taste now, so let’s give him a big stint before the year is out.

Is Seb Kris in our top 30? I think he is. Why would he be in the 30 if we show no inclination to use him, even when we have ‘run out of backs’.

Another option is Sia on one edge. Not ideal, but it should mean brining Guler onto the bench to have a taste this year. If. It now, against the last bottom 8 team we will play this year, then when is his opportunity going to come???

Any of these options give a taste to someone we may need next year.

At least 2 if them also improve our defensive line.

And all 3 should rightly remove Austin and Paulo form playing first grade.
Seb Kris is not in our top 30. He's also 19 and played a handful of ISP games.

The backs that we have in the side are it. The Whitehead or Sia to centre is still an option as others have mentioned
If it was up to me it'd be Whitehead.
Only a handful of ISP games means nothing look at other teams blooding in of young players. Stuart has not done this since he has been here.
Off the top of my head (there are more) Stuart has picked players with little to no ISP experience before as well as some younger players:
Bateman
Cotric
L Croker
M Cornish

Only 1 has looked at home in first grade and he is an exceptional talent. Kris is not a Nick Cotric or David Fifita. ISP experience is definitely important for the development of some players.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

"We need to fix our errors"

It's round 22 fellas.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by reptar »

-PJ- wrote:"We need to fix our errors"

It's round 22 fellas.
We need 22 trials!
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
CJ42
Laurie Daley

Post by CJ42 »

Lol Cleary called the team in yesterday to say he can’t assure them he will be there next year, has family issues to think about.
I expect we will continue our 40-50 points scored against the tigers will continue.
VictorTheViking
Ricky Stuart

Post by VictorTheViking »

Crawley leaving??? His attack coaching was and is brilliant.....idiots at hq

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Green Taipan
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Big Mal

Post by Green Taipan »

Pigman wrote: August 8, 2018, 7:13 pm

Stuart wants to finish as close to the 8 as possible so he can justify another season of failure by saying we had some key injuries and suspensions (Hodgson, Rapana, Wighton and Sezer) and the officials cost us 4 points. In any other year we'd have been a top 6 team.
Stuart would be more likely to achieve his objective without Paulo and Austin in the side. He has no idea! He is also too proud and arrogant to make changes even if he thought he was wrong in his selections!
It's a simple game; tackle, back-up, pass, hold the ball! What did I say? "Hold the bloody ball!!"
Gold member 2023
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

VIDEO: Josh Hodgson: John Bateman is fit, tough and he can play

Josh Hodgson says John Bateman is a fantastic acquisition for the green machine in 2019 after the club officially announced his signing earlier this morning. The pair are England international teammates and Hodgson can't wait to line up alongside Bateman in green next year.

Video: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2018/08 ... -can-play/

Video: Lui reveals Papalii inspiration during tough rehab process: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2018/08 ... b-process/

Video: Raiders v Wests Tigers preview - Round 22: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2018/08 ... -v-tigers/

NRL Match Preview: Raiders v Tigers: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2018/08 ... -v-tigers/

Video: Sunday afternoon footy returns home this weekend: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2018/08 ... s-weekend/
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders expect Ivan Cleary's Wests Tigers to adopt siege mentality

Josh Hodgson believes the coaching furore engulfing the Wests Tigers will be in the back of their minds but it won't make a difference when the opening whistle blows.

"It’s a weird situation obviously. If that was here the players would be talking about it and you would be thinking about it in the back of your mind, but I think come game day you just worry about trying to get the win," Hodgson said.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/ ... 4zweg.html

Bateman to become fourth English player at Canberra in 2019: https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/08/09/joh ... xt-season/
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

CJ42 wrote: August 9, 2018, 9:45 am Lol Cleary called the team in yesterday to say he can’t assure them he will be there next year, has family issues to think about.
I expect we will continue our 40-50 points scored against the tigers will continue.
It's tough to see how they can win if we're being objective. Cleary revving the boys up with a motivational speech? Why would the players give a **** what he has to say?
Shoving it in your face since 2017
Lucy
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Tarps

Post by Lucy »

gergreg wrote:
CJ42 wrote: August 9, 2018, 9:45 am Lol Cleary called the team in yesterday to say he can’t assure them he will be there next year, has family issues to think about.
It's tough to see how they can win if we're being objective. Cleary revving the boys up with a motivational speech? Why would the players give a **** what he has to say?
Our coach isn't going anywhere yet no one gives a **** what he has to say, so I am not sure it matters eitherway.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

CJ42
Laurie Daley

Post by CJ42 »

gergreg wrote: August 9, 2018, 7:45 pm
I'd be fuming if I was a wests player or fan. that's incredibly poor form.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Video: Canberra Raiders hooker Josh Hodgson speaks about the clash with the Wests Tigers

Josh Hodgson has previewed Sunday's clash against the Tigers at GIO Stadium.

"It's a weird situation, I think that when it comes to the game they will be fully focused on trying to get the win and especially with them trying to make the eight," Hodgson said.

"Since the last time we played them Robbie Farah has come into the team and he's given them some direction and we'll look at what worked against them last time however things have changed since then."

Video: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2018/08 ... inal-word/

Marsters eyes off fast track to Raiders' tryline: https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/08/10/tig ... s-tryline/

Kick-off time for Canberra Raiders “The Grounds” residential development in historic Braddon: https://the-riotact.com/kick-off-time-f ... don/259298
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Benji cleared to Marshall Wests Tigers in another raid on the Canberra Raiders

They're the words Canberrra Raiders fans should block their ears to avoid. Benji Marshall will definitely play. The Wests Tigers five-eighth declared he would play at Canberra Stadium on Sunday as he looks to continue his impressive record against the Green Machine. Not that he wanted talk about it and put the "mocker" on himself.

"Yeah it is [a good record], but I don't want to talk about it because last time I did that I put the mocker on and lost against - I'm not going to mention it - but a record's a record.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/ ... 4zwp2.html

Marshall can understand why Cleary would depart Wests Tigers: https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/08/10/ben ... ts-tigers/
Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley

greeneyed wrote: August 10, 2018, 12:39 pm Video: Canberra Raiders hooker Josh Hodgson speaks about the clash with the Wests Tigers

"It's a weird situation, I think that when it comes to the game they will be fully focused on trying to get the win and especially with them trying to make the eight," Hodgson said.

"Since the last time we played them Robbie Farah has come into the team and he's given them some direction and we'll look at what worked against them last time however things have changed since then."

Marsters eyes off fast track to Raiders' tryline: https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/08/10/tig ... s-tryline/

Kick-off time for Canberra Raiders “The Grounds” residential development in historic Braddon: https://the-riotact.com/kick-off-time-f ... don/259298
Does Hodgo not watch replays of the games?

Paulo and Austin have contributed SFA this entire year and Boyd's form dropped off a cliff after he signed his deal with the Titan

None of the fans I know what to see these guys farewelled with a few wins. They want to see these guys farewelled in a Mounties Jersey.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Ricky Stuart puts Canberra Raiders on notice over defensive frailties

Canberra Raiders coach Ricky Stuart has put the Green Machine on notice about their individual deficiencies in defence.

"It's very frustrating and disappointing where we are on the table," Stuart said. "We're one of the best attacking teams in the competition and I give the players a lot of credit for their attacking ability, yet we have a number of deficiencies in defence and players have got to take account for it.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/ ... 4zwoz.html
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Ricky... they're your defensive structures... you recruit the players and select the team. This has been happening for a long time. When are the coaches going to be accountable?
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

Stuart this is on you. You talk about accountability however you fail to drop players to Mounties and keep picking them. Sticky you infuriate me so much

robtheraider
David Grant
Favourite Player: Chris O'Sullivan

Post by robtheraider »

Green eyed Mick wrote: August 10, 2018, 4:51 pm
greeneyed wrote: August 10, 2018, 12:39 pm Video: Canberra Raiders hooker Josh Hodgson speaks about the clash with the Wests Tigers

Does Hodgo not watch replays of the games?

Paulo and Austin have contributed SFA this entire year and Boyd's form dropped off a cliff after he signed his deal with the Titan

None of the fans I know what to see these guys farewelled with a few wins. They want to see these guys farewelled in a Mounties Jersey.
As far as im concerned they should finish the year in a ballboy shirt
To all the people with telekinetic powers...please raise my hand.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

greeneyed wrote:Ricky Stuart puts Canberra Raiders on notice over defensive frailties

Canberra Raiders coach Ricky Stuart has put the Green Machine on notice about their individual deficiencies in defence.

"It's very frustrating and disappointing where we are on the table," Stuart said. "We're one of the best attacking teams in the competition and I give the players a lot of credit for their attacking ability, yet we have a number of deficiencies in defence and players have got to take account for it.

You're about 2 years too late champ..
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

LastRaider wrote:OMG, I can’t believe what I am seeing with this line up. I saw an earlier post about wanting the club to get flogged week in week out to apply pressure on the board.

Well I am officially on board. I hope we get flogged by 30+ points every game home now.

I really hate Ricky Stuart. I’ve now lost all the good I saw in him from when he use to play. My mother new him when she was involved in the CRL and always said he was an arrogant, self serving ****. And he is and I don’t care for all the good he does with the community etc because I now believe it’s all in self service of himself.

Are you serious?

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley

-TW- wrote: August 10, 2018, 7:02 pm
greeneyed wrote:Ricky Stuart puts Canberra Raiders on notice over defensive frailties

You're about 2 years too late champ..
Now this **** starts talking about accountability. He tried to re-sign these bums when most sane people wanted them dropped
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

LastRaider wrote:

Just so you know, Junior is carrying a foot injury. Image

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

You're bad a memes, you should stop doing them.
Schifty
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by Schifty »

dubby wrote: August 10, 2018, 9:00 pm
LastRaider wrote:

Just so you know, Junior is carrying a foot injury. Image

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
InFernos_Raiders
Clinton Schifcofske

Post by InFernos_Raiders »

kiwi raider wrote: August 8, 2018, 8:45 pm
greeneyed wrote: August 8, 2018, 8:40 pm I like Andy... but there's not a lot to suggest that he's been successful in the coaching game...

Yea don’t get me wrong, i’m Not saying I think he’s the answer just that I reckon it will happen.
McFadden was let go by two clubs as coach. Raiders don’t need him.