All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Dunamis Lui re-signs

Post by Matt »

Dunamis Lui re-signs

Canberra Raiders forward Dunamis Lui has agreed to a new three-year deal with the club, re-signing with the Raiders until the end of the 2021 season.

"Dunamis has shown wonderful commitment and professionalism to return from a serious knee injury and play every match for the club this season," Mulholland said. "He's an experienced first grade player who will be a valuable part of our squad in the next three seasons.

Read more: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2018/08 ... e-raiders/
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Re: Dunamis Lui Re-Signs

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

I can't understand the logic behind a three year deal for a 28 year old fringe first grader.
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

Explains where all our cap went
Dont delete this GE
chris83
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Sia, hodgo, all of the magnificent b**tards!!!

Post by chris83 »

Yes!!! The re-signing we have all been hoping for!! Massive boost for us and he will lead us to the finals next seas ol n and beyond!!!

God help us.
I've got legs, and i know how to use them
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Now here's a bloke having a go.

Well earnt Dunamis.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Mickey_Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Big Papa

Re: Dunamis Lui re-signs

Post by Mickey_Raider »

Of all the list of things to complain about with the Raiders at the moment, this should be somewhere near the bottom.
As PJ said, Lui is having a go and has turned into a solid FGer, a good 3rd or 4th prop option.

We do still need a good prop signing for next year I think, but getting rid of bludging fat plodders and giving more minutes to the likes of Lui is a net positive.
Up The Milk
-GD-
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga, Terry Campese, Troy Thompson

Post by -GD- »

Good re-signing, does the job you want as your 4th prop in the rotation.
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

He is a NRL standard fringe prop, I am sure he will do a decent enough job. Hard to comment without knowing the price though.
Timbo
David Furner
Favourite Player: Hudson Young

Post by Timbo »

I guess this is the issue with player salaries being kept secret.

This is either fantastic or terrible news depending on the money.

I'm hoping it's fringe money - in which case it's very well earned indeed.
Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is just the train that's about to hit you.
SeeBee101
David Grant
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by SeeBee101 »

If this is anything over 200-300k, we are paying overs. As said above he is 28 and has never nailed down a spot anywhere.

I would actually play Guler over him tbh....
hrundi89
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by hrundi89 »

SeeBee101 wrote: August 8, 2018, 1:25 pm If this is anything over 200-300k, we are paying overs. As said above he is 28 and has never nailed down a spot anywhere.

I would actually play Guler over him tbh....
He's nailed down a spot here.
You may remember me from such forum usernames as hrundi99 and... hrundi99.
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ken Nagas

Post by Raiders666 »

Unlike some i think this is good news
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

well done to dunamis on ripping in this year and earning a contract extension.

As I say with all signings, no idea what he's on so I can't get excited, mad etc. about this contract or any other contract.
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

I cannot contain my excitement.
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

I’m happy with this. I very much doubt he is on a massive deal otherwise he would have signed on earlier.
PerthRaider86
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii - Alan Tongue

Post by PerthRaider86 »

I would of been happy for a 2 year extension..... but he has done well and fully deserves it :)
Perth Based Raiders Fan
Peter
Jason Croker

Post by Peter »

What is there to cry about here? You people do realise that we have no props for next season yet you want to complain that they have just locked in a cheap, ready made bench forward for the next few years. There's enough players off contract in 2020 without adding another.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Yeah I mean he isn't setting the world on fire and hopefully we weren't dumb enough to pay something ridiculous but at least the bloke has a dig, which puts him above 50% of our team and our other two main front rowers.
luke
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by luke »

Azza wrote: August 8, 2018, 3:09 pm Yeah I mean he isn't setting the world on fire and hopefully we weren't dumb enough to pay something ridiculous but at least the bloke has a dig, which puts him above 50% of our team and our other two main front rowers.
agree, Azza
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

Yeah but we all know deep down the Raiders would have over paid to keep Lui. A typical Raiders contract for Lui would be $400k a year no doubt

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
CJ42
Laurie Daley

Post by CJ42 »

He’s been better than boyd and paulo over the last two seasons, with an ACL injury, he’s been really solid this year. Good news.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Lucy
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Tarps

Post by Lucy »

When you have all the talent across the front row we have, and our best is Dunamis Lui, you must question the leadership and performance qualities of the coaches.

But in saying that, I am very happy with the signing.

Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Green eyed Mick »

Good on him.
nemesis
Brett Mullins

Post by nemesis »

Captain Punish wrote: August 8, 2018, 4:24 pm When you have all the talent across the front row we have, and our best is Dunamis Lui, you must question the leadership and performance qualities of the coaches.

it's always the coaches fault, how about the players that are asking for stupid amounts of money to be plodders and do f all, that's why they are gone and good riddance.

lui has been good and he's not on as much as most here are making out, some see to think we are giving him a mil.

i'd be surprised if he will get much more than 300,000 a year, i'd say less.
raider 4 life
Lucy
Brett Mullins

Post by Lucy »

nemesis wrote:
Captain Punish wrote: August 8, 2018, 4:24 pm When you have all the talent across the front row we have, and our best is Dunamis Lui, you must question the leadership and performance qualities of the coaches.

it's always the coaches fault, how about the players that are asking for stupid amounts of money to be plodders and do f all, that's why they are gone and good riddance.

lui has been good and he's not on as much as most here are making out, some see to think we are giving him a mil.

The purpose of the coach is to lift, to drive, to inspire.

You don't see Tevita Pangai Jnr showing no interest even though he is re-signing with us next season, do you? It's respect for the coaches that make the player play, regardless of where they are landing.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

-PJ- wrote:Now here's a bloke having a go.

Well earnt Dunamis.
I agree. He's doing his job and doing it well.

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Ruben Daley
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Kenny Nagas

Post by Ruben Daley »

Good signing. To come back from a serious injury and consistently perform and improve is testament to his character. Well done, Dunamis.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Dunamis Lui pens three year extension with Canberra Raiders

Dunamis Lui was sitting at the dinner table when his wife told their daughter "daddy is leaving to go and play for another team next year".

"My daughter looked at me, confused, and said ‘no daddy, you stay with this team’." That was that. The 28-year-old had multiple offers on the table from rival clubs and he took less money to stay in Canberra, so happy is his family in the capital.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/ ... 4zw5s.html

Lui's new deal gets the ultimate seal of approval: https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/08/08/can ... -daughter/
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

Good on him for not chasing the money.
KingDynamite
Chris O'Sullivan
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by KingDynamite »

Earned the extension. Well done to him
Chicka Chicka Chicka
Glenn Lazarus
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by Chicka Chicka Chicka »

Im pleased he’s re-signed, has been solid for us this year, coming back from a very significant injury. Well done Dunamis.
nemesis
Brett Mullins

Post by nemesis »

Captain Punish wrote: August 8, 2018, 4:48 pm
nemesis wrote:

You don't see Tevita Pangai Jnr showing no interest even though he is re-signing with us next season, do you? It's respect for the coaches that make the player play, regardless of where they are landing.

TPJ :lol: :lol:

So what your trying to tell me is these PROFESSIONAL footballers need the coach to motivate them to play the game when they get paid to and should want to play their best and become the best player they can be??

Right, does your boss have to hold your hand all day?
raider 4 life
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

As we stand, he's a starting prop in 2019

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Lucy
Brett Mullins

Post by Lucy »

nemesis wrote:
Captain Punish wrote: August 8, 2018, 4:48 pm
nemesis wrote:

TPJ Image Image

So what your trying to tell me is these PROFESSIONAL footballers need the coach to motivate them to play the game when they get paid to and should want to play their best and become the best player they can be??

Right, does your boss have to hold your hand all day?
I am my own boss. I hold myself accountable for my staff in every thing they do.

Lucy
Brett Mullins

Post by Lucy »

T_R wrote:As we stand, he's a starting prop in 2019
He is our only starting prop.

Ryan Sutton is broken.