All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Re: NRL ban Jack Wighton for 10 matches, impose $30,000 fine

Post by Matt »

@Pigman,

Inglis, what was his position and why? Noting that most of his senior footy was at centre for the Storm, QLD and Australia.

Id say Latrell is a carbon copy, freakishly so. He has already played, fullback, wing and centre in the NRL. Just played for the Blues at centre and was dominant. Whats his best position, and why?
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

At least having Wighton in the halves would give us strong defenders in the halves. Sezer wasn’t great defensively in the first half yesterday, but is generally pretty good.

I guess Wighton would help tighten up our left side.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Matt wrote: August 6, 2018, 10:19 pm @Pigman,

Inglis, what was his position and why? Noting that most of his senior footy was at centre for the Storm, QLD and Australia.

Id say Latrell is a carbon copy, freakishly so. He has already played, fullback, wing and centre in the NRL. Just played for the Blues at centre and was dominant. Whats his best position, and why?
Inglis played centre most of his career, including rep footy for one reason and one reason only
Billy Slater.

At any other club, without what many believe to be best fullback to ever play the game, he’d have played fullback.

So good job by you, Matt.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Pigman wrote: August 7, 2018, 6:43 am
Matt wrote: August 6, 2018, 10:19 pm @Pigman,

Inglis played centre most of his career, including rep footy for one reason and one reason only
Billy Slater.

At any other club, without what many believe to be best fullback to ever play the game, he’d have played fullback.

So good job by you, Matt.
Thats only half the question, what about Latrell?

Yep, Slater was a big factor.

BTW, GI left the Storm to play FB at Bunnies right?!?

Oh wait... he played 2 yrs and 2 games at centre before he made the switch. Hmmm... Maybe, GI wanted to play centre?
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

He wasn’t a big factor
He was THE factor

The storm had to play one at centre and one at fullback. They quite rightly picked slater. As did qld and Australia

Inglis left the storm, and played fullback until it was clear he was no longer able to play the position due to age and injuries

You need to move on from the Inglis thing, mate
It’s a VERY bad example for you to use
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

As for Latrell, he’ll play centre because of Teddy

But if Tedesco left the roosters for whatever reason today, they’d think VERY hard and probably at trial Latrell at fullback... which is what we are suggesting for Cotric!

If we had a slam dunk fullback like Tedesco, things might be different

Rapana and Cotric should both be given the opportunity to fill the vacant position Wighton is leaving by moving back to the halves

So again, well done. I’m glad we could come to this agreement.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Pigman wrote: August 7, 2018, 7:17 am He wasn’t a big factor
He was THE factor

The storm had to play one at centre and one at fullback. They quite rightly picked slater. As did qld and Australia

Inglis left the storm, and played fullback until it was clear he was no longer able to play the position due to age and injuries

You need to move on from the Inglis thing, mate
It’s a VERY bad example for you to use
Nope, im going to back Bellyache.
He turned a reserve grade hooker into one of the premier halves of our generation.

He turned a junior centre into arguably the best FB to play the game, who will likely be an immortal.

He turned a half into the greatest player to lace a boot.

So turning a junior FB into an centre, im going to stick with it. Because he is a better judge than both of us.

And like i said, GI played 2 yrs of centre at Bunnies before FB. So that argument doesnt fly.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Pigman wrote: August 7, 2018, 7:23 am As for Latrell, he’ll play centre because of Teddy

But if Tedesco left the roosters for whatever reason today, they’d think VERY hard and probably at trial Latrell at fullback... which is what we are suggesting for Cotric!

If we had a slam dunk fullback like Tedesco, things might be different

Rapana and Cotric should both be given the opportunity to fill the vacant position Wighton is leaving by moving back to the halves

So again, well done. I’m glad we could come to this agreement.
Chooks moved him away from FB because of errors and laziness.

They knew what they had, and chased Teddy anyway.

I think he will play centre.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

This isn’t going anywhere
GI would have played his entire career at fullback if not for Billy Slater. If Tedesco left the roosters, they’d very likely give Mitchell a crack at being the fullback.
That’s generally what happens in this sport, if you have a potential game breaking talent, you at least give them the opportunity to play the spine position where they will get the ball and be most impactful

For talents like Cotric, sometimes that move doesn’t work out. More often than not it does. Because most of these guys have played significant level of junior football in those positions.

Cotric is no different. Maybe he doesn’t work out at fullback, but after 2-3 very promising games at NINETEEN years of age, you sitting here telling us because he’s not a world class fullback right now, we should give up on developing him in that role is to me absolutely insane.

Let me put it this way for you, Matt
I am very pleased that at the least our coach, as **** infuriating as he is, isn’t the type to sit here and tell a 19 talent like Cotric what he can’t do.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Inglis and Latrell have in the past and continue to play wherever is best for their respective teams. Like most elite players do.
Same for Wighton. We need to fix our defence so moving Wighton to the frontline is a no brainer, particularly when we have a young bloke who has the potential to be as good at fullback as Wighton. Though I do honestly believe he could be better.
Defence has been our Achilles for too long and it needs to be fixed.
Shoving it in your face since 2017
Damoni
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Too Easy

Post by Damoni »

I look at it in terms of where our spine players compare to the rest of the NRL we have a top 4 hooker with the rest of the spine sitting outside the top 8 (splitting hairs if they sit in the bottom half of the 8).

Playing Cotric at FB is a sideways move and only a minor upgrade on Wighton, we are completely missing the point if we pin our hopes on him.

I also don’t trust the club and player managers when it comes to this as I’m sure Cotric’s manger won’t hesitate asking for an upgrade ala Wighton getting FB money when he is only average in the position.

By all means give him a go until the end of the year but we really need a top 4 FB to be a threat not a guy who is clearly a centre/winger.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Pigman wrote: August 7, 2018, 8:35 am This isn’t going anywhere
GI would have played his entire career at fullback if not for Billy Slater. If Tedesco left the roosters, they’d very likely give Mitchell a crack at being the fullback.
That’s generally what happens in this sport, if you have a potential game breaking talent, you at least give them the opportunity to play the spine position where they will get the ball and be most impactful

For talents like Cotric, sometimes that move doesn’t work out. More often than not it does. Because most of these guys have played significant level of junior football in those positions.

Cotric is no different. Maybe he doesn’t work out at fullback, but after 2-3 very promising games at NINETEEN years of age, you sitting here telling us because he’s not a world class fullback right now, we should give up on developing him in that role is to me absolutely insane.

Let me put it this way for you, Matt
I am very pleased that at the least our coach, as **** infuriating as he is, isn’t the type to sit here and tell a 19 talent like Cotric what he can’t do.
Again, I've never said can't/ won't/ etc.

You watch enough NFL to know that body types are a very big thing. I think its safe to say all 3 of those guys body type is closer to Meninga than Slater. TBH, that's the body of a backrower. If they didn't have speed and illusiveness they could well be backrowers. However, they do, which makes centre the perfect body type position.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

gergreg wrote: August 7, 2018, 9:45 am Inglis and Latrell have in the past and continue to play wherever is best for their respective teams. Like most elite players do.
Same for Wighton. We need to fix our defence so moving Wighton to the frontline is a no brainer, particularly when we have a young bloke who has the potential to be as good at fullback as Wighton. Though I do honestly believe he could be better.
At representative level, sure. That's why rep sides are full of fullbacks filling the outbacks slots or big bodied backrowers playing prop. You pick the best players and make it work at that level.

At club level they should play where they should play.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Matt wrote: August 7, 2018, 11:46 am
So then why are you dying on this hill? Why rally so hard against giving the kid a shot?
Given virtually everyone thinks Wighton is going to end up playing 5/8th for us next year, and we probably need a new fullback, and we dont have money to buy one, I literally don't understand why you're so vehemently opposed to the club seeing if Cotric can fill that void.
Your stance against is makes ZERO sense.

At worst, AT ABSOLUTELY WORST, he spends the off season training for fullback, a year playing it, he stinks and it turns out he's not a fullback, and now he's a centre who has spend a year developing his passing, developing his running, and developing his understanding of how teams attack, which will help him tremendously to understand how to defend at centre. There is a reason a lot players mentioned by you or i in this thread can and have played both centre and fullback. It's not Front Row v Half we're talking about here.
hrundi89
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by hrundi89 »

1. Cotric
2. Oldfield
3. Croker
4. Leilua
5. Rapana
6. Wighton
7. Sezer

I can actually live with that.

Desperate times and all that...
You may remember me from such forum usernames as hrundi99 and... hrundi99.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Pigman wrote: August 7, 2018, 11:58 am
Matt wrote: August 7, 2018, 11:46 am
So then why are you dying on this hill? Why rally so hard against giving the kid a shot?
Given virtually everyone thinks Wighton is going to end up playing 5/8th for us next year, and we probably need a new fullback, and we dont have money to buy one, I literally don't understand why you're so vehemently opposed to the club seeing if Cotric can fill that void.
Your stance against is makes ZERO sense.

At worst, AT ABSOLUTELY WORST, he spends the off season training for fullback, a year playing it, he stinks and it turns out he's not a fullback, and now he's a centre who has spend a year developing his passing, developing his running, and developing his understanding of how teams attack, which will help him tremendously to understand how to defend at centre. There is a reason a lot players mentioned by you or i in this thread can and have played both centre and fullback. It's not Front Row v Half we're talking about here.
Firstly, I don't think it has sunk in, but we are talking about the difference between Elite and World Class in regards to Cotric. He is obviously super talented.

Anyway, my opposition is for a few reasons.

We have been looking for a half for years, and we are still looking. So our solution is to shuffle the pack - which we can all agree is terrible. IMO we found our FB, and now we want to move him?

We screwed up Wighton by shifting him all over the countryside for the first 2 or 3 years (he played both wings and both centres and 5/8). This slowed his development drastically IMO. We then made this exact decision, try him at fullback. We have spent 3 yrs getting him to the point where he is stable in a position and playing to a level that is more than just good. The only reason for moving Wighton is defence, and its a good reason due to our team deficiencies, I can see that. However... do we really believe that that is going to magically solve all our issues? His first stint there wasn't even vaguely good (Yes, there were extras issues at work, with his age/ experience and the 1 legged man). This means we now have 2 new positional changes, and 2 learning curves not 1.

I've bagged that drum a heap already, but I think Cotric is an elite FB, not a World Class one. I really think we will be going down your 'absolute worst' road, even if I think the title is more dire than it will be - I think he will be more 'Michael Gordon-esque' FB, safe and reliable. He obviously has better tackle breaking ability, and will throw in the odd individual effort, so he will be better much than Gordon, but I don't think he will necessarily be dangerous in the same way a Ponga, Tedesco, Turbo are. I really see a World Class centre when I look at him, body type, game play, etc. Anyway, going to the FB route, would leave us back where we started, and another year down the rabbit hole.

I've already stated I've have got rid of BJ, but as he has re-signed, that is unlikely to be an option. Id be more open to switching Croker and Cotric than move Wighton.

My opinion matters for little, as I think Ricky will play Cotric at FB and Jack at 6. I don't think he would ever switch Croker and Cotric, nor do I see him moving Rapa or BJ anytime soon.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Matt wrote: August 7, 2018, 11:48 am
gergreg wrote: August 7, 2018, 9:45 am Inglis and Latrell have in the past and continue to play wherever is best for their respective teams. Like most elite players do.
At representative level, sure. That's why rep sides are full of fullbacks filling the outbacks slots or big bodied backrowers playing prop. You pick the best players and make it work at that level.

We arguably have 4 centres in the side that would get a starting spot in the centres at quite a few other clubs. Hows your arithmetic Matt?
Woodgers
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Nick Cotric

Post by Woodgers »

Matt, you've made some thoughtful points in this thread.

I think most people would agree that Cotric's body type and style looks to be most suited to centres. He quite probably will end up there and I think like Latrell it will take him no time at all to make his mark there at all. He's powerful, quick and hard to handle 1 on 1 and that area of the field is where a player is most likely to get those opportunities where numbers in tackles are less likely. I don't think many people would argue that point with you at all.

I would disagree that Wighton being shuffled around stifled his development. I think he needed to get those experiences playing in the line to develop into the fullback he's now become. In terms of last line defence he'd be right up near the top of the list of all fullbacks in the game and a lot of that is to do with his development in the other positions. However he still lacks in a lot of areas. I would argue that at best Jack is world class fullback and will never be an elite one, which sort of makes the Cotric at fullback point somewhat redundant. It means both fullback options have a similar ceiling. That's not to dismiss your point that we've put an awful lot of work into getting Jack at the level he has played at fullback in 2018, but it is what it is, as I said earlier you look at the chess pieces and try find a way to make the chain as strong as possible with as few weak points as you can.

Arguably the biggest weak point in the chain is the halves. Defensively moreso than in attack but it's not as far apart as we think. We're getting nothing from 7 and 6 and even when we were going well in 2016 those stats about how our halves only had 16 try assists between them in a season like that, along with our deplorable results from kicks and other key stats show us that our halves are up there with the least effective in the comp. Something has to change there and we simply cannot rely on Williams or Hingaro in 2019. I don't want to bash Sammy, he has his good points, but he's not going to take us where we need to go. Jack may do that, he will definitely stiffen up the edge defence but also all the attributes that make him a good centre like being a big strong body will come into play when he's getting the ball in the halves. Except now unlike when he last played there, he can throw some balls and has the smarts to know when to play to our strengths which is shovel the ball to the outside backs, or tuck it in and run and if he gets tackled go for the quick PTB. He has enough games under him now to do this well.

So as I said earlier I think we have no choice but to move the pieces around a bit. If Cotric doesn't realise his potential at fullback then we look at moving him but I say the way forward in the next 12 months is to make this shuffle and begin searching everywhere for a fullback who can play the role you suggest, or can develop into that and we move Cotric to centres as per the long term plan. As Pigman says Cotric will be a better player for it as well. We're in a predicament now though, we can't be playing Williams or Hingaro in the halves, or Abbey at fullback in 2019 if we want to move forward. The cap is stuffed so we have to stay at the table by playing our best hand and hope to steady the losses to move forward again.
We continue to **** about with blokes that are part of some fraternity. It's infuriating.
Archer
David Furner
Favourite Player: Boxhead

Post by Archer »

I'd play Cotric at fb and I only need one reason for it, the guy appears to have a great footy brain under pressure.
I'd then be in the ear of Slater lining him up for a fb coaching/consulting role (like the John's bros tend to do for halves).
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Woodgers wrote: August 7, 2018, 5:18 pm Matt, you've made some thoughtful points in this thread.

I think most people would agree that Cotric's body type and style looks to be most suited to centres. He quite probably will end up there and I think like Latrell it will take him no time at all to make his mark there at all. He's powerful, quick and hard to handle 1 on 1 and that area of the field is where a player is most likely to get those opportunities where numbers in tackles are less likely. I don't think many people would argue that point with you at all.

I would disagree that Wighton being shuffled around stifled his development. I think he needed to get those experiences playing in the line to develop into the fullback he's now become. In terms of last line defence he'd be right up near the top of the list of all fullbacks in the game and a lot of that is to do with his development in the other positions. However he still lacks in a lot of areas. I would argue that at best Jack is world class fullback and will never be an elite one, which sort of makes the Cotric at fullback point somewhat redundant. It means both fullback options have a similar ceiling. That's not to dismiss your point that we've put an awful lot of work into getting Jack at the level he has played at fullback in 2018, but it is what it is, as I said earlier you look at the chess pieces and try find a way to make the chain as strong as possible with as few weak points as you can.

Arguably the biggest weak point in the chain is the halves. Defensively moreso than in attack but it's not as far apart as we think. We're getting nothing from 7 and 6 and even when we were going well in 2016 those stats about how our halves only had 16 try assists between them in a season like that, along with our deplorable results from kicks and other key stats show us that our halves are up there with the least effective in the comp. Something has to change there and we simply cannot rely on Williams or Hingaro in 2019. I don't want to bash Sammy, he has his good points, but he's not going to take us where we need to go. Jack may do that, he will definitely stiffen up the edge defence but also all the attributes that make him a good centre like being a big strong body will come into play when he's getting the ball in the halves. Except now unlike when he last played there, he can throw some balls and has the smarts to know when to play to our strengths which is shovel the ball to the outside backs, or tuck it in and run and if he gets tackled go for the quick PTB. He has enough games under him now to do this well.

So as I said earlier I think we have no choice but to move the pieces around a bit. If Cotric doesn't realise his potential at fullback then we look at moving him but I say the way forward in the next 12 months is to make this shuffle and begin searching everywhere for a fullback who can play the role you suggest, or can develop into that and we move Cotric to centres as per the long term plan. As Pigman says Cotric will be a better player for it as well. We're in a predicament now though, we can't be playing Williams or Hingaro in the halves, or Abbey at fullback in 2019 if we want to move forward. The cap is stuffed so we have to stay at the table by playing our best hand and hope to steady the losses to move forward again.
Good post BTW.
Yep,
Cap management is an issue.
No half is an issue.
Terrible defense is an issue.
I agree a player shuffle is required, Im just not convinced of the one we are likely to do.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

gergreg wrote: August 7, 2018, 2:31 pm

We arguably have 4 centres in the side that would get a starting spot in the centres at quite a few other clubs. Hows your arithmetic Matt?
Pretty sure i can count 4, yes.
Ive also made it clear how Id line them up.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

I didn't mean any offence Matt. I just think we are pretty close to getting the backline mix right. We have the most potent back 5 in the comp and with Wighton adding some starch up front it would hopefully fix our diabolical defence. I do have moments where I think moving BJ on is the best but then you see what he and Rapana are capable of and there are very few opposition teams that can contain them. Our salary cap position probably prevents us from realistically moving him on anyhow.

I've said it before but I'd really like to see what this side is capable of with a competent coach before we start cutting our roster to shreds.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

No probs gergreg.

Leipana is a dbl edged sword. We all know it.
kiwi raider
Steve Walters

Post by kiwi raider »

Matt wrote: August 7, 2018, 6:13 pm
Woodgers wrote: August 7, 2018, 5:18 pm Matt, you've made some thoughtful points in this thread.

Good post BTW.
Yep,
Cap management is an issue.
No half is an issue.
Terrible defense is an issue.
I agree a player shuffle is required, Im just not convinced of the one we are likely to do.
i don’t think anyone is convinced the shuffle will work Matt. Just that with the cards currently on the table and apparently very little hope of
Making any significant roster changes then wighton at 5/8 instead of Williams or
Hingano is probably giving us the best opportunity to win games in 2019
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Surely the Q is,
Williams at half.
Or
Oldie on a wing
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Matt wrote:Surely the Q is,
Williams at half.
Or
Oldie on a wing
That's the Q, well as far as I'm concerned.
I can see the pros and cons either way. But once a decision is made it needs to be stuck to.
Fortunately this seems less impactful than which 2 hookers to use instead of hodgo.
The biggest concern with the Williams / Wighton swap would be the kicking game. Sammy takes a lot of pressure off Sezer, but, our biggest issue is defence.
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by reptar »

Couldn't we play a halfback at fullback? And a hooker at halfback? And a bench forward on the bench for 80 minutes?
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
Woodgers
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Nick Cotric

Post by Woodgers »

zim wrote: August 7, 2018, 8:34 pm
Williams at half.
Or
Oldie on a wing
I can see the pros and cons either way. But once a decision is made it needs to be stuck to.
Fortunately this seems less impactful than which 2 hookers to use instead of hodgo.
The biggest concern with the Williams / Wighton swap would be the kicking game. Sammy takes a lot of pressure off Sezer, but, our biggest issue is defence.
Oldie surely! He's looked very good on the wing in his chances this season.

Kicking has to be Hodgson short and Sezer long. Austin thankfully nowhere to be seen. Jack can lace one at an absolute stretch if we need a 60m Campo midfield bomb torpie :woot:
We continue to **** about with blokes that are part of some fraternity. It's infuriating.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Williams at half.
Or
Oldie on a wing
Wighton will need to improve his kicking game for sure.
I dont think we can bank on Sezer recapturing his Titans form... even i've given up on that, which is a shame, because as primary kicker he was excellent. We'll need a secondary kicker, and honestly it cant be Hodgson. I love the guy and when he picks his spots, he's tremendous as a kicker... but you want him taking 2, maybe 3 a game... so we need a secondary kicker in the halves to ease the pressure on Sezer... it'd help if we ever positioned well to make a good kick too, feels like 1/3 times our kicker, whoever it is, is getting the ball high, low or wide and it throws their motion off.
Coastalraider
David Furner
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Coastalraider »

gergreg wrote: August 7, 2018, 2:31 pm

And arguably the best 2 centres at the club play fullback and wing.
Schifty
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by Schifty »

Hopefully next year we have more than one trial match to try some of this stuff out.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

I hope Cotric will continue to be picked at fullback for the rest of this year. I think he has the goods to be a top flight full back. He is already better under the high ball than Jack imo. This is a key skill for the role. Defensively he is up to the role as well. In attack he was getting more involved last weekend and I hope to see this continue in the coming weeks. As his confidence grows I think we will hear more talk from him which is another skill a fullback needs imo.

As for next year, I think Jack is more likely to find himself in the three quarter line. I have said before that I think BJ has the makings of a back rower. He is big enough and tough enough. He will not have to make as many defensive decisions either. Just tackle what is in front of him. At center he persistently stays out on his opposition center. This leaves a huge hole to his left which is often exploited by opposition sides including Penrith again last weekend. He would not displace any of the current starting International backrowers but would be a very good bench impact player imo.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

reptar wrote: August 7, 2018, 8:35 pm Couldn't we play a halfback at fullback? And a hooker at halfback? And a bench forward on the bench for 80 minutes?
In the last 4 seasons, im confident Ricky has ticked all those boxes
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

RedRaider wrote: August 7, 2018, 9:58 pm I hope Cotric will continue to be picked at fullback for the rest of this year. I think he has the goods to be a top flight full back. He is already better under the high ball than Jack imo. This is a key skill for the role. Defensively he is up to the role as well. In attack he was getting more involved last weekend and I hope to see this continue in the coming weeks. As his confidence grows I think we will hear more talk from him which is another skill a fullback needs imo.

As for next year, I think Jack is more likely to find himself in the three quarter line. I have said before that I think BJ has the makings of a back rower. He is big enough and tough enough. He will not have to make as many defensive decisions either. Just tackle what is in front of him. At center he persistently stays out on his opposition center. This leaves a huge hole to his left which is often exploited by opposition sides including Penrith again last weekend. He would not displace any of the current starting International backrowers but would be a very good bench impact player imo.
Be careful with outrageous statements like body typing or playing style RR. People will think youre crazy... :lol: :P
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Pigman wrote:
Williams at half.
Or
Oldie on a wing
Wighton will need to improve his kicking game for sure.
I dont think we can bank on Sezer recapturing his Titans form... even i've given up on that, which is a shame, because as primary kicker he was excellent. We'll need a secondary kicker, and honestly it cant be Hodgson. I love the guy and when he picks his spots, he's tremendous as a kicker... but you want him taking 2, maybe 3 a game... so we need a secondary kicker in the halves to ease the pressure on Sezer... it'd help if we ever positioned well to make a good kick too, feels like 1/3 times our kicker, whoever it is, is getting the ball high, low or wide and it throws their motion off.
One option would be to have Havili at lock to free up hodgo on the fifth to provide that extra option on both sides of the ruck but then you need to juggle your international back row around it.