Ricky Stuart coaching

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

-TW-
Mal Meninga

Re: Sack Ricky

Post by -TW- »

Green eyed Mick wrote:5 tries in 40 minutes. That's one hell of a half-time speech from Ricky.

Useless ****.
Half time speech:

Keep playing **** football you spuds, that is all
Schifty
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by Schifty »

Leebola wrote: August 5, 2018, 6:07 pm
Captain Punish wrote: August 5, 2018, 6:02 pm HE HAS TO GO!

No one can possibly hold a job being this **** useless.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
He'll be warming the seat until the end of 2020, at which time another Qwangers legend in Simon Woolford is parachuted in.
David Howell and Troy Thompson are coaching locally.

I think they will make fine assistants.
Leebola
Brett Mullins

Post by Leebola »

Schifty wrote: August 5, 2018, 6:23 pm
Leebola wrote: August 5, 2018, 6:07 pm
Captain Punish wrote: August 5, 2018, 6:02 pm HE HAS TO GO!

No one can possibly hold a job being this **** useless.

He'll be warming the seat until the end of 2020, at which time another Qwangers legend in Simon Woolford is parachuted in.
David Howell and Troy Thompson are coaching locally.

I think they will make fine assistants.
I laughed out loud and died a little on the inside, all at the same time.

Because we both know it's possible...
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

It's such a sad situation when you're ahead by 14 and fans are still expecting a loss. Sticky is not going to fix things. Just a shame he's not going to get pushed.

All we can do is hope that he recognizes this st some stage in the coming weeks and steps aside.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Green eyed Mick »

If Austin and Paulo are selected again this week I won't be going to the game.

Their performances this year have been Bronson Harrison level gutless.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Green eyed Mick wrote: August 5, 2018, 7:04 pm If Austin and Paulo are selected again this week I won't be going to the game.

Austin to 14 is ok with me. Let him sit for 50 mins and he's a coiled spring by the time he comes on.

Paulo is a liability. Give Murchie or Guler some time in NRL.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
CJ42
Laurie Daley

Post by CJ42 »

Green eyed Mick wrote:If Austin and Paulo are selected again this week I won't be going to the game.

God they have been putrid.

I told everyone $3.70 for panthers to win at half time was easy money.
Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Green eyed Mick »

Northern Raider wrote: August 5, 2018, 7:16 pm
Green eyed Mick wrote: August 5, 2018, 7:04 pm If Austin and Paulo are selected again this week I won't be going to the game.

Austin to 14 is ok with me. Let him sit for 50 mins and he's a coiled spring by the time he comes on.

Paulo is a liability. Give Murchie or Guler some time in NRL.
No way does he deserve to finish this season in FG. Him and Paulo should finish the year in Sydney, playing for Mounties.

Let Havili wear the #14. He has earned it.
Lucy
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Tarps

Post by Lucy »

I cannot wait to hear the Pro-Stuart Muppets excuses next season. I hope they are as thought out and accurate as their excuses this season.

Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Here's a scenario for you with Sticky off contract end of next season. We scrape into the top 8 in 2019 and club extends him another 3 years.
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

Northern Raider wrote:Here's a scenario for you with Sticky off contract end of next season. We scrape into the top 8 in 2019 and club extends him another 3 years.
Yep such a Raiders thing to do. Even if we came 9th or 10th he will get a 3 year extension

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
Woodgers
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Nick Cotric

Post by Woodgers »

Being a diehard Raider is tough all round. The fact that I sit there every friggen week and ride every tackle and every play must have taken years off my life. When you consider the constant capitulations that we've sat through during the past few seasons, it's enough to send a person over the edge.

Tonight as I sit here with my drink i'm not pissed about the loss, or the tragic officiating, or the fact that we're heading more towards the spoon than the finals. It's simply that even tonight after where we are and what the situation is that the heat hasn't even commenced on the coach. Besides the GH and the odd comment on social media, we haven't even had a whisper. Not a solitary peep in the mainstream media. Which means the movement for this club to realise any meaningful change hasn't even begun. That's **** depressing, not another game pissed down the drain or a touch judge who managed to get to NRL level where he cannot stand side on to a 2 metre forward pass from less than 3 rulers away and call it that way despite that being the main part of the job. How is no one talking about our coach at all?
We continue to **** about with blokes that are part of some fraternity. It's infuriating.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Because, as someone else on this site said a few days ago... we're literally the only ones who **** care :lol:

the media dont care, the journos locally sure as **** dont care, the club absolutely doesnt **** care... we're it.
Mickey_Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Big Papa

Post by Mickey_Raider »

Woodgers wrote: August 5, 2018, 8:28 pm Being a diehard Raider is tough all round. The fact that I sit there every friggen week and ride every tackle and every play must have taken years off my life. When you consider the constant capitulations that we've sat through during the past few seasons, it's enough to send a person over the edge.

Tonight as I sit here with my drink i'm not pissed about the loss, or the tragic officiating, or the fact that we're heading more towards the spoon than the finals. It's simply that even tonight after where we are and what the situation is that the heat hasn't even commenced on the coach. Besides the GH and the odd comment on social media, we haven't even had a whisper. Not a solitary peep in the mainstream media. Which means the movement for this club to realise any meaningful change hasn't even begun. That's **** depressing, not another game pissed down the drain or a touch judge who managed to get to NRL level where he cannot stand side on to a 2 metre forward pass from less than 3 rulers away and call it that way despite that being the main part of the job. How is no one talking about our coach at all?
At the start of the year, I took solace from the fact that after Stuarts "free pass voucher" which he redeemed last year after the successes of 2016; there would truly be nowhere to hide if he failed again this year. I figured that it would be a) we get back into the top 8 or b) Sticky fails again and we get a new coach and a fresh slate.

Stuart has failed but we will not be getting a new coach. And Ive realised that Stuart doesn't need to hide anywhere. There is no one coming for him.

It is both depressing and remarkable how he can avoid the scrutiny that every other coach in the league would be facing right now. Every week, commentators, experts and fans of other teams will imply they feel sorry for Stuart and say things like "Sticky must be tearing his hair out" after a narrow loss or another display of ineptitude. How has he managed to bifurcate the fortunes of the team he coaches with his fortunes as a coach? Its truly baffling, and sad.
Up The Milk
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

I actually think Austin has been going better than Boyd. Boyd and Paulo are the pits.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Boyd has really emptied the tank, hasn't he?
Step aside Shillo, there is a new **** **** faced pea-heart leaving town for the Titoooons!
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Its actually quite sad that our best prop is a journeyman bench player in Dunamis Lui. No disrespect to him. He's really put in this year.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Northern Raider wrote: August 5, 2018, 8:52 pm Its actually quite sad that our best prop is a journeyman bench player in Dunamis Lui. No disrespect to him. He's really put in this year.
One of the few positives of this Stuart/Mulholland/Furner 2018 has been that they've been proven 100% correct in their decision to not sign either of these guys to the money they were asking for.

Little did we know that money saved was being blown on god knows where
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Yep. Give them credit for not re-signing these guys on the money they were asking.
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley

Northern Raider wrote: August 5, 2018, 9:03 pm Yep. Give them credit for not re-signing these guys on the money they were asking.
Didn't they attempt to re-sign all three? :roflmao
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Roger Kenworthy wrote: August 5, 2018, 9:12 pm
Northern Raider wrote: August 5, 2018, 9:03 pm Yep. Give them credit for not re-signing these guys on the money they were asking.
For less than what they wanted.
Kryptonite
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Terry Reagan

Post by Kryptonite »

Northern Raider wrote: August 5, 2018, 7:53 pm Here's a scenario for you with Sticky off contract end of next season. We scrape into the top 8 in 2019 and club extends him another 3 years.
You can bank on that happening, its our destiny unfortunately
Kryptonite
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Terry Reagan

Post by Kryptonite »

Pigman wrote: August 5, 2018, 8:45 pm Boyd has really emptied the tank, hasn't he?
Step aside Shillo, there is a new **** **** faced pea-heart leaving town for the Titoooons!
Shillo was building a fortress whilst Boydy was emptying his tank
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley

Northern Raider wrote: August 5, 2018, 9:16 pm
Ah yes. Saved by our own salary cap mismanagement.

Schifty
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by Schifty »

So many close losses and now a couple of shoddy referees will just feed the media narrative that Ricky is the unluckiest coach in the game.
zilhouse
Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
Favourite Player: Alan tongue

Post by zilhouse »

They have a few guys that are pretty poor but still get picked every game. They dont seem to get great calls but its been 5 years and 1 finals year. I think if you gave a good coach the team they'd do better. I would argue that the tigers have a **** team than the raiders but a better coach. Hell even the warriors are doing ok with arguably a worse or at best equal team to us.
Rick seemed fried in the presser. Though i dont think anything will happen you got to ask when do you jump ship
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Roger Kenworthy wrote:

We let them walk and didn't pay overs to keep them. This is a positive despite you being mired in the negative. We have so much to be negative about with this club why try and create more?

Sent from my SM-G955F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley

Northern Raider wrote: August 6, 2018, 8:49 am
Roger Kenworthy wrote:

We let them walk and didn't pay overs to keep them. This is a positive despite you being mired in the negative. We have so much to be negative about with this club why try and create more?

Sent from my SM-G955F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
We couldn't pay overs to keep them from what the club has put out there as we're right up against the cap. I have no doubt we would have matched the offers if we could have for Paulo and Boyd, as that modus operandi is how we're in the mess we're in.
Woodgers
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Nick Cotric

Post by Woodgers »

Pigman wrote: August 5, 2018, 8:32 pm Because, as someone else on this site said a few days ago... we're literally the only ones who **** care :lol:

the media dont care, the journos locally sure as **** dont care, the club absolutely doesnt **** care... we're it.
It's even more depressing when you put it like that.
We continue to **** about with blokes that are part of some fraternity. It's infuriating.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Anybody got a Daily Telegraph account and able to post story by Ricky's good mate 'Crawls'. It is titled "Opinion: ref apologists need 10 in the bin".

A few days after Ricky backing Cecchin his good mate at the DT writing an opinion piece on referees - less than 24 hrs after we lost another game.
I wonder what it could be about?
Shoving it in your face since 2017
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

Woodgers wrote:
Pigman wrote: August 5, 2018, 8:32 pm Because, as someone else on this site said a few days ago... we're literally the only ones who **** care :lol:

It's even more depressing when you put it like that.
Yes it is...

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
Timbo
David Furner
Favourite Player: Hudson Young

Post by Timbo »

I think he realises he can't get us out of this, but he's too stubborn to walk away.

The club need to offer him a way out - make him a Gould-like post as director of football so he can keep gladhanding the sponsors and oversee all aspects of football operations without having direct input on the first grade side. Then we need to bring in someone from outside the organisation and give them a free reign to build the club over a few years.

If we replace Sticky with Germ, that'd just about do me as a fan.
Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is just the train that's about to hit you.
Raider Azz
Jason Croker

Post by Raider Azz »

Pigman wrote: August 5, 2018, 8:56 pm
Northern Raider wrote: August 5, 2018, 8:52 pm Its actually quite sad that our best prop is a journeyman bench player in Dunamis Lui. No disrespect to him. He's really put in this year.
One of the few positives of this Stuart/Mulholland/Furner 2018 has been that they've been proven 100% correct in their decision to not sign either of these guys to the money they were asking for.

Little did we know that money saved was being blown on god knows where
Just like Vaughn, watch dominate next year with a fresh start.
sprintman
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by sprintman »

Ricky looked like a gormless muppet last night. He needs to pull the pin
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Timbo wrote: August 6, 2018, 10:24 am I think he realises he can't get us out of this, but he's too stubborn to walk away.

The club need to offer him a way out - make him a Gould-like post as director of football so he can keep gladhanding the sponsors and oversee all aspects of football operations without having direct input on the first grade side. Then we need to bring in someone from outside the organisation and give them a free reign to build the club over a few years.

If we replace Sticky with Germ, that'd just about do me as a fan.
While I agree who in the club is going to make that call? DFJ may be too scared of his own position to suggest it? Secondly how many prospective coaches could work under Ricky?
Shoving it in your face since 2017