No votes
Panthers 13+
69%

Total votes: 13

gerg
Laurie Daley

Re: 2018 Rd 21 V Panthers: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by gerg »

IMO Whitehead would have been a better option in the centres than Austin.

I wouldn't blame Knight for leaving. We abandoned our junior program then the few young players we have are not receiving decent opportunities (Knight) or completely played out of position (Hingano). Are we reaching the 'end game'? Has he destroyed the club yet?
Shoving it in your face since 2017
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Form should be the main selection criteria. Knight > Paulo on current form - even if 20 minutes. Knight is more athletic than Paulo so play him longer minutes. Paulo coming back from injury looks overweight and sluggish some weeks into his return. Has anyone broken the news to Sticky that one of his 'star' recruits is leaving? Sticky, he loved you for the opportunity to get away from the off field issues he had at the time. That has all settled down and guess what. It's cya Stick time. The loyalty is not being repaid via on field performance. He has made a decision to move on from the Raiders and can't bothered to put in for the final part of another season of disappointment. Move him back to Mounties - do him a favour it's closer to Parramatta, and get in a young bloke who wants to have a go.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

stick wants to win enough games to be able to say the refs cost us 2x games and therefore a spot in the semi's and justify staying as coach off that.

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
-GD-
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga, Terry Campese, Troy Thompson

Post by -GD- »

bonehead wrote:stick wants to win enough games to be able to say the refs cost us 2x games and therefore a spot in the semi's and justify staying as coach off that.

You are definitely onto something there.
Timbo
David Furner
Favourite Player: Hudson Young

Post by Timbo »

I dunno - fact is I don't think the board would sack him either way. Things were a hell of a lot worse under Furner before he got the boot.
Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is just the train that's about to hit you.
Coastalraider
David Furner
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Coastalraider »

-GD- wrote: August 2, 2018, 1:47 pm
bonehead wrote:stick wants to win enough games to be able to say the refs cost us 2x games and therefore a spot in the semi's and justify staying as coach off that.

You are definitely onto something there.
By that same token, he can fill the team with kids, still lose matches, and then blame the fact that he was blooding juniors.

The only negative result would be the one most likely to eventuate - he puts the strongest team on paper on the park, and we lose lots of games anyway. Nowhere to hide then Stick.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Game Day Guide: Raiders v Panthers: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2018/08 ... -panthers/

Match Preview: Raiders v Panthers: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2018/08 ... -panthers/
GreenGirl
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Bradley Clyde

Post by GreenGirl »

gangrenous wrote: August 1, 2018, 6:55 pm
GreenGirl wrote:
gangrenous wrote: August 1, 2018, 5:39 pm
Green eyed Mick wrote:Ricky's not protecting his people he's just too gutless to tell Paulo the truth.
To be fair I’m too gutless to tell Paulo the truth to his face also Image

Maybe Ricky can just break up with him via textas?
I'll tell him. I've been learning some stuff at my boxercise class.
Why on earth do they let you use guns at boxercise?
My biceps are guns, mate 💪
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Immortal Mal Meninga backs Ricky Stuart to get Canberra Raiders out of Sticky situation

Immortal Mal Meninga is "totally convinced" Canberra Raiders coach Ricky Stuart is the man to turn the Green Machine around.

"He's the man, he's the man to do it, there's no doubt about that. I'm totally convinced that Ricky's the man that should be coaching the Raiders," he said. "With a bit of luck and some really astute recruitment. They've lost a few forwards to other clubs, so the club needs to be smart with their recruitment.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/ ... 4zv50.html
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

greeneyed wrote: August 2, 2018, 5:45 pm Immortal Mal Meninga backs Ricky Stuart to get Canberra Raiders out of Sticky situation

Immortal Mal Meninga is "totally convinced" Canberra Raiders coach Ricky Stuart is the man to turn the Green Machine around.

"He's the man, he's the man to do it, there's no doubt about that. I'm totally convinced that Ricky's the man that should be coaching the Raiders," he said. "With a bit of luck and some really astute recruitment. They've lost a few forwards to other clubs, so the club needs to be smart with their recruitment.

How much longer would you like us fans to wait Mal ?
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Green eyed Mick »

greeneyed wrote: August 2, 2018, 5:45 pm Immortal Mal Meninga backs Ricky Stuart to get Canberra Raiders out of Sticky situation

We're going to need to be lucky. The fact we tried to re-sign Paulo and Austin and offered big money suggests we haven't really pinned down the weaknesses we need to overcome in order to be competitive.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

How Gus Gould helped the Canberra Raiders' future

Penrith Panthers supremo Phil Gould gave the Green Machine a personal tour of their centre of excellence at Penrith last year, helping the Raiders design their own centre at their spiritual home at Braddon.

"We went last year. Phil Gould showed us through, it was really good, he gave us a personal tour," Furner said. "We took our architects with us and a couple of board members. We got a lot of photos and a lot of learnings from them too.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/ ... 4zv51.html
zilhouse
Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
Favourite Player: Alan tongue

Post by zilhouse »

They should beat penrith. Should is a big word
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

zilhouse wrote:They should beat penrith. Should is a big word
We won’t beat Penrith, your dreaming.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
kona_dream
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by kona_dream »

The Panthers are not playing well the last couple of months. Very similar to the Broncos, one good game here and there to remind you of how much better they can be than the bottom 8, but not playing well. I believe origin has taken the sting out of them.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

VIDEO: Canberra Raiders coach Ricky Stuart speaks about the clash with the Penrith Panthers

Raiders Coach Ricky Stuart spoke to the media at Raiders HQ this morning ahead of Sunday's trip to face the Panthers.

The Raiders coach spoke on the current shape of the squad as well as praising Sia Soliola and his versatility after a positional change last weekend against the Storm.

Video: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2018/08 ... inal-word/

Video: Panthers v Raiders Preview - Round 21: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2018/08 ... -round-21/
chris83
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Sia, hodgo, all of the magnificent b**tards!!!

Post by chris83 »

kona_dream wrote: August 3, 2018, 7:40 am The Panthers are not playing well the last couple of months. Very similar to the Broncos, one good game here and there to remind you of how much better they can be than the bottom 8, but not playing well. I believe origin has taken the sting out of them.
The thing is, we arent playing well either, if the choice was a panthers side not playing well vs a raiders side not playing well, i know who id be putting money on.
I've got legs, and i know how to use them
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

chris83 wrote: August 3, 2018, 1:12 pm
kona_dream wrote: August 3, 2018, 7:40 am The Panthers are not playing well the last couple of months. Very similar to the Broncos, one good game here and there to remind you of how much better they can be than the bottom 8, but not playing well. I believe origin has taken the sting out of them.
The thing is, we arent playing well either, if the choice was a panthers side not playing well vs a raiders side not playing well, i know who id be putting money on.
Put your $$$ on Billy Slater to win Bathurst.
chris83
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Sia, hodgo, all of the magnificent b**tards!!!

Post by chris83 »

-PJ- wrote: August 3, 2018, 3:43 pm
He wins everything else so i wouldnt put it past him
I've got legs, and i know how to use them
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

chris83 wrote: August 3, 2018, 4:00 pm
-PJ- wrote: August 3, 2018, 3:43 pm
He wins everything else so i wouldnt put it past him
Yep..his greatest achievement was last weeks Le Tour de France victory...
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders coach Ricky Stuart goes in to bat for NRL referee Matt Cecchin

Canberra Raiders coach Ricky Stuart has hit out at the "weak people" whose abuse has driven NRL referee Matt Cecchin from the game.

"Unfortunately our positions are very high profile and they're going to come under abuse."Criticism is one [thing], abuse is another and they're very, very weak people who want to abuse people who are in charge."

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/ ... 4zvc1.html
Lucy
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Tarps

Post by Lucy »

Hahahahahahahaha!!

Ricky going into bat for the guys he blames for every bad thing that happens to the Raiders..

My god! I have seen it all..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley

Post by Green eyed Mick »

I'm sure the NRL will find him a well paid job doing something completely unnecessary.
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

We seriously should hire him as an assistant coach. Manipulating the refs is on par with attack and defence these days.
Last edited by edwahu on August 3, 2018, 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lucy
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Tarps

Post by Lucy »

Green eyed Mick wrote:I'm sure the NRL will find him a well paid job doing something completely unnecessary.
Touch judge?

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I’ve been guilty of it myself. And referees have be accountable like everyone. But the culture of referee blaming at the Raiders and in the NRL more broadly has to stop. Everyone needs to take a lesson from this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Yeah agreed Fergus

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders coach Ricky Stuart wary of fast-finishing Penrith Panthers

If the Canberra Raiders needed a reminder of Penrith's now trademark fast finish, they need look no further than their win over Manly last week.

"The last three encounters have all been very close. We let them back into the game at our last encounter here at [Canberra Stadium]," Stuart said. "Those types of games have proven very, very costly. It's one of those games we've had quite a genuinely good lead and succumbed to them coming home as they did last week against Manly.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/ ... 4zvc0.html
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

Captain Punish wrote: August 3, 2018, 5:30 pm Hahahahahahahaha!!

Ricky going into bat for the guys he blames for every bad thing that happens to the Raiders..

Woah woah woah. You can't pin any of this on Rick. Every time we lose and he spends 5 minutes picking apart the referee he is always sure to say "it's not the referee's fault". :lol:
InFernos_Raiders
Clinton Schifcofske

Post by InFernos_Raiders »

When the Raiders played the Storm last week it was obvious it was men against boys.
Now I don’t mean in age I mean in mentality the Raiders need to grow up and mature to be honest they’ve had 5 years under Stuart and ?? No improvements in that area at all if anything it’s actually gotten worse.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

My memory is a little hazy so I could be way off the mark but when Ricky got sacked from the Kangaroos coaching gig wasn't it because he had said he wanted to "meet up" with the ref in the carpark - or something similar? Apologies if I have it wrong.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Captain Punish wrote:
Green eyed Mick wrote:I'm sure the NRL will find him a well paid job doing something completely unnecessary.
Touch judge?

-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

gergreg wrote:

My memory is a little hazy so I could be way off the mark but when Ricky got sacked from the Kangaroos coaching gig wasn't it because he had said he wanted to "meet up" with the ref in the carpark - or something similar? Apologies if I have it wrong.
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport ... c34233a402

Called Klein a **** and a cheat
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

greeneyed wrote: August 3, 2018, 6:59 pm I’ve been guilty of it myself. And referees have be accountable like everyone. But the culture of referee blaming at the Raiders and in the NRL more broadly has to stop. Everyone needs to take a lesson from this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For a multi billion dollar sport some of the refereeing errors are just not good enough. It happens every single year. I know it can be considered an absolute cop out, particularly concerning our own team, but they really need to do a thorough review of the officiating.

1. NRL coaches and/or clubs should have absolutely nothing to do with the rules.
2. A rule should never, ever be changed during a season.
3. If a rule is too open to interpretation or difficult to adjudicate then it needs to be simplified.
4. Consistency. They don't even get it right during the same game let alone over a weekend or season and I think it is because of point 3.
5. More funding to help them improve.

Gus Gould is always pissing and moaning about the referees and has regularly publicly said 'Give me a go, I will fix it up'. Give him an opportunity. I know many people hate him but I think he has a genuine love for the game and actually does a lot of good stuff within the game for the benefit of the game. Any time a club or coach is going through a rough spot he is on the phone to them to help them. He seems to have a great deal of respect amongst the rugby league community and there really is comradery within the coaching and playing ranks.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Putting Phil Gould in charge of the referees would go down as the second worst decision in mankind’s short history.