The social club of The Greenhouse

Moderator: GH Moderators

bonehead
Laurie Daley

Re: What has made/ruined your day

Post by bonehead »

reptar wrote:
T_R wrote:
reptar wrote:Made: the smile on the faces of the reception at Lufthansa Business Lounge Gate H Munich when they finally figured out how to charge entry to the Business Lounge for an Virgin Australia economy class ticket on an Etihad operated flight for a Velocity Gold member back to whoever is supposed to be charged.
Third party lounges on Velocity are a complete nightmare.

Also, hahahaha you're only Gold.

Sent from my SM-G955F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
One more trip like this in the next two months and I'll be platinum
TR owns his own airlines

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by reptar »

bonehead wrote:
reptar wrote:
T_R wrote:
reptar wrote:Made: the smile on the faces of the reception at Lufthansa Business Lounge Gate H Munich when they finally figured out how to charge entry to the Business Lounge for an Virgin Australia economy class ticket on an Etihad operated flight for a Velocity Gold member back to whoever is supposed to be charged.

TR owns his own airlines

How'd he buy them off Fergus?
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

everyone has their price

Edrick The Entertainer
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

reptar wrote:
T_R wrote:

Bwahahaha Platinum.

It's important that you keep trying, Reptar.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

bonehead wrote:made - job offer
ruined - not enough coin offered

counter offer, might buy TR

Edrick The Entertainer
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

bonehead wrote: May 22, 2018, 6:33 pm

The Emirates couldn't afford TR.
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

dubby wrote:
bonehead wrote: May 22, 2018, 6:33 pm

The Emirates couldn't afford TR.
It's a good offer

Edrick The Entertainer
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Im definitely for sale

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Professor wrote:
Northern Raider wrote:How about when you order a flat white and they ask if you want a cup or mug. First coffee of the day so naturally you go for the mug. Trouble is the still only use a single shot and simply add more milk.

Thanks unskilled barista, you've ruined my life. :x #firstworldproblems
I thought that was the norm. I've never had two shots provided for a mug unless I've asked.
I miss the great man.

RIP prof

Edrick The Entertainer
Sterlk
David Furner

Post by Sterlk »

Neither made, nor ruined, but feel like I need to apologise to the guy.

Indian guy near Lake Ginninderra waved me down for directions when I'm in the car, stopped and wound down my window. Seemed like he had a tenuous grasp on English, but looking for the 'new hospital'.

I told him where it was, but insisted it was closed and he should go to Calvary, then gave him directions to Calvary. 10mins later - "I wonder if...", googled it, turns out it just opened. Huh.

Apologies, sir... and godspeed!
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Well it depends what he wanted.. if we wanted treatment you did the right thing as the new hospital is outpatient and rehab only
Sterlk
David Furner

Post by Sterlk »

Yeah, I know it doesn't have an ER. I asked him if he wanted Emergency, but all I could get out of him was "new hospital".

I give it a 50/50 shot that I've either helped him or sent him on a wild goose chase. Didn't look particularly sickly or injured himself, could have had somebody else in the car, could have been visiting somebody or picking up from UCH.

Oh well.
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

Who has a building called 11 Times Square that isn't on Times Square?!
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

reptar wrote:Who has a building called 11 Times Square that isn't on Times Square?!
ooh ooh I know this one, it's Microsoft!

what do I win Reppy?

Edrick The Entertainer
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

OK, so I use Reddit from time to time to track competitors and give our products in Asia in particular a little nudge along every once in a while. Nothing too serious, but just on the couch in the evening once The GH stops updating, but it sits nicely in our key customer demographic.

So my troll account was dropping a little on the karma stakes, so I posted some made up crap on r/askreddit to give it a little nudge again. I figured 50 or 60 upvotes would get me out of trouble.

Anyway, I promptly forgot about it for the weekend. When I checked in today, I'd had 90k upvotes and an inbox full of emails like this:

"My name is XXX. I work for a film and television production company based in Los Angeles called XX. We were founded in 2013 and have a television deal at Universal TV (please note: our website is minimal for privacy reasons). We produced the 2017 independent film, The Clapper as well as the Comedy Central special, The Fake News with Ted Nelms. We also have a number of projects in development both in film and television.

I wanted to inquire about the availability and your interest in adapting this story into an American TV show. If you are at all interested, respond here or feel free to email me directly at XX and we can take it from there!

Thanks for your time, looking forward to speaking, XX
"

And

" Hello, I just read your crazy plot twist story! All I can say is, wow. I've had some bizarre coincidences in my time, plus a spoonful of cringe-worthy run ins with exes, but your tale is right up there.

This is going to be a long shot... but would you consider letting me interview you for a story? I work for a local media publication and I think our readers would be really fascinated by your experience.

Completely understand if you're not keen, but thought I'd give it a crack.

Thanks   "

I love the internet

EDIT: Damn. I left the email

reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

bonehead wrote:
reptar wrote:Who has a building called 11 Times Square that isn't on Times Square?!
ooh ooh I know this one, it's Microsoft!

what do I win Reppy?

You win the Not Getting An Uber to Times Square prize!
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

I love how you edited out his name but then left the email. :)
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

What has made/ruined your day

Post by gangrenous »

So out of that story I’m just curious how you use this GH troll account to spur sales?
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

gangrenous wrote: July 25, 2018, 6:18 am So out of that story I’m just curious how you use this GH troll account to spur sales? Image
This one is from the heart, you cynical bastard.

gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Hey!

I’m not cynical!
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

This whole thing is amazing for so many reasons :woot:
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Spiralling out of control now.

Very pleased to have gone viral; very embarrassed about it.

Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

I can't see this is what you were looking for but you should be proud.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Schifty wrote: July 25, 2018, 12:44 pm I can't see this is what you were looking for but you should be proud.
I'm with your friend Donald - the mainstream media really IS full of fake news!

Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

T_R wrote: July 25, 2018, 1:06 pm
Schifty wrote: July 25, 2018, 12:44 pm I can't see this is what you were looking for but you should be proud.
I'm with your friend Donald - the mainstream media really IS full of fake news!
Well they do both report what you both say as fact so.....
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Can we have a link to this reddit thing?
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

GE, it's blown up too much. I'm too embarrassed.

Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

Best keep your hands clean of this one GE. I've seen too much to escape unfortunately.

TR has ruined people's trust in anonymous internet stories.

To think just 24 hours ago he called me a horrible person.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Schifty wrote: July 25, 2018, 2:16 pm
To think just 24 hours ago he called me a horrible person.
The best fiction is always based in fact.

Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

So when is the mini series being released?
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Schifty wrote:So when is the mini series being released?
Ive gone to ground.

Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

T_R wrote: July 25, 2018, 9:43 pm
Ive gone to ground.
I see, trying to drive the price up.

Well played sir!
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Schifty wrote:
T_R wrote: July 25, 2018, 9:43 pm
Ive gone to ground.
I see, trying to drive the price up.

Well played sir!
Jackie Chan is already signed to play tr in both the big and small screen adaptation

Edrick The Entertainer
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

Back home now. Frank was pleased to see me.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

reptar wrote:Back home now. Frank was pleased to see me.
welcome home mate

Edrick The Entertainer