Cowboys 13+
17%

Total votes: 18

Crusader
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Re: 2018 Rd 18 V Cowboys: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by Crusader »

I have watched Bulldogs games heaps as my siblings are doggies fans, they play atrocious, but when it comes to playing Raiders they score the highest score they have scored this season, it kills me, it was a very ugly win last week, now............the cowboys are 3rd last, they suck too but hey will annihilate the Raiders if they play like they did against the dogs, in saying that im glad Stuart said it was a terrible performance, hopefully they play stronger.
Crusader
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Crusader »

TAPINE LOST THE CASE........WILL FACE 2 WEEKS
Boomercm
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Joe Picker

Post by Boomercm »

dubby wrote: July 10, 2018, 4:57 pm Knight is getting used to the weekly grind of NRL. Mostly the mental aspect. And If he goes back to NSW cup it's also because he needs more minutes on field in that lower grade standard.

He's a part of our future and will get more game time as such.

Still depend on Tapine too.

As for Murchie, he's learning a lot. He's happy around the boys and his time will come. No way Ricky will carry him and Knight at the same time.

Again, he will get his moment. He needs to keep working hard and developing himself in terms of rehabilitation and application at training

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
I think you might be wrong on Knight - I don't think Stuart has long term plans for him. Stuart has given more opportunities early on to the ones he keeps around long term (e.g., Bateman, Tapine).

But even if you assume Stuart has plans for Knight, then I still disagree with how he has been exposed to first grade. He might get 5 mins here or 10 there to finish a game. And then following his best 15 min stint, he warmed the pine for 80 minutes as we tired and gave up a 16 point lead. IMO this is not the sort of mental grind that will bind him to the team and help him develop.
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

gangrenous wrote:Cotric has been named at fullback to reduce his chances of continuing his try scoring streak and destroying the last bastions of my enjoyment of the season Image
We would have scored an extra try or 2 with a more dynamic runner at fullback against the doggies.
They won't have Cotters linking like Jack or Abbey, he'll be hitting holes.
Archer
David Furner
Favourite Player: Boxhead

Post by Archer »

I think I prefer cottees over cotters, maybe cause then i can try and find a way to make that great song about him.
You know the one..
Dusty
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Past:Daley
Present: Hodgson

Post by Dusty »

So with Tarpine suspended I'd imagine Ricky might use Papalii on the edge and Havilii to 13 with Knight to the bench.
2020: 1. Nicol-Klokstad 2. Cotric 3. Croker (c) 4 Leilua 5. Scott 6. Wighton 7. G. Williams 8. Papalii 9. Hodgson (c) 10. Sutton 11. J. Bateman 12. Whitehead 13. Tapine ----
14. Simmonson 15. Soliola 16. Guler 17. Horsburgh
Raidernation
Alan Tongue
Favourite Player: Stuart

Post by Raidernation »

I don’t think Knight is in the long terms plans. He needs to start getting aggressive because he’s too placid and that seems to be holding him back.

Havili to 13, well based on last week he’ll no. He looked a mile off! Slow getting back 10 and struggled to make an impact in Defense. Needs to get way better if this will be his role for 20 - 30 min stints.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

The sky is the limit for Canberra Raiders star Nick Cotric

Brett White says there was never a moment he sat back and thought he had something special in Canberra Raiders sensation Nick Cotric. He just always knew.

"He used to always be a very talented player coming through. The thing I’ve always said about Nick is he is a better person than he is a footballer, and he is a wonderful footballer," White said. "He’s come through the junior grades through the system and he has just excelled at every level coming through, and it all through him just putting in the hard work, being a really good person and buying into what the Raiders are about.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/ ... 4zqws.html
The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

NRL Match Preview: Raiders v Cowboys: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2018/07 ... v-cowboys/

Gallery: Raiders hit the training paddock: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2018/07 ... g-paddock/

Raiders signing session at ActewAGL: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2018/07 ... -actewagl/

VIDEO: Canberra Raiders Luke Bateman provides update on meniscus injury that sidelined him: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2018/07 ... lined-him/
The Greenhouse score update service
Archer
David Furner
Favourite Player: Boxhead

Post by Archer »

Raidernation wrote: July 11, 2018, 6:17 pm I don’t think Knight is in the long terms plans. He needs to start getting aggressive because he’s too placid and that seems to be holding him back.
Last week when he was fresh on the field I watched him just about walk from marker to pressure the kicker. It's only a small thing I realise but if you're a young bloke looking to get noticed I'd hope he does better next time as the coaching staff will definitely notice it. Bateman for example would have been sprinting out to put pressure on and that's his current competition.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

VIDEO: ActewAGL competition winner Lily interviews Jarrod Croker: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2018/07 ... ws-croker/

VIDEO: Raiders v Cowboys - Round 18 preview: https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/07/12/rai ... -round-18/
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders five-eighth Sam Williams: I'm not Blake Austin

Canberra Raiders five-eighth Sam Williams is determined to stamp his mark at the club after replacing Blake Austin.

"We obviously train throughout the week and spend a lot of time together so I didn't feel like my game needed to change too much [against the Bulldogs]," Williams said. "It was just about coming in and doing my job and making sure I was good defensively and try and grind out a win. I'm not Austo. Austo came on, that flamboyance, that's what he can do."

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/ ... 4zr2j.html
RTW
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by RTW »

So judging by the extended bench not having an outside back, is it safe to assume that Rapana is definitely playing?
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

RTW wrote:So judging by the extended bench not having an outside back, is it safe to assume that Rapana is definitely playing?
Whitehead could end up in the centres, so no not really
Woodgers
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Nick Cotric

Post by Woodgers »

Best outcome in this game is not even a Raiders win, it's Cotric having a stormer at fullback.
We continue to **** about with blokes that are part of some fraternity. It's infuriating.
Timbo
David Furner
Favourite Player: Hudson Young

Post by Timbo »

-TW- wrote: July 12, 2018, 11:28 pm
RTW wrote:So judging by the extended bench not having an outside back, is it safe to assume that Rapana is definitely playing?
Whitehead could end up in the centres, so no not really
Or Austin to FB and Cotric back on the wing.
Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is just the train that's about to hit you.
Dusty
Ruben Wiki

Post by Dusty »

Croker just said on Fox Sports News that he thinks Sia will play on the edge in place of Tapine

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
2020: 1. Nicol-Klokstad 2. Cotric 3. Croker (c) 4 Leilua 5. Scott 6. Wighton 7. G. Williams 8. Papalii 9. Hodgson (c) 10. Sutton 11. J. Bateman 12. Whitehead 13. Tapine ----
VictorTheViking
Ricky Stuart

Post by VictorTheViking »

I dont mind that...hes been running the ball hard lately

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Woodgers
Bradley Clyde

Post by Woodgers »

He only thinks it though. These things can be tricky.
We continue to **** about with blokes that are part of some fraternity. It's infuriating.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders support RMHC Canberra

In the lead up to the NRL Women in League Round, some female members of the club headed to the Ronald McDonald House Canberra to be part of the meals from the heart program.

The Canberra Raiders are proud to announce that the Ronald McDonald House Canberra will be the charity partner and beneficiary of the upcoming Valkyrie Luncheon event and Women in League player worn jersey auction.

Read more: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2018/07 ... -canberra/
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Dusty wrote: July 13, 2018, 12:25 pm Croker just said on Fox Sports News that he thinks Sia will play on the edge in place of Tapine.
He's going to drawn in by Thurston for a try. He just can't resist putting a shot on him. Hope it's a good one.
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

I would have loved to have seen a Guler, Murchie or someone like that get a start this week. Perfect opportunity with a struggling Cowboys outfit.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
Woodgers
Bradley Clyde

Post by Woodgers »

No time for risks when you're chasing a home final.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

VIDEO: Canberra Raiders captain Jarrod Croker speaks about the clash with the North Queensland Cowboys

Jarrod Croker can't wait to play in front of a Raiders home crowd on Saturday night again as the green machine prepare to tame the Cowboys at GIO Stadium.

"It's been a long time since we have been home and we have another three games away after tomorrow so it will be great to see plenty of kids out there enjoying their school holidays," Croker said.

Video: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2018/07 ... inal-word/
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Josh Hodgson backs Canberra Raiders' winning behaviour

Canberra star Josh Hodgson says criticism surrounding Joseph Leilua's celebration after the matchwinning try against Cantebury hasn't affected the group.

"There was a lot of media around BJ (Leilua) and the response and that's kind've heat of the moment. I thought the response by the boys afterwards was classy. We all got in a group and spoke that we'd been in the Dogs' situation many times and that was important that we be humble and not to rub it in their face."

Read more: https://www.sbs.com.au/news/hodgson-bac ... -behaviour
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by reptar »

Woodgers wrote:No time for risks when you're chasing a home final.
Whose home final are we chasing?
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders' Josh Papalii bounces back into Kangaroos mix

Dropped earlier in the year, Josh Papalli has not only played his way back into Australian contention, but Kangaroos coach Mal Meninga says the Canberra Raiders lock is one of the best forwards in the NRL.

"I thought he had a really good series, I think he's having a really good year," Meninga said. "I think he's one of the best forwards in the competition at the moment on form. The good thing with 'Papa' is he's got flexibility. He can play edge, he can play middle. The middle suits him. He's a big unit, got good footwork, good speed, he's got a great motor, he can last good minutes."

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/ ... 4zr9b.html

Gallery: ActewAGL Signing Session: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2018/07 ... g-session/

Gallery: Captain's Run v Cowboys: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2018/07 ... v-cowboys/

Absolutely Bleeding Green: Blast from the Past 1982: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2018/07 ... past-1982/
Dusty
Ruben Wiki

Post by Dusty »

Knight on the edge Image

Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

I was expecting Papalii to edge Soliola to lock. Could be good to see Knight get some more minutes
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Keen to see how Knight goes with more than 5 mins
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

Has Knight played 2nd row at Mounties?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
Dusty
Ruben Wiki

Post by Dusty »

I don’t think so, but he was a goal kicking centre as a teenager... he’ll handle it if needed

Coastalraider
David Furner
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Coastalraider »

Woodgers wrote: July 13, 2018, 1:57 pm No time for risks when you're chasing a home final.
:roflmao
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

The end only makes Johnathan Thurston even more dangerous for Canberra Raiders

The fact Johnathan Thurston is nearing the end of his career only makes the future Immortal even more dangerous in his final appearance at Canberra Stadium.

"We know what sort of impact he has wherever he plays the game. He's been one of the game's greatest ever players so it doesn't matter which field or what boots he's wearing, he's a good player and he's always going to be," Jarrod Croker said.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/ ... 4zrc0.html
RTW
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by RTW »

Great article on Hodgson on players voice.
https://www.playersvoice.com.au/josh-ho ... d-an-hour/