Post by Makaveli »

Cows always beat us. Not confident about this one

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

Hazza
Chris O'Sullivan
Favourite Player: Adam Clydesdale

Re: 2018 Rd 18 V Cowboys: Teams and Previews

Post by Hazza »

If Rapa isn't right Austo has to play fb. No other option.
Hazza
Chris O'Sullivan

Post by Hazza »

Makaveli wrote: July 9, 2018, 1:31 pm Cows always beat us. Not confident about this one

Except for rd 8 this year. Know what you mean though. Haven't beaten them at home in a white
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

@Super_Couch on Twitter

.@RaidersCanberra have ruled out brad abbey with concussion, Shannon Boyd (calf) 2-3 weeks but Rapana and Bateman could be back #nrl

.@RaidersCanberra still waiting to hear from #nrl re Jack Wighton’s suspension ...

.@RaidersCanberra prop Charlie Gubb could have his future finalised in next 48 hours. 3 Super League clubs interested. Has been given a clearance to leave Raiders, but available to play for them this weekend if picked... #nrl
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

Matt wrote: July 9, 2018, 11:50 am
zim wrote: July 9, 2018, 11:15 am
Matt wrote: July 9, 2018, 10:42 am I actually expect the team to be named as:
1. Abbey
2. Cotric
3. Croker
4. Leilua
5. Oldfield
6. Williams
7. Sezer
8. Lui
9. Hodgson
10. Paulo
11. Papalii
12. Whitehead
13. Havili

14. Austin
15. Gubb
16. Soliola
17. Knight

18. Rapana
19. Murchie
20. Hunt
21. Garvey
Very likely. I don't think Gubb will be picked but it lines it up for a good old fashioned smoke screen.
I hope not too, but a very Ricky like squad filling selection
With this new news...Hmmm... I can still see Gubb named this week. Rapa and Bateman on the extended.

1. Austin
2. Cotric
3. Croker
4. Leilua
5. Oldfield
6. Williams
7. Sezer
8. Lui
9. Hodgson
10. Paulo
11. Papalii
12. Whitehead
13. Soliola

14. Havili
15. Gubb
16. Murchie
17. Knight

18. Rapana
19. Bateman
20. Hunt
21. Garvey

Game day shuffle will see Oldie OUT and Murchie/ Gubb OUT, with Rapa and Bateo IN.
Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Green eyed Mick »

1. Cotric
2. Oldfield
3. Croker
4. BJ
5. Rapa (Rava if Rapa isn't fit)
6. Williams
7. Sezer
8. Lui
9. Hodgo
10. Paulo
11. Tapine (Papa)
12. Whitehead
13. Papa (Havili)

14. Havili (Austin)
15. Bateman/Guler/Murchie
16. Knight
17. Soliola

I really hope Tapine gets off so Austin can take his rightful place in reserve grade, although I wouldn't be surprised if Ricky pretended next year wasn't a thing and selected Austin at fullback.
Kryptonite
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Terry Reagan

Post by Kryptonite »

SeeBee101 wrote: July 8, 2018, 12:23 pm
LP Raider wrote: July 8, 2018, 11:47 am Just stick Austin out on the wing in defence, most other clubs do it with some of their halves.

Then switch the winger back for the opposition kick.

Williams and Sezer are too boring, I'd be looking at trying something with Blake defensively as we are too predictable in attack without him.
That's fine, but that doesn't bode well for next year if we aren't in the market for a new 5/8. we need to test Williams more. I'd leave Austin on the bench as a super sub.
Williams is rubbish, you dont need any further testing to clarify that, if he were any good we never would have signed Blake Austin in the first place
LP Raider
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Master Bateman

Post by LP Raider »

Kryptonite wrote: July 9, 2018, 5:41 pm
LP Raider wrote: July 8, 2018, 11:47 am Just stick Austin out on the wing in defence, most other clubs do it with some of their halves.

Williams and Sezer are too boring, I'd be looking at trying something with Blake defensively as we are too predictable in attack without him.
That's fine, but that doesn't bode well for next year if we aren't in the market for a new 5/8. we need to test Williams more. I'd leave Austin on the bench as a super sub.
Williams is rubbish, you dont need any further testing to clarify that, if he were any good we never would have signed Blake Austin in the first place
I was a fan of Williams years ago, not anymore there's nothing to see here. We are still in the running for a semi final spot and we have been pedestrian in attack with Austin out of the side. It's up to the coaching staff to find a solution to the right side D.

Williams is a plodder much like Sezer, there's no room for the both of them. Sort the 5/8 spot next year with the pom.
WorkChoice
RTW
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by RTW »

LP Raider wrote:
Kryptonite wrote: July 9, 2018, 5:41 pm

I was a fan of Williams years ago, not anymore there's nothing to see here. We are still in the running for a semi final spot and we have been pedestrian in attack with Austin out of the side. It's up to the coaching staff to find a solution to the right side D.

Williams is a plodder much like Sezer, there's no room for the both of them. Sort the 5/8 spot next year with the pom.
@LP do you bet on $100/1 shots at the races? Because they are in with a chance.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Looks like I'm going to this game

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Josh Hodgson says Canberra Raiders felt Canterbury Bulldogs pain

Raiders hooker Josh Hodgson says he was moved to sympathise with shattered Bulldogs players after a crazy finish to Canberra's shock comeback 32-28 win at Belmore Sportsground on Saturday night.

"We've lost so many close ones like that, it doesn't feel like you should really celebrate," Hodgson said. "You still feel a bit dirty because it felt like we lost it but at the same time we have to take the rough with the smooth, we'll take that any time, we needed those two points massively."

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/07/09/can ... s-players/
InFernos_Raiders
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by InFernos_Raiders »

Our season is over only small chance we have is if the Warriors fall from grace the Broncos and the rest are the top 8. I personally believe our season was over when we lost against the Broncos a 6 point gap is too far a gap and to hope Warriors fall. Stuart should blood some youth we are over our cap we lost Boyd and Paulo, Boyd is hurt bring in some Mounties and don’t bother with Austin let him play out his Raiders career at the Mounties.
Stuart is to blame for another season failure, we over pay players to keep a player like Pappa and Wigjton is not worth $700k. We are over the cap we only signed a young Wigan forward. Our depth is poor because Stuart failed to use any depth which we do atm the Mountains who are actually 2nd. We have Stuart till 2020.

Our win against Dogs was lucky our team didn’t look like they cared we only played well for last 10 minutes we nearly lost to Dogs by just one Dogs player. Yet again our bench management was once again poor and stupid. It’s another year the Raiders will finish between 9th -12th, just not good enough but apparently it is for Furner the rest of the Board and Stuart.
Oh and finally BJ scoring that try near the end and standing over Morris was poor and unexceptable you know after they lost so many games in the same fashion you would think our players would be a little bit more humble in victory. But I love my club that’s why it angers me and other so much because we have so so much good talent but have always had hacks as coaches.
Timbo
David Furner
Favourite Player: Hudson Young

Post by Timbo »

If he plays Bateman ahead of Murchie, I will be pretty annoyed.

I'm preparing to be annoyed.
Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is just the train that's about to hit you.
Johno
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Johno »

Timbo wrote: July 10, 2018, 8:53 am If he plays Bateman ahead of Murchie, I will be pretty annoyed.

I'm preparing to be annoyed.
I think Bateman has been good this year but would like to see Murchie given a go on the bench
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

VIDEO: Canberra Raiders Nick Cotric looking to continue try-scoring form

Nick Cotric has scored a try in his previous eight games but the Canberra local junior is just focused on putting in a good shift for the green machine.

"Obviously I do my job for the team and try to finish as much of those chances as possible. I wasn't aware of the number of tries I had scored in a row," Cotric said.

Video: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2018/07 ... ring-form/

Gallery: Raiders PlayNRL Junior Holiday Clinic: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2018/07 ... ay-clinic/

Gallery: Sydney Members event: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2018/07 ... ers-event/

Five Things: Raiders v Cowboys: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2018/07 ... v-cowboys/
Brew
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Blake Austin

Post by Brew »

Nice first photo in the Sydney Members gallery...

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
In Ricky We Trust
cat
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse

Post by cat »

Anyone know when tapine faces the judiciary?

Vaccinated
Hazza
Chris O'Sullivan

Post by Hazza »

InFernos_Raiders wrote: July 10, 2018, 2:08 am Our season is over only small chance we have is if the Warriors fall from grace the Broncos and the rest are the top 8. I personally believe our season was over when we lost against the Broncos a 6 point gap is too far a gap and to hope Warriors fall. Stuart should blood some youth we are over our cap we lost Boyd and Paulo, Boyd is hurt bring in some Mounties and don’t bother with Austin let him play out his Raiders career at the Mounties.
Stuart is to blame for another season failure, we over pay players to keep a player like Pappa and Wigjton is not worth $700k. We are over the cap we only signed a young Wigan forward. Our depth is poor because Stuart failed to use any depth which we do atm the Mountains who are actually 2nd. We have Stuart till 2020.

Our win against Dogs was lucky our team didn’t look like they cared we only played well for last 10 minutes we nearly lost to Dogs by just one Dogs player. Yet again our bench management was once again poor and stupid. It’s another year the Raiders will finish between 9th -12th, just not good enough but apparently it is for Furner the rest of the Board and Stuart.
Oh and finally BJ scoring that try near the end and standing over Morris was poor and unexceptable you know after they lost so many games in the same fashion you would think our players would be a little bit more humble in victory. But I love my club that’s why it angers me and other so much because we have so so much good talent but have always had hacks as coaches.
Warriors have a tough draw from here in and probably will crash and burn. We have a tough draw as well though that's the problem. Warriors probably done enough to fall in
Hazza
Chris O'Sullivan

Post by Hazza »

cat wrote: July 10, 2018, 1:58 pm Anyone know when tapine faces the judiciary?

It's weird, no one seems to know. Every article i've read just says 'this week'
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

cat wrote: July 10, 2018, 1:58 pm Anyone know when tapine faces the judiciary?

Tonight while Big Bang Theory is on...
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

NRL Team: Raiders V Cowboys

Canberra Raiders V North Queensland Cowboys
Saturday 14 July 7:35pm
Canberra Stadium
Tickets: Click here
TV coverage: Fox League Channel 502
Radio: ABC, 2CC, Mix 106.3

The Raiders have named their team for the round 18 match against the North Queensland Cowboys at GIO Stadium on Saturday night.

Brad Abbey (Concussion) and Shannon Boyd (Calf) have been ruled out through injury, however the Raiders will be boosted by the early return of Jordan Rapana (hamstring) and Luke Bateman (knee) in the 17 this week.

Rapana comes back into the team on the wing, with Nick Cotric shifting to fullback to cover for the loss of Brad Abbey.

Luke Bateman comes onto the bench for the Raiders after recovering from minor knee surgery, with Junior Paulo to start the match in place of Shannon Boyd.

Josh Papalii has been named at lock for the Raiders pending his fitness following State of Origin 3. The inclusion of Papalii sees Siliva Havili return to the interchange bench and Liam Knight moved to 18th man.

Joe Tapine has been named in the second row as he contests a charge at the NRL Judiciary tonight.

Canberra Raiders

1. Nick Cotric
2. Michael Oldfield
3. Jarrod Croker (C)
4. Joey Leilua
5. Jordan Rapana
6. Sam Williams
7. Aidan Sezer
8. Dunamis Lui
9. Josh Hodgson
10. Junior Paulo
11. Joe Tapine
12. Elliott Whitehead
13. Josh Papalii

14. Blake Austin
15. Luke Bateman
16. Siliva Havili
17. Sia Soliola

18. Liam Knight
19. Jack Murchie
20. Royce Hunt
21. Craig Garvey

North Queensland Cowboys

1. Lachlan Coote
2. Kyle Feldt
3. Enari Tuala
4. Kane Linnett
5. Antonio Winterstein
6. Te Maire Martin
7. Johnathan Thurston (C)
8. John Asiata
9. Jake Granville
10. Scott Bolton
11. Gavin Cooper
12. Coen Hess
13. Jason Taumalolo

14. Ben Hampton
15. Shaun Fensom
16. Shane Wright
17. Corey Jensen

18. Justin O'Neill
19. Ethan Lowe
20. Mitchell Dunn
21. Francis Molo
23. Jake Clifford

Officials:

Referees: Henry Perenara, Liam Kennedy
Sideline Officials: Rohan Best, Kasey Badger
Video Referees: Steve Chiddy, Bryan Norrie

Canberra Raiders media

Match Hashtags: #NRL #WeareRaiders #BleedGreen #NRLRaidersCowboys

The Greenhouse Hashtags: #WearGreen2018 #FromAllAngles

Mounties teams: Click here

Plus follow us on Twitter: @TheGHRaiders and Instagram: @TheGHRaiders
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Gee that's surprising to see Knight out of the 17.
Boomercm
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Joe Picker

Post by Boomercm »

zim wrote: July 10, 2018, 4:01 pm Gee that's surprising to see Knight out of the 17.
really? Stuart has not appeared to use Knight with much confidence. In fact I will go further - Stuart has not used Knight in a way that suggests he has much interest in developing him.
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Boomercm wrote: July 10, 2018, 4:40 pm
zim wrote: July 10, 2018, 4:01 pm Gee that's surprising to see Knight out of the 17.
really? Stuart has not appeared to use Knight with much confidence. In fact I will go further - Stuart has not used Knight in a way that suggests he has much interest in developing him.
Yes. With Knight having probably his best game for us, Havili being a good lock, us losing a big body in Boyd, Bateman coming back from injury, I am surprised.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Re: 2018 Rd 18 V Cowboys: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by dubby »

Knight is getting used to the weekly grind of NRL. Mostly the mental aspect. And If he goes back to NSW cup it's also because he needs more minutes on field in that lower grade standard.

He's a part of our future and will get more game time as such.

Still depend on Tapine too.

As for Murchie, he's learning a lot. He's happy around the boys and his time will come. No way Ricky will carry him and Knight at the same time.

Again, he will get his moment. He needs to keep working hard and developing himself in terms of rehabilitation and application at training

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Nick Cotric named at fullback for Raiders clash against Cowboys

Canberra Raiders young gun Nick Cotric will shift to fullback to cover Jack Wighton's absence for the crucial game against the North Queensland Cowboys at Canberra Stadium on Saturday night.

With Wighton indefinitely suspended while the NRL mulls over how long he should miss for his assault case and Brad Abbey out due to concussion, Cotric will wear the No.1 jersey for the Green Machine for the second time.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/ ... 4zqne.html
Finchy
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Post by Finchy »

Makaveli wrote: July 9, 2018, 1:31 pm Cows always beat us. Not confident about this one

Except in round 8, when they didn't.
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

That bench is very light.

Sent from my SM-G955F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

Northern Raider wrote:That bench is very light.

It’s terrible. Knight should be there. I struggle to have both Havilii and Bateman on the bench together when Austin is there at 14

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Cotric has been named at fullback to reduce his chances of continuing his try scoring streak and destroying the last bastions of my enjoyment of the season
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

LastRaider wrote:
Northern Raider wrote:That bench is very light.

It’s terrible. Knight should be there. I struggle to have both Havilii and Bateman on the bench together when Austin is there at 14

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
Agree.

Still could change come game time. Tarps fronting the judiciary and Paps backing up from Origin.

* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

dubby wrote: July 10, 2018, 4:57 pm Knight is getting used to the weekly grind of NRL. Mostly the mental aspect. And If he goes back to NSW cup it's also because he needs more minutes on field in that lower grade standard.

He's a part of our future and will get more game time as such.

Still depend on Tapine too.

As for Murchie, he's learning a lot. He's happy around the boys and his time will come. No way Ricky will carry him and Knight at the same time.

Again, he will get his moment. He needs to keep working hard and developing himself in terms of rehabilitation and application at training

It just feels inconsistent that Bateman who is the same age has been allowed to do nearly all his development in the NRL, but Ricky is so reluctant on someone like Knight. Same goes to a lesser extent for his reluctance to take a chance on someone like Hunt, especially when we are in serious need of some size in the middle next year. I reckon it would be quite frustrating as a player.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Oh goodie..we've got Henry.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

-PJ- wrote:Oh goodie..we've got Henry.
He probably thinks the same thing, he cops it royally each time hes here, even when we win

Ref allocations:

"Raiders vs Cowboys: Perenara and Kennedy"

"Ah for **** sake"