Blooding juniors

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Re: Blooding juniors

Post by Matt »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: July 7, 2018, 8:25 pm All we want is for him to finally find Daley, Belcher, Stick, Walters and Meninga incarnates and give them the chance they deserve. Is that too much to ask? FML

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
:cmon :clap:
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Dr Zaius wrote: July 7, 2018, 3:19 pm
Coastalraider wrote:
Dr Zaius wrote: July 7, 2018, 1:14 pm If Sticky would only give juniors like Cotric a go In his preferred position of fullback when your starting Fullback will be missing for the rest of the year.
Or blood Abbey like numerous people in the thread are calling for. He can't win.
Ive liked what Ive seen of Abbey. He isnt a top draw player, but looks a better than handy replacement. Pity he was knocked out cold last night.

Im also not a Cotric to FB person. Id rather we punt BJ and move Nick there.
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by reptar »

Abbey looks like if he gets a bit of confidence he'll go pretty well.
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

reptar wrote: July 8, 2018, 9:29 am Abbey looks like if he gets a bit of confidence he'll go pretty well.
I agree.
Not sure if id go as far as to say he is NRL standard. But i think he is better than NSW Cup
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

He looks safe under the high ball. He's chimed in well in backline sweeps but is not a threatening ball runner from what I've seen.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Dr Zaius wrote: He can't win.
Yes. I think that's what's annoying people, to be honest.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Blues87
Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
Favourite Player: Papa

Post by Blues87 »

After watching Mounties yesty, how on earth did Gubb get games before Royce Hunt?
bleedgreen99
Brett Mullins

Post by bleedgreen99 »

Matt wrote: July 8, 2018, 9:33 am
reptar wrote: July 8, 2018, 9:29 am Abbey looks like if he gets a bit of confidence he'll go pretty well.
I agree.
Not sure if id go as far as to say he is NRL standard. But i think he is better than NSW Cup
Abbey is just average. What we’ve seen is the best he’s got. And when you’ve got a guy leading the comp in line breaks, scoring tries for fun and is his best position it makes no sense... you put your best players in their best positions, simple as that
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

bleedgreen99 wrote: July 8, 2018, 12:27 pm
I agree.
Abbey is just average. What we’ve seen is the best he’s got. And when you’ve got a guy leading the comp in line breaks, scoring tries for fun and is his best position it makes no sense... you put your best players in their best positions, simple as that
I agree with that.

However, I believe you are alluding to Cotric, and I dont believe FB is/ will be Cotric's best position in FG. The top FBs ball play. Cotric has never been that kind of player/ FB. I really think centre is his go. He is far more BJ than he is Ponga.
Johno
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Johno »

Matt wrote: July 8, 2018, 9:28 am
Dr Zaius wrote: July 7, 2018, 3:19 pm
Coastalraider wrote:
Dr Zaius wrote: July 7, 2018, 1:14 pm If Sticky would only give juniors like Cotric a go In his preferred position of fullback when your starting Fullback will be missing for the rest of the year.
Or blood Abbey like numerous people in the thread are calling for. He can't win.
Ive liked what Ive seen of Abbey. He isnt a top draw player, but looks a better than handy replacement. Pity he was knocked out cold last night.

Im also not a Cotric to FB person. Id rather we punt BJ and move Nick there.
''

Id go with that, depending on what BJ is on, great try at the end but he costs us too often with his tough guy approach.

Cotric would be brilliant in the centres, id imagine he takes more runs now than BJ and a much better team player.
Id like to see Rapa at FB, Oldfield has done well and hes a big body.
bleedgreen99
Brett Mullins

Post by bleedgreen99 »

Matt wrote: July 8, 2018, 2:03 pm
bleedgreen99 wrote: July 8, 2018, 12:27 pm
I agree.
I agree with that.

However, I believe you are alluding to Cotric, and I dont believe FB is/ will be Cotric's best position in FG. The top FBs ball play. Cotric has never been that kind of player/ FB. I really think centre is his go. He is far more BJ than he is Ponga.
I saw plenty of good ball playing in his 1 game there. He’s no ponga but he’ll be in the halves sooner rather than later so I don’t think it’s fair to compare them. Cotric is an all round footy player and will be our best pretty soon. Maybe you didn’t see much ball playing in the juniors because he’d just beat them solo... He needs to be able to roam and he’s got the skills to play wherever he wants
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

Blues87 wrote: July 8, 2018, 12:24 pm After watching Mounties yesty, how on earth did Gubb get games before Royce Hunt?
Hunt let's a few in based on the games I've watched. Maktoa as well. Having said that I would pick both ahead of Gubb.
Dusty
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Past:Daley
Present: Hodgson

Post by Dusty »

O’Hagan is in the plans....
Watch this space

2020: 1. Nicol-Klokstad 2. Cotric 3. Croker (c) 4 Leilua 5. Scott 6. Wighton 7. G. Williams 8. Papalii 9. Hodgson (c) 10. Sutton 11. J. Bateman 12. Whitehead 13. Tapine ----
14. Simmonson 15. Soliola 16. Guler 17. Horsburgh
RTW
David Furner

Post by RTW »

Dusty wrote:O’Hagan is in the plans....
Watch this space

Same plans that we had for Mitch Cornish?
Dusty
Ruben Wiki

Post by Dusty »

RTW wrote:
Watch this space

Not too sure but he’s got a development contract on the table and is apparently negotiating a full time contract

2020: 1. Nicol-Klokstad 2. Cotric 3. Croker (c) 4 Leilua 5. Scott 6. Wighton 7. G. Williams 8. Papalii 9. Hodgson (c) 10. Sutton 11. J. Bateman 12. Whitehead 13. Tapine ----
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

RTW wrote: July 8, 2018, 9:45 pm
Watch this space
If O’Hagan gets the same opportunity as Cornish whether we hold onto him or not is entirely on his own playing ability.
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

I thought this thread would have more appreciation for EDIT.
Dont delete this GE
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

simo wrote:I thought this thread would have more appreciation for EDIT
it's not like EDIT

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Edrick The Entertainer
chris83
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Sia, hodgo, all of the magnificent b**tards!!!

Post by chris83 »

Whos O'hagan? Apologies for not knowing but with three kids all under 5 i dont get time to watch many games apart from when the raiders play
I've got legs, and i know how to use them
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

He's one of the guys from Mounties 20s

Came from the Knights, part of the Country 23s side that did really well last year

Big wraps on him
chris83
Brett Mullins

Post by chris83 »

What position?
Dusty
Ruben Wiki

Post by Dusty »

He was supposed to play NSW Cup on the weekend but got called into the NSW 20s team

RTW
David Furner

Post by RTW »

chris83 wrote:What position?
6/7
chris83
Brett Mullins

Post by chris83 »

Well i look forward to sticky giving him 3 games next year then dumping him and watching him fade away like every other young half under rickys coaching
Coastalraider
David Furner
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Coastalraider »

chris83 wrote: July 9, 2018, 12:58 pm Well i look forward to sticky giving him 3 games next year then dumping him and watching him fade away like every other young half under rickys coaching

Probably play him at hooker.
chris83
Brett Mullins

Post by chris83 »

Off the bench and maybe a bit of time on the wing as well