A tribute to my dad

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

100%green
Don Furner

Re: A tribute to my dad

Post by 100%green »

Condolences to you and your family mate.

I lost my mum to cancer 11 years ago. She was a Raiders nut like myself. End of the day it's just a game but it can bring people together.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

GreenGuy
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Re: A tribute to my dad

Post by GreenGuy »

Lucky wrote: July 7, 2018, 9:36 pm I would like to dedicate the raiders victory tonight to my father who passed away after a brave battle with cancer, 2 hours from kickoff time. He was 62 years young. He was a massive bulldogs fanatic, and i am a massive raiders fanatic. We had lots of great times watching these games over the years and everytime the raiders lost he was there to cheer me up, and believe me the raiders have made me need a lot of cheering up since i started supporting them in 94. My best memory was about 18 years ago at the olympic stadium where we won 32-0. We had planned to go to this game even before dad became sick and we both would have loved this game.
Rest in peace big fella and well see each other soon :hi
This resonates with me because my old man (who is a bulldogs supporter) took me to that game at Homebush and got me into the sheds to meet Matt Elliott and the boys afterwards. I vividly remember Toots with his leg in a bucket of ice thanks to some battle scars. That guy was a machine.

May your old man rest in peace.