The Motorsport Thread

From cricket to motor sports to wrestling and anything in between

Moderator: GH Moderators

Sossman
David Furner
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Re: The Motorsport Thread

Post by Sossman »

raiderskater wrote:OH my god, THIS RACE BLOWS.

Not just the Webber/Vettel redux, but now Bottas gets a stupid puncture and stupid sulky brat Hamilton is gift-wrapped a win he absolutely does not deserve.
That was hard to stomach.

He did reach out to Bottas though which is an uncharacteristic flash of humanity from him.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

4 Time Boogs Award Winner.

Get tested for VIKING CLAP today. https://www.health.act.gov.au/hospitals ... lth-centre.
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

Sossman wrote: April 30, 2018, 9:38 am
raiderskater wrote:OH my god, THIS RACE BLOWS.

Not just the Webber/Vettel redux, but now Bottas gets a stupid puncture and stupid sulky brat Hamilton is gift-wrapped a win he absolutely does not deserve.
That was hard to stomach.

He did reach out to Bottas though which is an uncharacteristic flash of humanity from him.

Maybe he remembered the backlash when he celebrated Monaco 2016 like an idiot after Dan got screwed out of the win.

Poor Bottas. He was absolutely foot-perfect the whole race and did nothing wrong, and then that puncture.

Now I'm just mad that a) Dan got a reprimand at all and b) ONLY a reprimand for Verstappen. Come on FIA, what are you waiting for? His idiocy to kill someone!?
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
Schifty
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by Schifty »

In what could be the dumbest news you'll read all year Formula 1 have trademarked the "Shoey" :roll: :roll:
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

In Motogp news, young Aussie Moto2 rider Remy Gardner has broken both legs and 1 ankle during training. Massive shame for him he's come on in leaps this season.
Another up and comer to watch on the bikes is Billy Van Eerde in the Red Bull rookies and Asia Talent cup, he's only about 14yo going very well.

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
Sossman
David Furner

Post by Sossman »

bonehead wrote:In Motogp news, young Aussie Moto2 rider Remy Gardner has broken both legs and 1 ankle during training. Massive shame for him he's come on in leaps this season.
Another up and comer to watch on the bikes is Billy Van Eerde in the Red Bull rookies and Asia Talent cup, he's only about 14yo going very well.

Bad luck for Remy. He's been better this year and visibly improving his racecraft.

Let's be fair though. He's not at the Marquez / Zarco god-tier in Moto2 so not sure how long he should keep battling away burning Dad's money.

To have any sort of future in MotoGP you need to be rinsing the opposition in the junior categories.

Get tested for VIKING CLAP today. https://www.health.act.gov.au/hospitals ... lth-centre.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Sossman wrote:
bonehead wrote:In Motogp news, young Aussie Moto2 rider Remy Gardner has broken both legs and 1 ankle during training. Massive shame for him he's come on in leaps this season.

Bad luck for Remy. He's been better this year and visibly improving his racecraft.

Let's be fair though. He's not at the Marquez / Zarco god-tier in Moto2 so not sure how long he should keep battling away burning Dad's money.

To have any sort of future in MotoGP you need to be rinsing the opposition in the junior categories.

Gardner isn't short on talent, he's no freak but every time he's been on decent equipment he's had good results.
Next year will be interesting for him, likely stays at Tech3 on a ktm chassis with the new triumph engines. KTM australia keen to back him.

Edrick The Entertainer
Sossman
David Furner

Post by Sossman »

bonehead wrote:
Sossman wrote:

Gardner isn't short on talent, he's no freak but every time he's been on decent equipment he's had good results.
Next year will be interesting for him, likely stays at Tech3 on a ktm chassis with the new triumph engines. KTM australia keen to back him.

He might, MIGHT, do well in Superbikes.

He's not MotoGP calibre, and if you've ever seen him interviewed you'd know this is Wayne living through him vicariously.

Miller on the other hand has shown he's the real deal this year.

bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

been following him from the cev moto3 in 2014, he's his own person a lot more since joining Tech3 and has started to mature from the cheeky brat.
I'd agree I don't think he's motogp quality and pending opportunities I'd like to see him on a decent supersport bike, it was almost a shame he missed following through the German superstock factory yamaha ride when he replaced the rider on the Tasca bike in 2016.
His CEV moto2 rides in early 2016 were impressive, replaced by Lecuona who couldn't replicate same results.
That Tasca bike was a 2yo piece of junk with no spares and minimum of crew. Last year he started out bad with the broken ankle and never really recovered so it was good to see the improvement early this year after Vierge left tech3 and they tried him on the setup Vierge was running suddenly made a big jump.
As I said, I'm biased and a fan of his, as I was his dad but there's a lot more than a surname involved here he definitely has some ability.
World Championship bike racing is a big bucks game, you need backing and then some.
More talented kids won't get the same chances and that's a massive area Aussie racing and business needs to address, the Europeans have the pathways sorted and seem to be more patriotic than us who'd rather run down the tall poppy.
Follow Van Eerde, I reckon he'll be competitive against the Oncu boys in the Red Bull rookies, already won a race in Asia Talent cup.

Edrick The Entertainer
Sossman
David Furner

Post by Sossman »

bonehead wrote:been following him from the cev moto3 in 2014, he's his own person a lot more since joining Tech3 and has started to mature from the cheeky brat.
I'd agree I don't think he's motogp quality and pending opportunities I'd like to see him on a decent supersport bike, it was almost a shame he missed following through the German superstock factory yamaha ride when he replaced the rider on the Tasca bike in 2016.
His CEV moto2 rides in early 2016 were impressive, replaced by Lecuona who couldn't replicate same results.
That Tasca bike was a 2yo piece of junk with no spares and minimum of crew. Last year he started out bad with the broken ankle and never really recovered so it was good to see the improvement early this year after Vierge left tech3 and they tried him on the setup Vierge was running suddenly made a big jump.
As I said, I'm biased and a fan of his, as I was his dad but there's a lot more than a surname involved here he definitely has some ability.
World Championship bike racing is a big bucks game, you need backing and then some.
More talented kids won't get the same chances and that's a massive area Aussie racing and business needs to address, the Europeans have the pathways sorted and seem to be more patriotic than us who'd rather run down the tall poppy.
Follow Van Eerde, I reckon he'll be competitive against the Oncu boys in the Red Bull rookies, already won a race in Asia Talent cup.

I'll have a look but usually don't watch much bike racing outside of WSBK and MotoGP (all 3 categories)

Oh and loving watching Bayliss get around on ASBK.

Australian feeder pathways too reliant on freakishly talented supercross kids who manage to make the switch.

The spanish have their kids riding road bikes really early on. There is footage only of Marquez as a 10y/o riding 125cc's.. can barely reach the footpegs. We need a SE Asia CEV-level championship with at least 50% of the races in Australia.

bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Van Eerde not the best 1st race in rbr cup, 19th, whilst the freak Turk twins Can and Deniz Oncu took 1st and 4th.
Rossi and Marquez show on again tonight

Edrick The Entertainer
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Edrick The Entertainer
raiderskater
Jason Croker

Post by raiderskater »

Everyone ready to watch Dan get his long-overdue Monaco win tonight?

I am except that I don't trust ol Crashstappen not to do something stupid. Or Red Bull not to screw it up.

Also, the fact that the European races now start at 11pm instead of 10pm is killing me. Monaco is always a near two-hour race.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
Sossman
David Furner

Post by Sossman »

Danny Ric is in ridiculous form this weekend. He should be fine as long as there isn't some BS mid-race VSC.

Best race of the year. Pumped.

bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

I'll be camping on the lounge with alarm set

Edrick The Entertainer
raiderskater
Jason Croker

Post by raiderskater »

Sossman wrote: May 27, 2018, 8:21 pm He should be fine as long as there isn't some BS mid-race VSC.
...which is exactly what I'm worried his idiot teammate will cause.

raiderskater
Jason Croker

Post by raiderskater »

That was just as stressful as Friday night. JFC, good thing I'm not getting my blood pressure taken this week.

Sossman
David Furner

Post by Sossman »

Amazing stuff. Ricciardo is a legend.

FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

Good weekend for Aus Motorsport, with Power winning at the Brickyard as well

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Congrats Dan.

Anytime that arrogant pony LHamilton is denied a win is a good day....
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

That's some kinda drive. Perfect track to have that kind of problem though, it's basically impossible to pass
raiderskater
Jason Croker

Post by raiderskater »

Lowndesy announced his retirement from full time driving at the end of the season. :( :( :(

bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

overdue

Edrick The Entertainer
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

raiderskater wrote: July 6, 2018, 7:17 pm Lowndesy announced his retirement from full time driving at the end of the season. :( :( :(
He'll still drive a car though right ?

You know..shops, out for lunch etc !!!
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Nope, he's handed in his licence.. he's done
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

-TW- wrote: July 6, 2018, 7:32 pm Nope, he's handed in his licence.. he's done
:)
raiderskater
Jason Croker

Post by raiderskater »

bonehead wrote: July 6, 2018, 7:23 pm overdue

No! Overdue was Ingall, and Tander. Lowndsey is still 5th in the championship and just finished 4th in today's race - he still has it.

I bet he'll be the most in-demand partner for enduros.

Sossman
David Furner

Post by Sossman »

I love Lowndesy, closest thing we'll get to Brocky in the modern era.

But he's done. He's 5th in the championship because he's in a T8 car and hes had some good luck. He's no longer a contender.

Word on the street is that General Motors wants to see a competitive woman in a fast car in V8s.

Here is how this is playing out:

Lowndes retires..

Roland Dane buys the licence off Tekno

Team A: RBHRT with JDub and Van Skidzbergen.

Team B: "Toro Rosso" equivalent with Nick Percat and either Suzie Wolff, Danica Patrick or Molly Taylor. Yeah don't laugh. Molly Taylor is real **** talent. She would be fast in anything.

Rick
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by Rick »

Simona to 888.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Heard that during the race today, interesting to see how she would go in a decent car
raiderskater
Jason Croker

Post by raiderskater »

I heard that as well. I'd be pretty happy about that, a chance in a good car might be all she needs. Remember Richard Petty himself put wraps on her after seeing her in Indycar testing years ago. She's quick. She's no Danica.

And I'm with Sossman, Molly Taylor would be fast in a washing machine.

Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

What a punish
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Hahahahahahahaha exactly

THEYRE GONNA CRASH HERE
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

This supernight concept is a winner
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

-TW- wrote:This supernight concept is a winner
yeah was great, I was there back in 96 it was ok this was professional

Edrick The Entertainer
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

Yeah the night concept was good.

Gee there have been a few lousy safety cars this year

- spoiler was nowhere near the racing line last night

- one race a car was beached near pit lane so a safety car was called.. meaning everyone rushed into the pit towards the ‘danger’

- foam on the track in Darwin?

Not much point in watching practice, qualifying, the first 90% of a race if its just going to turn into a safety car lottery near the end over something minor
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine