New Members: Introduce Yourself

The social club of The Greenhouse

Moderator: GH Moderators

reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Re: New Members: Introduce Yourself

Post by reptar »

Gucy wrote:Hey all, didn't see this thread before my other posts, hope that's ok.

I've been a Raiders fan since I can remember. Whilst it's been tough days I kind of always had a good feeling about Sticky coming back to the club, and it certainly has paid dividends this year. Looking to hopefully post on here a lot about how good the latest Raiders victory was.
Welcome Gucy! If dubby asks if you have a cat, just ignore him. None of us actually have cats, we just get pictures of them from the internet and pretend they know something about football. And yes, isn't it great that Ricky's back?!?
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
Gucy
Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
Favourite Player: Hodgson, Leipana, Campese

Post by Gucy »

reptar wrote:
Gucy wrote:Hey all, didn't see this thread before my other posts, hope that's ok.

I've been a Raiders fan since I can remember. Whilst it's been tough days I kind of always had a good feeling about Sticky coming back to the club, and it certainly has paid dividends this year. Looking to hopefully post on here a lot about how good the latest Raiders victory was.
Welcome Gucy! If dubby asks if you have a cat, just ignore him. None of us actually have cats, we just get pictures of them from the internet and pretend they know something about football. And yes, isn't it great that Ricky's back?!?
Haha, not sure who Dubby is but if I come across him I'll stand still like a statue and maybe he won't see me.
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Post by Manbush »

Welcome Gucy whose favorite player just happens to be Milne :hmmm :lol: :welcome:
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

Gucy wrote:
reptar wrote:

Haha, not sure who Dubby is but if I come across him I'll stand still like a statue and maybe he won't see me.
dubby is an admin on the site. that might work, though, I don't think any one has tried!
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Post by Manbush »

Hbomb wrote:Guess I should get round to doing this aye

Name : Hamish
Favourite current Raiders player : Jeff mutha ukkin shakkas Lima
Favourite former Raiders player : Lincoln Withers
Famous on the forums for: I guess for just being a horny kinda guy
Favourite Raiders moment : every single one of Schifcofski's 12 minute conversion attempts
Other Sports : Oakland Raiders, St Louis Blues
Only 28 and a fan of Red Dwarf, there's hope for this generation after all.
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
Warlord
Gerry De La Cruz
Favourite Player: Garyyyy BELCHER

Post by Warlord »

G'day cobbers, I'm fresh meat, but not exactly - I've been lurking this forum for years, since around 2015! I've always valued everyone's insight here but never registered because I just never felt I had anything of value to contribute, but after Sunday's brilliant win I felt 'Bugger it, I want to talk to other footy/Raiders fans that can actually construct sentences' heh. I'm a Brisbane based heavy metal muso who's loved the Raiders since I was a little kid, and I'm a total sadsack/tragic for them - I have a full costume, getup and persona that I call The Warlord whenever the lads are in town hahaha. Happy to be laughed at for it, I love it and it's fun as hell!

Name : Phil
Favourite current Raiders player : Jordy Raps
Favourite former Raiders player : The mustachioed marvel, the great Gary Belcher!
Famous on the forums for: Lurking. For years and years. Heh
Favourite Raiders moment : Right now, that demolition job we did on the Tigers yesterday feels pretty sweet!
Other Sports : NFL Oakland Raiders, AFL Brisbane Lions, T20 Brisbane Heat, NBA New York Knicks (though I don't get to see too many games!) Mixed Martial Arts and Professional Wrestling (utter utter tragic for it!)

So yes... Nice to finally talk to you all ;)
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

Warlord wrote: June 18, 2018, 2:20 am G'day cobbers, I'm fresh meat, but not exactly - I've been lurking this forum for years, since around 2015! I've always valued everyone's insight here but never registered because I just never felt I had anything of value to contribute, but after Sunday's brilliant win I felt 'Bugger it, I want to talk to other footy/Raiders fans that can actually construct sentences' heh. I'm a Brisbane based heavy metal muso who's loved the Raiders since I was a little kid, and I'm a total sadsack/tragic for them - I have a full costume, getup and persona that I call The Warlord whenever the lads are in town hahaha. Happy to be laughed at for it, I love it and it's fun as hell!

Name : Phil
Favourite current Raiders player : Jordy Raps
Favourite former Raiders player : The mustachioed marvel, the great Gary Belcher!
Famous on the forums for: Lurking. For years and years. Heh
Favourite Raiders moment : Right now, that demolition job we did on the Tigers yesterday feels pretty sweet!
Other Sports : NFL Oakland Raiders, AFL Brisbane Lions, T20 Brisbane Heat, NBA New York Knicks (though I don't get to see too many games!) Mixed Martial Arts and Professional Wrestling (utter utter tragic for it!)

So yes... Nice to finally talk to you all ;)
Welcome, Warlord! Gary Belcher was indeed stupendously well endowed in the moustache region. What a legend! When we played footy at lunch at primary school (which was touch when teachers were near, and tackle when they weren't), I always did my best Badge impression and wanted to play fullback due to him. Unfortunately, I was lacking the psychopath genes required to play rugby league competitively.
Warlord
Gerry De La Cruz

Post by Warlord »

My old man always used to say he could step three times on the same blade of grass, absolute weapon of a player. I never had the football smarts required to play fullback myself, being the scrawny runt I was in my playing days I was pretty happy to stay on the wing. Catch the ball and run towards the big H! 😂
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

Warlord wrote:My old man always used to say he could step three times on the same blade of grass, absolute weapon of a player. I never had the football smarts required to play fullback myself, being the scrawny runt I was in my playing days I was pretty happy to stay on the wing. Catch the ball and run towards the big H! Image
If that's what Badge could do, imagine what Chicka could. Step in mid air?
Warlord
Gerry De La Cruz

Post by Warlord »

I don't think he ever even touched the ground! 😂
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

Warlord wrote:I don't think he ever even touched the ground! Image
Floating on a cloud of smoke from Winnie Reds.
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

welcome to the forum reptar!
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

Sid wrote:welcome to the forum reptar!
Thanks Sid! Is there anyone i should look out for?
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

reptar wrote:
yes

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

bonehead wrote:
reptar wrote:
yes

Who?
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

reptar wrote:
bonehead wrote:
reptar wrote:
yes

Who?
glad I could help.

also Dubby.

Edrick The Entertainer
Motiv8dan
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Bradley Clyde

Post by Motiv8dan »

Hey all, very new and green here (pun), I love my Raiders and have for a long time, good to find a place to talk to like minded people.

Name : Daniel
Favourite current Raiders player : Big Josh Papalii
Favourite former Raiders player : mr Consistent, Bradely Clyde
Famous on the forums for: Nothing yet, just found you guys from an invite on Facebook
Favourite Raiders moment : Brett Mullins scoring under the post against Brisbane at Bruce on a cold, cold Friday night, amazing try from nothing, I found it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fI47iqj5vLE
Other Sports : I love my AFL, played it as well as League growing up in Canberra and Love the Geelong Cats.
One day the Raiders and the Cats win the same year and make my head explode!!
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Welcome, but I'm afraid you'll need to be quarantined for 14 daya before posting

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

New Members: Introduce Yourself

Post by gangrenous »

Who will be bringing the food and water that we trust not to share cigarettes or try to sleep with him?
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

gangrenous wrote:Image

Who will be bringing the food and water that we trust not to share cigarettes or try to sleep with him?
clearly not TR

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer